Question and Answer

Zas678

Would it be possible to use Forgery to gain powers from other magic systems, like making oneself temporarily become a mistborn?

If I remember right you can't because the Forgery can't give you the access to Preservation's power... But if you are already an allomancer (for example a Rioter) you may be problably Forgable in a Coinshot (and any other Misting) or a Mistborn.

Somewhere in the Forum there are similar question to Mister Sanderson, I hope someone may post here, at the moment I can't

Edited by Yata

The systems appear due to the shards'interactions with the world they're at. It's a realmatics thing. What turns out is technically beyond their control.

Though the shards do have some control over it. Preservation changed the table of allomantic metals so it would have atium and malatium instead of cadmium and bendalloy. I believe the Shards can change some of the specifics, but not the general workings of the system.

Though the shards do have some control over it. Preservation changed the table of allomantic metals so it would have atium and malatium instead of cadmium and bendalloy. I believe the Shards can change some of the specifics, but not the general workings of the system.

I'm pretty sure humans made those tables, not Preservation (and malatium was never generally known to the public). That said, Harmony changed Snapping, for example. So you're right that they can do some things.

I'm pretty sure humans made those tables, not Preservation (and malatium was never generally known to the public). That said, Harmony changed Snapping, for example. So you're right that they can do some things.

Eagles talked about the existence of Atium and Malatium Misting... that can't "naturally" born because Atium and Malatium as God Metal aren't part of Allomantic Metals (are quite a Metallic Art Hacks for Magic user that can interact with every metals).

He said "changed te table" becuse Preservation tried to keep the "Hidden message" of the humber 16 in the Allomancy as a clue to the Human, therefore He "add" two new kinds of misting because other 2 kinds (cadmius and bendalloy) will be untrackable (because the cadmius need more advanced tech to be mined)

Those minor details, like how humans gain access and in what form, yes. But the fundamental of burn metal > power flows from shard based on metal burned > magic happens? I doubt Preservation could do much to it.

Eagles talked about the existence of Atium and Malatium Misting... that can't "naturally" born because Atium and Malatium as God Metal aren't part of Allomantic Metals (are quite a Metallic Art Hacks for Magic user that can interact with every metals).

He said "changed te table" becuse Preservation tried to keep the "Hidden message" of the humber 16 in the Allomancy as a clue to the Human, therefore He "add" two new kinds of misting because other 2 kinds (cadmius and bendalloy) will be untrackable (because the cadmius need more advanced tech to be mined)

Do we actually know that atium mistings can't be naturally born? (We never see any malatium mistings, and pretty much no one knows that the 'eleventh metal' was malatium, or anything) We know that metals unknown to Harmony (probably a god metal) can interact with hemalurgy, so why wouldn't atium naturally be able to interact with Allomancy, changing which mistings exist? Especially if both Ruin and Preservation are Invested in the same world.

I can buy that Preservation did something special with the mistfallen, but what about Yomen (the obligator king)?

I don't think Preservation so much changed the Allomantic table, but instead used people's ignorance for good, going along with the misunderstanding.

If I'm right, there should still be Seers out there in the AoL era, who will never know they are Mistings, since there's no atium around...

I think the entire concept of 16 metals (plus God Metals) is misleading and there are more. The only reason 16 is of significance on Scadrial is because Leras needed to make it seem so to let people solve how to defeat Ruin and this has effected their entire culture. The Lord Ruler pretended 10 was the magic number. Leras more convincingly made it 16, but I think depending how you look at it, it could actually be 20 or 23 or 24

So you are an emotional allomancer, and I'm wearing an aluminum hat.  That means that you can't affect the parts of my brain that are involved in emotion.  But could you still affect the adrenal gland at the base of my neck and give me an adrenaline rush?

Edited by ecohansen

So you are an emotional allomancer, and I'm wearing an aluminum hat.  That means that you can't affect the parts of my brain that are involved in emotion.  But could you still affect the adrenal gland at the base of my neck and give me an adrenaline rush?

I think Emotional Allomancy works on the little understood cognitive/neural aspects of emotion, limbic pathways, etc, rather than any extrinsic hormones in order for it to  be consistent (all emotions that we are conscious of are assessed and tweaked by the brain in order for us to be conscious of them and it seems most likely that this is the common point of Allomantic action).

Not meaning to be a pedant, but just so people don't have false information, your adrenal glands are just next to your kidneys, not in your neck. You may be thinking of the thyroid. Sorry!

Are Hemalurgical constructs (or just spiked people) more suspectible to emotional Allomancy? I am not talking about controlling them; I am talking about manipulating their emotions.

On one hand, koloss and kandra seem immune to emotional Allomancy until a certain threshold is reached and then they are controlled. On another hand, Inquisitors were suspectible to emotional Allomancy.

I'm fairly certain the Inquisitors were 'susceptible' to emotional allomancy the same way the Kandra and Koloss were.

On the other hand, most or all Inquisitors probably had access to allomantic copper, rendering them immune to emotional allomancy.

Actually, Oversleep, where did you see an Inquisitor being affected by emotional allomancy? I don't think I remember reading that anywhere in the first trilogy.

Actually, Oversleep, where did you see an Inquisitor being affected by emotional allomancy? I don't think I remember reading that anywhere in the first trilogy.

At the beginning of the first book, when Kelsier plays hide-and-seek with an Inquisitor which follows Vin out of the Canton. He draws his attention by emotional Allomancy and Inquisitor notices, so that's a thing.

At the beginning of the first book, when Kelsier plays hide-and-seek with an Inquisitor which follows Vin out of the Canton. He draws his attention by emotional Allomancy and Inquisitor notices, so that's a thing.

That could easily just be bronze, though, which we know they're good with. Kel may have just been using Allomancy to get his attention.

jW

Is an innate Breath an "extra" part of the soul, or just a detachable part of a "normal" soul?

I assume since drabs are (presumably) different from non-Nalthians, some part of the "normal" soul is in the Breath, but does it also give something more?