Long Game 99: Scourges of the Saturated Seas

Sart

12 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Yes. Every spore has an associated negative for oversubscription. For sunlight, it's that our votes become random — @Sart is the following day D1 or D2 supposing it happens today? Also all PMs are closed.

Considering if there's value in everyone consenting to a Verdant oversubscription tbh. Knowledge that everyone is RBed for the next cycle means we can force the Elims to lose a tempo or at least exclude most players from having made the kill.

Edited to add: Probably not worth it at 4 Verdant but something to KIV for future cycles IMO.

If Sunlight Spores are oversubscribed during the day, it affects the votes of that day. If they are oversubscribed during the night, it affects the votes the following day.

12 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

that is a good point about the verdant oversubscription. not sure if i would want it right at the start. i think we should let the elims get a tempo first. @Sart how many spores can one take per day?

You can take spores during the night and the day. You can take one spore during each day, and one spore during each night.

Morrigan had slept in, but she made up for it with enthusiasm, barreling down the hallway from her room to the deck like a zephyr-shot cannonball of salt and leather. As she arrived at the scene of the misdeed, Chicken, a vibrant macaw of rumpled, pink and green plumage, alighted upon her right shoulder. Morrigan surveyed the deck, corpse, and crew, than turned to face him. 

"Murder?" 

"Murder!" 

"Traitors?" 

"Traitors!" 

"Spores for the taking?" 

"Awk, spores for the ta-a-aking!" 

Morrigan clapped her hands together, hooting with delight as she rubbed her palms. Now, this was an exciting challenge to begin the day with. 

[Insert clever segue into OOC thoughts here] 

-Being able to track who grabbed what spores seems preferable for village solving purposes.

-Trying to plan grabbing spores, to avoid oversubscription, seems prudent, so I will state right here that I plan to take a verdant spore. 

-Aeo's aggressive suspicion feels like proactive v!solving but it could certainly be e!agenda. I don't fully agree with her take on Raven, so she is tentatively null+, for now. 

-Aman's interaction with Raven gives me good vibes, decent v!lean, for now. 

-Drake is making bold statements, which, from my experience in SE so far, is not necessarily E or V for him. Seeing how he executes on this plan will hopefully be informative, but he is null-ish, for now. 

-While I don't scumread Raven as much as Aeo, he has not been particularly villagery, either. 

-Roy: 

12 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i think we should let the elims get a tempo first.

Can you explain this, please? I know Kas already asked, but I didn't really see an answer.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ    DrakeMarshall

(•‿•)?    Aeternum, RoyalBeeMage, Kasimir

¯\_(´ー`)_/¯    Aeoryi, TheRavenHasLanded, Amanuensis, Hairybarron, Faerie Braids

(-_-) zzZ    JNV

( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)    |TJ|, The Bald Brandon

ಠ_ಠ

Vote Tally
|TJ| (1): DrakeMarshall
Aeoryi (1): TheRavenHasLanded

TheRavenHasLanded (1): Aeoryi
Nobody: Everyone Else

Spore Tally
Crimson (1/1): DrakeMarshall
Verdant (1/4): Faerie Braids
Zephyr (1/5): TheRavenHasLanded
Sunlight (1/7): RoyalBeeMage
Undeclared: Everyone Else

After wildly gesticulating and emoting about different crewmembers, the principles of spore supply and demand, and other more confusing subjects, the mostly mute helmsman of the Crooked Moon stepped back up to the tiller to resume steering the ship in silence.

Edited by DrakeMarshall
tally update

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

First off, primal elim behavior is in microaggressions. Raven's entrance STINKS.

You still didn't answer my question though. You voted on Raven because you felt their post was performative. What exactly is performative about "oh fun"?

5 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ    DrakeMarshall

¯\_(´ー`)_/¯    Aeoryi, TheRavenHasLanded, Amanuensis, Hairybarron, Faerie Braids

(-_-) zzZ    JNV

ಠ_ಠ

Vote Tally

Spore Tally

After wildly gesticulating and emoting about different crewmembers, the principles of spore supply and demand, and other more confusing subjects, the mostly mute helmsman of the Crooked Moon stepped back up to the tiller to resume steering the ship in silence.

I thought i said i had a midnight spore. i think i shall take zephyr, for my next go.

11 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

You still didn't answer my question though. You voted on Raven because you felt their post was performative. What exactly is performative about "oh fun"?

I have the same question lol.

3 hours ago, |TJ| said:

In reference to their next post, "I guess I control the nights now"

3 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

Aeo's aggressive suspicion feels like proactive v!solving but it could certainly be e!agenda. I don't fully agree with her take on Raven, so she is tentatively null+, for now. 

Question for you: what's wrong with my raven take?

i am taking a sunlight spore

4 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:
16 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Can you explain this, please? I know Kas already asked, but I didn't really see an answer.

actualy kas never asked me about this. i think he just ignored this. i said this because i think that it is useless to think about who is a elim until after their first kill. then again i have no idea. this is only my second game so i could be completely wrong

6 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

I thought i said i had a midnight spore. i think i shall take zephyr, for my next go.

Sus plus

6 hours ago, |TJ| said:

I answered this already but idk why you're pressing this 

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Sus plus

What? if i wanna use midnight, i need at least one other spore, no?

edit: or to save myself if someone trys to take my midnight spore.

6 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ    DrakeMarshall

(-_-) zzZ    JNV

ಠ_ಠ

Vote Tally

Spore Tally

i also have my midnight spore.

47 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

What? if i wanna use midnight, i need at least one other spore, no?

edit: or to save myself if someone trys to take my midnight spore.

i also have my midnight spore.

NO ONE CAN SPORE TAKE YOU

7 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ    DrakeMarshall

(-_-) zzZ    JNV

ಠ_ಠ

Vote Tally

Spore Tally

I like the little faces.

I have a sunlight spore btw. Not sure if I'll ever use it (everyone scary. Aeternum hide in corner). I suppose |TJ|? Getting a lil aggressive.

3 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

I like the little faces.

I have a sunlight spore btw. Not sure if I'll ever use it (everyone scary. Aeternum hide in corner). I suppose |TJ|? Getting a lil aggressive.

I guess we lynch TJ and then if he flips v we kill Aeternum

Aman, the player who’s roleplaying me, forgot about the game lol. He’s tired from work so he is getting ready for bed. Thankfully, he has tomorrow off, so expect us to catch up on the thread and contribute then.

For now that is all o7

Edited by Amanuensis

9 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Question for you: what's wrong with my raven take?

Honestly, this could be mostly subjective on my part. Raven's entrance seemed, to me, like he was just saying hi in a NAI manner. Coyly alluding to having a midnight spore was kind of weird, but he did not say anything that strongly gave me pause.

8 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i said this because i think that it is useless to think about who is a elim until after their first kill

We can start thinking and working at it now, but it is true that finding elims is more difficult before the first kill.

10 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i am taking a sunlight spore

actualy kas never asked me about this. i think he just ignored this. i said this because i think that it is useless to think about who is a elim until after their first kill. then again i have no idea. this is only my second game so i could be completely wrong

On 3/9/2024 at 4:27 PM, Kasimir said:
On 3/9/2024 at 3:23 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

Why?

3 hours ago, The Bald Brandon said:

:( I feel unjustly persecuted.

Curious where your Hairy read is at.

1 hour ago, Faerie Braids said:

Coyly alluding to having a midnight spore was kind of weird

Hmm. It's weird but it's what Raven tends to do. A whole reason why Archer accidentally cleared Araris early on in the AG thinking Araris was Raven for the early Smoker claim. The defeater here is Raven didn't claim in the QFs, though that in itself is also telling.

In light of which: Aeo. Unsure if this is fully the E!tell that I was told about, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Faerie Braids said:

We can start thinking and working at it now, but it is true that finding elims is more difficult before the first kill.

Why? (At you and @RoyalBeeMage.)

No one here tends to do NKA and we don't have Ash around. Without NKA, it's more discussed exe pressure that gets us finding Elims. (There's second and third layer implications based on whether they prefer low info kills or noise kills but suffice to say neither makes it easier for us.)

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Curious where your Hairy read is at.

Hmm. It's weird but it's what Raven tends to do. A whole reason why Archer accidentally cleared Araris early on in the AG thinking Araris was Raven for the early Smoker claim. The defeater here is Raven didn't claim in the QFs, though that in itself is also telling.

In light of which: Aeo. Unsure if this is fully the E!tell that I was told about, but we'll see.

Why? (At you and @RoyalBeeMage.)

No one here tends to do NKA and we don't have Ash around. Without NKA, it's more discussed exe pressure that gets us finding Elims. (There's second and third layer implications based on whether they prefer low info kills or noise kills but suffice to say neither makes it easier for us.)

oh. that makes a bit of sence. how much longer do we have on the round? and what is the vote count? need an online tool to do this for me.

edit: after reading through your reasoning i am starting to lean towards Aeo

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

12 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Because performative means making a show or bolstering one's image as a villager in everyone's eyes [usually done by faking to be helpful]. I cannot think how "oh fun" can be taken as performative [or if you claim it is for the spore claim, nothing about "nights are mine to claim" is anything close to being perceived as performative to appear village]. 

11 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

I guess we lynch TJ and then if he flips v we kill Aeternum

Shades of LG[whatever that game was in which Aeo was evil with Devotary, possibly Fifth game, I was Bondsmith iirc]. Aeo did this same thing in that game. 

Pre-Sleep Thoughts:

-Not fond of Royal sheeping. Do not feel there was an explicit argument I made and unless Royal V!reads me (why?), there should be no reason to go onto my vote just because I feel I've sighted an E!tell. Would not C1 Royal because Royal is new enough I think the courtesy protection remains.

-No real Raven read atm. I liked the sincerity of one of Raven's posts but that's more a vibe check than anything.

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

Shades of LG[whatever that game was in which Aeo was evil with Devotary, possibly Fifth game, I was Bondsmith iirc]. Aeo did this same thing in that game. 

Do you not feel that kind of pre-flipping is more an endgame move than an early game move?

-Aeo has felt strongly opportunistic and I'm wary of barracking.

- @Amanuensis Bro, am interested in your take here?

-Would like to hear from TKN wrt Hairy.

-I actually don't necessarily love Faerie's posts so far. Faerie has felt very hedgy. If I've the time (later, need sleep rn), I want to go check against her previous games because the hedginess feels ???

cf.

7 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

Honestly, this could be mostly subjective on my part. Raven's entrance seemed, to me, like he was just saying hi in a NAI manner. Coyly alluding to having a midnight spore was kind of weird, but he did not say anything that strongly gave me pause.

Undermines own Raven read. Washes out to null.

21 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

-Aeo's aggressive suspicion feels like proactive v!solving but it could certainly be e!agenda. I don't fully agree with her take on Raven, so she is tentatively null+, for now. 

Null+ for not agreeing with Raven take - but why? (I would argue there's not a necessary connection in that you can disagree with her Raven take and think she's V, or disagree and think she's E, so stringing them together in this context makes me wonder what you are thinking about.) Also first sentence reads like keeping options open and I'm not very fond of it. Would like to hear more.

21 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

-While I don't scumread Raven as much as Aeo, he has not been particularly villagery, either. 

Goes back to the sense of keeping options open tbh. I really need to do a Faerie comparison when I have the time/after sleep.

Drakebro, shut up I am not taking space faerie crap from you again 😠 

Edited to add:

Extra point I suppose - Drake's playstyle shift is fair but dampening my ability to read him. Still, in respect of that, I'll erode my credences a little.

6 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

oh. that makes a bit of sence. how much longer do we have on the round? and what is the vote count? need an online tool to do this for me.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240306-223435_YouTube.jpg?e

🐑

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

In light of which: Aeo. Unsure if this is fully the E!tell that I was told about, but we'll see

Here's some quotes for the few of you brave enough to attempt this kind of thing:

Aeo doesn’t exist in my readslist btw. Change that. She’s not in poe, she’s not in town list, she’s not real. I do gth [gun to head] think she’s town still tho. Just keep that in mind separately of the list

- Jazzy Kate

For those of you who don't know, on Mafia Universe (MU) I have this Elim tell that I'm terrible at the game as town and decent at being town-y in the game when I'm Elim. I am not joking when I say that I tend to vote on elims more often as Elim, and tend to hard defend elims as town. 

I have been trying to actually become better at the game (so I wouldn't necessarily rely on the tell) but also it only is notable later in the game, when proper vote analysis can be done.

The other thing I don't like about this tell is the number of countless times it has lead to me being fearkilled early in a game. I've written posts on why it's bad before, and I'll do it again.

2 hours ago, |TJ| said:

And you think I haven't gotten better since then?

This vote feels very opportunistic. More opportunistic than I've ever seen TJ be (as town)

Do you not feel that kind of pre-flipping is more an endgame move than an early game move?

Contradiction with the whole "I think I've spotted an Elim tell"

Idk your confidence behind my tell seems so flimsy 

Town probably 

Aeo has felt strongly opportunistic and I'm wary of barracking

I'm curious what you think of TJ then

9 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

Honestly, this could be mostly subjective on my part. Raven's entrance seemed, to me, like he was just saying hi in a NAI manner. Coyly alluding to having a midnight spore was kind of weird, but he did not say anything that strongly gave me pause

Lol your entire read on me is based off the fact that you think my opinion is wrong

I don't like that above post from Aeoryi. Just does not sit right with me. I don't think I'm willing to vote for it yet, since I've judged Aeo quite wrongly in the past, but I'm close.

@Kasimir, I kinda dragged Hairy into signing up for this game, so I suspect the vote is a typical latch onto the only familiar name. If you're asking about my LHF theory, no, this doesn't fit any of the qualifiers. 

7 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

What reasoning?

A vote count is a list of where the current votes are.

4 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Because performative means making a show or bolstering one's image as a villager in everyone's eyes [usually done by faking to be helpful]. I cannot think how "oh fun" can be taken as performative [or if you claim it is for the spore claim, nothing about "nights are mine to claim" is anything close to being perceived as performative to appear village]. 

In my opinion, the following examples are performative (or at least Elim behavior):

Hmmm... should I claim now?

I have a really powerful role that I don't want to reveal yet 

If you kill me you are wasting one of the village's greatest power roles

Actually, I lied about my role. It's more powerful than what I said it was.

Generally, alluding to the power of your role without stating it is both useless and is a poor way to breadcrumb. Saying things like, 

If I claim my role, I'll be NK'd

Just gets you NK'd anyways, and shows a lack of fear for the safety of oneself. Elims don't need to worry about being killed by the NK, so they can breadcrumb their power all they want, and at worse it'll probably deter the vigs from coming their way.

Another thing I have sort of addressed but I want to address more is MR66

There is literally both a massive timeframe between MR66 and LG99. Not to mention, it isn't even my most recent Elim game, even on this site. Like, dude, you literally were the GM for my most recent Elim game.

10 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

(in response to Bee mage) We can start thinking and working at it now, but it is true that finding elims is more difficult before the first kill.

I don't know if I'm the only one thinking that Royal's mindset just seems... Weird and wrong. On one hand, I can't see a villager saying "I think we should let the elims have the first move" but I also couldn't really see an Elim saying that. 

Same thing with the whole not reading the game rules thing. It's kind of weird, not in an overplayed way, but in a "why doesn't he just understand the rules" kind of way.

1 hour ago, The Bald Brandon said:

I don't like that above post from Aeoryi. Just does not sit right with me. I don't think I'm willing to vote for it yet, since I've judged Aeo quite wrongly in the past, but I'm close.

@Kasimir, I kinda dragged Hairy into signing up for this game, so I suspect the vote is a typical latch onto the only familiar name. If you're asking about my LHF theory, no, this doesn't fit any of the qualifiers. 

For those of you who have been thinking that my playstyle feels weird or off:

I have been playing tons of games on MU. You can see some of the results here, if you really don't believe me, but playing many games has an impact on tone.

For those of you unfamiliar with MU, it's a much more hardcore site to play mafia on, where a single cycle can have over 1000 posts some times, and where toxicity rules are much more lenient. It leads to a different playstyle, and I'm going to stop bringing it up because I don't think it's important right now, but I will say that I am not the same player that I was in AG10 or MR67. I've become different.

15 hours ago, Hairybarron said:

tbbthebaldbarron is the sussest man around town he is a liar and the truth is not in him

This vote is okay I guess 

Village: Drake, TBB (TKN), JNVKasimir, Aman, Faerie, Raven

Not Village: TJ, Aeternum, Barron, RBM

my bet is that there's 2 in <TJ, Aeternum, RBM, JNV> and 1 in my Village reads.