Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Granted. You have your eternal nightlight. However, whenever you are about to show it to anyone, or consider showing it/letting someone know of it's existence, you are gripped with a paralyzing fear and are unable to do it.

I wish to not change while the world around me does.

47 minutes ago, Doctor12 said:

Granted,  you become a perfect,  beautiful statue,  able to observe everything changing. 

I wish for a boon without a bane

Granted, but said boon is not getting a bane. Have fun with your nothing, my friend. :P

I wish to be a Mistborn.

7 hours ago, Argel said:

I put myself at your mercy by wishing for a girlfriend like Shallan!! :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Elenion said:

WoR spoilers:

Hide contents

Granted. However, to her eyes you look just like her father.

For that truly evil (and upvote worthy) bane...

48 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I wish to be a Mistborn.

Granted! You are prime hemalorgic spike material, and spend your short Mistborn existence in tortuous pain as you are brutally killed for your powers. 

I wish for a girlfriend like Shallan that is deeply in love with me.

Granted. The Nightwatcher believes you to be worthy of this boon. However, it is still her custom and right to demand a bane as well, so... from now on, you cannot smell anything.

Slight tangent: 

(her banes aren't always "yes, but..." things, and from what we've seen, pretty easily concealed by the person. Nobody knows what Dalinar's bane is. That one dude that talks in the one interlude mentions that his dad or grandpa or something saw the world upside down for the rest of his life. Just sayin'...

I wish I could walk through walls and become invisible.

Edited by Brightness Enna
spoiler tags

8 minutes ago, Brightness Enna said:

Granted. The Nightwatcher believes you to be worthy of this boon. However, it is still her custom and right to demand a bane as well, so... from now on, you cannot smell anything.

Slight tangent: 

Hide contents

(her banes aren't always "yes, but..." things, and from what we've seen, pretty easily concealed by the person. Nobody knows what Dalinar's bane is. That one dude that talks in the one interlude mentions that his dad or grandpa or something saw the world upside down for the rest of his life. Just sayin'...

I wish I could walk through walls and become invisible.

Isn't Dalinar's bane

Spoiler

that he can't remember his wife's name?

*please ignore this for game purposes*

Hm... Granted. The nightwatcher considers turning you into a neutrino, but decides it would be more interesting to turn you into a cognitive shadow. The nightwatcher kills you, but gives you the power to resist the call to the great beyond for as long as you want, so (both SH and BoM spoilers)

Spoiler

you are like kelsier after vin ascended, although you might have a hard time coming back to life like he seems to have managed to do

I know this isn't actually very much like the nightwatcher's standard way of giving banes (which all seem to be neurological), but still, there is a certain elegance to accomplishing both your boon and the bane in a single act.

I wish to become a steelrunner-edgedancer (with the ability to functionally access both of these powers, despite things like the lack of stormlight on earth...).

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Isn't Dalinar's bane

Hide contents

Funny thing is it might be boon or bane. It says somewhere that she interprets the wishes rather willfully... Dalinar might just have asked to stop hurting about his wife, and this is how she did it.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

[...] I know this isn't actually very much like the nightwatcher's standard way of giving banes (which all seem to be neurological), but still, there is a certain elegance to accomplishing both your boon and the bane in a single act.

I wish to become a steelrunner-edgedancer (with the ability to functionally access both of these powers, despite things like the lack of stormlight on earth...).

My thoughts exactly about banes and boons in this game.

As for your wish... granted. Sadly for you, the Nightwatcher does not know what a steelrunner is (like me) so you might be a little surprised at what you really get. As your bane, you're not able to turn off your awesomeness. Have fun slipping and gliding through the world, never being able to hold so much as a cup in your hand.

You.... Forgot to ask for something.  So you get 1000 pounds of mashed banana.  That's your boon.  Your bane is that you are suddenly allergic to bananas.

I wish to be a Fullbinder, with access to a power source readily available on earth.  (Stormlight equivalent of a Fullborn. Just came up with that now.)

22 minutes ago, Magestar said:

You.... Forgot to ask for something.  So you get 1000 pounds of mashed banana.  That's your boon.  Your bane is that you are suddenly allergic to bananas.

I wish to be a Fullbinder, with access to a power source readily available on earth.  (Stormlight equivalent of a Fullborn. Just came up with that now.)

Granted but Odium is on earth and there's no other shard around to stop him.

I wish I was one of the shards friends and even if their intent says they have to hurt me they can't.

You are Hoid. I also grant you the power of the ten Surges, which cause the 17th Shard (both of them) to hunt you down and figure out how you got that power.

I wish to let it be known that my last boon was copied from Lift, and that it was a test of the accuracy of this game.

5 hours ago, Stormgate said:

You are Hoid. I also grant you the power of the ten Surges, which cause the 17th Shard (both of them) to hunt you down and figure out how you got that power.

I wish to let it be known that my last boon was copied from Lift, and that it was a test of the accuracy of this game.

But a few pages ago I got a bane where I was made into hoid...:P

Anyway

11 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Done.  Your bane;  You incite the wrath of those who think you are suggesting the game is inaccurate.

I wish for pie.

Granted... The nightwatcher produces a pie made from chocolate covered mushrooms with cayenne pepper and powdered lemonade concentrate on top. Don't ask me where she got it. As your bane, after finishing the pie, you suffer from mental trauma, and whenever someone talks about pies or you see a pie in the future you uncontrollably flinch.

I wish to know what I could wish for so that I won't regret making the wish.

Edited by Drake Marshall

4 hours ago, Magestar said:

Done.  Your bane;  You incite the wrath of those who think you are suggesting the game is inaccurate.

I wish for pie.

Granted, it's a magical pie, each time the pie dish empties you get a new one of the type you are most craving at that moment, you can not share it, it's nutrionally complete (an healthy for you), half the calories of the pie it's copying, and never spoils. However, a patch of skin in the middle of your back forever itches, it can not be treated and it is incessant, about the pain level of touching your eye with a hint of pepper oil (just a hint). While pie is in your mouth the discomfort is cut in half.

My wish is for the ability to heal any person.

(Also I skipped the last response cause it had no wish! And pie is cool)

Edited by Zoaez
Autocorrect fail

2 hours ago, Zoaez said:

Also I skipped the last response cause it had no wish

We've been treating that as a grave insult to the Nightwatcher's time, so give the user a bane. The boon could be letting the person live..... ;)

So @Magestar, your bane is to be the Jar Jar Binks (most hated/reviled) type character in one of Brandon's stories. Better hope for a one off novelette!! :P

So, healing any person... Granted! But when healing someone else, you have to transfer your life energy to them. You can also siphon off life energy from someone else if they volunteer to allow it to heal yourself. Healing yourself is always less efficient than healing others. Your bane is whatever was healed will glow bright, neon red for an hour or so....

I wish for weekends were three days instead of two!!!

Granted. An extra day is added to each week and called "Skyday". Nobody really knows why. However, it throws off the calendar and now nobody knows how old they are. 

Bane: Lightbulbs cease to work around you, though they aren't broken and continue to function when you leave. This applies to fluorescent, incandescent, and whatever else I'm forgetting. Strangely, LEDs work.

Spoiler tag for off-topic

22 hours ago, Elenion said:

Isn't Dalinar's bane

Reveal hidden contents

I was referring to in-world. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

I wish that my phone and laptop batteries would never die. (I mean so I never have to charge either device ever again)

Edited by Brightness Enna

6 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Granted. Your phone is Nokia 1200 and your laptop is Epsom HX 20 (you can't buy new ones) hehe enjoy  :P

i wish to go be a graduate from Hogwarts

Granted. As the best Ravenclaw student of the year, you've taken your NEWTs in Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Astronomy and Divination, achieving only Outstanding and Exceeds Expectations grades.
Then through some freak accident you end up in the cosmere. You realize your astronomical knowledge, being based on the Milky way, is mostly worthless here. As a side effect your Divination skills also have become rather blotchy, being based on the sun's planetary system.
Then you meet Hoid. As you know he collects magic like other people collect stamps. You're still trying to convince him that no shardic investiture will give him your magic skills because they are something one has to be born with. Arguing with him drives you closer to insanity every day. Your bane is that you never find the nerve to leave him, so you know where this will end.

I wish I could eat as much and what I like without growing sideways.

7 hours ago, Erklitt said:

Granted. As the best Ravenclaw student of the year, you've taken your NEWTs in Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Astronomy and Divination, achieving only Outstanding and Exceeds Expectations grades.
Then through some freak accident you end up in the cosmere. You realize your astronomical knowledge, being based on the Milky way, is mostly worthless here. As a side effect your Divination skills also have become rather blotchy, being based on the sun's planetary system.
Then you meet Hoid. As you know he collects magic like other people collect stamps. You're still trying to convince him that no shardic investiture will give him your magic skills because they are something one has to be born with. Arguing with him drives you closer to insanity every day. Your bane is that you never find the nerve to leave him, so you know where this will end.

I wish I could eat as much and what I like without growing sideways.

Granted. But 30 mins after you eat you go into a food coma for several hours.

I wish I could fly.

Granted. You are now a Windrunner-Coinshot. You don't have your powers through Hemalurgy either. You can access both powers easily, and you don't need to use Stormlight or metals to power it. Because of this lack of the usual Investiture, you now use greenhouse gases to fuel your power. Every time you use your power you clean the atmosphere a little bit. For your bane, you have weird amnesia, where each day you restart without knowing anything but your name and what your powers are.

I wish I could have the motivation to finish writing.

3 hours ago, Shadeshadow227 said:

Granted, but you only have 24 hours left to live.

I wish for the ability to create anything.

Granted. Sure. Why not.

Unfortunately you are now seen as a god, like Adonalsium was. You're being chased by the earth equivalent of the seventeenth shard, and any time you use your power they can sense it and teleport to your exact location. Also, every time you use your power, you give the equal amount of power to the people chasing you. After all, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Luckily if you never use your powers you appear as an ordinary person, and the ones chasing you will never be able to find you.

I wish to travel the cosmere as a worldhopper.

33 minutes ago, I_am_NOT_fire said:

Granted. Sure. Why not.

Unfortunately you are now seen as a god, like Adonalsium was. You're being chased by the earth equivalent of the seventeenth shard, and any time you use your power they can sense it and teleport to your exact location. Also, every time you use your power, you give the equal amount of power to the people chasing you. After all, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Luckily if you never use your powers you appear as an ordinary person, and the ones chasing you will never be able to find you.

I wish to travel the cosmere as a worldhopper.

Granted. However, every time you worldhop you forget everything except for how to worldhop. And basic skills like breathing and walking...but everything else in your mind is GONE.

I wish for all Allomantic powers.

Edited by Shadeshadow227