1 hour ago, Wonko the Sane said:

As an alternative exe, I will propose Quintessential. A number of you are aware of a certain test I’ve been using to softly confirm alignment; Quinn is among the players who did not pass it. She did not directly fail it, either, though, so this is a very soft vote — I’m willing to direct it elsewhere if another viable alternative to TKN presents itself.

What test? All you’ve done is ask me the name of my role and tell me the name of yours. I have a hard time seeing how that’s AI.

also sorry I haven’t been posting much, I’ve been sleeping really badly for the past several days and am absolutely exhausted.

I also don’t really have reads on anybody or know who to vote for which is a problem because my role has to do with voting and is probably kind of important…I just also don’t want to make things worse for us either.

Vote Count:
Wonko (0): Matrim's Dice
TKN (2): Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice
Stick (2): DrakeMarshall, Experience
Amanuensis (1): Stick
Quintessential (1): Wonko

My last post mixed up Wonko and TKN, which is not helpful. I need to logic this out.

• First question: What does being Cursed by Time do?
    • It does not affect the target of action. My reasoning? I was not cursed by time, but my action from cycle 1 was blocked on cycle 2.
    • It affects the taker of the action. My reasoning is the same as before. Ashbringer's block on me time traveled from cycle 2 to cycle 1.
    • Therefore, being Cursed by Time puts your action one cycle backwards in time.
  • Second question: How is there a Jabberwock kill on Cycle 3?
    • The obvious answer is that the Jabberwock was Cursed by Time.
    • However, this presents an obvious contradiction. The Jabberwock also killed someone on Cycle 4.
  • Third question: If the Jabberwock was Cursed by Time, how did it manage to kill someone Cycle 4?
    • I've floated the possibility that being Cursed by Time only affects you 50% of the time. Ashbringer just got unlucky both times.
    • Another possibility is that the Jabberwock has the ability to Time Travel. Honestly, not the craziest idea at this point.
  • Fourth question: If the Jabberwock was Cursed by Time, who are the suspects?
    • Obviously, it would be anyone who was Cursed by Time on Cycle 4.
  • Fifth question: How long does being Cursed by Time last for?
    • Given Ash's curses of Fifth, it appears to be a permanent condition.
    • My guess is the retroactive kill on Cycle 2 on Scars, which was only reported on Cycle 4, was Ash's Cycle 3 action.
  • Sixth question: Who has reported being Cursed By Time?
    • The list is small: Wonko, Ashbringer, Stick, and TKN

I'm going to continue this in a little bit.

Edited by Sart
grammar

every time i come to the thread i see a new person telling me i am cursed by time

guys, i am not and never was cursed by time LMAO :p. i keep saying this

also i wasnt aware im dying, im village

my kill pool for today hasnt changed

<tkn, drake, aman>

i will self pres 

Edited by _Stick_

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

every time i come to the thread i see a new person telling me i am cursed by time

guys, i am not and never was cursed by time LMAO :p. i keep saying this

also i wasnt aware im dying, im village

my kill pool for today hasnt changed

<tkn, drake, aman>

i will self pres 

Really? Then what this? Stick.

On 9/2/2023 at 11:44 AM, _Stick_ said:

I’ll be honest idrc about the queen LMAO. Do you think he’s the queen, TJ? Does your wincon need the queen alive?

and it is not sus!! :p. Ask wonko, it was a pleasant tea party. 

Edit:

I can confirm that getting cursed by time has nothing to do with tea 

Just now, Sart said:

Really? Then what this? Stick.

i ?? attended the tea party c1 and didnt get cursed by time so i was re-assuring wonko that him being cursed by time didnt have anything to do with attending the tea party because he asked if that was the case :P 

im probably going to sleep, dont kill me!!! :>

i may or may not pop in during eod

i almost voted experience here bc idk why they arent in my kill pool lol but looking back at last EoD, they really took a risk voting me over Labyrinth given it was 3-2 between them and experience. TJ (edit: not tj, labyrinth >> in my defence i have covid lmao leave me alone i cant think straight) couldve had vote manip for all they knew, so it's a pretty close margin and I think elim!exp would want to play it safe and self pres. That said, the post that they cast the vote also asked for a VC so they werent actually aware of how close the votes were. is that villagery? could be?

Edited by _Stick_

30 minutes ago, Experience said:

I'm not changing my vote, stick is jumping around too much for my liking, like he's not sure what he should think or something. 

1. i have stuck to my kill pool

2. your point illustrates i am uninformed (aka village), elims would have a gameplan and know what to do

3. elims usually have incredibly static worldviews

4. i think youre tunneling 

edit:

@Experience help me understand you. I've reread cycle 4 and cycle 5, you have consistently sussed players (mat, wonko, sart, myself) but have provided zero village reads, and little-to-no followup on most of those suspicions. Is there no one you trust in the game right now? You have also consistently ignored all my questions. I struggle to justify some of these actions from an elim perspective because my understanding is that elims try to appear agreeable, so I'm mostly just confused right now. You thought elims had jumped on your wagon yesterday. Your wagon was sart+wonko. You have not addressed this after the fact. You thought mat's initial approach to you was slimy. You have provided no follow up to this read. It's +ev for the village to work together, and I'd like to help you find me as village and also understand your thought process better here. Transparency helps.

also unrelated but sart's vote on me is for poopoo reasons so if that actually sticks through EoD, yall might wanna take a look at sart tomorrow :p. 

Edited by _Stick_

Quintessential passed her test, though those who know the test know that means less today than it did yesterday. Regardless, she was never a very hard target; I'm just trying to save TKN until I'm sure what's going on with him.

Hmmm... WitIsTheBest. I know absolutely nothing solid about him, but he's been checking the thread fairly regularly -- but saying absolutely nothing. @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ , chance to defend yourself?

26 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

1. i have stuck to my kill pool

2. your point illustrates i am uninformed (aka village), elims would have a gameplan and know what to do

3. elims usually have incredibly static worldviews

4. i think youre tunneling 

edit:

@Experience help me understand you. I've reread cycle 4 and cycle 5, you have consistently sussed players (mat, wonko, sart, myself) but have provided zero village reads, and little-to-no followup on most of those suspicions. Is there no one you trust in the game right now? You have also consistently ignored all my questions. I struggle to justify some of these actions from an elim perspective because my understanding is that elims try to appear agreeable, so I'm mostly just confused right now. You thought elims had jumped on your wagon yesterday. Your wagon was sart+wonko. You have not addressed this after the fact. You thought mat's initial approach to you was slimy. You have provided no follow up to this read. It's +ev for the village to work together, and I'd like to help you find me as village and also understand your thought process better here. Transparency helps.

also unrelated but sart's vote on me is for poopoo reasons so if that actually sticks through EoD, yall might wanna take a look at sart tomorrow :p. 

sorry not your wagon** you sussed people on the mat wagon

I didn't have actual suspicion on the train, I just quickly stated that it was probable that someone who jumped on wasn't village. That was before I saw that the train was only two people.

Idk, maybe I am tunneling. Sorry?

I think mats village

I think wonko prob is but getting weird gut feeling off him

Gut feeling on stick.

And the rest idk. 

Sorry I'm just...really tired. Ig maybe I just shouldn't vote? Idk. Stick

For now.

2 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Hey, guys? I'd really prefer we didn't kill Stick. She's fairly high on my trust list, for a number of reasons. Anyone else we can rally around?

Would be interested in those reasons tbh

There are far too many Null spots in the game for me to have a super comfortable read on anyone.

Wonko’s gambit makes sense, but it’s obvious that there are exceptions and exemptions. It’s also… a little sketchy. And I think Wonko, technically, doesn’t pass it himself.

Too many coincidences. Is it a coincidence that TJ was the Jabberwock kill that happened in “real” time while Wonko died in the past? Is it a coincidence both the Bandersnatches and the Jabberwock went after the player who held the Vorpal Sword? Is it a coincidence that Wonko was cursed? 

I like a TKN exe. Not sure how much I’ll like a Stick one but I see the logic.

6 minutes ago, Experience said:

I didn't have actual suspicion on the train, I just quickly stated that it was probable that someone who jumped on wasn't village. That was before I saw that the train was only two people.

Idk, maybe I am tunneling. Sorry?

I think mats village

I think wonko prob is but getting weird gut feeling off him

Gut feeling on stick.

And the rest idk. 

Sorry I'm just...really tired. Ig maybe I just shouldn't vote? Idk. Stick

For now.

Thanks experience, that response helps and  I’m more convinced that you’re village here. The gist of wonko’s test is that I basically role claimed to him in a manner that he believes to come from a villager more often than not. 

Wit hasn’t posted in the last two turns right?  They’re due to get replaced or killed off to the filter I think. 

apart from that I don’t believe Xino has done anything that warrants a village read so people with killing powers maybe resolve that overnight thnx 

quin’s stuff from yesterday seemed villagery, though today’s been admittedly underwhelming. Leaning village overall

still leaning village on wonko and to a much lesser extent mat 

Curious about what new info you’ve got on TKN, wonko - does it just mean TKN isn’t the jabberwock? He could still be an elim yes?