Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

8,105 posts in this topic

When you're walking down the hall and stretch out your hand, only to realize that a shardblade isn't going to appear.

When you're trying to work out if a piece of yarn is number 4 colour (chalk) or number 18 (ice cube) and immeadiately think this would be a lot easier if you had a whole load of Breath.
Seriously, they are so similar its not funny.

When you put off having dinner so you can stalk your rep count and get a screenshot of this before it changes:

17th Shard 1337 Upvotes.png

Edgedancer spoilers

When you've read something funny that Lift does in Edgedancer and you laugh and say "never change, Lift".

Then you get really sad...

Edited by Pinnacle-Ferring
Spelling

My mom is reading AU. She has read Emperor's Soul earlier but now reads it again and she commented that now she notices more things: she asked me about Shai's Uncle and Aunt (since they're not real, she thought that Shai has Stamped herself and was confused since Soulstamps don't work longer than 26 hours).

I explained and then said:

"You have missed one more thing, in the beginning. Remember the Imperial -"
"No, I didn't miss anything."

Makes me proud with Hoidspotting :)

Edited by Oversleep

My friend is reading Way of Kings, he didn't know what cosmere was when i asked, so i advised him NOT to google it, until he finishes WoR.

He have read Warbreaker already.

Dis gonna be gud! :D

Unfortunately I can't get anyone apart from this friend to read Sanderson :(

Back to the topic, you know that you are a Sanderfan, when you quote Way of Kings to someone who feels uncertain and fearful about his/her exams.

5 hours ago, swieczq said:

Back to the topic, you know that you are a Sanderfan, when you quote Way of Kings to someone who feels uncertain and fearful about his/her exams.

What quote did you use? I can think of several that might work :D 

4 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

What quote did you use? I can think of several that might work :D 

Well, in our conversation "Journey before Destination" was fitting perfectly, so i just couldn't omit it.

What would be Yours? (You know that you are a Sanderfan when you want to memorise some of his quotes to use them in everyday life :D)

When you channel your "inner Lift" as you skid across your hardwood flooring (on the way to the kitchen) in your socks.

When you start thinking about the blood disorder hemophilia but your brain insists on calling it hemalurgy.

On 17 January 2017 at 7:05 AM, Flynn said:

When you're reading SoS and lol at mention of Lady Zobell

Who's Zobell? Khriss?

On 18 January 2017 at 7:07 AM, A Budgie said:

When you see a book by Jane Yolen in your local library and can't stop laughing about it, because all you can think about is the planet.

Its funny because she has books about dragons

On 27 January 2017 at 2:10 AM, Oversleep said:

When you're reading something (like Powder Mages Trilogy - I recommend) and looking for behind the scenes stuff. Then you go online and realize that there's nothing...

Cosmere broke me so hard :<

I'm totally ruined for mediocre books because I expect inconsistencies to be deep and meaningful but they're not.

8 hours ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

Who's Zobell? Khriss?

Kaylynn ZoBell is a member of Brandon's writing group

When you reach the end of the first Lightbringer book and your only thought is

Spoiler

Hemalurgic spike!!!

When instead of jumping around using your powers, if you ever get allomancy, you want to burn a part and then force it back up and see what burning does to metals.

On 9.2.2017 at 1:17 AM, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

When you reach the end of the first Lightbringer book and your only thought is

Reveal hidden contents

Hemalurgic spike!!!

Mine was

Spoiler

Orholam has some kind of a shardpool!

When You see this:

Spoiler

ketek.jpg

(first do is a little cut-off)

And your first thought is "hmm, that's a nice ketek!"

1 hour ago, swieczq said:

When You see this:

Hide contents

ketek.jpg

(first do is a little cut-off)

And your first thought is "hmm, that's a nice ketek!"

You also are a Sanderfan when you know this is not quite a Ketek lacking five separate distinctive parts.

When you're reading a middle-grade novel and realize a couple things... in the prequel (that was written as #5 of the series, I was reading #2), they describe the older sister as expected to have talent for magic while the younger sister, who is the story's focus, actually has the talent. In #2, it says that the second sister was older and they always knew who had the talent and who didn't.

...? My first thought was "Brandon would never make that mistake, unless it wasn't a mistake. *short intake of breath* "

Then I started to brainstorm ways that memories could have been changed between the prequel and the current book.

You know your a sanderfan when you're doing a read of The Magician's Nephew (chronicles of Narnia) and you read about the forest... well um *spoilers* ... and your only thought is SHARDPOOLS!

Literally.... *spoilers*

Spoiler

In the living forest they use those pools to travel inbetween worlds... so they are at least perpendicularities or something...

When you read The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia) and you read about... well... *spoilers* ... and you think wait WHAT! SHARDPOOLS?

Well.. *spoilers*

Spoiler

referring to the pools in the living forest. If you've read the book you'll know what I'm talking about. They use them to travel inbetween worlds, and they never got a good explanation on what precisely these were...

Edited by Secrets

When you watch the legend of Korra for the first time and you have to keep telling yourself it's not Mistborn Era 2

Edited by The Technovore

When you have a nice conversation with your mother (who is a sewer and has read Mistborn) about making a Mistcloak.
On the subject of Mistcloaks, what should I be using fabric-wise?

I swallowed a great quantity of Metal Flakes recently. I knew it was a bad idea but i had to be sure.

Edited by AerionBFII