1 hour ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Holy crem, Araris.

I know you like to bus, but I can't believe you coinshot your last partner for her Blades.

You must really want to be the next Shaman, huh?

Well, yeah. Last time this game was run I only killed 2 of my teammates, so I figured I might as well ramp it up a notch.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, well, I need to fool you one last time. It would be rather nice if holding 4 honorblades was useful. Then again, you also have that many, so maybe not.

All cards on the table, I plan on Roleblocking you tonight and Illuminating myself tomorrow. A kill draw isn't fun IMO and it seems fitting that this game ends with a tie, considering how it began :P

That said, I really wanted you to survive the game :ph34r: I should have killed you N7 but felt that would be unfun and preferred a closer game / more dramatic finish. Then you went and did the most optimal kill, Tani, and now we're here. Perhaps if you were to surrender Shinovar to the Tukari, I could spare you to fight another day. I don't even mind you keeping half of the Honorblades. Kalak, Shallash, Vedel, and Jezrien are more than enough for our next invasion.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

All cards on the table, I plan on Roleblocking you tonight and Illuminating myself tomorrow. A kill draw isn't fun IMO and it seems fitting that this game ends with a tie, considering how it began :P

Well, there goes all chances of me fooling you :P. I do agree that a kill draw is pretty lame, though you'll pardon me for not believing a villager has my best interests in mind. I plan on doing something secret and devious tonight and then throwing myself upon the Gods of Luck and Chance on the morrow, which, now that you mention it, is very appropriate. I suppose if I'm to become Alvron the Shaman's successor, this is the only way it could truly have happened.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

That said, I really wanted you to survive the game :ph34r: I should have killed you N7 but felt that would be unfun and preferred a closer game / more dramatic finish. Then you went and did the most optimal kill, Tani, and now we're here.

My kill was on you for about 5 minutes that night. Just so you know :D.

And though the game isn't over, I have to say you haven't really lost your touch. You were pinging my e!Aman radar from basically when you joined, in a decent part because of significant prior suspicion of Xino, but you kept me fairly placated up until the end, when I didn't really want to bother with e!you. And nobody but Shining really picked up anything against you, and he likely only did because his life was on the line. I'm definitely miffed that we didn't get to team up, but I guess that would have made things too easy :P.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

My kill was on you for about 5 minutes that night. Just so you know :D.

So close :o I think if you committed we'd have lost, since I misplayed by removing the partner I'd been setting up for myself (Turtle/Cinnamon) because vote manip on D8 would be our ticket to victory in a 2-2 world. I'm assuming you'd have gone Tani over Insanity after I flipped red :P

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

And though the game isn't over, I have to say you haven't really lost your touch. You were pinging my e!Aman radar from basically when you joined, in a decent part because of significant prior suspicion of Xino, but you kept me fairly placated up until the end, when I didn't really want to bother with e!you. And nobody but Shining really picked up anything against you, and he likely only did because his life was on the line. I'm definitely miffed that we didn't get to team up, but I guess that would have made things too easy :P.

I towed the line a lot this game. As you said in one post, my presence hadn't really been impactful (by design), other than my Insanity push. Which btw, on D6, I asked Tani to tie Elk with Insanity so I could use vote manip to save my top suspect for next yeet, but then Archer switched and we all consolidated so I didn't need to play that hand too early. Had I not done that, you might have even got me voted out D7 :P I was rooting for you then

ED1T:

As for a team-up, hopefully soon :ph34r:

ED2T:

In the interest of expediency, I believe Transporting tonight and Illuminating tomorrow will ensure the votes are 1-1 on D9. @Araris Valerian would you be interested in voting me tonight and encouraging @Ashbringer to count this as a hybrid turn? That way we don’t need to wait another two and a half days for the result.

In the meantime, we could do some sick RP dueling with our respective Honorblades.

Edited by Ookla the Remembered

6 hours ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

In the interest of expediency, I believe Transporting tonight and Illuminating tomorrow will ensure the votes are 1-1 on D9. @Araris Valerian would you be interested in voting me tonight and encouraging @Ashbringer to count this as a hybrid turn? That way we don’t need to wait another two and a half days for the result.

In the meantime, we could do some sick RP dueling with our respective Honorblades.

I could probably allow this, if @Devotary of Spontaneity says it’s alright. I’d need a vote, night action, and day action (or confirmation you’re not using a night/day action) from both of you though. And I’d still probably do rollover at the usual time just for sake of scheduling.

7 hours ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

So close :o I think if you committed we'd have lost, since I misplayed by removing the partner I'd been setting up for myself (Turtle/Cinnamon) because vote manip on D8 would be our ticket to victory in a 2-2 world. I'm assuming you'd have gone Tani over Insanity after I flipped red :P

I towed the line a lot this game. As you said in one post, my presence hadn't really been impactful (by design), other than my Insanity push. Which btw, on D6, I asked Tani to tie Elk with Insanity so I could use vote manip to save my top suspect for next yeet, but then Archer switched and we all consolidated so I didn't need to play that hand too early. Had I not done that, you might have even got me voted out D7 :P I was rooting for you then

ED1T:

As for a team-up, hopefully soon :ph34r:

ED2T:

I’m happy to consolidate things, but I am traveling, so sick RP dueling isn’t going to happen, unfortunately. Aman

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I could probably allow this, if @Devotary of Spontaneity says it’s alright. I’d need a vote, night action, and day action (or confirmation you’re not using a night/day action) from both of you though. And I’d still probably do rollover at the usual time just for sake of scheduling.

If both players agree to a shortened cycle and submit their votes and actions, the night and day turns can conclude at the usual rollover time in 8 1/2 hours.

I’m deplaning right now, so here goes some RP:

Hadrian-son-Penrod faced down his final opponent as the sun began to crest the horizon. He bore the weapons of Chanarach and Battar in each hand, and as he stepped forward a glowing form in the shape of a bear burst from his body, carrying the swords of Vedel and Paliah. With a cry, the two rushed forward in their last stand against the Tukari invaders.

LG91 Day 9 / Aftermath: Revenge of the Chance-Slip

The set of figures were a flurry of action on the dirt-paved streets of Earthen Truth. Hadrian-son-Penrod feinted and swung with his chosen Honorblades, those of Chanarach and Battar, while the Blades of Ishar and Paliah stayed with his bear-spirit. Jet-son-Blanc, if that was his true name, parried and retaliated with the Honorblade of Kalak in one hand, while the other skepped between Vedel’s, Shalash’s, Jezrien’s. A storm of Division shot out at Jet only to land in the place he’d been a moment before, only for him to Transport to the left; a sliding Abrasioned blow landed on Hadrian’s leg only for Progression to heal it away instantly. Cohesion and Tension made the dirt beneath them swirl.

A break in the clash. Both figures were panting, Hadrian’s spirit flickering, Jet’s second blade dragging. They were both running out of Stormlight, and the next Highstorm wasn’t due for a few days. Even the wonders of Ishar’s Honorblade couldn’t change that fact, not to Hadrian’s benefit. Such power in these Blades. Such capability for destruction. And yet without Honor’s Light they were no better than their mere copies, no different from each other.

The storm of Surges lessened, to Honorblades clashing onto each other with little progress either way. Jet had more practice with Shardblade combat, but against the unprepared. Hadrian-son-Penrod was no amateur. It would be a long night.

“I’ve never had Shin wine,” Jet-son-Blanc exhaled between breaths, settling into a readied stance.

Hadrian-son-Penrod gave a pause. “What do you mean?”

“It’s been a long week. We’re both tired. If we got any surprises for each other, I don’t think we’re in much shape to do anything about it,” Jet said.

“Well, what do we do?” Hadrian replied, Blades dropping slightly.

“Why don’t we just wait here for a little while,” Jet said, looking at the deserted city. “See what happens.”

Hadrian thought. “One last night here… that could be nice.”

The strange pair walked side by side down the alleys of Earthen Truth, never letting the other lag behind to their back. It had been like that most of the night – no real rest, but even the act of not acting felt like relief. Eventually one of them had spotted an abandoned winery. One that used real grapes, from the Abandoned Sky.

“It’s sweeter than I expected,” was Jet’s reaction. "But it tastes good."

"It does. I'd miss it," Hadrian-son-Penrod replied. He paused, then took a small sip from his own cup and set it down.

The sun was beginning to rise.

"It's that time already," Jet said. "Shall we?"

Hadrian gave a simple nod. The two stood up, and color flooded the barren street in the barren city of Earthen Truth. The last of their Stormlight, gone.

Then they charged each other, hands outstretched.

Jet got Kalak's Honorblade summoned first, swinging for Hadrian's neck. Hadrian barely got out of the way. Jet's eyes flashed, and swung again, this time across the torso.

Then both of Hadrian's Honorblades, Chanarach and Battar, appeared in his hands at once. Battar blocked Kalak, turning a killing blow into one that only cut through his arm, leaving the blocking hand lifeless. But Chanarach slashed Jet's second hand just as Vedel appeared in its grasp.

Then Battar and Vedel fell between the pair of them, dropped Honorblades. Hadrian felt one pass through his foot. But the other went through Jet's side.

"Oh," was all Jet managed to say before his eyes burned out.

Hadrian-son-Penrod collapsed, partially from the exhaustion and partially from the severed souls of nerves. But he'd done it. Luck or chance or otherwise, he'd done it. The Honorblades were safe from the Tukari. He could heal his wounds when the Highstorm came.

Until then... Hadrian looked at the four Honorblades Jet had been holding. Those were his to guard now.

The sole survivor of Earthen Truth looked at the empty city.

He could make do.

No one was attacked during the Night!

Amanuensis / Ookla the Remembered was executed by the Gods of Luck and Chance! They were a Tukari Invader and the Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade, the Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade, the Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade, and the Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade!

Amanuensis's Honorblades have been distributed to the sole remaining player, Araris Valerian!

Vote Count:

• Amanuensis / Ookla the Remembered (1): Araris Valerian
  • Araris Valerian (1): Amanuensis / Ookla the Remembered

The Shin High Council has won the game! Thanks everyone for playing! I do have some GM thoughts, but I can save those for after finals.

Dead Doc

Elim Doc

Master Spreadsheet

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Ookla the catastrophizer / Cinnamon - Ookla the POKE VOTE / Turtle Evelt-son-Urtal - Shin High Council, Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  2. @Araris Valerian - Hadrian-son-Penrod - Shin High Council, Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade, Bearer of Chanarach's Honorblade, Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade, Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade, Bearer of Battar's Honorblade, Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade, Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade
  3. Ookla the Unknown / The Unknown Novel - Dali-son-Nar Shin High Council
  4. The Wandering Wizard - Tweedle-son-son-Dumb - Shin High Council
  5. Ookla the Tall / Matrim's Dice - Dazi-son-ron - Shin High Council
  6. JNV - Jen-child-Verin Shin High Council, Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade
  7. Ookla the Perpetual / The Bookwyrm Rizam-son-Azram Shin High Council
  8. Ookla the Debonair / Shining Silhouette - Cheshire-son-Cat - Shin High Council
  9. Ookla the Remembered / Amanuensis - Ookla the Forgotten / xinoehp512 - Jet-son-Blanc Tukari Invader, Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade, Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade, Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade, Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  10. Kasimir - Kvaseth-son-Wysan - Shin High Council
  11. InfiniteInsanity Shin High Council, Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade
  12. Chantara - Tukari Invader, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  13. _Stick_ - Tukari Invader, Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  14. Cash67 - Egg-son-Chicken Shin High Council, Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  15. Illwei Shin High Council, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  16. Ookla the Paragrapher / Archer - Tweedle-son-Dee Shin High Council, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  17. Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi Stone Shaman, Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  18. Ookla the Implosion / Tani - Daalna Tukari Invader, Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade, Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  19. Elkanah - Sun-son-son-Tsu Shin High Council
  20. Ookla the Omnicient / Szeth_Pancakes - Shin High Council

50 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Amanuensis / Ookla the Remembered was executed by the Gods of Luck and Chance! They were a Tukari Invader and the Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade, the Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade, the Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade, and the Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade!

Never go up against @Alvron's team when RNGesus is on the line? :P

Brb re-reading with thematic music.

Edited to add:

Me this game when Alv, Araris, and JNV all claimed by N2:

Spoiler

kvaseth.png

(No actually mass GM PM paranoia/breakdown resulted because it is clearly a lie, no way V!Chana connected me to V!Chana, V!JNV, and the Shaman at once...by N1...)

Clutch shooting on multiple levels, Araris.

I am filling in in my head an epic duel between Araris and Aman just because I can.

Edited by Kasimir

As promised heres a quokka honorblade picture

Spoiler

HonorbladeQuokka.thumb.png.f8d531a4cecd6b430178188cdb070b94.png

If this quokka had been fighting Amanuensis and Araris it would have won paws down

@Kasimir youre the best thanks for the support and advice and all that 

@Araris Valerian thanks for the PM it was an emotional boon and just nice overall also thanks for being a great vigilante and winning an epic duel against Amanuensis I guess with the odds on your side you can never lose

@Ookla the Remembered it was good to see you again even if we didnt really get to interact too much you did great gold star

@Ashbringer thanks for a really fun game it was great it was nice a bunch of other adjectives

(oh and by the way elim doc they/them please thanks)

1 hour ago, JNV said:

(oh and by the way elim doc they/them please thanks)

(sorry!)

This was fun.

Also, I think I'm bad at playing elim.

That one time when Kas said I probably thought being elim was fun and being vil was more boring I kinda wanted to say "Umm, actually? I just last Saturday played about three games of Avalon in a row where I was evil. Elim is not more fun than village. It's a little easier, but not more fun."

But then I think I woulda died, so I didn't say that.

Also, if any of you had flat-out asked if I were elim, I would have said yes. Just sayin'. (Yes, I know it's considered rude to throw games. I'm not changing my principles for a game.)

Also also, Araris, I don't know why the Shard said I was on during N7. My guess is that it said that because I leave the tabs up on my computer, but don't do anything with them. I did not submit any orders for anything during N7.

Edited by Ookla the Implosion

Well, I'll take it :P I forget what my reads were when I died but I can remember thinking that I probably would die.

Who ended with Battar’s blade, Araris probably? I’d just like to point out that as this is technically a prequel to the first run of this game, I still can claim ownership of Battar’s Honorblade :ph34r: 

The dead doc was fun to discuss things both related and unrelated to the game, as usual. Good game, everyone!

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

GG everyone! Sorry that I couldn't pull through for us, Stick, Chantara, and Tani. I hope it was at least fun to watch.

Oh definitely - the dead doc was entertained. Or at least I was. 

And it’s unreasonable to expect you to carry us to victory after having been subbed in Day 5 :P It’s really cool that we got that close, so good job.

@Ookla the Tall araris got all eight blades. And also you owe me some RP if I’m not wrong. :ph34r:

Edited by _Stick_
Eight got autocorrected to right

1 hour ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Who ended with Battar’s blade, Araris probably? I’d just like to point out that as this is technically a prequel to the first run of this game, I still can claim ownership of Battar’s Honorblade :ph34r: 

I’m literally the last man standing, so I have all the blades. But I had Battar for a while, and was trying to RB kills once the elims got Kalak and could stop me from using Chana.

Thank you for GMing, @Ashbringer! I had tons of fun and this run of the game will be just as memorable to me as the last one, if not more.