1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I did tell him before this game started about his tendency towards abrasiveness when he is an elim. My best guess for an elim team right now would be Striker/Elandera/Mat/+2 - with the +2 possibly including Archer.

I don’t think I’ve been very abrasive this game :P. I’m really just more like that as I get sussed more and more so if that’s why this post sounds like that then that’s why, but ‘abrasive’ just means ‘defensive’ which I’ve been as long as I’ve been playing.

1 minute ago, Tani said:

Hey! That's cheating! You said you'd give me a cola if I voted on you, not if you were elected!

I never promised that. I said I need your vote, and promised a cola. I now am clarifying said cola will be received when I am voted into office as a representative. Stop trying to game the system dangit. 

Plus, you immediately changed your vote. 

Just now, Steeldancer said:

Plus, you immediately changed your vote. 

Objection! I did not immediately change my vote! I said you owe me a soda between voting for you and not voting for you.

You're the one gaming the system! You implied that those who voted for you would get sodas, and now you're changing the requirements!

(:))

I evidently am lacking in brainpower for this. I guess I’m still trying to wrap my head around the Avalon style. (Also forgot to follow the thread…)

Hmm. Maybe I’ll just try and stick around and RP and bug people. Idk.

I’ll be mobile only for the next week, so while I’ll still be around expect fewer posts and especially fewer massive ones.

♪♫♪
Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me
♪♫♪

Go to sleep Kas:P 

I'm quite enjoying watching players trying to get voted on.  It's a nice change going from "I'm village don't kill me" to "Hey!  I need you to vote on me"  Personally, I'm happy to not be voted on. IBoqg2TrvdKpoPrOGEvv4Th3xhUcpe6fLtKJ9ZEgoLUrHrwsHEekHhnkjiScg-RhXAwFfXPJsJaKSIcga85mnJ1PgIE3c8lzkK8aIpFwS_0CDFgHIjrgaoh6FS6wy936SOVsK3N5  

Right, I figured it out. Striker, Mat, Elandera, AND Tani are all elims. *dunks* This game is so easy it's like I know the whole elim team. *runs victory lap* wooooo
Alright, I still feel bad about Ealndera, but not so bad that I'm going to make a concerted effort to block their election. If they're evil, we'll know tomorrow and have three people we know not to trust. That's worth the cost. Then if they're village, yay, we're still winning. 
How does one play this game, it beguiles me with its simplicity. 

23 minutes ago, Archer said:
Right, I figured it out. Striker, Mat, Elandera, AND Tani are all elims. *dunks* This game is so easy it's like I know the whole elim team. *runs victory lap* wooooo

You wrong.

And if you were right then youda just doomed your side to loss. Maybe.

Edited by Tani

7 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don’t think I’ve been very abrasive this game :P. I’m really just more like that as I get sussed more and more so if that’s why this post sounds like that then that’s why, but ‘abrasive’ just means ‘defensive’ which I’ve been as long as I’ve been playing.

This… is not what I was saying. I was talking about the fact that you didn’t seem abrasive, but that that should be disregarded in favor of more concrete evidence - mainly the fact that you, Striker, and Elandera were buddying up in the voting. Like… the opposite of distancing.

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

I am doing an awful job of keeping up with this. I've been reading things as the notifications come in, but do I remember anything I read? Not really. :P

Tomorrow should be a less eventful day for me, so I'm gonna try and catch up then.

Right now I'm kinda sus of Tani? But maybe that's just because Tani's posted a lot. 

Archer's set of four seems to be a joke? But if not, then it's just all the really active people. 

I don't drink soda or I'd vote for Steel. :/

Anyone have a current VC? Or a TL;DR?

I'll get a VC.

EDIT: Pancakes. Edit 2: Archer wanted to try something by having us elect SzethP so I decided meh I kinda trust SzethP and Archer so mayaswell. And I don't really have my own reads on anyone right now.

VC:

Spoiler

IC:

Elandera (1): Matrim

Matrim (2): Elandera, Striker

Szeth (3): Archer, Tani - WL

WL:

Fifth (1): Archer

Striker (1): Matrim

Tani (1): Elandera

Elandera (1): Striker

I'd rather not be voted in as WL again next round. This round is stressful enough. I feel like y'alls are depending on me to vote because I'm WL.

Edited by Tani

I'm going to vote for Biplet for worker leader. She stands out as the only person that voted for Tani but not for TJ. Seems to me like elims would want to avoid sticking out, althought I'm still not sure how elims would try and play this game. My experience with Resistance hasn't helped me figure things out at all.

I'll vote Elandera for the election. She voted for TJ, and despite the elims easily being able to bus this game, I think the votes on TJ are the best place for us to look. Also, other people seem to support Mat, who supports Elandera, so that makes me feel a bit better about this vote.

I should be around again before rollover to change my votes if necessary by then. Current vote counts are pretty low, so it would be nice if some other people throw out their opinions before cycle end.

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Ummmm Mat.

What's everyone's reads on Steel?

I think he's acting kinda like a selfish Villager.

I think he's an excellent candidate for election. 

In all honesty though, I'm mainly just amusing myself at the moment. If I do get elected I won't be able to amuse myself as much. 

Now is as good as of a time as any to announce that I'll be expanding my election team! Pay will be minimum (but come on you're already getting paid minimum, thisll be on top of that), but with promises of bonuses upon election.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:26 PM, Archer said:

Yay, we're winning. A reminder to the elims, so long as we keep picking Workers without needing the Tineye to nudge us in the right direction, it'll be nigh impossible to guess who they are at the end. Y'all better add some pressure. :P. 

That said, I can imagine the elims would be willing to drop a round in order to get a few of them village-read, so I'm not going to trust anyone solely because they voted for TJ.

Interesting the same people decided both elections, minus Biplet on the TJ vote. I'm a little surprised how much support Tani got, so that's noted. Might be elims trying to butter her up, might be she is their preferred representative. We vote again every round for WL, right? Just to switch it up, I'll throw support behind Fifth this time. 

I might be inclined towards info 'kills' layer in the game, but for now I think I'll focus on the people without as much to read. Hey, Lotus, how do you feel about being elected? lotus

A wise Terris once told me of an advanced community that lives beyond that mountains that has adopted an egalitarian lifestyle. They are led by true democracy, not a ruling class, and work to meet each other's needs, not fill the demands of a profit motive. They have developed such wonderful technology as a result. Airships. Magic storing medallions. Something called a 'hot dog'. Imagine the potential if we used the tools developed under our current economic structure for the good of society, not just a wealthy few. Imagine the power we could wield! - Chalkboard

Based on the first paragraph alone I will not be voting on Archer for the next few cycles >> I've not played with him much, but self-congratulatory remarks like that are one of the hallmark elim tells and it's made me immediately (more) suspicious of him. That said I won't complain if I have his vote for WL, even if the Lotus vote is a little odd :P 

On 6/27/2021 at 3:58 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

Hmm. After my reread of C1 there wasn't a whole lot of discussion about TJ except from the people who voted him. Everyone else ignored him completely, no one elim read him. That's sort of a dead end, but it makes me think there were elims nudging the exe another direction, without directly opposing the current one, but since I also don't think more than two would have done that for secrecy reasons it gets us basically nowhere. It depends on Fifth's flip honestly, if it was v/v or if it was v/e the elims would have done things very differently. So if we're doing an info kill I think that's the best, but info kills in general aren't the best :P.

I propose Elandera and Striker as our election targets today, both were on the TJ train and seem pretty village to me. Prioritizing Elan because of the difference of opinion Striker and I share, which hinders my read of him slightly but I'm trying to move past that :P.

I mean, I'm happy to be "info killed" so you guys know it was v/v and we're two cycles away from victory. :P That said, I probably wouldn't vote on myself at this point if I didn't know my alignment, so I hardly blame you for hesitating - I've been too quiet lately for really no good reason other than feeling like I have to RP and multiquote a lot, and haven't really contributed too much in the way of analysis (though this post is hopefully actively fixing that). Maybe I should go with the Kas strat of the chill RPful game and not worry about replying to the entire thread :P That said, you're one of my more tentative village reads, and I like your reasoning on Elan and Striker even if I might not join those votes myself quite yet. 

On 6/27/2021 at 9:48 PM, Archer said:

Not sure how to feel about Lotus not wanting to be elected. Isn't that yer job as a villager? 

Its a low confidence assessment, but I'm currently theorizing a Mat-Elandera-Tani team. Mat and Elandera just voted for each other, which is an obvious connection, and last round they were in sync too. If they are evil, I can see them prioritizing getting teammate Tani two votes over getting an elim elected. So it's on my radar. 

I still suspect Mat for the RNG idea post. 

Elandera was hesitant to cast an election vote, which seems like an elim holding it in reserve for a good opportunity to elect a teammate. In addition, this line "I'm a bit suspicious of Szeth for that severe and quick trust in Striker, who is usually suspected by everyone D1, so I'm less likely to vote for either of them," didn't hold water for me. 

To test my theory, I'd like to try electing Szeth, who Elandera suspects. 

Szeth Lotus

Really not liking Archer now for the Szeth vote, who I also don't trust. He has basically a flipped view of Elandera from me about the Szeth situation too, which ironically is making me more likely to vote on her despite my D1 misgivings >>

On 6/27/2021 at 11:24 PM, StrikerEZ said:

So, coolio, TJ got elected. And so did Tani. I'd be fine with either of Tani or Elandera as the next WL. It just depends on if we want to keep doing Tani for a bit, or if we want to diversify who gets the WL thing throughout the game. I think I'd prefer spreading it out a bit, just so it's not always the same person over and over again (both so it's not boring and so it doesn't feel like one person is hogging it for the whole game). In that case, I'll vote for Elandera, though I'm willing to be persuaded to Tani.

As for the election, I think I'll go for Mat. Despite our disagreements on stuff, he really did feel like he was coming from a villager-y headspace when he was going back and forth with me. And I appreciate that. Obviously I can't vote on myself, and Szeth has just felt really combative to me so far, which read more like an elim to me, personally.

Also here's the VCs because I like making vote counts :)

EDIT: Put the VCs in a quote box because it looks nice :P 

Hmm. Not sure whether Striker is a villager who's giving me terrible tone reads because I always tunnel on him or if he's an elim trying to use village!Mat or village!Elandera to gain cred, or if he's teammates with either of them. My gut is saying 2 with 1 as a serious option and 3 as "break glass in case of emergency" but either way, despite agreeing with a sizeable chunk of this post, I don't like it much >>

23 hours ago, Illwei said:

tbh lotus voting me reeks of a pocketing attempt tbh

Uh. That's a take. Do you have any thoughts or a vote beyond that? Your play this game is kind of confusing me :P 

11 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I feel like the more inactive I am, the more people are suspicious of me :P

I feel like Striker, Elandera, and Mat are only voting within themselves, with one notable exception. I’m still very suspicious of Striker based on his actions D1, and I just feel like my suspicions are getting stronger.

This post especially reads very strangely to me. The statement about not wanting to have one Worker Leader the entire game feels like it goes against the village wincon. Can you (Striker) tell me a reason why having multiple different WL’s during the game is actually helpful? And “Oh, I just don’t want to feel like one person is hogging it” doesn’t count. Plus, I don’t see the reasoning for voting Elandera. Is it just because they support your suspicions of me? The bottom paragraph is ok, but I could see a Mat/Striker e/e situation here.

I'm just paranoid in general, so don't take the suspicion personally :P (and now your post on Striker is making me like him more. Why can't the elim teams I compose in my head seamlessly work together and defend each other instead of introducing distancing and complications >>)

I'm actually in strong agreement with Striker about Tani, particularly since the way she's throwing around her double vote this cycle seems very...calculated in a way I don't like, and is mostly giving me anxiety :P 

11 hours ago, Tani said:

I think I currently read Szeth_Pancakes village. I can't point you to exactly what makes me think that because I don't remember all the bits or where they are.

@Kasimir does the WL get a doublevote on both IC and WL, or just IC?

Additionally, please don't expect me to have strong reads this early on.

Yeah I don't like this post. The hesitance (which I got onto Elan for earlier but is especially present here; there's no need to apologise for a lack of strong reads even if that's the case, and it seems like an attempt to head off an attack on her), plus the Szeth vote, who has been my only consistently strong elim read this game.

10 hours ago, Tani said:

Szeth_Pancakes, I've thought about it a bit and am not sure if I trust you enough to ICe you. The thing about having a constant WL is kinda a bit suspicious, especially since (in everyone else' perspective) I could be Elim or Villager and you don't know for sure which I am.

Another reason to not have the same WL is because if the WL is always the same, the Elims only have to get their pick to second place (which is easy if only two people are voted on) and extort the main WL, making it so the main WL can't accept the WLship. These two bits might have to take place on different cycles, I don't remember exactly.

How long til turnover?

And now it's immediately retracted, again, though the points in response to Szeth are, in fairness, quite good. I don't know if this was a genuine change in heart or a phishing attempt seeing if people would accept the election. 

10 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

That's fair. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised you have a gut elim read on me. That always happens to me, no matter what alignment I am. I'd be more surprised if you didn't suspect me tbh :P

Partially that, but mostly because they're like my only other option (as in, someone that people have already voted on) that isn't Fifth, who's giving me weird vibes I can't shake.

Hey, guess what, my gut doesn't like you this game, surprise :P And I don't really know how I've been giving you weird vibes over the course of like, two posts, but I'd love an explanation.

9 hours ago, Tani said:

... I think... I trust Mat. Maybe. Probably? He's my best vil read at the moment.

What are you doing with your votes >>

5 hours ago, Alvron said:

I'm quite enjoying watching players trying to get voted on.  It's a nice change going from "I'm village don't kill me" to "Hey!  I need you to vote on me"  Personally, I'm happy to not be voted on. IBoqg2TrvdKpoPrOGEvv4Th3xhUcpe6fLtKJ9ZEgoLUrHrwsHEekHhnkjiScg-RhXAwFfXPJsJaKSIcga85mnJ1PgIE3c8lzkK8aIpFwS_0CDFgHIjrgaoh6FS6wy936SOVsK3N5  

Alright, seems fair enough, enjoy singing to Kas in-thread for the rest of the game I guess :P 

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Ummmm Mat.

What's everyone's reads on Steel?

I think he's acting kinda like a selfish Villager.

What are you doing with your votes

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm going to vote for Biplet for worker leader. She stands out as the only person that voted for Tani but not for TJ. Seems to me like elims would want to avoid sticking out, althought I'm still not sure how elims would try and play this game. My experience with Resistance hasn't helped me figure things out at all.

I'll vote Elandera for the election. She voted for TJ, and despite the elims easily being able to bus this game, I think the votes on TJ are the best place for us to look. Also, other people seem to support Mat, who supports Elandera, so that makes me feel a bit better about this vote.

I should be around again before rollover to change my votes if necessary by then. Current vote counts are pretty low, so it would be nice if some other people throw out their opinions before cycle end.

I think it'd work almost the opposite? If elims want to be elected, they've got to give people a reason for it :P I actually like the Bip vote though, because it's not something an elim would think to do or notice, so congrats on earning village points I guess (unless you two are evil together but at some point I have to take my tinfoil hat off and try to trust people :P)

Interesting logic on Elan. I...am kinda coming around to the idea of Elan on the IC, mostly because I like the people voting for her and I feel like everyone else I have some reason to actively suspect from this cycle. The only thing making me uncomfortable is the weird triangulation going on with Striker and Mat, but I suppose we'll get some answers if we vote one of them out, so >> Elandera and Mat for WL because I appreciate the steadiness of his vote and he's one of my few village reads. :P Sometime my brain will have to break down the web of interaction that just happened, but that time is not 12:30 AM :P 

[big RP post is (hopefully) incoming, btw]

Edited by Fifth Scholar
bolded vote

Hello, very sorry for low activity this cycle. Life came at me hard, I will also be low activity tomorrow. I’m on mobile and it’s late so I can’t remember the code but consider all that blue text. 

im going to attempt to get some votes in in the morning, this is just my notice that yes I’m alive. Feeling good about Mat and Striker, strange vibes from araris just for voting on me bc I feel like my previous cycle votes weren’t that great XD. That’s it 

almost 100% certain Tani is village

29 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Hey, guess what, my gut doesn't like you this game, surprise :P And I don't really know how I've been giving you weird vibes over the course of like, two posts, but I'd love an explanation.

I mean, there's been a lot in those long posts. :P

For what it's worth, brain is too tired to try and put it into words right now, but just know that there's a gut vibe there that I can't shake and idk why.

I'm also not the biggest fan of Araris hopping on and throwing out a vote on Bip for WL. She hasn't posted much (which is understandable, considering her RL situation right now) and I'm curious why Araris feels confident about voting for her with what she has said so...oh, hey, there's a post from her. Anyway, that just came up, so I think my point still stands. It's also interesting to me that Araris made this vote for Bip because like...he normally likes to try and consolidate votes, not expand them, at least from what I can remember of what I've seen from him.

...ignore the fact that I was able to put why Araris made me feel weird into words but can't do it for Fifth. :P

Also, here's a new VC because I like doing these:

IC:

Szeth (3): Archer, Tani 
Elandera (3): Matrim, Araris, Fifth
Matrim (2): Elandera, Striker
Striker (1): Alvron

WL:

Matrim's Dice (1): Fifth
Tani (1): Elandera
Fifth (1): Archer
Striker (1): Matrim
Elandera (1): Striker
Biplet (1): Araris

Hopefully that's all right. Not sure how I feel about a 6-way tie for WL, but that's certainly something. I'm down for leaving that as is, if anyone else is too. :P

32 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Uh. That's a take. Do you have any thoughts or a vote beyond that? Your play this game is kind of confusing me

Litterally everyone called out of work today so it is now almost 11 and i have been here since 8 and i have no desire to live so hi

I haven't seen a whole lot from Mat this turn that makes me super confident in that vote, though I'd rather have him than Szeth. I really don't like the idea of electing Szeth as I'm still getting a weird vibe from their stance on Striker, who I tend to trust a bit more for the same reason TJ had offered before he was elected.

I'm going to back Striker for now, though I'm willing to back to Mat if others are willing to go that route.