5 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I exist apparently as a cheese grater

I am so going to buy one just so I can have my very own Kas.
A Kas of all my own /dreamy sigh

5 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I'm coming off pewterdrag :P 

The only thing that can help with that is sleep.  Go to sleep Kas.  Now!

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don’t :P.

I would argue Striker looks good because Elan unvoted him right at the end. Though I guess I could also say they probably are e/e because I know Elan and I are e/v and that being e/v/v might now be likely lol

Probably at Szeth and Striker rn but I could switch those maybe or substitute Alv or Tani in idk how to play this game

Archers almost giving me off vibes but he always does, and I just sheeped his Szeth reasoning so yeah

Not sure how to take Illwei’s not doing anything. I think it’s NAI but I would lean that to be village if I had to lean. 

I don’t entirely get the Striker vote. Honestly the e/e Elandera/Striker situation seems a lot more plausible than the e/v. Plus all of the other reasons I’ve been suspicious of Striker this game. 

1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I don’t entirely get the Striker vote. Honestly the e/e Elandera/Striker situation seems a lot more plausible than the e/v. Plus all of the other reasons I’ve been suspicious of Striker this game. 

Yknow I don’t either I’m tired

Striker Alvron

I broke my glasses and I have a headache but I feel like I need to contribute some more. The problem is that I'm suspicious of a lot of people and it's hard to lower down to who I'm not suspicious of. This voting is confusing. 

Can someone give me the reasoning for trusting Szeth? I think I missed something.

6 hours ago, Archer said:

So, what have we learned? Elandera is closely tied to Matrim and Striker, so both look suspicious. All three have a crusade against Szeth which they've really leaned into. Based on how on the nose their comment about the buddying up was, I suspect they're eee/v, but I'd like to hold of voting them until after I and Fifth get elected just in case it's distancing. Fifth and myself look good for challenging El at various points. And Araris looks scummy for using 'trust the people voting for her, so I do too' to vote Elandera. I'm not too worried about Steeldancer's vote, but just to be safe I'll avoid supporting them for now because they supported an elim's election. And Tani doesn't look like the elims tried to elect them as one of their own, rather, they used her election for village cred and to get the double voter on their side. I think I'd suspect Lotus over her. 

Fifth

Why specifically did you choose to vote for Fifth?

6 hours ago, Tani said:

Wait what? Bribe? Im so bad at this game I never saw any bribe anywhere.

How are you so good at this Archer? I feel clueless rn

Szeth

Edit: Clarification of underlined part: I did see a bribe there, but not that bribe. The only bribe/statement I see in votes/proposals about positions is "do a good job" and "you did a good job and I think you'll do a good job again next round too." (also "here have some stress" but who cares about that?) Additionally, democracy is ultimately selfish. We vote for people we think will do things we like, and I see that as "because of what you're doing for me, I'll vote for you" and not as "if I vote for you, you'll repay the favor I did for you by voting for me."

Something here that I don't like but idk what.

Idk, Archer feels the most trustworthy to me rn, but that's a shaky vote. 

2 hours ago, Liranil said:

Ack! Still not used to seeing my name in red being a good thing. I hope you feel better soon. 

Fifth looks village because this response to Elandera holding back their vote seemed pretty e/v:
"Can't remember if someone pointed this out earlier, but I don't like your equivocatory stance on voting here. Unless you're the Tineye, you'll never be able to trust anyone enough to elect them, so you kind of have to vote from what you have. And the earlier you do that, the more the thread can look at you, the more information we get, the more analysis progresses, etc., the better. (Mainly, etc.) So while I do agree with you on Szeth, you've also now joined him on my list of people who I'm probably not voting in anytime soon." Plus Striker preffered Elandera to Fifth for the WL election, and tried to get Steeldancer to move their vote. 

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/98076-mid-range-game-51-come-on-down-to-irontown/?do=findComment&comment=1245044

I'll admit though, they did end up on Elandera and Mat because they liked the people voting for them (why does everyone use that highly suspicious reason??). So I'd be okay moving to Szeth, who had this gem:
"I feel like Striker, Elandera, and Mat are only voting within themselves, with one notable exception. I’m still very suspicious of Striker based on his actions D1, and I just feel like my suspicions are getting stronger... This [Striker] post especially reads very strangely to me. The statement about not wanting to have one Worker Leader the entire game feels like it goes against the village wincon. Can you (Striker) tell me a reason why having multiple different WL’s during the game is actually helpful? And “Oh, I just don’t want to feel like one person is hogging it” doesn’t count. Plus, I don’t see the reasoning for voting Elandera. Is it just because they support your suspicions of me? The bottom paragraph is ok, but I could see a Mat/Striker e/e situation here."
I don't entirely agree about their dislike of multiple WLs, but the pressure they put on my theorized elim team of Mat/Striker/El seems too on the nose to be mere distancing.

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/98076-mid-range-game-51-come-on-down-to-irontown/?do=findComment&comment=1245461

Fifth Szeth

8 hours ago, Tani said:

Wait what? Bribe? Im so bad at this game I never saw any bribe anywhere.

In retrospect, bribe is a bad word for it. I think the elims were trying to recieve trust from villagers by giving trust out. I'd initially thought they wanted to elect one of their own, but it was probably more just they wanted you to trust them, so they trusted you. Human nature does the rest, and oh you have double votes so it's even better for them if you support their election. Sorry for the added stress. 

People were muttering all around him as Steel got up on the box that he usually spoke from. Today, he was a bit more nervous. He had been directly involved in the election of someone who was clearly in the pockets of the nobles that Steel so publically denounced. No wonder it had caused some commotion. But he had to clear his name, and make things right. 
Alright, alright. I had some other topics I wanted to discuss today originally, but clearly due to circumstances I'm going to need to discuss what happened in terms of the election. I talked about it briefly to some of you, but I wanted to make everything clear all at once. 
When I first heard the rumors that some of us were being bribed by the nobles, I was slow to believe it. I wanted to see the best in all of you, especially my friends who I've known for a long time, such as Fifth. I've known Fifth to always be a trustworthy fellow, and so I was quick to trust his opinions, especially when I was spending time doing my election strategy, not searching for traitors among us. 
Clearly, I was wrong. While this doesn't indict Fifth as being a traitor, as a future public representative I have to realize that I cannot just blindly put trust in those around me. So no, I was not bribed by the nobles to betray you, but rather I was quick to trust in a friend. I hope that that context to my actions will grant me the benefit of the doubt. 
So then, what am I going to do about the situation? Until this point, I was ignoring the fact that there were traitors among us, and the threat that they stand to the changes that we want to make through the Fair Steel Deal. I can no longer afford to ignore them. As such, I'm making an official statement. 
           From this time forward, the Steel Election Campaign will not be working full time on the election of Steel. We will instead be splitting our resources to find and bring down the traitors among us, so that the life that we have so desired can be ours, and receive the fair treatment that we deserve. We publically condemn those among us who feel that the money they get from the nobles is of more worth than a fair and equal society. This change in direction will take place immediately, and we will report our findings when we have finished our initial investigation into the matter. We will be closely scrutinizing all financial and public matters to find those who seek to tear our dreams down. 
Some may say this change is too late, or that we should have been doing this from the beginning. But to that I say, I had always hoped that it would not be necessary, that we could all unite together to make change to our community. But clearly that ideal was simply that, an ideal. And so we will do our best to make sure that the ideals we hold above all others- fair treatment- will be able to weather this storm! 

Edited by Steeldancer
sentences

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

I've known Fifth to always be a trustworthy fellow

I haven't XD Never played a game with village!Fifth, hope that changed and I just don't know it yet :P.

But wait wait seriously, now I'm confused. Archer village-read Fifth because of his opposition to the Elan exe, and now you're saying you voted Elan because you were listening to Fifth's reasoning? Which is it?

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I haven't XD Never played a game with village!Fifth, hope that changed and I just don't know it yet :P.

But wait wait seriously, now I'm confused. Archer village-read Fifth because of his opposition to the Elan exe, and now you're saying you voted Elan because you were listening to Fifth's reasoning? Which is it?

Fifth literally voted on Elandera, and I followed suit. I have no idea why Archer is village reading him for that, that makes no sense. 

Huh. An accountable politician. Fantasy stories are great. 

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

They did. That was villagery. Then they got confused. That was unfortunate 

16 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Fifth literally voted on Elandera, and I followed suit. I have no idea why Archer is village reading him for that, that makes no sense. 

I'll admit though, they did end up on Elandera and Mat because they liked the people voting for them (why does everyone use that highly suspicious reason??)

That's why I added this and moved to just make them WL. They made some valid points against Elandera. I wish they hadn't then voted for two elims, but hey, people get confused. Or wanted an elim flip to happen so we can knock down some dominoes. It's probably the former, but I'm not holding it against them because of the pressure they applied to a flipped elim in the quoted post. 

I'd also be cool with voting Liranil and Illwei, who seem unconnected to anyone suspicious. 

Edited by Archer

Additional rule clarification PMed from a player -

Roles are unique. If a player is the Informant, they cannot also be the Starling.

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I haven't been Evil since 2015 (and hope it stays that way) so I'm a safe bet ;) 

9 hours ago, Archer said:

They did. That was villagery. Then they got confused. That was unfortunate 

That's why I added this and moved to just make them WL. They made some valid points against Elandera. I wish they hadn't then voted for two elims, but hey, people get confused. Or wanted an elim flip to happen so we can knock down some dominoes. It's probably the former, but I'm not holding it against them because of the pressure they applied to a flipped elim in the quoted post. 

I'd also be cool with voting Liranil and Illwei, who seem unconnected to anyone suspicious. 

I mean, either read everyone who ended up on Elan as elim like you said made sense to do like a turn ago (talking about if an elim ever flipped) or don't. It doesn't really make sense to pick and choose if everyone ended up there anyway, though there is a difference with Fifth's earlier comments. But that makes it weirder that he ended up on Elan anyway :P.

Well, Liranil and Illwei are unconnected, period.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm not going to vote right now, but I'll point out that roughly half of the players voted last cycle. If we are going to take Alvron's advice about looking for villagers among the inactive players, now might be a good time to do so.

I'd probably feel more comfortable doing this if we were 2-0 right now, but we're not, and if there's an elim in the inactives that could cost us. For now I'd rather go by reads and not by chance, and build off of the info we get from there.

11 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm not going to vote right now, but I'll point out that roughly half of the players voted last cycle. If we are going to take Alvron's advice about looking for villagers among the inactive players, now might be a good time to do so.

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'd probably feel more comfortable doing this if we were 2-0 right now, but we're not, and if there's an elim in the inactives that could cost us. For now I'd rather go by reads and not by chance, and build off of the info we get from there.

Plus there's probably at least 5 elims (including Elandera), since they need to get 4 seats, possibly more than that, so it's likely that at least a few elims aren't being very active.

12 hours ago, Liranil said:

My reason for voting Szeth is that Archer wanted to try something by electing Szeth, I'm okay with that because I like to try things too and it's helpful when others play along with my plots, and I'm reading Szeth as vil rn.

I'm also reading Steel very vil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sobek was glad nobody was dead. He thanked the Survivor for every day when nobody died. There was a lot of contention, more brawls than normal in his tavern, but nobody was dead. It was scary, though, how similar this situation was to what had happened before. He studied those things in his spare time, trying to figure ways to keep that madness out of his town. He hadn't found any sure ways yet.

Sobek liked to listen. Through listening to others, reports unfiltered through lubricated tongues, he gained his opinions of who he could trust. What little extra he earned he donated to that newspaper. It seemed to be on the right side of the debate, and he didn't want it to go down. Maybe he'd put something in it about the barrels...

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

But if there is only a single elim in the inactives, we have basically no chance of actually electing them. Last cycle there was almost certainly a single elim that voted for Elandera, possibly more. And some of the rest likely voted for other players to distance themselves. We can also look at people who didn't vote last cycle, but did C1.

Szeth, Dannex, Lotus, TUO, Ash, Liranil, Illwei, and Biplet didn't vote for the election last cycle. Of these, Szeth, Lotus, and Biplet all voted for the election C1, so there's potentially something to go on there. Biplet voted for WL last cycle, so she wasn't totally inactive.

I know this is somewhat repeating myself from last turn, but I think we should elect Biplet. She was around last cycle, but didn't vote either to secure the Elandera election or to gain credit by joining another train. There might be someone else that fits this profile, but she's the only one I can see from the votes.

I'll put Mat as WL. I don't have any super strong trusts, but we don't want to pick an inactive for this and he seems like a solid bet.

16 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

But if there is only a single elim in the inactives, we have basically no chance of actually electing them. Last cycle there was almost certainly a single elim that voted for Elandera, possibly more. And some of the rest likely voted for other players to distance themselves. We can also look at people who didn't vote last cycle, but did C1.

Szeth, Dannex, Lotus, TUO, Ash, Liranil, Illwei, and Biplet didn't vote for the election last cycle. Of these, Szeth, Lotus, and Biplet all voted for the election C1, so there's potentially something to go on there. Biplet voted for WL last cycle, so she wasn't totally inactive.

I know this is somewhat repeating myself from last turn, but I think we should elect Biplet. She was around last cycle, but didn't vote either to secure the Elandera election or to gain credit by joining another train. There might be someone else that fits this profile, but she's the only one I can see from the votes.

I'll put Mat as WL. I don't have any super strong trusts, but we don't want to pick an inactive for this and he seems like a solid bet.

I mean, if you want to vote an inactive, there are people more inactive than Bip :P I could get behind that I guess but I think I’d still rather vote Szeth.

Noting that you think there’s an elim in the Elan voters, maybe more, and still vote me as WL.

7 minutes ago, Wyrmhero said:

This nap was from midnight to 3 AM. Kas has problems >>

You're difficult to please :/ You kept saying I should go to sleep so I took a nap, I don't see why you should object to that >>