Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

I'm actually gonna

Ashbringer

i think, even tho...no! I do not claim responsibility for his death in QF50. I grant Striker that. :P.

Edited by Illwei
am I basically ignoring this striker-mat stuff? yeah I am. :D. kill me or something

13 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean...you're the only one who said anything (besides maybe Alv I guess), and you're the only one who voted on me...I don't think it was very hard for me to pick you out. :P

PMs are only foolish if you limit the information you give out to one player. You have to tell at least two players what's going on. Preferably not the same information either. With two people, your odds of not telling just an elim go up. Now obviously you don't go telling a bunch of people either because then you may as well tell the thread anyway. But letting the information go around the PM webs is a good way to coordinate things. And if something goes wrong, we start figuring out where it went wrong.

[OOC: I mean, what are the chances your bro, your backup in case your bro's Evil, and your backup's backup in case your bro and backup are Evil are all Evil and plotting your death, amirite? >>]

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: I mean, what are the chances your bro, your backup in case your bro's Evil, and your backup's backup in case your bro and backup are Evil are all Evil and plotting your death, amirite? >>]

I mean, that would be unfortunate, but that's just life. :P

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I'm actually gonna

Ashbringer

i think, even tho...no! I do not claim responsibility for his death in QF50. I grant Striker that. :P.

I mean, he did say he was gonna be more chaotic...

2 minutes ago, Flyingbooks said:

I'm going to vote for Archer. They feel a bit suspicious to me in a group PM that we're both in, which is as good a reason as any on D1.

Archer's posting in PMs and not the thread? Interesting.

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Anyone who wants a book should do what they want and not trust Striker and Books just because there is absolutely no reason not to trust them so far.

In the previous incarnation of this game, elim!me went after the Shadowblaze publicly because it was so strong. I think elims would be decently likely to go after at least one book, so villagers should be fine with going after books, even if another player has said they are doing the same.

To those that have PMed me, I'll get to each of you tomorrow.  I'm just here to deal with this.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Someone teach me the right way to pray to the gods of Luck and Chance

50 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Oh hell no.  You did not just advise using an electronic device/program for invoking The Gods of Luck and Chance! :angry:
For such an affront, I'm going to have to go after your Shadowblaze now. :P 

Firstly, burning iced animal crackers can gain their favour.  Whole crackers mind not the broken bits.  You can eat those.  This step is not necessary but it can help if you wish for their continued blessing.
Secondly, one must use physical dice/coins/items to receive their answer.
Saying "May the Gods of Luck and Chance smile upon me." as you roll/flip brings their attention to what you are after resulting in a more favourable outcome.

Dice are the preferred vessel of their will but if you don't have the right denomination of dice, a deck of cards works well too.  Just use as many cards as you have options and assign a name/task to each before shuffling and drawing the chosen one.

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I would love to see your 23-sided dice collection.

You mean 22-sided dice right?  There are 23 players, take yourself off the list as there is zero reason to vote for yourself and you have 22 players left to roll for.  And 22 sided dice aren't that hard to come across.

IMd22.jpg

Although sadly, I am yet to get one so cards are what I use for the moment.

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

You mean 22-sided dice right?  There are 23 players, take yourself off the list as there is zero reason to vote for yourself and you have 22 players left to roll for.  And 22 sided dice aren't that hard to come across.

As one of the few (probably not only and I'm not checking at 11 PM) players who have legitimately killed themselves in a game, I meant what I said :P

Note that I'm not actually doing this, I'm just giving chaotic advice. Or maybe I am doing it. Psychology. 1/23 odds I'm right. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

11 minutes ago, Illwei said:

*thinks in technically MR46*

Uh... who?

I called my own death that game but I don’t remember anyone sacrificing themselves.

(I know there’s a cycle titled “Sacrifice” but I remember what that was and that wasn’t it.)

Edited by Ashbringer
s

2 hours ago, Alvron said:

IMd22.jpg

Although sadly, I am yet to get one so cards are what I use for the moment.

Duncan wasn't sure about that. 

In his secret heart of hearts, where the guilt lay deeply-buried (Nebrask, he had to forget, had to bury them deeper, Wyatt and the eyes that flickered black), he wondered. Wondered if it was his fault. If he should've stopped them. [OOC: I put the kas into kasyana after all, and exkasperate Wilson with my self-voting habits! :P ]

He sighed and sought oblivion in the purloined bottle of spirits.

Well, thanks everyone for not deciding to murder me while I slept! ^_^ I appreciate it. Quinn 

By the way, I had an idea... so, y'know how there are currently 6 Bribes in the Camp Supply? So that's 6 Valuable Items. If the Thief were to take five of those, they would win. Now, to my mind the Bribes are far less useful to us than the other three kinds of Valuable Items (Guns, Shadowblazes, and Ornate Clocks). Regardless of my alignment, I'd rather the Thief steal 5 Bribes than steal like, two Bribes and a Gun and a Shadowblaze or what have you. Also, I would rather not randomly lose items that I was planning to use...

So, my thought is, why don't we leave the Bribes for the Thief? That way they don't have a reason to try to steal from us, because they can use their actions to collect Bribes instead, and we don't lose any kill or defense Items. 

Edited by Quinn0928

35 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

Alright, I’ve finally arrived! I‘m definitely in the camp of coordinating you gets what book. Though, not in thread, as that’s just asking for the elims to target you. Because of this, I’m a little suspicious of Striker, but I know how often he gets lynched Day one, so I’ll hold off for now. 

I mean, I wasn't suggesting that we coordinate who goes after the books in thread. I was just saying that I was going after one. :P