Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

Rules Clarification time:

18 hours ago, Archer said:

@Sart can the Thief start with a specialization?

PAFO.

16 hours ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: What's more, TUO and I Warded N1 as well, and the numbers were as expected, which tells you if this was the case, the extra Defense didn't come from us unless Archer decided to visit us (even then, Warding is fairly early on OoA - @Sart, where does NR visitation go on OoA? Can this be LoV/LoFed?) ]

Order of Actions:

Day: Vigor, Making, Silencing, Bribe, Acid, Giving, Gun, Lynch, Supply, Map, Steal, Revocation

Night: Vigor, Forbiddance, Making, Warding, Clock, Supply, Map, Steal, Revocation, Giving, Gun, Kill, Crab, Teach

You always forget something. Teaching goes at the very end of OoA. You only get the Specialization at the start of the next day. Teaching can be affected by LoV and LoF.

Does the Thief have to possess the items to win, or does having taken/stolen them count? (Basically I'm asking if the Thief must have, e.g. the Clock, or can steal it, use it, and still have it count to wincon.)

The Thief must possess five valuable items to win. If they use up an item, it does not count to their win condition. They also must survive the turn they gain their last item, to successfully escape.

What does someone with a Line of Making (either form) see if someone Wards the camp?

For not-specialized Lines of Making, they see that their target targeted no one. For upgraded Lines of Making, they see that the target drew a Line of Warding.

Does the NR know what Specialization was taught?

Yes. Both the target and the Non-Rithmatist learn what Specialization was taught.

Does the Thief's ability allow them to choose the item stolen? The rules seem to suggest it's random.

The rules are correct. The Thief's ability is random.

What happens if you scan someone with a Crab when they gain a Book or the Shadowblaze?

The Book is immediately consumed, so a Crab would not see it. The Shadowblaze is a passive item, so that would be seen by a Crab. There is an exception with the Non-Rithmatist. When the Non-Rithmatist gets the Shadowblaze, it is immediately consumed, so it would not show up via a Crab scan.

What do you see if you use a Line of Making on someone that is grabbing an item from the Supply?

You see that they targeted no one. You also get this result if they forget to submit an action, or if they draw a Line of Warding.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Now here comes the moral dilemma. The rules say no using outside information about a person to judge their gameplay. But Connie has repeatedly stated in games that they don't lie in SE

I don't know Connie irl :P. so that's not- really applicable?

Also was under the assumption that meant more like "don't see your brother in a Doc and then be like 'Yo! I saw fura in a doc! kill him!'" sorta thing.

15 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Can someone reiterate the points against Connie?

Mine are..basically meta? In my most recent episode of "confbias with Illwei" found on Page 6.

Other than that, for me it's her not voting D1 + her lack of care what happened with the vote D2.

@Ventyl I'd still like to hear your reasoning on me

Edited by Illwei

The ticking of the clock seemed ever present. It beat back and forth, almost hypnotically. Connie's head started bobbing to the rhythm. It was so relaxing to her. Even as the camp debated killing her, she couldn't keep her eyes off the clock. Sweat, and white condensation began pouring from her face. So this is what they were fighting for. The camp needed no further evidence, and quickly grabbed her. However, she had already passed on, with a smile on her lips. The first Forgotten had fallen.

Vote Count:
Condensation (6): Archer, StrikerEZ, Illwei, TJ Shade, Devotary of Spontaneity, Kasimir
Gears (2): Araris Valerian, STINK
Illwei (1): Ventyl
Lotus (1): Shard of Reading

Condensation has died. They were a Forgotten.

Items Taken:

Spoiler
  • Gears grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • The Unknown Order grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • Shard of Reading grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • Random Bystander grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • Illwei grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • TJ Shade grabbed a Piece of Chalk
  • STINK grabbed a Bribe
  • Archer grabbed a Map

Camp Supply:

Spoiler
  • 2 Pieces of Chalk
  • 5 Spring-Powered Crabs
  • 1 Lantern
  • 1 Ornate Clock
  • 1 Book of Silencing

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. @Gears : Servant of the Mad God
  2. Quinn0928 : Nicole Cooper Rithmatist
  3. @Ashbringer : Faleast
  4. @Lotus : Daughter of the Prime forest
  5. @Flyingbooks
  6. @Archer : Evan Wallace
  7. @Burnt Spaghetti : Tia Vuur
  8. @Ventyl : Shimamura Sakura
  9. @The Unknown Order : Atreco Tel
  10. @Araris Valerian : Elysian
  11. @StrikerEZ : Frederick Kerr
  12. @Alvron : Blackbane
  13. @Shard of Reading
  14. @Random Bystander
  15. @Illwei
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. Condensation : Connie Forgotten
  18. @Devotary of Spontaneity : Kaniae Moreau
  19. @Kasimir : Duncan Kerr
  20. Matrim's Dice: Joshua Rithmatist
  21. @STINK : Respected Madman
  22. @Mist : Tria Noche
  23. Dannex Rithmatist

This Night will end on February 6th at 8 PM CST. The Strength of the Wild Chalklings is at 2.

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

who didn't take the clock??? why did no one take the clockkkkkkkkk

I...I changed my order this morning because I thought a bunch of people would be going for the clock. So I went for a piece of chalk. So...I guess we all decided to go for chalk? And a couple other items. Apparently. Though we did get Connie, so that’s cool!

Also, I’ll be going for the clock.

I too went for Chalk... swing and a miss there. Although that means Connie had two chalk, which might tell us something?

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

whaddya mean "somehow" ??

Idk. Not very much discussion around it. I wouldn't be that surprised if the Elims did a bus, although why escapes me entirely.

Duncan blinked. 

He hadn't expected that Connie was a Forgotten, when he'd cast that first stone. It had been unease, a desire to keep the pressure on, and illness, though at least the worst of the fever had left. 

Wyatt. Wyatt hadn't been that way at all, but Kessen and Tory had dropped so deep you forgot about them. 

Forgotten. 

Well, now. Blackbane had said he needed a dead Forgotten to work with, to analyse. 

He had one. 

Edited by Kasimir
Justification. I need it.