GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

11 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

With the current QF about to wrap up, we should probably also start thinking about the next LG. @The Unknown Ajah still has the next slot, so it's up to him if he wants to re-open signups for his game, to try a different ruleset, or to pass for someone else.

I'd like to do a show of hands sorta thingy with every signed up to play or spectate to see who's up for that one or a different ruleset more designed for low player counts.

That would also give me a bit of time to make sure I can run a game on my current schedule. 

On 5/10/2024 at 4:12 PM, The Unknown Ajah said:

I'd like to do a show of hands sorta thingy with every signed up to play or spectate to see who's up for that one or a different ruleset more designed for low player counts.

That would also give me a bit of time to make sure I can run a game on my current schedule. 

Okay, I'll reopen the LG 100 thread and you can use that to get a feel for player counts. You can also ask around on Discord and see what people feel up for.

• 3 weeks later...

How long is the line on QFs? I had one that I never ran before going inactive(I think i was getting close to the front of the line), that would be a "One-Night" adaptation(If you've ever played that party game) If the line isn't super long, I'd love to try running it before school starts up again. (After that, I'd have way too much going on for at least that semester, quite possibly beyond)

19 minutes ago, CadCom said:

How long is the line on QFs? I had one that I never ran before going inactive(I think i was getting close to the front of the line), that would be a "One-Night" adaptation(If you've ever played that party game) If the line isn't super long, I'd love to try running it before school starts up again. (After that, I'd have way too much going on for at least that semester, quite possibly beyond)

You have an inactive priority slot. This means if you reactivate, you are at the top of the QF queue. @ me if you'd like to be reactivated!

Edited by Kasimir

@Kasimir Yeah, Let's go ahead and activate me again. Unless the cycle has changed, do we still have an MR and another LG infront of the next QF?  I just can't do anything starting next week, or the week of July 7th 

Just now, CadCom said:

@Kasimir Yeah, Let's go ahead and activate me again. Unless the cycle has changed, do we still have an MR and another LG infront of the next QF?  I just can't do anything starting next week, or the week of July 7th 

Will do. Ask @Araris Valerian but at this stage I think it's possible to just fit your schedule rather than go through the whole cycle. We actually just doubled two QFs back to back.

I guess we should see if we have someone ready to run a MR. It’s fine to fit CadCom in, but if start of the semester is his cutoff then we have a while. Of course, if we got on top of our game we could try and have a QF run during signups for the next MR as a possibility.

23 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I guess we should see if we have someone ready to run a MR. It’s fine to fit CadCom in, but if start of the semester is his cutoff then we have a while. Of course, if we got on top of our game we could try and have a QF run during signups for the next MR as a possibility.

I would really like to play again first, but I can run a near vanilla QF or MR after that. No idea where I'm at on the list, but it's an option. 

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

1. @Ashbringer
2. Kasimir
3. @xinoehp512
4. @The Unknown Ajah
5. @Elandera
6. You
7. @Stick.
8. @Aeoryi
9. @DrakeMarshall

I skipped a few inactives here but they can yell at me if I miss them. I can't immediately answer if I have a ruleset ready to run. I need to get sleep first.

9 hours ago, Kasimir said:

1. @Ashbringer
2. Kasimir
3. @xinoehp512
4. @The Unknown Ajah
5. @Elandera
6. You
7. @Stick.
8. @Aeoryi
9. @DrakeMarshall

I skipped a few inactives here but they can yell at me if I miss them. I can't immediately answer if I have a ruleset ready to run. I need to get sleep first.

Should have a ruleset ready, although I'll let people above me take the slot if they want.

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I’m happy to run my Reckoners faction game as long as I get 9 players. And of course, the more the merrier. It’s symmetric so I don’t think the committee will have too much of a fuss with the rules.

Okay, I and a few others have been wondering, how do you even run a symmetrical factions? How does that work?

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Okay, I and a few others have been wondering, how do you even run a symmetrical factions? How does that work?

Non-death related wincons. 

The third cycle of Fifth’s Alice in Wonderland game was pretty symmetrical. 

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Here’s the link to my MR rules Link.

The idea is a bunch of missing information, along with players only dying when their entire faction is removed.

I'll confirm my stance after the weekend. There's a dueling cards MR ruleset Drake and I have bounced around but am not fully sure it's ready.

Edited to add:

I have a MR I'd forgotten existed and am willing to run it. However, it's a shogun meme MR that Drake and I came up with, is that okay? :P Alternatively I have a weird Secret Hitler MR.

Edited by Kasimir

On 6/1/2024 at 12:14 AM, Kasimir said:

I have a MR I'd forgotten existed and am willing to run it. However, it's a shogun meme MR that Drake and I came up with, is that okay? :P Alternatively I have a weird Secret Hitler MR.

Up to you. If you’re down to run something then send it to the committee and I’ll take a look.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Okay, Kas got back to me and is unavailable. Elan also doesn’t want to run, but will IM. So @The Unknown Ajah you can run something or pass it to me. My rule set is mostly ready to go, modulo some tweaking for a smaller player count.

I'll definitely pass it to you. I want to play a game before I GM again.