7 minutes ago, Ookla the Mistiosa said:

If the elims were working with Battar, Gears could be one of them.

While it's possible Matrim was working with the elims, he did get attacked by what was presumably them N1 and again, Matrim pretty much could only have gotten Battar's Blade with elim help if the Shaman knows Eternum's evil and just never bothered to say anything or the other secret role was also working for the elims.

Okay looking at the Ventyl votes D2, we had obviously Connie, Fura, Araris, and Illwei against him, while Matrim, Books, SfS, and I (and Quinn but she's dead) are the ones who looked to be against it. That makes sense with the current votes, as all of the surviving Ventyl voters have returned while none of the people who defended Ventyl have posted since the votes started piling up.

I don't have a lot of strong feelings about Ventyl, mostly because it seems like he gets bandwagoned on a lot and is rarely evil when that happens, but his death would indicate who Matrim was helping and I mostly clear Araris/Fura/Condensation if Ventyl is evil. My vote is irrelevant at this point but putting it on Ventyl doesn't hurt.

They came to a decision. For once, there were only a few dissenting voices. Ones easily quashed, despite the murmurs that just because everyone agreed didn't make it a good idea.

The group, largely independent of their "leader" lounging at the back of the room, turned toward The Larkin. Anger flashed. He seemed too... it was hard to put to words.

Too Shin.

"You know our ways. You haven't made a single slip this entire venture. It's as if instead of living our ways, you... studied them to a tee," Viola-daughter-Condensation finally stated. "What say you?"

The Larkin laughed at that. A weak laugh. One that bespoke... he was actually amused by this.

"What say you!" a more insistent voice came from the mob.

"What say I?" the Larkin said. "I..."

He stood up. Wavering?

"I will cleanse the Shin of their false leaders."

And just as The Larkin's Lightweaving failed, he exploded into a Light that no one in the room had seen before. Honorblades weren't capable of channeling that much of a storm.

But Szeth-son-Neturo wasn't using an Honorblade. He drew a sword... no, that was not a sword. That was the Void incarnate. And the former Truthless Lashed himself right for the mob leader.

Rarashe-son-Lurdroler stared down the most destructive force in the cosmere.

Or, rather, he stared at the leader staring down the most destructive force in the cosmere. He hadn't chosen to interfere himself. He just... watched. Waited. This had quickly proven to be the chaos he had dreamed of. He hadn't a chance to gain an Honorblade yet, but that... that would be a prize indeed.

One of the few things in this world that could truly kill him. He couldn't tell if he wanted it in his grasp or on the other side of the galaxy.

It didn't look like the decision was up to him.

Szeth rushed forward, Stormlight draining from him. He couldn't tell if he would make it. He couldn't tell if he cared.

The leader was frozen. He didn't know if this is what he had meant by removing false leaders, but this leader was what he'd have to get. The Bearers behind him wouldn't let him escape. So a blaze of glory it was.

Twenty feet. Fifteen feet.

He could feel the storm weakening, the Lashing failing. His foot hit the ground.

Ten feet. Five feet.

He burned.

Two feet. One foot. Conta-

And the Void consumed him, releasing his soul from the bondage of the stones.

Just before the sword hit the leader, the traitor disappeared into a blaze of smoke, as the dark sword clattered to the floor. It burned whatever it touched.

The leader grabbed his face, his chest. He was alive.

Mostly. He felt something cold on his chest. The blade had apparently burned a hole through his tunic, and hit... he reached for the hole. The chanceslip?

The marked side had been facing his chest. The formerly clear side now had a shadow, a touch of death. Remarkable.

He tossed the slip to a stunned-looking Izzy-daugher-Ammi, then looked at where the form of Szeth, the former Truthless, had disappeared. The dark sword lay near his feet, and what was obviously an Honorblade lay parallel to it.

"This isn't over," he said simply, grabbing the Honorblade.

Szeth would not have come alone.

Ookla the Larkin / Ventyl was lynched! They were Szeth of Szeth's Cohort, as well as the Bearer of Nightblood and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade!

Paliah's Honorblade has been redistributed!

Nightblood has been added to the Honorblade pool and has been redistributed! It now counts as an Honorblade for Transformation and Reclaims (but not the Elim's 7-Shin-Blade wincon).

Final Vote Count:

• Ookla the Larkin / Ventyl (6): Ookla the Araris Valerian / Araris Valerian, Ookla the Hypodecadal / Devotary of Spontaneity, Lotus, Ookla the Grammatical / Condensation, Ookla the Sprinkle / JesterLavorre, Alvron, Furamirionind
  • Furamirionind (1): Ookla the Larkin / Ventyl
  • Somebody from Sel (1): Ookla the Mistiosa / Mist
  • Ookla the Sprinkle / JesterLavorre (1): Eternum

PMs are *checks notes* still open until the next Day turn! All PMs must be between two players only, and must also include @Ookla Fell From The Sky and @Elandera (but NOT Elbereth - she's requested to keep out of Player PMs). Other than that, go wild. 

The Night Turn will end at 5:00 PM PST on December 16th, in about 23 hours. Get your actions in!

Honorblade List:

Spoiler
  • Chanarach’s Honorblade:
    • Division and Abrasion

• Vedel’s Honorblade:
    • Abrasion and Progression

• Pailiah’s Honorblade:
    • Progression and Illumination

• Shalash’s Honorblade:
    • Illumination and Transformation

• Battar’s Honorblade: Removed by Battar
    • Transformation and Transportation

• Kalak’s Honorblade:
    • Transportation and Cohesion

• Ishar’s Honorblade:
    • Tension and Adhesion

• Nightblood:
    • Unblockable Roleblock + Kill (4 Stormlight)
    • Unblockable Roleblock + Kill (0 Stormlight, unblockably kills user (single use))

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Gears - Roko
  2. Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) Shin High Council
  3. Quinn0928 - Lin-daughter-Lanari / Rinala Rades Shin High Council and Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  4. Ookla's Dice (Matrim's Dice) - Daziron-son-Odium - Battar and Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  5. Ookla the Disproportionate (Danex) Truthless and Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  6. @Somebody from Sel - 
  7. @Ookla the Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian) - Hadrian-son-Penrod
  8. TJ Shade - Galatar Shin High Council and Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  9. Ookla the Larkin (Ventyl) - The LarkinSzeth, Bearer of Nightblood and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  10. Ookla the Shadowed (Experience) - Shadow Shin High Council and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  11. @Ookla the Hypodecadal (Devotary of Spontaneity) - Ganeth-null-Shantis-Mawelar
  12. @Flyingbooks42 - Tsezn
  13. @Lotus - Sunwalker
  14. @Ookla the Grammatical (Condensation) - Viola-daughter-Condensation
  15. @Ookla who goes DORIYAH!! (Vasher212) - Gunandwaf-son-Warbreaker
  16. @Ookla the Mistiosa (Mist) - 
  17. @Ookla the Watcher (Kings_Way) - Velton-son-Hasweth
  18. @The Windrunner Supreme - Supreme Cows
  19. @STINK
  20. @Ookla the Sprinkle (JesterLavorre) - Jes-son-Laal
  21. @Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi / Izzy Dedyet
  22. @Eternum - 
  23. @Furamirionind 

So...this is like the best possible outcome right? Elims don't get nightblood kills, they're down one radiant which means less stormlight per highstorm, and he was carrying a second blade. Hold up, I thought that Alvron was responding to the lynch and not...Fura's hand getting hit by a fan...I'm stupid.

Also Fura I hope you hand gets better.

Edit: Also, I've been working on my playlist for a while, does anyone have any recommendations? Requirements are clean, and no rap.

Edited by Ookla who goes DORIYAH!!

34 minutes ago, Ookla who goes DORIYAH!! said:

Edit: Also, I've been working on my playlist for a while, does anyone have any recommendations? Requirements are clean, and no rap.

Ayla Neero, Vienna Teng and Suzanne Vegas “The soldier and the queen”

Votes on Ventyl last cycle:

Fura: First one to do so and bring up reasoning. Seems fairly cleared in my book

Connie: Second “poke vote” that turned into a real one

Lotus: I voted on Ventyl third partly because I thought rollover was a hour earlier then it was. After this a lot of people joined in on the vote

Alvron: Fourth. I somewhat think they are village because right then there would still have been time to switch the vote elsewhere.

Arias was fifth

Then Jester

And then Devotary.

i feel like one of those last three is a elim, although admittedly perhaps not because they thought it would be suspicious? 

40 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Arias was fifth

:angry:

I think it’s a bit hard to say what we actually learn from this lynch, since there wasn’t really an alternative. I do have a rather strong village read on Connie though at this point. Fura has solidified as village in my mind, and mostly Lotus and Alv as well. I can’t see much reason for an elim to bus Szeth holding a Progression blade, even though a Ventyl lynch seemed to be possible for quite a while. It’s unfortunate that Ventyl wasn’t around, because he might have drawn in some teammates while defending himself. I don’t think anyone who voted looks particularly suspicious, so I’ll have to do some rereading for player interactions with Ventyl.

Edited by Ookla the Araris Valerian

So... out of everyone, this makes Araris look pretty good as well. While I've heard rumors of Araris's ruthlessness as an elim (: P), there's no way I see him trying to bus Szeth when he has 2 blades.

Also, while my thread analysis has Ventyl/Condensation as not e/e, my notes list it as possible for some reason, so I need to figure out where the discrepancy came from... Granted, my notes also say Araris/Ventyl could be e/e which is absurd so idk lol.  My gut right now is saying Condensarion is village though.

Everybody who voted Ventyl D2 showed up again to kill him, so I'm fairly sure about Fura, Connie, and to a lesser extent Araris being village. Nobody who directly opposed the votes on Ventyl D2 tried to stop Ventyl from dying this time, but expanding the definition of 'opposed to Ventyl' to include everyone still alive who voted for someone else D2 and/or D4, we have Books and Lotus voting Experience, SfS voting for Araris, Stink voting for Quinn, and me voting for TJ on D2, and then Mist voting SfS while Eternum votes for Jester this past turn.

The only people still alive who posted between the time the Experience-Ventyl vote was 4-2 and when the cycle ended were Fura and Condensation, but I know that I saw Fura's vote before rollover. Books posted a minute after rollover talking about vote manipulation, though supposedly the vote removed from Ventyl was not Kaladin's doing. I expect that Kaladin would have stepped in to save Szeth if they noticed the vote was tied in the <1 minute between Condensation voting and the day ending. It's a lot less certain that they would have interfered at 4-3.

Books summoned everyone to vote at 3-2-2 Experience-Ventyl-Araris and indicated a willingness to vote Ventyl that disappeared after Eternum claimed that Kaladin wasn't the one to remove a vote from Ventyl. They suggested that Ishar's Blade was responsible, which Eternum also claimed was false. Lotus broke a 2-2 tie between Experience and Ventyl D2, but also it would have been really easy for Lotus to stick with the Fura vote when it was 2-2 instead of switching to Ventyl which lead to a largely uncontested vote.

Alright. Thanks everyone for your concern over my hand. xD
I was just getting dressed and lifted my hand a little too far up while my ceiling fan was on. My hand's fine now, the bruises I thought I had even disappeared overnight so... /shrug.

Condensation - Village
I was starting to get less sure last cycle, in PMs she sounds like a villager (gut), and lastly Ventyl assumed she was a villager, but then quickly shifted to putting suspicion on her... So pretty village.

Vasher - Village
Not really any reason. I didn't actually realize this was their first game. I don't go after players in their first game unless I feel like I have to. I read them as slight village by tone at the moment so I definitely don't feel I have to target them. I also read players in their 1st/2nd game very different than players after completing their second game... so yeah.

Jester - ELIM

Spoiler

Says Illwei/Connie is v/v. Hedges on Gears.

I'm conflicted. Reads kind of like heavily defending Alv to me, but I'm not sure. If it was only the first sentence or the second sentence, I'd have no idea... But both just feels like overkill and trying to keep Alv alive to me. - slight elim

Anyway, looking back, I feel like the Connie train was possibly an attempt by the elims to get Connie lynched, and they pulled out later to not look suspicious. That's just my gut feeling looking back at last cycle, and it explains so many people (including myself) reading Connie as village.

Reading pretty heavily and detailed into what the elims might be doing and why Connie survived. Also assuming she is village... Also indirectly either claims village... or elim... not sure which xD, but I always find indirect claims suspicious. Especially as I'm confident the intent is to indirectly claim village. - elim

Maybe a promise for analysis? - elim

Hasn't talked about Quinn yet so idk what to make of that. However village reading Connie (implied) so strongly, and then suddenly turning around and hedging about starting another lynch. Also not sure if this is suggesting a lynch on Connie or Quinn, or just adding votes for Wagonomicsᵀᴹ. But this post isn't inherently suspicious... The following is what makes this suspicious.

The vote count at this point was higher up on the page, and the actual votes were (According to the GM):

• Ookla the Shadowed / Experience (4): Ookla's Dice / Matrim's Dice, Flyingbooks42, Lotus, Quinn0928
  • Ookla the Larkin / Ventyl (2): Ookla the Araris Valerian / Araris Valerian, Ooklil' the Wei / Illwei
  • Quinn0928 (2): STINK, Ookla the Shadowed / Experience
  • Ookla the Araris Valerian / Araris Valerian (1): Somebody from Sel
  • Somebody from Sel (1): TJ Shade
  • Ookla the Grammatical (1): Furamirionind
  • TJ Shade (1): Ookla the Hypodecadal / Devotary of Spontaneity

Now my question is: Why would Experience sharing Sprinkle's suspicion enough to vote on Quinn be suspicious on Sprinkle? Sounds a bit nervous of suspicion to me. -slight elim

Defended Ventyl.

(never voted) - elim

Despite advocating a vote on Connie/Quinn the previous cycle, now trusts both. (Keeps flip flopping) -Elim

Standard survival instinct that seems fairly common recently... Though normally I'd say this is an elim thing, I'm forced to say NAI

Never talked about again. There's no actual indication she did or did not try to look through Quinn's posts. This indicates a lack of effort to solve the game to me. -Elim

This is NAI, but now that Jester has so many posts I'm reading as elim, I can't help but read this as a pocketing attempt. Lol - NAI

6th vote on Ventyl. Once Connie joined my vote on Ventyl, I was 95% sure he was getting lynched, even though she was only the second vote. (momentum does a lot in these games, ooh and it's the funnest thing to manipulate)... So I personally don't give much village cred to anyone voting after Connie. Sprinkle's was definitely a bandwagon vote. - NAI.

21 hours ago, Ookla the Sprinkle said:

First instinct is that I feel like this makes Fura look pretty good. They were the one who outlined a lot of the reasons to vote Ventyl.

This is one of several posts which say simple generic observations that don't really contribute much. This isn't suspicious unless you're busy or it's your only contribution - slight elim 

Alv - Neutral
If Jester flips elim, I read him slight elim. If Jester flips village, then slight village maybe.

Eternum - Neutral
My read of Eternum is the oposite of my read of Alv. If Alv is village, Eternum I think is evil. If Alv is evil, I think Eturnum is village.

*sobbing cause quicklinks don't exist yet*

Looking back over Books now, and I was very very wrong about Ventyl/Books not being e/e. It was Connie/Ventyl that's not e/e, and I was confusing Connie and Books.

Books - Still elim
Beyond what I mentioned before:

Spoiler

Alvron: Says that claiming Shaman is not a good idea since the elims want the shaman to be dead. Says that they like the big Gears role analysis posts, that Devotary turns out evil when they are read as village D1, that they often "give off neutral vibes," that we should always discuss D1 lynches, that players should give their estimated role distributions, and that they rarely read the rules before the game. Says that both having too few people vote and having everybody, no matter what, vote can both be helpful to the elims.

The only listed player that doesn't actually have a read after it. Increases possibility of a Ventyl, Books, Jester, Alv game.

Only time he talks about Experience, lists as Null.
Also pay attention to his read on SfS

Where Books votes on Experience and creates the counter lynch to Ventyl. Here was the vote count at the time:

• Ookla the Larkin / Ventyl (2): Ookla the Araris Valerian / Araris Valerian, Ooklil' the Wei / Illwei
  • Ookla the Shadowed / Experience (1): Ookla's Dice / Matrim's Dice
  • Somebody from Sel (1): TJ Shade
  • Ookla the Araris Valerian / Araris Valerian (1): Ookla the Shadowed / Experience
  • Quinn0928 (1): STINK
  • Ookla the Grammatical (1): Furamirionind
  • Gears (1): Quinn0928

Why would Books vote on Experience (a null read) over SfS (an elim read)? We know village!Books still had an elim read on SfS due to voting on them the cycle after this... So why not vote on D2? Also Books had yet to give a read on Ventyl or myself so I think more likely a village!Books would have voted on Ventyl/SfS/Fura. This seems to be not keeping true to one's suspicions when a(n) (valuable) elim is up for the lynch

That being said, this is NOT damning. Just something I noticed.

Granted, I think there is enough other damning evidence without this being damning so... whatever. xD

Edited by Furamirionind
spoilered for length

6 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Alv - Neutral
If Jester flips elim, I read him elim. If Jester flips village, then slight village maybe.

Eternum - Neutral
My read of Eternum is the oposite of my read of Alv. If Alv is village, Eternum I think is evil. If Alv is evil, I think Eturnum is village.

*sobbing cause quicklinks don't exist yet*

What if Jester and Eternum both flip the Elim?  Will that cause you to implode? L9mhhdOjPb7lgyrmc8QArlTtk7k7nPS0lkpyb9W__PEOOlEsqN_mAiGQ2Ru1f2ZGG_hiaPKtrGR47DYyhbPg22K8DiuUrs1laAPMe8oKpLpUeRUgZByV8b-j0KcME9g9RLCzeEUu  What if I'm neither Elim or Village?

*Yeah, why aren't quicklinks being added anymore?*

2 minutes ago, Ookla Fell From The Sky said:

Uhhh... am I supposed to do quicklinks? I thought whoever merged the threads was. I'm 87% sure that's Elbereth but I also have no idea it just happens.

Normally the one that merges the threads does the quicklinks as they are the ones that can edit a locked thread.