I did read your analysis, although it would have been nicer if it were all together. :P

Yeah, I think you could probably convince me to join you on Ventyl. There was one point you made that started weaker but ended stronger. The one about wasting a lynch to save your life? Yeah, I've thought about that and in the past, I might have done it, but what this implies to me is that they've got an important role. There aren't many important roles left, and I don't think they're the Stone Shaman. ( ;) ) And then you put the icing on the cake by mentioning their previous games.

So this is currently a poke vote with the ability to morph into a real vote: Ventyl. Want to defend yourself? Fura did make some really good points. @Ookla the Larkin

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Yeah, I think you could probably convince me to join you on Ventyl. There was one point you made that started weaker but ended stronger. The one about wasting a lynch to save your life? Yeah, I've thought about that and in the past, I might have done it, but what this implies to me is that they've got an important role. There aren't many important roles left, and I don't think they're the Stone Shaman. ( ;) ) And then you put the icing on the cake by mentioning their previous games.

bolding is mine.

More accurately, it means they have an important role from their perspective. All elims are important from their perspective. There are some games where there are important village roles, but this isn't one of them. If you have a shard blade, you're important, but the role gets moved to another, so it's not crucial you survive. The Shaman isn't even that important honestly. They exist to stop the elims from winning via shardblades, but they already can't do that. They also exist to try to maybe manipulate the games via thread/PMs using their info... but like, Ventyl isn't doing that... 

So basically, an elim will always have an "important role" regardless of their role, and a villager will not. Due to this is does become a good elim finding strategy.

One last thing to think about... is the game is almost over. We need to assume this is our final mislynch. Due to this, wasting a lynch to save a valuable role, only makes sense when that role can singlehandedly win a game. This makes sense for alignment scanners and kill roles... but whoever has Chana seems to not be planning on using their powers for killing... And there needs to be confidence that they can hit an elim... 

EDIT:

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Fura  

Um... Why? Lol
Also, want to join my Ventyl vote? everyone seems reluctant to vote on them so I'm getting more confident they're evil.

Edited by Furamirionind

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

bolding is mine.

More accurately, it means they have an important role from their perspective. All elims are important from their perspective. There are some games where there are important village roles, but this isn't one of them. If you have a shard blade, you're important, but the role gets moved to another, so it's not crucial you survive. The Shaman isn't even that important honestly. They exist to stop the elims from winning via shardblades, but they already can't do that.

Yeah, that's true. They're Honorblades, by the way. A couple of people have mixed that up.

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Mmmm I’m suspicious of Ventyl but I also feel suspicious of you. Perhaps

You're suspicious of me yet you're taking your vote off of me?

Feel free to read my 2 long-ish analysis posts if you want more insight into my thinking

EDIT:

Ookla the Larkin/Ventyl (2): Fura, Connie
Fura (1): Ventyl
Connie (1): Araris
Jester/Ookla the Sprinkle (1): Eternum

Edited by Furamirionind

6 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

but whoever has Chana seems to not be planning on using their powers for killing... And there needs to be confidence that they can hit an elim... 

Which is why they should give it to me.  :) 

6 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Also, want to join my Ventyl vote? everyone seems reluctant to vote on them so I'm getting more confident they're evil.

I;m not entirely certain why but I trust you and it turns out that I'm not going to be on at rollover so ... Ventyl.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Wait - that was long-ish? Well, shoot.

Not sure if you're saying it was actually long (no ish) or short. xD

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I think it was Fura in the field with a Larkin. (Ventyl)

Being color blind makes this difficult, but I think that's a vote...

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I;m not entirely certain why but I trust you and it turns out that I'm not going to be on a rollover so ... Ventyl.

Aw, thanks! I'm just a super trustworthy person... absolutely... 100%...
(I'm going to really be kicking myself if Books is evil, Ventyl is village, and I just chose the wrong one this cycle : / )

Edit:

Was making this post purely for the vote count but forgot the vote count

Ookla the Larkin/Ventyl (4): Fura, Connie, Lotus, Alv
Fura (1): Ventyl
Connie (1): Araris
Jester/Ookla the Sprinkle (1): Eternum

Edited by Furamirionind

4 hours ago, Eternum said:

I don't like the first point at all since I don't think that's a good enough reason to vote anyone, but the second argument is not actually true? When you voted on Fura last cycle, there were 5 votes on them and the person with the second-most votes was Connie at 2. So maybe that's true later on in the cycle but that's not what you're talking about here, unless I'm misinterpreting.

I was mostly just thinking ahead. A lot of votes tend to change later in the cycle, so I figured I was mildly suspicious of Fura, and they would give us information, so I may as well vote.

For this cycle, I’m going to do the same. I’m mildly sus of Ventyl, and others have brought up some good points against them. Their patterns of activity seem consistent with what an elim may do.

As I read through the game, I noticed that Gears was one of the people thinking/saying Mat was likely not a WGG. If the elims were working with Battar, Gears could be one of them.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:08 PM, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I disagree. He's given me plenty of reasoning(PM secrets again) and so I know why he had those reads. Based on lynches and/or night kills, I can work more with those. Very helpful.

On 12/14/2020 at 4:07 PM, Lotus said:

Honestly Fura isn’t my top choice. Thinking it might behoove us to Lynch some more inactive players

I agree with this. Hmm Ventyl falls in this zone...

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

Yeah thats how bad my reads are. Everyones so far on the Elim side that Mist is village because she's null

Do you have more elim/more neutral reads? 

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

Vote Tally:
Fura (2): Mist, Ventyl, Lotus
Connie (1): Araris
Somebody from Sel (0): FlyingBooks
Ookla the Larkin/Ventyl (1): Fura
Jester/Ookla the Sprinkle (1): Eternum

Formatted:
Fura (2): Ventyl, Lotus
Connie (1): Araris
Ookla the Larkin/Ventyl (1): Fura
Jester/Ookla the Sprinkle (1): Eternum

@Ookla the Mistiosa - I was a fan of your posts to begin with where you voted on me, though a tad saddened you have yet to follow those up with a vote on anyone else... Could I convince you to join me on Ventyl?

Since it seems to be the trend, Hey Shaman... oh whatever.

I do agree that Ventyl is suspicious. The fact that his lynch is being pushed by someone I'm suspicious of makes me nervous. 

55 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I did read your analysis, although it would have been nicer if it were all together. :P

So this is currently a poke vote with the ability to morph into a real vote: Ventyl. Want to defend yourself? Fura did make some really good points. @Ookla the Larkin

Ventyl's going to be gone until Day 5...

The bandwagon makes me nervous, as does who was pushing it at first. A unified vote doesn't help quite as much with info as if it's spread out, although we don't want vote manip to interfere. 

I'll vote Somebody for not being helpful this cycle and stating he's village (well, I guess that's part of not being helpful and you'd kinda have to say that but idk).

Gears if elims with Battar possible elim

Somebody Kinda sus for stating he's village

Araris pushing for good things

Ventyl Sus

Devotary kinda village

Lotus null

Connie kinda trust 

Kings null

Stink uhhh what is he doing =P 

Jester null

Alvron not sure what to think about Chanarach request. 

Eternum null

Fura Kinda sus

Oh yeah PMs I should do those. Or y'all can. I'll talksies 

Sorry my playstyle is half grammarful and half me being done/tired therefore random edit: okay not random just not grammarful

Edited by Ookla the Mistiosa

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Mistiosa said:

Ventyl's going to be gone until Day 5...

Connie kinda trust 

Sorry my playstyle is half grammarful and half me being done/tired therefore random

Oh shoot... maybe I should change my vote? I feel bad about lynching someone while they're gone.

Yay, Mist kind of trusts me! Hey, you should PM me. I don't have the time right now.

*glares*