Izzy-daughter-Ammi needed a breath of fresh air.

The building that housed their group and the precious Honorblades, while majestic, had a trapping feeling. Maybe it was all the dark corridors that people invariably got stabbed in. The combination of wooden structures and no Stormlight lamps meant nights were dark. On some days, it felt better that way. Izzy could look outside and see the sky scattered with stars.

This wasn't really one of those days. She wasn't supposed to go outside, especially at night like this. Not with what she carried. Which is why she was on the rooftop instead of in 

But... watching the grass, bending yet resolute... was rather soothing.

She listened for a gust of wind to make the grass blow. Instead Izzy heard the sounds of footsteps behind her. She stretched out her hand, but it was too late - the knife flashed, and the Honorblade she'd been about to summon clattered to the rooftop.

Her dying eyes saw a single blade quiver in the field below.

A blade quivered below. One quivered by her side. One quivered in her heart. It was almost poetry.

The ominous kind.

Alvron has been killed! They were a member of the Shin High Council and the Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade!

Shalash's Honorblade is available to be claimed by Alvron's killer! If it remains unclaimed, it will be redistributed at the end of the turn.

PMS ARE NOW CLOSED, and will remain closed until they are reopened. Please stop PMing or creating new PMs. (When PMs open again you can resume your old PMs, you don't have to start new ones. In fact, please don't do that...

The Day Turn will end at 5:00 PM PST on December 21st, in about 48 hours. Get your actions in!

Other Note: Ookla Season ends... today? tomorrow? So if you change your name back, please make a post in-thread saying so. It helps with @ functions and writing names and things.

Honorblade List:

Spoiler
  • Jezrien's Honorblade: 
    • Adhesion and Gravitation

• Chanarach’s Honorblade:
    • Division and Abrasion

• Vedel’s Honorblade:
    • Abrasion and Progression

• Pailiah’s Honorblade:
    • Progression and Illumination

• Shalash’s Honorblade: Currently Unclaimed
    • Illumination and Transformation

• Battar’s Honorblade: Removed by Battar
    • Transformation and Transportation

• Kalak’s Honorblade:
    • Transportation and Cohesion

• Ishar’s Honorblade:
    • Tension and Adhesion

• Nightblood:
    • Unblockable Roleblock + Kill (4 Stormlight)
    • Unblockable Roleblock + Kill (0 Stormlight, unblockably kills user (single use))

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Gears - Roko
  2. Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) Shin High Council
  3. Quinn0928 - Lin-daughter-Lanari / Rinala Rades Shin High Council and Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  4. Ookla's Dice (Matrim's Dice) - Daziron-son-Odium - Battar and Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  5. Ookla the Disproportionate (Danex) Truthless and Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  6. @Somebody from Sel - 
  7. @Araris Valerian - Hadrian-son-Penrod
  8. TJ Shade - Galatar Shin High Council and Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  9. Ookla the Larkin (Ventyl) - The Larkin SzethBearer of Nightblood and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  10. Ookla the Shadowed (Experience) - Shadow Shin High Council and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  11. Ookla the Hypodecadal (Devotary of Spontaneity) - Ganeth-null-Shantis-Mawelar - Vyre and Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade
  12. Flyingbooks42 - Tsezn Szeth's Cohort
  13. @Lotus - Sunwalker
  14. @CondensationViola-daughter-Condensation
  15. @Ookla who goes DORIYAH!! (Vasher212) - Gunandwaf-son-Warbreaker
  16. @Mist - 
  17. @Vapor
  18. @Whysper
  19. @STINK
  20. Ookla the Sprinkle (JesterLavorre) - Jes-son-Laal - Shin High Council
  21. Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi / Izzy DedyetShin High Council and Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  22. @Eternum - 
  23. @Furamirionind 

Edited by Ookla Fell From The Sky
Alv's alignment was a different color...

I have also changed my name back.

1. @Gears
  2. @Somebody from Sel 
  3. @Lotus 
  4. @Ookla the Grammatical 
  5. @Ookla who goes DORIYAH!! 
  6. @Mist 
  7. @Vapor
  8. @Whysper
  9. @STINK
  10. @Eternum 

Everyone listed here has been kinda quiet (at least in the thread). I know last cycle was pretty boring, but please try to contribute as much as you can moving forward.

58 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I have also changed my name back.

1. @Gears
  2. @Somebody from Sel 
  3. @Lotus 
  4. @Ookla the Grammatical 
  5. @Ookla who goes DORIYAH!! 
  6. @Mist 
  7. @Vapor
  8. @Whysper
  9. @STINK
  10. @Eternum 

Everyone listed here has been kinda quiet (at least in the thread). I know last cycle was pretty boring, but please try to contribute as much as you can moving forward.

What? Are you calling me quiet in the thread?

Never heard that one before. I couldn't get on much yesterday or today, but I was still more talkative than probably half of the people.

And I've changed my name back!

Alright Alv... I'm sorry to see you go... It's nice to see convinced my reads are wrong...my paranoia about you was unfounded... Even when I'm confident my reads of you are correct, I just always am convinced I very much could be wrong.

So welcome everyone to D1 again, we have a bit more info than before, but due to Ventyl being minimally active and Books doing a superb job not giving us info on players despite being active and providing real content, we don't have as much as I'd like.

I would like to stab-voteᵀᴹ STINK. @STINK

This is because I have no read on him, and have no idea how to get a read on him. I may or may not change my vote if I find someone more suspicious.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
26 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Looks like we’re voting early!!!!

Somebody from Sel

Really? I've been having problems with my phone and haven't been very active. I missed a entire cycle, I probably should have been warned.

1. Gears - slight sus: rather inactive
  2. Somebody - sus
  3. Araris - village
  4. Lotus - slight vill her vote switch helped tip the scales. Also participating 
  5. Connie - slight trust. Possibly defensive at being called less active
  6. Doriyah - sus. Do you not already have reads? I'd love to hear them...
  7. Mist - Tria Night, if you wish for a name, Ash.
  8. Vapor - null come talksies Come! I wouldn't be surprised if elims were lurking. 
  9. Whysper - null come talksies
  10. STINK - null also I love the background on your profile
  11. Eternum - kinda sus asked Shaman to contact them also dost thou exist
  12. Fura - village for strongly pushing Ventyl's removal, activity 

Let's provide reasons for votes, please.

18 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Really? I've been having problems with my phone and haven't been very active. I missed a entire cycle, I probably should have been warned.

Also, we didn't know that, and often elims can avoid the vote by lurking. This seems a bit defensive. 

3 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Poke on Eternum, I guess?

Anything you've noticed as you've read the thread? Any reads? *stabby stabby vote* Once I'm satisfied I'll go push/stab sometime else. (Poke votes aren't hard) (hey wait I'm poke voting.) (I did reads too, though) (I know it's tricky for pinch hitters) (if you have to mostly ignore past cycles it's better than not posting at all)

(I recognize I'm not voting on the people I read as sus currently, but some of them have actually showed up, and I think we need more activity [sorry] or else the thread may just die.)

7 minutes ago, Mist said:

Anything you've noticed as you've read the thread? Any reads? *stabby stabby vote* Once I'm satisfied I'll go push/stab sometime else. (Poke votes aren't hard) (hey wait I'm poke voting.) (I did reads too, though) (I know it's tricky for pinch hitters) (if you have to mostly ignore past cycles it's better than not posting at all)

(I recognize I'm not voting on the people I read as sus currently, but some of them have actually showed up, and I think we need more activity [sorry] or else the thread may just die.)

I actually didn’t have time to finish the thread. I haven’t been on the computer much lately. I’m only about halfway through. Not many reads, though.

With books flipping evil, I think that pushes both SfS and Lotus to village as they were both targets of Books. SfS less so, Books cast suspicion on him early, but never pushed him, and when he voted SfS, quickly retracted his vote when he got pushback from SfS. I think this indicated SfS as village, but honestly I can't make assumptions like that after seeing books play. That being said, I'm still going to lean that way.

Village:
Araris - After rereading interaction with Ventyl, there's no way I can reasonably see them being e/e. Ventyl's reaction to Araris' vote just seemed too spontaneous to me.
Condensation - Books/Connie could be e/e... so not as confirmed as Araris, but I'm trying not to tin foil this game. Lol

Slight Village:
Lotus:
Was a village read, but had to bring down to a slight village due to this post, which is a joke, but reads to me like Lotus already knows Ventyl is an elim and voting me. Lotus is still a village read for me though due to the sheer amount of posts they have been at odds with Ventyl.

Ookla who goes DORIYAH!! (Vasher212):
Just a gut read. Also new.

Neutral:
Eturnum
Mist, Whysper, Vapor - Current guess is 1/3 of these is an elim, but no idea

Slight Elim:
STINK - SfS/Stink not e/e
Somebody from Sel - Was slight village due to being targeted by Books, but so was Ventyl and I thought Ventyl/Books was e/v for a while. SfS defended himself to several people but not to Books. Lastly seemed to overreact when being voted on this cycle. As someone who's most recent game was an incredibly frustrating elim game, I see this as a possible reaction like that. Was semi-active, comes back and the most powerful role as well as another elim have been lynched and it feels game over. If this is the case, I can sympathize, but it does seem like that to me.

Elim:
Gears - super sus. Idk why. If SfS flips evil, he defended gears early on when he was looking to possibly get lynched D1.

Who's my vote on right now? Oh STINK

Somebody from Sel

I agree with Fura on Connie. This post by Books is the reason, aside from the D4 Ventyl lynch:

The people who posted a lot who I have fairly solid reads on but don't want to reread all of the posts of:

Connie: It feels like people are tunneling too much on her. This all started with a "be more careful" which got blown out of proportion. She's explained why she's more calm than usual, why she started the D1 lynch discussion, etc. to a degree when but many people are still on her.

I don't think an elim would defend a teammate so strongly on D1 (this is one of Books's most solid reads). There's also the last minute vote on Ventyl during D2, which is very village if we have accounted for the vote manip not coming from the elims. 

Gears was briefly a lynch option on D1, but that never really picked up, mostly because a lot of what he said was normal Gears stuff. He was fine with either a Connie or a Danex lynch, which could be an elim mindset.

These posts from STINK (referring to Matrim) make me think he's village:

Kinda jealous you got a unique role

This is the worse alternative, just tell us what happens when u win holding honourblades

Aside from being surprisingly accurate, I don't think an elim would express concern over a neutral like this. They'd just keep the information to themselves. This also doesn't really fit with the elims trying to kill Matrim on N3.

So far the biggest thing about SfS is this vote on me:

Araris is my biggest suspicion at the moment (that already has a vote)

Gut read, not much though. Araris, I just get a Elim vibe from you. I would prefer a TJ lynch, but they don't have any votes.

I feel that an elim might be less willing to vote on me (with no reason) due to my reputation, and the explanation here seems fairly honest. It's really not much to go off of, but I have a slight village read on SfS here.

Lotus was voted on by Books during D3:

I'm going to vote on Lotus even though it probably won't make a difference this cycle. I've been reading Lotus as suspicious for a while because they've been consistently vague and haven't really added anything or shared any insights or analysis.

This was pretty close to the end of the cycle, so there wasn't really any chance of Lotus getting lynched. Not sure if this was distancing or not, but it makes me lean village on Lotus.

In D4 there were 3 votes on Fura in quick succession: Mist, Ventyl, and Lotus. This makes me less suspicious of Mist and Lotus, since elims probably wouldn't want to vote in a block like that.

I'd also like to make note of the elim kills:

N1: Matrim
N2: Illwei
N3: Matrim
N4: Devotary
N5: Alvron

In particular, I doubt STINK would be on a team that would kill Matrim if they thought he was Neutral. Eternum knew Devotary had a kill, so I'd say that he has a higher chance of being an elim as a result. Alvron seems like a pretty straightforward kill, while Illwei seems a little less clear.

And that's pretty much everything, which puts my village reads as the following, from strongest to weakest:

Fura
Connie
STINK
Lotus
SfS
Mist

Elim reads are (albeit rather weak):

Eternum
Gears (way less confident than Eternum)

I'm also happy with lynching Vapor, Whysper, or Vasher, but the Devotary role thing with Eternum is the most concrete thing I have right now.

I also knew Mat was neutral from N1, even before I made contact with Devotary, so I wouldn't have attacked him at all. Especially not a second time.

Mat trusted me because I used Tension on him N1, to confirm I had Ishar's Blade. It was subsequently taken from me, but Mat should have confirmed this to at least someone else, and I believe I made this same claim while he was still alive. Were I elim, there would logically be consequences to that, either from Ishar's Bearer or the Shaman contacting someone they trust to tell them I'm lying, or Mat outing me immediately. Neither of these have happened, and add onto this the fact that the elims attacked Mat twice.. I don't see how these circumstances can lead to elim!me.

I knew Devotary had a kill ever since she killed TJ, and I didn't influence her on whom she should kill after that. If I were elim, and intended to kill her, I would have done so immediately after finding out who she was. It's possible that the elims were holding the identity of the other neutral over Devotary and saying if she helped them they'd let her win, and after Mat managed to win they killed her just so she wouldn't out them, but something about that scenario doesn't sit right with me. Either way, I think killing Devotary was rather boring of them.

I don't have much else to add, honestly, partly because I've been fairly busy lately.

I'm willing to vote SfS over Lotus, and I'm fairly certain there's an elim between Whysper, Vapor and Mist. I trust Connie and Fura. Araris as well, though maybe a little less, but that's mostly because I haven't talked to him as much.

11 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

There's also the last minute vote on Ventyl during D2, which is very village if we have accounted for the vote manip not coming from the elims.

Was the vote manipulation claimed by anyone?

4 hours ago, Eternum said:

Mat trusted me because I used Tension on him N1, to confirm I had Ishar's Blade. It was subsequently taken from me, but Mat should have confirmed this to at least someone else, and I believe I made this same claim while he was still alive. Were I elim, there would logically be consequences to that, either from Ishar's Bearer or the Shaman contacting someone they trust to tell them I'm lying, or Mat outing me immediately. Neither of these have happened, and add onto this the fact that the elims attacked Mat twice.. I don't see how these circumstances can lead to elim!me.

When was Ishar's Blade taken from you? BTW, what are the ways a blade can be taken? Just the Stone Shaman reclaim, or is there a way for a player to steal a blade? I didn't see anything about this in the Surges.

Edited by Whysper

16 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Was the vote manipulation claimed by anyone?

When was Ishar's Blade taken from you? BTW, what are the ways a blade can be taken? Just the Stone Shaman reclaim, or is there a way for a player to steal a blade? I didn't see anything about this in the Surges.

Devotary claimed to me that cycle, and I believe to Fura later on, that she manipulated that vote.

Night 1. Stone Shaman reclaim, as far as I'm aware. Reclaim happens after Surge actions, for the record.

Edited by Eternum

58 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Devotary claimed to me that cycle, and I believe to Fura later on, that she manipulated that vote.

Ahhh, Devotary was one of those secret roles, correct? With the Jezrien's Blade. BTW, is there info on those secret roles? I just saw the death message declaring them as the secret role. But I wasn't sure if anything indicated whether that role was village-aligned or elim-aligned or some other win-con.

On D2, I saw that there was also vote manipulation to remove a vote off Quinn. So that must have been with Ishar's Blade.

Kings_Way - Neutral
Has added very little original content. The only original thing is:

Which ended up being incorect... However he he is casting suspicion on Connie. If Connie is a villager, this looks suspicious being the only content he has given. If Connie is an elim... He's probably not an elim. He's also one of the few people in this game actively thinking about secrets despite being minimally active. This makes him a prime target for possibly being a secret himself.

I'm going to put my vote on Vapor.

The previous player Kings_Way has some suspicious sounding posts, and Vapor hasn't done much to improve that. Like in the above quote, Fura pointed out how Kings_Way hadn't been doing much yet took the time to cast suspicion on Connie.

On 12/9/2020 at 0:35 AM, Flyingbooks42 said:

As I said last cycle, the Shaman shouldn't pass all of the Honorblades which they retrieve to one specific person, especially if that person is publically known, since the elims could simply kill them to get an easy motherlode of Honorblades. This post slightly increases my suspicions of you because it seems very elim-y overall, since you ask for the Shaman to claim to you and give you blades now that you're trusted, which would both be very helpful to the elims.

Yeah, don't give the blades to one person. Even if somehow you are 100% sure they are Vil (which I don't know how that would happen, because the Shaman can't use the Honorblades, but maybe secrets) if they die, you've lost the control you have.

There was also this reply to a comment Books made about the Shaman and the Honorblades. Books was doing this to appear Village, and it feels like Kings_Way was also just adding onto this comment to appear Village as well.

Later, when Vapor replaced in, they did hop onto the Books wagon, but that was already a certain lynch, so again, probably for Village credit.

Edited by Whysper
Added vote for Vapor

8 hours ago, Eternum said:

This just requires you being honest about actually starting with Ishar, right? And that is compatible with you being an elim. While Tension is a strong ability for the elims, the fact you immediately lost the blade means it can’t have been too overpowered.