Long Game 71: A Cosmere Odyssey

Straw

Continuing from page 2:

13 hours ago, eltruT said:

Wow i should have noticed this. No, i think mist might be HI. Also, I think condensation isn’t elim, mostly because she’s asking questions that could be asked in the elim doc. Also, I realize I don’t have any way to clear myself, so I’m going to do something I might not want to do. I am a loyal regular. What a boring role.

Once again, we cannot vote out the HI. Even if we could, we shouldn't. Could be a genuinely villager who didn't know the rules, or could be an elim letting it slip trying to vote out HI (again, without knowing the rules). I'm leaning towards the former.

12 hours ago, Illwei said:

You (turtle) coming out and immediately trying to find the HI comes off village. (it ends up being IKYK I guess, and I overthink everything so-) but a possibility is you target Mist under the guise of you trying to find the HI, and that gives you instant village points. who knows. probably not. You do seem kinda different this game, bit it's been too long for me to tell without reading back through that one.

As stated above, trying to eliminate HI does NOT come off as village. xD

12 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Probably my greatest suspicion right now is Illwei, for the vote on Gears. I have a slight village read on Turtle, since the vote on Mist seems sincere to me.

What part of Turtle's vote on Mist was sincere. That they're sincerely trying to find HI? What are your thoughts on what I've said about Turtle targeting Mist under the hunch of HI!Mist given that it's a contributory to elim! win con?

10 hours ago, Whysper said:

You are really too paranoid about getting pocketed. :)

If that's too paranoid for you, welcome to SE. xD Heh, you should meet Kas. 

I've got village read on Illwei, and Danex, from the couple of posts they made. Not sure if Mist is being deliberately suspicious as HI!Mist could do that to waste a whole voting cycle. Gut elim on Devotary, which is weird because I always gut read her as village. Confused about Turtle and null about everyone else. Depending on Mist's alignment, Vapor could also be elim (re: previous post in which I stated e/e feel on their interaction). 

2 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

What part of Turtle's vote on Mist was sincere. That they're sincerely trying to find HI? What are your thoughts on what I've said about Turtle targeting Mist under the hunch of HI!Mist given that it's a contributory to elim! win con?

If we lynch the HI before the village Hemalurgists are dead, the HI survives, which is kind of a giveaway. It’s actually against the elim win con. Which means you probably aren’t elim either.

7 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Confused about Turtle

Ah well. I'm new and this is my first game as village. I don't really know how to play. Umm... don't Lynch me? Im still intimidated.

So yeah, don't kill HI. Again, I don't have any fun powers this game. Not even the power to kill people. Does anyone want me to like, say anything? 

Edit: I was ninja'd. I agree with what is said above.

Edited by eltruT

14 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

I've got village read on Illwei

Was going to say something, but I guess you haven't gotten here yet? I did just make a post about wanting to find the HI, so...

EDIT: araris, how does TJ wanting to not find the HI come off as village if you think we should find the HI? I would think that the village would think more about it.

Edited by Illwei

17 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Once again, we cannot vote out the HI. Even if we could, we shouldn't.

Actually we should while the village Hemalurgists are alive. The HI can't be killed during this time, so if we find out now, we can avoid killing the HI later if the village Hemalurgists are all gone. I think a couple others are saying the same thing, while some people are still confused, so I just wanted to help clarify this as well.

Hemalurgic Intelligence: You've managed to become intelligent and figure out that your best shot at freedom is to join the mutiny. You are immune to any attempts to kill you (this ability also protects from the vote). If you are targeted with a kill, it will be announced in the writeup.

EDIT: Though finding elims is really the main push. Finding HI is probably still a secondary goal and would just be a nice bonus if we could.

Edited by Whysper

3 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Actually we should while the village Hemalurgists are alive. The HI can't be killed during this time, so if we find out now, we can avoid killing the HI later if the village Hemalurgists are all gone. I think a couple others are saying the same thing, while some people are still confused, so I just wanted to help clarify this as well.

The only problem is the HI can be killed when no Hemalurgists are left, right? That would mean that if the elims kill all the hemalurgists the can then kill the HI quickly.

Edited by eltruT
elims not slims

2 minutes ago, eltruT said:

The only problem is the HI can be killed when no Hemalurgists are left, right? That would mean that if the elims kill all the hemalurgists the can then kill the HI quickly.

The thing is (and people have been saying this for a while) we don't want to kill the HI. If we do then we will go into LyoL and that could go very wrong.

1 minute ago, eltruT said:

Yes, but we'll know when theyre dead. I mean, not all of them, but if two die thats more than enough for me to be wary. The thing is I'd rather beat the elims to finding them. If the elims do fond the HI, then i guess we might have some lead still

3 minutes ago, eltruT said:

How many hemalurgists are there? Are we allowed to know that?

Personally I think that there are as many as the elims- 1 or 2 (so 2 or 3 [best case scenario 4])

Edit: actually there would be 3 hemalurgists at the least because I'm pretty sure that there is going to be at least 1 elim in the doc and if there are only 2 people that's not good because people need to be able to find out who the elim is in the doc and if there is only 2 people it's just process of elimination.

Edited by Shard of Reading

15 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

If we lynch the HI before the village Hemalurgists are dead, the HI survives, which is kind of a giveaway. It’s actually against the elim win con. Which means you probably aren’t elim either.

10 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Was going to say something, but I guess you haven't gotten here yet? I did just make a post about wanting to find the HI, so...

15 minutes ago, Whysper said:

All three of you think that we should try to find out the HI by voting them out, but I'm kinda confused because:

• It's a wasted cycle because we have no elimination.
  • Even if we do find out the HI, I don't see the advantages. You're telling that knowing HI would help us avoid killing it (not sure if you guys are also telling we should proactively protect the HI as well). But that doesn't matter because we do not know when all the village Hemalurgists are dead, as we do not know the total no of Hemalurgists. The only ones who would know are the elim!Hemalurgists in the Hemalurgist doc. We do not have to worry about avoiding taking out the HI because elims will know before us and they'll kill HI the very next turn before we know if all the village!Hemalurgists are eliminated. 

Also forgot to do this in the last post - Mist. Reasoning in my first post i.e. stating the most obvious to appear helpful.

7 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Oh wow. I just woke up and there's already a hundred posts. Guess I got work to do now. I'll see y'all on the other side.

My thoughts exactly!

Also, hey Aman! It’s been awhile since I’ve played a game with you! Please don’t pocket me again :ph34r:

Edited by Ventyl
wording

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

I'm still reading through the past 5 pages. I thought I would like activity!!

Currently all I have to say is that connie seems to be acting normal. I'll probably have more in depth thoughts by the end of reading through.

Edit: @Condensation pleeeease don't stop asking questions. The more you talk the more people can find out about you. It's ok to have questions. I don't find them dumb.

Also, villagers if you don't have a role play like a hemalurgist. We don't want the elims to find the real hemalurgists, so if you can distract them from killing a real hemalurgist that's good.

That is all my good chap! *adjusts monocle*

Okay. Thanks? I think?(about the first part)

35 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Is it weird that I keep reading HI as hi, but really enthusiastically?

No, I keep doing the same. I have to think for a second before I remember.

Viola ran across the deck and hid behind a pile of life preservers.

37 minutes ago, eltruT said:

No, the elims can't kill the HI. They can only start to work with the HI and improve it, but they can't kill it.

The Traitors are not allowed to use any kills on the Hemalurgic Intelligence.

11 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Even if we find the HI, we'd be in later game, and once all hemalurgists die its going to be very hard to find the elims without triggering the event.

Right. If all the villager Hemalurgists die, the HI in effect becomes a jester-type figure who tries to get themselves killed. So they will intentionally act suspicious and it will become tough for us to kill elims without accidentally killing the HI. The elims can't kill the HI themselves. Only villagers can kill the HI after the villager Hemalurgists are gone.

EDIT: I'm quoting the two parts about the HI so that everyone can read these again and hopefully get a better understanding of the situation.

One other factor that can affect these two win conditions is the Hemalurgic Intelligence. In addition to not counting towards win conditions, its death will cause an emergency on the ship as many systems shut off. If the HI dies, nights will stop happening, the inactivity filter will stop, and any Loyal Cremember death will cause the Traitors to win instantly. The Traitors are not allowed to use any kills on the Hemalurgic Intelligence.

Hemalurgic Intelligence: You've managed to become intelligent and figure out that your best shot at freedom is to join the mutiny. You are immune to any attempts to kill you (this ability also protects from the vote). If you are targeted with a kill, it will be announced in the writeup. In addition, your actions cannot be roleblocked by the Awakener. Each night, you can discover a player's role. If every Loyal Crewmember Hemalurgist is dead, the Traitors are able to make some improvements to you. You will then lose your kill immunity and gain access to the Traitor Google Document. You do not count for the purposes of deciding win conditions.

Edited by Whysper

ok, this makes sense. Basically if we kill the HI we need to be certain of who the elims are, because then we will be able to just Lynch them all. However, the likelihood of all the Village being certain of who the elims are is incredibly slim so we probably shouldn't kill the HI. Thank you for quoting it. I don't have much else to say, I know I said I had a math test but then someone kicked me out the teams meeting, so I had time to write stuff. 

Edited by eltruT
There, condensation must be so happy!

2 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Right. If all the villager Hemalurgists die, the HI in effect becomes a jester-type figure who tries to get themselves killed. So they will intentionally act suspicious and it will become tough for us to kill elims without accidentally killing the HI. The elims can't kill the HI themselves. Only villagers can kill the HI after the villager Hemalurgists are gone.

Well, yes. But my point was if the elim team figures out who it is it might be easy for them to push.

Im thinking 4 elims one HI.

@Experience where you be at?

9 minutes ago, eltruT said:

ok, this makes sense. Bassicly if we kill the HI we need to be certain of who the elims are, because then we will be able to just Lynch them all. However, the likelyhood of all the Village being certain of who the elims are is incredibly slim so we probably shouldn't kill the HI. Thank you for quoting it. I don't have much else to say, I know I said I had a math test but then someone kicked me out the teams meeting, so I had time to write stuff. 

*Basically, likelihood

Just now, Illwei said:

Well, yes. But my point was if the elim team figures out who it is it might be easy for them to push.

Yes, that's an additional point but doesn't really contradict the gist of what I'm saying. The HI will try to get themselves killed by villagers if all villager Hemalurgists are dead. The elims, who automatically know the HI at that point, will also work on pushing to kill the HI. Though they will probably be careful about this because once the HI flips, everyone on the wagon will look suspicious.