Wyrmhero

8 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Something tells me Drought has been lurking alot, and getting slight elim reads from him.

I really haven't been, the times that I have been on I've posted. Which has been.... 3 times now?

Most of when I was like LG39! Yeah! was when rollover was going on. But...I have no proof of that so...keep thinking the way that you are thinking.
White text is fun.
I still don't have any major reads on anyone, but I do have a bit of a plan, that I will share with...someone in case I die tonight, or get converted. Not much but still something to look into. I will share it tomorrow, so...yeah.

We only have about 6 hours left in this cycle, so...

1. @Arinian
  2. @Seonid
  3. @Orlok Tsubodai
  4. @Steeldancer
  5. @Straw
  6. @Jondesu
  7. @Araris Valerian
  8. @Elbereth
  9. @Paranoid King
  10. @Frozen Mint
  11. @Doc12
  12. @Davus

Well for some reason I can't tag Davus...so...

If you guys would be so kind as to post your thoughts within the next 6 hours, or at least let us know that you are alive, it would be much appreciated.

There isn't really much to say. For future reference, I don't consider it necessary to post during night cycles, as compared to days. I mean, half the "discussion" tonight has been about Joe's mug.

I was fairly confident that Aman was village but also agree that his plan wasn't super helpful. Now we don't have to waste a lynch D3 on him or worry that the elims will get a list of roles from him, so I'm content with the outcome.

Edit: For some reason my posts always like to land on a new page...

Edited by Araris Valerian

I don't feel a need to say much either, considering the way things turned out.  There will almost certainly be a conversion tonight, but we have little to go on when guessing who.  I'm just going to be watching for any changes in position/playstyle, but this early in the game it's not going to be easy to see.

Day 2: Phantom Thief

Waern was awoken by a crash in the night. An almighty thunderous smashing, shattering and splintering that reverberated through his ears and made him sit upright in his bed.

“Lord Ruler, what was that?” he asked, throwing the duvet off and quickly throwing on a cloak over his nightclothes. Had they come for him? Did the skaa wish to try and face him for the key to escape? Well, he would not face them unprepared. From under his pillow, he grabbed a pair of obsidian daggers, tucking them in the belt, before unlocking his bedroom door and peering out.

The corridor was empty, which was as much a relief to him as it was a disappointment. He lit a candle and crept out, following the source of the noise. He stepped carefully and slowly, every footstep on the cold stone ground prickling his skin. He shielded the light of the candle with his hand, every moment he remained hidden potentially crucial.

A light shone ahead of him, as someone hooded and cloaked left a room and made to follow down the corridor in front of him. Waern crept down the corridor after them, and was pleased to be rewarded for his caution. As they turned to investigate the other light source in the corridor, he started to walk more briskly. The hooded figure was surprised and stood paralysed, as if unsure what to do. Then they dropped their candle to shroud them in darkness, and ran.

Waern grinned and sped up into a run, relishing the pursuit. This was what he was here for, this was his purpose in life, the hunting of the enemies of The Final Empire. All that he could think of was the chase now, the fact that his prey was running before him, and the promotion that was dangling tantalisingly before him.

There was a second crash as Waern tripped over a protruding chair leg in the atrium and collided with the wall of furniture. This was followed by a secondary crash as more wood shattered and fell on him, an avalanche of chairs falling down as if to bury him.

Lord Ruler, what the hell is this?!” he yelled, even though it was unlikely anyone would hear him and come to see what was happening.

Uh… sorry sir...” a voice said from under a few chairs. As his candle rolled towards Waern, it faintly illuminated the face of Joe underneath them..

Obligator,” Waern said, mustering up as much indignation as he could manage in order to hide his embarrassment at the situation, being knocked to the floor and defeated by furniture, “I asked you already; what the hell is this? That racket was you earlier, I assume?”

Well, sir,” Joe said, his mouth rattling off, “seeing as you said no-one was to leave, I thought it would be a good idea to blockade the door as well, so that no-one could even try to pick the lock, sir… Unfortunately, while I was placing the last chair on top, sir, it kind of… Fell on me…”

It kind of fell on you,” Waern repeated, sighing as he shuffled around. Ah, good, there was some give here. He just needed a bit of exertion… Lord Ruler, it was far too early to deal with this. No, it was always too early to deal with this.

Yes, sir,” Joe nodded.

You’re just lucky I’m not stuck here.” He said, heaving himself up and dislodging more chairs. “Though you have stopped me from capturing our likely suspect.” He brushed off some splinters off his coat.

Sorry sir!” Joe said, groaning a little as more of the debris displaced by Waern fell on him. “Uh, sir?”

What?” Waern said, sighing as he picked the candle holder up, and then picked the candle up carefully to place within it. There was no point in running after them now. Whoever it was, they would have disappeared by now.

Can you help me out of here, sir?”

Waern made a show of considering it, before walking away.

Sir!”

You can lie there and think about what you’ve cost us,” Waern yelled back. “Maybe someone will be sympathetic enough to free you in the morning.”

Uh… Very good sir!”

Waern shook his head and returned to the room that the figure had appeared from. His face fell when he realised what room it was. “No, no!” The heavy metal door remained open, the lock damaged and jammed, displaying all that lay inside the vault. Boxings littered the floor haphazardly in a pile, a fortune tossed aside as though it was worthless.

Waern ran inside, scooping up the coins and throwing them aside as he searched for the real prize this room was meant to securely contain. He found it eventually, a small wooden box. The lock was broken on the box too, and he futility tipped it upside down, as though that would make the atium it used to contain magically reappear.

The thief had stolen their atium. That meant that either the skaa was just trying to hurt them financially, or they were going to use them as covert bribes. The first was annoying but seemed like a poor end to years of hiding amongst them, but it would certainly get him into trouble if anyone found out outside these walls. The second though was downright dangerous, and could lead to a cull of this outpost if every bead was not fully accounted for.

No, there was a third potential use here, he realised, with dawning horror. While it was not common knowledge amongst the general nobility, the Steel Ministry knew a lot more about the allomantic arts than they did, and the Inquisition’s knowledge dwarfed even that. The most threatening possibility of all was that the skaa was a Seer, able to use the most powerful metal to see the future. Even without the use of other metals like a Mistborn, they would be almost impossible to kill, and could easily kill anyone here in a fight.

Waern growled and glared at the box, and contemplated throwing it as hard as he could against the wall, just for the cathartic release. Instead, his rage gave way to a sigh of despair, and he let the box fall out of his hands to the ground. He stayed like that for a moment, before rising slowly to his feet. He contemplated calling everyone together to inform them, but dismissed it. There was little that could be done for now. He’d tell everyone else in the morning. Well, it already was the morning. He’d tell everyone else when it wasn’t quite so early, then. For now, he needed to go back to bed.

He doubted though that he would get any sleep.

Day 2 has begun! It will end at 21:00 BST on Saturday 14th.

red_1508011200.png

There is a Tineye alive, so PMs may be continue to be sent.

For the new players who are unfamiliar with our/my writeups, I will just take a moment clarify that the presence of Joe in this writeup at the same time as a mysterious figure appearing means nothing for his alignment. These writeups are just a fun bit of story, and never contain any relevant information you need unless noted otherwise. As GM, the only times I will ever confirm the alignment of a player in this game are privately to the player in their PM at the start of the game, and publicly on the player's death.

Players

1. Alrin (Arinian)
  2. Sheon, formerly of House Idris (Seonid)
  3. Locke, formerly of House Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)
  4. Eobard (Steeldancer)
  5. Straw (Straw)
  6. Quintus, worldhopper (Jondesu)
  7. Hadrian, formerly of House Penrod (Araris Valerian)
  8. John (Shqueeves)
  9. Variel, ambitious and young (StrikerEZ)
  10. Marsh, but not that Marsh (Darkness Ascendant)
  11. Pix (Lemonelon)
  12. Jaina, obsessed with pandas (littlewilson)
  13. Sart (Sart)
  14. Cyfna (Elbereth)
  15. Edguardo 'The Great', long on plans but short on money (Paranoid King)
  16. A Joe in the Bush
  17. Armina, of House Handler (Arranae)
  18. Sony
  19. Mira (frozen Mint)
  20. Rin (doc12)
  21. Gaskon Renaud, who may get around to procrastinating eventually (Amanuensis) - Obligator
  22. DarianHammersmith
  23. Droughtbringer
  24. Davus
  25. Nickel, formerly of House Izenry (Aonar Faileas)

Quick Links:

Day 2 (you are here, in a metaphysical sense)
Edited by Wyrmhero

6 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

White text is fun.

I agree

We only have about 6 hours left in this cycle, so...

1. @Paranoid King

If you guys would be so kind as to post your thoughts within the next 6 hours, or at least let us know that you are alive, it would be much appreciated.

'Sup? I'm busy most of the time with school. 6 hours have passed, but I'm still alive.

My thoughts?

I was pretty sure Aman had an evil plan to stay alive until he'd made 3 converts. Guess not.

It might actually be bad for you to have pewter, because every time you die, people will suspect you of being the seer. Last cycle Striker said that if we killed Aman and he claimed pewter, he'd be off suspicion for a while. No, I don't think so. Even if a pewter-holder was attacked (not lynched), the write-up wouldn't show it, and they'd be under suspicion from their attacker, who would try to attack them again. Being a villager pewter-holder might actually be a detriment, because if they're killed, the village will do everything they can to kill them again. I have no idea how to counter this.

I'm pretty sure the write-up means the seer converted someone, not that the seer tried to convert someone but had their atium stolen before they could.

I'll vote on Straw, because I remember one recent game where straw tried to PM everyone, and it's entirely possible that straw has already PM'd everyone except for me, and nobody's mentioned it yet. (This is a poke-vote, by the way. I haven't had time to analyze last cycle yet. I still have studying to get done.)

15 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Lame. My action failed. Sorry for the mess. :P

Now that it's day, i would like to hear from @Sony about why he wants to vote me. 

More to come in a bit. On my lunch break right now, so i'll be back on in about 5 hours tops.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your action? 

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Pile a bunch of chairs againt the front door to prevent anyone from picking the lock to escape. My chair wall collapsed on me instead. :P

Yeah, it's because of your mug-full of bloody money

Edited by Shqueeves
Autocorrect did a dumb and gave me the wrong your

3 hours ago, Arraenae said:

I think Mint is an elim for adding on to the Aman lynch last cycle and seeming overly lynch-happy.

I voted for Aman because I realized that his plan didn't make much sense. Looking at who's willing to take the risk of reaching out to him is helpful. But in terms of learning more about the Seer's approach to the game via his death on D3, is there really any circumstance where the Seer wouldn't convert him despite his inevitable death? There are cases where the best strategy isn't so clear cut, but this didn't seem to be one of them. Basically, Aman's conversion was inevitable and his death wouldn't tell us anything about the Seer's approach moving forward. By lynching Aman, we've prevented the Seer from gaining information.

Two points on pushing for the lynch. First, I stand by what I said on the lynch giving us information we can use in the long run. Lynches, D1 or not, promote a lot of discussion. The amount of discussion we had wouldn't have happened without the genuine threat of a lynch. You wouldn't even be voting for me if no one was willing to lynch a player on D1 (I think you've come to the wrong conclusion given the evidence but that's another issue :P). I didn't think we were going to hit the Seer. I didn't want to hit the Seer because that would have been a boring game (not true as of my first post but something I felt later on). If we waited until some players were converted, we would have more of a chance on killing an elim, but the elims would have time to plan and discuss while we would be as blind as we were at the start of the game.

Second, if the Seer wanted a lynch, I wouldn't think they'd push too hard for one. It would draw a lot of attention to them. Which I wouldn't think they would do, especially D1. It draws more attention then they'd probably want. Of course, that would also depend on the specific player. But I really don't think my promotion of the lynch makes me suspicious. Maybe if it was a more vocal and experienced player, but I don't see how this reasoning works with me.

Alright, I'm back.

2 hours ago, Straw said:

@Paranoid King I find this really amusing, as I was about to ask if anyone wanted to PM with me, as I have received no PMs. :P Also, you might want to remember that I was a villager in that game.

Heh. That's funny. I don't mind if you PM everybody, as long as you include me. I just don't want to be lonely :(.

Straw.

Anyways, the only thing I can think of to root out the seer from D1 is people's lynch policy. As an elim, I've always found it easier to say a villager is innocent than that one's guilty. I'll generalize this and say the seer would try to advocate someone not dying. This would be smart from the seer's perspective because the seer would look more compassionate and mindful of the village. There are enough firebrands that someone would die anyways, so the seer's opinion wouldn't matter - the village would still kill someone. And because most people were voting for no lynch, it's easier to blend into the crowd if the seer did so too. So I'm willing to bet that the seer is one of the people who stated that they'd rather not lynch someone C1.

So the people who voted for no lynch last cycle are:

• Aman (dead)
  • Striker
  • Shqueeves
  • Sony (Wants discussion on possible lynch candidates, but no actual lynch)
  • Arraenae
  • Aonar
  • Lemonelion
  • Steeldancer
  • Orlok (Wants discussion, but no vote)
  • Darian (First SE game)
  • Jondesu

So I'll be looking at these people for a possible seer.

Striker seems to have PM'd Aman and shared roles with him, then pretty much agreed with all of Aman's plans. I doubt a seer would do that, especially if they were planning to convert Aman for info anyways.

Shqueeves... doesn't quite seem to understand the point of the D1 lynch. After Orlok explained he wanted discussion through the threat of a lynch, he recommended that Orlok vote on himself. That's. Um. Confusing. He also repeated Aman's offer to trade info. I'm not sure whether or not he contacted Aman beforehand or not.

Sony wants a discussion on possible lynch candidates. He doesn't discuss anything for the rest of the day.

Rae originally votes for Orlok for RP purposes, then decides it might be better to not try to hit the seer on the first day. Given that she decided this before the rest of the bandwagon did, I don't think it's likely that she's the seer.

Aonar points out that he didn't lynch anyone in his first game. Looks like he has a good memory, because I don't think he'd go back and check to see if his first game was  conversion game.

Lemon RP-votes for no lynch. I'm skeptical of this. Lemon might be trying to be active but not too active, and RP's an easy way to do that.

Steeldancer needs to sleep occasionally. He recommends not killing someone if there's no chance to, and promises to RP at some point. He feels like someone who's interested in the game and having fun. I'm inclined to discount him as the seer.

Orlok encourages discussion the whole way through, pointing out that we need info, but actually killing someone probably wouldn't work out. His arguments are fairly spirited, and his point of view is something that a seer would be okay with being dissuaded from . That seems like a lot more trouble than the seer would need to go through. Discounting Orlok as the seer.

Darian does some fairly hefty RP, then says that he's ill and that it's his first game. Both of which may be true. Even if he is the seer, I'm not going to vote on him for a while. Out of curiosity, @DarianHammersmith, is this your first SE game or your first forum mafia game? Either way, welcome!

Jon wants to do some RP, and advocates for a no-vote. Says he doesn't want anyone dead, but doesn't try to tie the vote. Posts 25 minutes before the turn ends, so this is rather odd.

So this is my final list of seer candidates, ordered by how suspicious I am of them.

• Jon
  • Lemon
  • Sony
  • Shqueeves
  • Aonar

@Paranoid King, why are you "inclined to discount [Steeldancer] as the seer"?

Also, I don't think you can rule out Orlok for effort. Effort is NAI for Orlok. I've seen Orlok create a whole spreadsheet of notes on every single post as an eliminator.

@Elbereth, I would have been a lot less stressed in QF25 if I'd known that there were only two elims. -_- Seeing so many lynchees flip village was terrifying. I thought that there had to be an alignment-hider or something. It's made me more cautious of lynches when there's a high village:elim ration.

@Frozen Mint, I'd argue that D1 lynches are a lot less helpful when any trust reads I get from them can't automatically be carried over to the next cycle. Only elim reads can carry over.

1 hour ago, Paranoid King said:

Shqueeves... doesn't quite seem to understand the point of the D1 lynch. After Orlok explained he wanted discussion through the threat of a lynch, he recommended that Orlok vote on himself. That's. Um. Confusing. He also repeated Aman's offer to trade info. I'm not sure whether or not he contacted Aman beforehand or not.

While I do understand the point for a D1 lynch, I personally don't agree with it. I'm sorry for that miscommunication on my part. As for the thing with Orlok, I realize in hindsight how that must of sounded. I didn't intend for it to sound that way and ask for @Orlok Tsubodai's forgiveness. 

While I did make the same offer as Aman, I never actually contacted him, and he didn't contact me. I currently only have one contact, because they were the only one who took me up on my offer. 

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

@Paranoid King, why are you "inclined to discount [Steeldancer] as the seer"?

I don't think you can rule out Orlok for effort. Effort is NAI for Orlok. I've seen Orlok create a whole spreadsheet of notes on every single post as an eliminator.

I might be basing it on my own experience, but I have a lot more fun when I'm a villager. When I'm an elim, I tend to do things for the team, and I'm a lot more focused on winning. When I'm a villager, I basically do whatever I want. That's the impression I'm getting from Steeldancer

...Wow. Okay. I hope that game wasn't an LG. I'll accept your point. But truth be told, I also talked to Orlok about a few things in a PM. Based on his responses and what happened over the night turn, I'm 99% sure he's not the seer.

10 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Jon wants to do some RP, and advocates for a no-vote. Says he doesn't want anyone dead, but doesn't try to tie the vote. Posts 25 minutes before the turn ends, so this is rather odd.

I thought the vote was tied at the time…

It's RP time! Finally remembered I needed to get around to this. 

Eobard sighed. He had managed to return to this universe, but was having trouble reconnecting to his speed. He had been a quiet obligator in this back land. Meanwhile, he worked to try and get the Speed Force up and running again. Until then, he was slow. And now he had to look for traitors? Honestly, Eobard didn't care. But he did care about surviving, so he would do whatever it took in order to make it through. 

Eobard felt a spark in his veins. That was all that was left these days. No rush of lightning. If only this planet were more technologically advanced.... He cursed his bad luck. His last adventure had been much more enjoyable (even if he had been taken out by big metal cans).