I thought he was. :mellow: What did you have in mind? :ph34r:

Karma?  :D  (No, seriously, you're doing fine.)

Kaymyth may be luring you down the path of darkness. :ph34r:

I can be a corruptive influence on the young.  But corrupting does not automatically equal darkness!  Sometimes it just adds color.  <_<

Depends on what kind of cookies they have. :ph34r:

My cookies are certified to be 100% hemalurgy-free.  I do not dwell in the Dark Alley.  I come from a magical land of sunshine, rainbows, and highly inappropriate card games.

I may have miscommunicated. The guy who told me was one I did get along with, and because I asked what the others think.

Thing is ... 42 hours a week. Long time to spend in a room with people you don't get along with. Ah well.

Enjoy the wedding!

Ah, OK.  I can stop thinking of this guy as being a complete chullhat, then.

Still, I doubt they outright dislike you.  Maybe they just aren't quite sure how to interact with you yet.  You're still the New Guy; give them some time to get used to your quirks.

Wedding was good.  There was karaoke.  Poor James suffered under the onslaught, but I got up there and sang "Jimmy Olson's Blues"

My cookies are certified to be 100% hemalurgy-free.  I do not dwell in the Dark Alley.  I come from a magical land of sunshine, rainbows, and highly inappropriate card games.

Are you insinuating that the Dark Alley isn't a magical place of sunshine? You'll be hearing from our lawyers about this!

*Picks up phone and rapidly dials number before holding hushed conversation*

Yeah, libel...totally...no sunshine...yeah ok but I mean legally... well I know we don't but we coul...what do you mean that's what dark means?... we can have it if we want!... that's it! You'll be hearing from our other lawyers as soon as other lawyers are hired!

*Hangs up*

Uh eventually. You'll hear from our lawyers eventually.

Are you insinuating that the Dark Alley isn't a magical place of sunshine? You'll be hearing from our lawyers about this!

Yeah, libel...totally...no sunshine...yeah ok but I mean legally... well I know we don't but we coul...what do you mean that's what dark means?... we can have it if we want!... that's it! You'll be hearing from our other lawyers as soon as other lawyers are hired!

*Hangs up*

Teach those people about the concept of dark yellow and other dark colors. Claiming that dark means no color is darkcist! :ph34r::P

*Hangs up*

Uh eventually. You'll hear from our blasphemous hemalurgic creations eventually.

Fixed.:P

Karma?  :D  (No, seriously, you're doing fine.)

I can be a corruptive influence on the young.  But corrupting does not automatically equal darkness!  Sometimes it just adds color.  <_<

Ah, OK.  I can stop thinking of this guy as being a complete chullhat, then.

Still, I doubt they outright dislike you.  Maybe they just aren't quite sure how to interact with you yet.  You're still the New Guy; give them some time to get used to your quirks.

Wedding was good.  There was karaoke.  Poor James suffered under the onslaught, but I got up there and sang "Jimmy Olson's Blues"

"….and then there was a loud bang, and the door shattered. 'George Washington's ghost!' cried Lucius. 'It's giant sentient hot dogs with guns, an absurdly karmic combination of Muggle culture and America, come to punish me for my terrible attitude! How oddly appropriate!'" (I've been waking up at 4 in the morning lately, if you hadn't noticed. <_<:P

Color is good. :P 

This sounds like a good land. :ph34r: 

Ah, karaoke. A double-edged sword. :P 

"….and then there was a loud bang, and the door shattered. 'George Washington's ghost!' cried Lucius. 'It's giant sentient hot dogs with guns, an absurdly karmic combination of Muggle culture and America, come to punish me for my terrible attitude! How oddly appropriate!'" (I've been waking up at 4 in the morning lately, if you hadn't noticed. <_<:P

This reminds me of a very stupid youtube video I probably shouldnt link...

George Washington, by the channel Brad Neely, see if you can find it.

*Hangs up*

I, um...look forward to it?

Color is good. :P

This sounds like a good land. :ph34r:

Ah, karaoke. A double-edged sword. :P

It is a good and fertile land, and we will call it...This Land.

I do enjoy me some karaoke, even if I'm generally terrible at it.  (It's hard to hear from behind the speakers.)

Two things:

1. It's all fun and games until your earbuds get stuck on a doorknob.

2. It's actually kinda fun to write scenes where Aura has to give speeches, because she's so bad at public speaking she makes me feel good about myself.

*Hangs up*

Voidus, your lawyer is here!

To qualify as libel, Kaymyth's statement must fulfill three requirements. It must be published, it must be presented as fact, and it must be seriously damaging to one's reputation.

Claim: I do not dwell in the Dark Alley.  I come from a magical land of sunshine, rainbows, and highly inappropriate card games.

1) This statement has clearly been published in a public forum.

2) This statement is presented as fact. Kaymyth makes a disctinction between the Dark Alley and a magical land of sunshine, rainbows, and highly inappropriate card games, and makes it clear that these are two separate things.

3) This statement is highly damaging to the Dark Alley's reputation. As a cookie vendor, the Dark Alley relies on its reputation to sell its cookies to unwilling victims willing customers. If people avoid the Dark Alley because it is not a magical land of sunshine, rainbows, and card games, it will go bankrupt.

Kaymyth's statement filfills the three requirements of being libel. But wait! Truth is an absolute defense against libel, regardless of how much a statement may fit the three requirements of libel.

Let's see how Kaymyth's claim stacks against the truth.

1) Kaymyth does not dwell in the Dark Alley. True.

2) Kaymyth comes from a magical land of sunshine. True.

3) Kaymyth comes from a magical land of rainbows. True.

4) Kaymyth comes from a magical land of highly inappropriate card games. Questionable, but will be taken as true.

After looking at all the evidence, Kaymyth's statement is not libel. Sorry Voidus. Feel free to sue, but you'll lose.

What language? I was trying to write a simple piece of code in Fortran and arithmetic operations weren't working... Something to do with types of variables I think...

C++. It's not like I haven't done in C++ before. And even printing refused to work. When 'Hello World' doesn't work, something is wrong. I was staring at ideone.com and thinking "what the storms?"

On another note, today starts the "Mafia" city game. I am participating. Each participant is simultaneuously the hunter and the victim. Each participant is given a white glove to "kill" his target with. Info about target is delivered to my mail and I know the name, the photo, work or/and university. I have to locate the person and tap on the shoulder with gloved hand. If target sees me coming, (s)he can raise hand and declare "Defense". It gives invulnerability for 30 minutes, can be used once a day.

After a week there is a reassingment of targets so I have seven days to "kill" the target. I was lucky cause my target didn't think to protect FB account from strangers. Oh well. Now I know how old my target is and I've seen more photos and I know more stuff.

A game like that makes you think about all the information you're leaving everywhere on the net. Last year nobody managed to locate me, though, so maybe I protect my info well. Or just none of my hunters were good at search-fu. Let's see what's it gonna be this year...

Let the hunt begin.

Edited by Oversleep

Voidus, your lawyer is here!

To qualify as libel, Kaymyth's statement must fulfill three requirements. It must be published, it must be presented as fact, and it must be seriously damaging to one's reputation.

Claim: I do not dwell in the Dark Alley.  I come from a magical land of sunshine, rainbows, and highly inappropriate card games.

1) This statement has clearly been published in a public forum.

2) This statement is presented as fact. Kaymyth makes a disctinction between the Dark Alley and a magical land of sunshine, rainbows, and highly inappropriate card games, and makes it clear that these are two separate things.

3) This statement is highly damaging to the Dark Alley's reputation. As a cookie vendor, the Dark Alley relies on its reputation to sell its cookies to unwilling victims willing customers. If people avoid the Dark Alley because it is not a magical land of sunshine, rainbows, and card games, it will go bankrupt.

Kaymyth's statement filfills the three requirements of being libel. But wait! Truth is an absolute defense against libel, regardless of how much a statement may fit the three requirements of libel.

Let's see how Kaymyth's claim stacks against the truth.

1) Kaymyth does not dwell in the Dark Alley. True.

2) Kaymyth comes from a magical land of sunshine. True.

3) Kaymyth comes from a magical land of rainbows. True.

4) Kaymyth comes from a magical land of highly inappropriate card games. Questionable, but will be taken as true.

After looking at all the evidence, Kaymyth's statement is not libel. Sorry Voidus. Feel free to sue, but you'll lose.

Cards Against Humanity is a favorite around here.  If that isn't a highly inappropriate card game, I don't know what is.  :D