HOLIDAYS!!!

2 glorious weeks in which I can do whatever I like...

so long as I prepare for my three exams immediately after...

and the Drama essay, and the 2 English tasks, and the History thingo...

and the bunch of homework the maths teacher gave me...

and whatever my parents want me to do...

BUSY PERIOD!!!

In recent news "Boaty mcboatface" is winning in the contest to name a British research vessel.

Edit: other leading names are: Boatimus prime, Usain boat, and Ice ice baby.

Edited by ThatTinyStrawMan

I get the impression that my co-workers don't like me.

(Mostly because one of them said that I was 'tense all the time' and drove everyone crazy).

I'm not sure whether to be offended, or just ignore that, keep my head down, and try to earn some money. 

@ Quiver: Your being tense isn't exactly something you can control. As someone who was once very tense most of the time, it's not something you can turn on and off at will. Just keep doing what you're doing and ignore the coworkers putting their own comfort above your feelings.

*walks in*

*sees math, math everywhere*

*quietly leaves link to next A Kind of Magic chapter*

*puts link right here*

no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

So....what did y'all think? :ph34r:

I am attending a wedding tonight, so taking off from work early in a little while.  Probably going to make James tie me into a corset to squish down my belly fats.  Stupid belly, why haven't you gone away yet?

Little Black Dress is ready to go, as are my Doc Martens.  Because combat boots are my go-to formal footwear.

I get the impression that my co-workers don't like me.

(Mostly because one of them said that I was 'tense all the time' and drove everyone crazy).

I'm not sure whether to be offended, or just ignore that, keep my head down, and try to earn some money. 

One of them does not a majority opinion make.

Besides, you do not exist to serve the needs of others.  You are there to do your job is as professional a manner as is called for in that business.  So long as you're doing that and communicating job items well, feel free to ignore the peanut gallery.

@ Quiver: Your being tense isn't exactly something you can control. As someone who was once very tense most of the time, it's not something you can turn on and off at will. Just keep doing what you're doing and ignore the coworkers putting their own comfort above your feelings.

So....what did y'all think? :ph34r:

It was good!  Though I think Lucius needs to suffer more.  :ph34r:

One of them does not a majority opinion make.

Besides, you do not exist to serve the needs of others.  You are there to do your job is as professional a manner as is called for in that business.  So long as you're doing that and communicating job items well, feel free to ignore the peanut gallery.

:

I may have miscommunicated. The guy who told me was one I did get along with, and because I asked what the others think.

Thing is ... 42 hours a week. Long time to spend in a room with people you don't get along with. Ah well.

Enjoy the wedding!

I just saw a Facebook ad for Avocado Box. "Just pay shipping and a box of the best avocados will be sent to your door!"

I don't know why I find this so funny.

I like imagining all the times one of these companies makes a shipping error and sends a completely random person a box of avocados. :P

I wrote a very, very simple piece of code, but I did it online (as I don't have anything installed on the computer here). I don't know whether it's my curse of anihilating technology or something's weird, as it compiles without errors and yet fails to do anything.

It's like you tried to add 1 and 2 and the numbers refused to become three and your result instead of 3 is 1+2. Or something like that :huh:
I don't even know what's happening. Gotta go sleep.

Edited by Oversleep

I wrote a very, very simple piece of code, but I did it online (as I don't have anything installed on the computer here). I don't know whether it's my curse of anihilating technology or something's weird, as it compiles without errors and yet fails to do anything.

It's like you tried to add 1 and 2 and the numbers refused to become three and your result instead of 3 is 1+2. Or something like that :huh:

I don't even know what's happening. Gotta go sleep.

What language? I was trying to write a simple piece of code in Fortran and arithmetic operations weren't working... Something to do with types of variables I think...

I just saw a Facebook ad for Avocado Box. "Just pay shipping and a box of the best avocados will be sent to your door!"

I don't know why I find this so funny.

Here in Sweden, we have a service that lets you send leeks to people, in a nice box and everything. Much better than flowers in my opinion.

Here in Sweden, we have a service that lets you send leeks to people, in a nice box and everything. Much better than flowers in my opinion.

We do?... why?

Not that I like flowers either... send me licorice or something... or books... games would be pretty nice as well...