I would appreciate it. :)  It's been through beta reading and I got a lot of good feedback that's going to improve the final product by a huge amount.  Once it starts going up, it'll be serialized by chapter, so there's pretty much zero chance it's all going to be up by May anyway.  Maybe by the end of May.

If you're still looking for distractions from grading, I totally picspammed the Relationships thread with photos of my nerdy wedding.  That'll entertain you for at least three minutes or so (approxmately thirty seconds of which will be you rolling your eyes and facepalming over the joke with the rings).

No rush. Writing takes time. I'm like the slowest writer in the universe.

I did see them briefly. Admittedly, I am generally annoyed by happy couples these days, so I did a very quick perusal.

I wish I could write a whole book. Sadly, no electrum.

I'm still not quite sure what happened to my brain.  Something about reading Sanderson flipped a switch, and now I can't turn it off.

No rush. Writing takes time. I'm like the slowest writer in the universe.

I did see them briefly. Admittedly, I am generally annoyed by happy couples these days, so I did a very quick perusal.

Oh.  Sorry.  :(  I did not mean to annoy, only entertain.

Oh.  Sorry.  :(  I did not mean to annoy, only entertain.

Not a worry! I only say that to say that's why I did not respond ;) I simply avoid things that are not in my interests, so not a big deal.

Not a worry! I only say that to say that's why I did not respond ;) I simply avoid things that are not in my interests, so not a big deal.

Well, maybe I can at least cheer you up with the knowledge that all is not perfect.  I drove the poor man out of the bedroom four nights last week from snoring.

...and I just admitted that to everyone.

Chaos is secretly Sheldon Cooper and simply disapproves of you incorporating Babylon 5 into your wedding, that's all ;)

Hey, Babylon 5 is freaking awesome.

No, I simply just am generally depressed being single so happy couples are extremely irritating. Photos of happy couples make me (briefly) want to punch them in the face. Don't worry, Kaymyth, you're fine. I haven't murdered Josh and Mi'ch yet, so you're set.

Well, maybe I can at least cheer you up with the knowledge that all is not perfect.  I drove the poor man out of the bedroom four nights last week from snoring.

...and I just admitted that to everyone.

I will say having my queen size bed all for myself is kind of awesome.

No, I simply just am generally depressed being single so happy couples are extremely irritating. Photos of happy couples make me (briefly) want to punch them in the face. Don't worry, Kaymyth, you're fine. I haven't murdered Josh and Mi'ch yet, so you're set.

I am envious, I'm 6'5 last I measured so having to share a bed of any size is somewhat difficult. 

Also, because I forgot to say yesterday (And sorry Chaos for reporting on couples news :P) but baby!Voidus is a girl!  :wub:

I am envious, I'm 6'5 last I measured so having to share a bed of any size is somewhat difficult. 

Also, because I forgot to say yesterday (And sorry Chaos for reporting on couples news :P) but baby!Voidus is a girl!  :wub:

Yay baby girls though :D :D That's great!

Eh, this is just me realizing that yeah, I am totally seeking attention with that picspam, and that's probably not OK.  It was a bad, hormonal week coupled with a backslide on the weight loss regimen, and it all has me feeling a bit crappy about myself.  And instead of just posting on the Bad Day thread like a sensible person and admitting that I am, in fact, feeling crappy, I just threw a bunch of stuff up from when I felt really good about myself and am basically shouting, "HEY WORLD LOOK AT ME I AM PRETTY" and making a chull of myself.

Congratulations!

Edited by Kaymyth

Eh, this is just me realizing that yeah, I am totally seeking attention with that picspam, and that's probably not OK.  It was a bad, hormonal week coupled with a backslide on the weight loss regimen, and it all has me feeling a bit crappy about myself.  And instead of just posting on the Bad Day thread like a sensible person and admitting that I am, in fact, feeling crappy, I just threw a bunch of stuff up from when I felt really good about myself and am basically shouting, "HEY WORLD LOOK AT ME I AM PRETTY" and making a chull of myself.

Oh my goodness you are fine and you were plenty upvoted so people obviously liked it :P Chill!! At least on the posting of wedding pictures. Also if you need to rant please feel free to do so. :)

Oh my goodness you are fine and you were plenty upvoted so people obviously liked it :P Chill!! At least on the posting of wedding pictures. Also if you need to rant please feel free to do so. :)

Oh, and also I get neurotic sometimes.  :ph34r:

I'm too used to being the one doling out sage(ish) advice around here; it can be hard for me to switch gears and admit that I'm not the brain-weasel-free mom figure that so many folks seem to think I am.

I am the boss at work why in the heck would they do that what were they thinking I have no idea how to be the boss

And I've got two weekends until JordanCon and entirely too many cosplay pieces that need finishing.  And instead of working on those I'm blathering away on the Shard.  Because procrastination, or something.

I should really go to bed but my hair is not dry enough yet.

Oh, and also I get neurotic sometimes.  :ph34r:

I'm too used to being the one doling out sage(ish) advice around here; it can be hard for me to switch gears and admit that I'm not the brain-weasel-free mom figure that so many folks seem to think I am.

I am the boss at work why in the heck would they do that what were they thinking I have no idea how to be the boss

And I've got two weekends until JordanCon and entirely too many cosplay pieces that need finishing.  And instead of working on those I'm blathering away on the Shard.  Because procrastination, or something.

I should really go to bed but my hair is not dry enough yet.

Muwhahaha, you now realize that with me trawling the discussion boards, I am the Lord Ruler MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA UNNNNLIMMMMITTTTEDDD POWER

...What were we talking about again?

*scrolls up*

Oh.

Well no one has to be perfect :) I think it is always good to be self-deprecating and humble and know that you have flaws. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Yeah, being the boss is really hard. This is why I love Josh being around. He can tell me what to do and that makes things much easier xD (Among all the other many things he does, in addition to keeping me sane.)

I am also here on 17S procrastinating, but it has also made grading these terrible Calc 2 quizzes tolerable. I seriously had someone turn in a quiz that he got 0/10 on. It was an impressive display of no understanding whatsoever.

Muwhahaha, you now realize that with me trawling the discussion boards, I am the Lord Ruler MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA UNNNNLIMMMMITTTTEDDD POWER

...What were we talking about again?

*scrolls up*

Oh.

Well no one has to be perfect :) I think it is always good to be self-deprecating and humble and know that you have flaws. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Yeah, being the boss is really hard. This is why I love Josh being around. He can tell me what to do and that makes things much easier xD (Among all the other many things he does, in addition to keeping me sane.)

I am also here on 17S procrastinating, but it has also made grading these terrible Calc 2 quizzes tolerable. I seriously had someone turn in a quiz that he got 0/10 on. It was an impressive display of no understanding whatsoever.

I see your ultimate power and raise you a dachshund wrapped in an exploding TARDIS blanket:

cozy%20dog.jpg

The crazy part is that I was actually shooting for team lead, which was really just a step above where I was.  And then when I got it, they said, "Oh, by the way, we're bumping the req up to a full Supervisor position. Surprise!"  :blink:  So it came with a work laptop and a ton more responsibility than I was quite prepared for.  But they're gonna send me to a How To Be A Supervisor seminar thingie in June, so that should help.

Well...at least the student did something impressive?  I mean, it's not great so far as impressive things go, but at least he's got nowhere to go but up.

I see your ultimate power and raise you a dachshund wrapped in an exploding TARDIS blanket:

cozy%20dog.jpg

The crazy part is that I was actually shooting for team lead, which was really just a step above where I was.  And then when I got it, they said, "Oh, by the way, we're bumping the req up to a full Supervisor position. Surprise!"  :blink:  So it came with a work laptop and a ton more responsibility than I was quite prepared for.  But they're gonna send me to a How To Be A Supervisor seminar thingie in June, so that should help.

Well...at least the student did something impressive?  I mean, it's not great so far as impressive things go, but at least he's got nowhere to go but up.

"How to be a supervisor" sounds like the amount of training people get in low level service jobs. As in, very little training because "you'll pick it up as you go."

Yeah, I guess. There was just so much logic fail going on on this quiz it was truly astonishing. It has to be amazing to get all four True or False problem wrong, especially when two of them I have basically put on every quiz on this chapter. But hey, I'm sure THIS time it's true! Yeah, no...

At least it wasnt me doing the test. I would get a negative score, doesnt matter if it is impossible. I am so bad at math that I just completely break it.

And couples... couples are so disturbing that I cant even make them more disturbing, I can just satarize them and point out how disturbing they are...

"How to be a supervisor" sounds like the amount of training people get in low level service jobs. As in, very little training because "you'll pick it up as you go."

Yeah, I guess. There was just so much logic fail going on on this quiz it was truly astonishing. It has to be amazing to get all four True or False problem wrong, especially when two of them I have basically put on every quiz on this chapter. But hey, I'm sure THIS time it's true! Yeah, no...

This is actually somewhat more in-depth than that, I think.  A lot of stuff on how to manage responsibilities, people, etc.  More or less a crash course in how to not drive everyone into the waiting arms of HR, or something.

Wow, OK.  That's worse than a flipped coin would get on those T/F questions.  This fellow is quite sad.

At least it wasnt me doing the test. I would get a negative score, doesnt matter if it is impossible. I am so bad at math that I just completely break it.

And couples... couples are so disturbing that I cant even make them more disturbing, I can just satarize them and point out how disturbing they are...

Pish, even you admit that James and I make sense even when nobody else does. :P

And another edit:  OK, gotta go get some sleep, even if my hair is still a bit damp.  Good night, all!

Edited by Kaymyth

Math is logic, pure and distilled, and simply requires proper practice. I fear that some teachers simply failed you somewhere along the line. I promise, through effort you can definitely do that.

Also, though certain things are super pet peeves of mine, I can't take off more points than the problem is worth for them doing those things. Though I WANT to.

Math is logic, pure and distilled, and simply requires proper practice. I fear that some teachers simply failed you somewhere along the line. I promise, through effort you can definitely do that.

Also, though certain things are super pet peeves of mine, I can't take off more points than the problem is worth for them doing those things. Though I WANT to.

What percentage even bothered showing up for lectures?

Pish, even you admit that James and I make sense even when nobody else does. :P

You and James are hilarious together, so yes, I will admit that you are the exception to the rule.

I did have a lot of horrible teachers... I probably could learn, I just have little interest to... well, other than to make weird mathematical super powers that make sense, but thats all.

There we go, you would definitely want to give me a negative score!

Now I need to go to work, farewell Sharders!

What percentage even bothered showing up for lectures?

Usually pretty high. Especially at my 8am class, attendance is very high. My 9am less so. It very much shows on their quizzes.

I once had an instructor evaluation of me say that, "there's no attendance grade so there's no point in coming to class." Apparently some students don't understand that coming to class is the best statistically significant way to get a higher grade. (Shocking, I know.)

Oh well. On sequences and series, it very much shows if students rush through and are not careful. The students who don't show up to class to be trained on how specifically we want things stated (as the precision is important) will fail themselves. Then maybe they will learn that they should attend collegiate classes they are enrolled in.

I did have a lot of horrible teachers... I probably could learn, I just have little interest to... well, other than to make weird mathematical super powers that make sense, but thats all.

There we go, you would definitely want to give me a negative score!

But... But math is the strongest form of truth in the entire universe, and it is human created, knowable, and provable! Isn't that awesome?

I'm as biochem major not maths but I'm inclined to agree. Maths is easy if you have the right teacher. Unfortunately i suck at teaching so i cant help that problem.

I had a great teacher for Maths the past 2 years, and an OK teacher this year. My old teacher was a lot more informal, though, so it's been a bit of a change in dynamic. Objectively speaking, I'm curious to see what happens marks-wise.

Edited by The Young Bard