Elbereth should kill me, become the Master of Archives, then use Banned Books to learn that ability. Simple. Or just kill Hael and take his place.  :P

Wonko asked me to remind everyone to SEND IN LODGING ORDERS. Those Mercenaries are still out there, waiting for more Students to murder...

Ummm... Get a friend to become the Master Physician?

Hmm. That sounds like a pretty dangerous team. Also would take a lot of time. Killing you is easier.  :o

So, I still haven't gone back through the thread and checked for connections between the revealed Skindancers and living players, but what do you think Hael? Any good suspicions? How about players that you think are most likely Students?

Edit: Actually, those questions should be answered by everyone. That is our goal after all. To find the Skindancers so we can kill them. So who do you all think could be a Skindancer? Let's get some discussion going, and maybe we can figure it out!

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Quick Links

Signups
Term 1: Month 1
Term 1: Month 2
Term 2: Month 1
Term 2: Month 2
Term 3: Month 1
Term 3: Month 2
Term 4: Month 1
Term 4: Month 2
Term 5: Month 1
Term 5: Month 2

> Term 6: Month 1

Player List:

Expelled; Insane; Dead

• Wilem (Mailliw73) Skindancer
  • Kipper (Kipper) Student
  • Touka Kirishima (DeathClutch19)
  • Acaelus Starfire (Kynedath) - Bookworm who rarely leaves his room or the Archives
  • Amari (Araris Valerian)
  • Ashad (Mashadar Mistborn) - lazy student drifting through the University on his father's money Student
  • Varda Elentari (Elbereth) - a mediocre student
  • Haelbarde (Haelbarde)
  • Pyra Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti) Skindancer
  • Reader (The Only Joe)
  • Mind of Akasha (Bridge Boy) Student
  • Delta (Paranoid King) Student
  • Marcos Mayweather (Mark IV) - a scholarly student who avoid the arcane Student
  • Corrin (TheMightyLopen) - a young man with large ambitions
  • Klin (Clanky) - a large man who seeks eternal youth
  • Aeaieis (ostrichofevil)
  • [name withheld] (irulelikeSTINK) - a man convinced he's the last of the Amyr
  • Sasuke Uchia (Weaving Webs) Student
  • Sev (Wonko the Sane)
  • Mac n Cheese (Thisismyusername)
  • Danosaur (Danosaur)
  • Neo (Neodymium) Student
  • Dow (Dowanx)
  • Silverblade (Silverblade5) Student

As far as players who are students, I think it's safe to say that the fact that Mailliw and Burnt got Wonko, Stink, and Joe, expelled basically clears them of being skindancers, unless we're sure there's only one left and all the non-expelled non-insane living players have actually been cleared. I think I'd also be surprised if you, Lopen, were a skindancer. I assume we're actually trusting firemuffin is a Student Analyst? Seems plausible. He's also been attacked a few times, right? Not that any of this clears him. It'd be a clever plan if the skindancers got themselves two analysts, and got one of them removed from the game after being around for awhile. I'd be happy to accept Clanky as a Student regardless, however. It'd surprise me if the skindancers had more than 1 nobleman, and Mail already fulfils that role. We've not seen much in the way of items from the skindancers, methinks. Unless they've stockpiled a number of grams, and that sorta thing.

So the people I'd be unsure of would be Danosaur, Araris, Elbereth, and at a pinch, Muffin. I'll need to go back over the previous cycles to say any further. But that'd probably be my order of suspicions.

Edited by Haelbarde

She also said she stalked Clanky's PM's on T5:M2 I think it was. So Clanky, you might want to check your PM's in that Month to figure out what she learned from them.

I had 6 PMs open that cycle if I'm not missing anything.

1:Wonko: Only one message each about how he failed to kill Mailliw.

2: Danosaur asked me if I trusted Lopen.

3: Mailliw: Claims he used Omen recognition on the previous write-ups survival that lopen claimed. He said the protection wasn't the result of Fae and that made him more suspicious in his eyes. Asked me if I could give him some protection since his bodyguard was killed. Then he finds out I'm the reason he got attacked.

4: Lopen: Talking about killing mailliw.

5: Firemuffin: Would have found out he was an analyst if they didn't already know and that he can make bloodless.

6: STINK:Basically only stuff that I posted for him in thread since he couldn't do it himself.

So they wouldn't have found out too much useful from any of that that wasn't already known. 

EDIT: Update from Wonko, apparently they did find out about muffins bloodless making from my PM with him since apparently Burnt missed Wonko telling her that muffin was an artificer.

Edited by Clanky

Problem with any of these plans is that I have to accumulate 15 EP, 2 by 2. While making tuition the whole time. (Which, I know, isn't terribly difficult with RP.) Killing Hael would be a lot simpler. :P I'd just not make tuition, somehow build up 30-ish talents, and then get an assassin from Imre. :P Might take the same amount of time as the first idea, though. Hm.

I wonder what would happen if I got 15 EP the same cycle that Hael died? I couldn't become Master in 2 areas. Which trumps?

Other thing: I will be going backpacking this weekend. I'll be gone Friday afternoon, all of Saturday, and almost until turnover Sunday. So I might make one post that turn. Hopefully.

I'd agree that Firemuffin's a Student. Otherwise he would have just scanned Burnt as good, and then they'd both be cleared and considerably more trusted. Plus he was attacked the same cycle that Burnt found out he existed. (Presumably. I don't know exactly when that happened. But it seems like a safe bet.) I could maybe see Burnt sacrificing herself for great trust in Firemuffin, but I think it's very unlikely indeed.

I'm a little bit suspicious of Hael, for the same reasons as Lopen. I'm a little uncertain about Araris and Danosaur as well. Wonko and Lopen I don't suspect. Clanky I'm not sure. Firemuffin I already said I trust. I think that's about all.

Okay! Player Analysis! Let's hope I'm at least mildly accurate.

Lopen - Student Master.  :P

Wonko - He attacked Mailliw once and killed Burnt. Was also expelled by Burnt. Suggested very good idea to use Linguistics Analysis. I'm very sure he's a Student.

Clanky - Was the first player to be sabotaged. Suggested to Wonko to attack Mailliw. I'm fairly confident that he's a Student as well. He has been scanned as such by FireMuffin, so if you believe FireMuffin is a Student, Clanky is that much more cleared.

Elbereth - The only other Edema Ruh besides Burnt. While that doesn't clear her, because Wilson totally could have trolled the Skindancer team and given them both Edema Ruh, based on the fact that I have a good amount of trust in all the other Nobleman besides me, I don't think it's plausible for her to be a Skindancer, since giving them both Edema Ruh would undoubtedly warrant giving them 2 Noblemen. Also, gut read on her as Student. Her posts seem Student-y.

Ostrichofevil - Second sabotage victim. I don't see why they'd use a WGG on him. Most likely a Student.

Kynedath - Sabotage victim. He had been elevated 3 times when they sabotaged him, so very unlikely candidate for a WGG I think. I think they targeted him because at the time he was the most powerful(and therefore dangerous) player. Most likely a Student.

Only Joe - Put a good chunk of his EP into Archives, which is the field Mailliw focused solely on, leading me to believe that Joe wouldn't have put so much EP there if he was a Skindancer as well. He was also expelled by Mailliw. Probably a Student.

Araris - Same as Joe, he put a LOT of EP into Archives. He also voted on Mailliw at one point because Mailliw was supposedly asking him about his elevation in a PM. I think he's probably a Student. Mailliw did mention at one point that it was possible that PK was sabotaged because the Skindancers were focusing on Archives for some reason. I think he said that because he knew that a good amount of players were going after Archives and so wanted to cast suspicion on the other players in that field. I'm not sure why more than one Skindancer would focus on a field like Archives. It doesn't make much sense to me, unless Mailliw was planning on destroying Archives and then another one of the Skindancers would be like "oh no, I had most of my EP there! Darn!" to try and gain trust. I don't know how plausible that is though. I'd say Araris is probably a Student too.

STINK - Mailliw got him expelled. Mailliw suggested to Clanky to kill him. Burnt had him as her top suspect. He Assassinated PK on the same Month as the Skindancers attacked PK. He also put a good amount of his EP into Archives. If I'm right about Haelbarde being a Skindancer, then that's even more evidence pointing towards STINK's innocence, because Haelbarde voted on him a couple times. As of right now, I think STINK is probably a Student.

FireMuffin - Was attacked twice by the Skindancers. While I do think he's probably a Student, I have a small bit of paranoia about him. It's very small though.

Dowanx - Was expelled due to a vote from DeathClutch I believe. Also suggested using Plum Bobs on Burnt, which was a good idea. Not 100% convinced that he's a Student, but that's my guess right now. I also had a gut read of Student for him(even though he kept voting for me!  <_<).

The only players left are Haelbarde(Master Rhetorician. He's already basically revealed that.), Danosaur(I know what he's the Master of, but I'll leave it up to him to decide if he wants to publicly reveal), and DeathClutch(I'm fairly confident that all 3 of his elevations were in Alchemy, because PK was elevated in Alchemy the one time DC wasn't elevated, as well as the fact that it's almost certain that he went insane due to his field of study rather than the Skindancer sabotage. My notes suggest that was what he was elevated in every time as well. Another possible theory for why PK was sabotaged is that he'd put some EP into Alchemy and Archives, which, if DeathClutch is a Skindancer, would be 2 fields that Skindancers were going after. I don't know if Mailliw knew he had put some EP into Alchemy though.).

Haelbarde's votes: 2 times on STINK. 1 time on Clanky. 1 time on BB. 1 time on Sasuke(Weaving Webs - Student). 3 times on Kipper. 4 times on FireMuffin for inactivity. I personally think all of those players are Students(of course, we know that BB, Kipper and Sasuke were, and I think it's all but certain that Clanky is as well). Hael, this tunnel is getting narrower and narrower... :ph34r:

I think it would make a lot of sense for the Skindancer team to be made up of Mailliw(Aturan - completely focused on Archives), Burnt(Edema Ruh - completely focused on Linguistics), Haelbarde(Cealdish - almost completely focused on Rhetoric and Logic), DeathClutch(Yllish - completely focused on Alchemy I believe) and Danosaur(Cealdish - completely focused on something that isn't one of those, and also isn't an insane causing field). So that would be four players focusing on the fields that don't cause insanity, with the one other player focusing on a field that can cause insanity(DeathClutch - Alchemy). It might be a little obvious though. It's possible they did something to throw off the pattern, like having 2 players go into the same field(like, say Araris and Mailliw, or anyone in Archives and Mailliw really). OR, it might be possible that the Skindancers only started with 4 players. Could be why Burnt wanted to stay alive(other than just wanting to stay alive just because). I'm gonna assume they started with 5 though. Better safe than sorry.

So far, my biggest surprise is that I don't think any of the Skindancers went into Naming. That is...odd.

I'm really only voting to stop any last minute shenanigans that might happen. Hael and Dano are Masters, so it doesn't affect them.

Araris - Same as Joe, he put a LOT of EP into Archives. He also voted on Mailliw at one point because Mailliw was supposedly asking him about his elevation in a PM. I think he's probably a Student. Mailliw did mention at one point that it was possible that PK was sabotaged because the Skindancers were focusing on Archives for some reason. I think he said that because he knew that a good amount of players were going after Archives and so wanted to cast suspicion on the other players in that field. I'm not sure why more than one Skindancer would focus on a field like Archives. It doesn't make much sense to me, unless Mailliw was planning on destroying Archives and then another one of the Skindancers would be like "oh no, I had most of my EP there! Darn!" to try and gain trust. I don't know how plausible that is though. I'd say Araris is probably a Student too.

I think it makes perfect sense for more than one Skindancer to go into Archives. (Also, side note, keep in mind that just because someone was elevated in the same field every time doesn't mean that was the only field they had EP in.) Archives is one of the most directly harmful areas against Skindancers, so every Skindancer that goes into it means one student isn't getting those powers. And there are powers in there that would be very useful to Skindancers as well. I could see it happening.

As to why there aren't any Namers? Maybe there are only four players and they decided insanity wasn't worth risking. Maybe they all chose their own powers and no one wanted Naming. Maybe there is a Namer, or someone who's only been elevated once in Naming and twice in other fields. Maybe something else entirely. I don't know. But possibilities do exist.

@Lopen: I don't think that having put points into the same fields as an eliminator really clears anyone. There are so many ways the skindancers could've decided to spend there EPs and I doubt it was so simple as one player in each of 4 or 5 fields. Besides I think a skindancer would go into naming long enough to get at least one elevation since you get wind with the first elevation and that's a kill role. 

Alsowhile I have rethought a little my theory about STINK I'm still not convinced that I was wrong. I still feel like expelling one of their own to prevent them getting scanned by a linguistic analyst is a very valid plan. that would give Wonko, Joe and STINK. Has anyone heard anything from Joe since he got expelled?

Also something that I don't think that I mentioned yet but although Wonko did first attack mailliw he is also the reason that that he survived the first attack. I knew that maillw had a bodyguard so was trying to get two people to attack him at once. Wonko said that he could do both attacks with name of Wind and Bone. However it turned out that Bone can actually only roleblock someone and not kill them. I understand how this could've ben mistaken as for Bone it saysit's powers include "Attack". I only find it odd since Wonko changed his mind about killing maill the next cycle and started calling me bloodthirsty for going after maill.

@Lopen: I don't think that having put points into the same fields as an eliminator really clears anyone. There are so many ways the skindancers could've decided to spend there EPs and I doubt it was so simple as one player in each of 4 or 5 fields. Besides I think a skindancer would go into naming long enough to get at least one elevation since you get wind with the first elevation and that's a kill role. 

Alsowhile I have rethought a little my theory about STINK I'm still not convinced that I was wrong. I still feel like expelling one of their own to prevent them getting scanned by a linguistic analyst is a very valid plan. that would give Wonko, Joe and STINK. Has anyone heard anything from Joe since he got expelled?

Also something that I don't think that I mentioned yet but although Wonko did first attack mailliw he is also the reason that that he survived the first attack. I knew that maillw had a bodyguard so was trying to get two people to attack him at once. Wonko said that he could do both attacks with name of Wind and Bone. However it turned out that Bone can actually only roleblock someone and not kill them. I understand how this could've ben mistaken as for Bone it saysit's powers include "Attack". I only find it odd since Wonko changed his mind about killing maill the next cycle and started calling me bloodthirsty for going after maill.

In response to Elbereth and Clanky both. I understand that someone putting points in the same field as a Skindancer doesn't clear them. But Joe and Araris put so much into Archives that it seems wasteful for a Skindancer to do that. I hadn't really thought about them trying to stop Students from elevating in a field by having 2 of their members putting a lot of EP into that field. That's an interesting thought. Archives isn't super helpful for the Skindancers. Fae Lore - roleblocks Skindancers, useless. Omen recognition - scan for Skindancer activity, useless. Role scan which name I forget - helpful, but with the elevations being public, it's easier to guess where someone is elevated(but doesn't say what ability they got, so still helpful). Banned Books - Very useful, could allow a Skindancer to get diverse abilities.

Expelled Students can still get scanned. They just have to PM the Linguistics Analysis the phrase.

First off, redirects can't affect Masters' DP. I asked.

I have heard from Joe at least once since, although we haven't conversed in detail.

But how do you know how much EP they put in Archives? Their word isn't necessarily trustworthy, obviously. And elevations don't necessarily reflect EP.

EDIT: Wonko has pointed out my error. I'm an idiot.

Edited by Elbereth

First off, redirects can't affect Masters' DP. I asked.

I have heard from Joe at least once since, although we haven't conversed in detail.

But how do you know how much EP they put in Archives? Their word isn't necessarily trustworthy, obviously. And elevations don't necessarily reflect EP.

Good to know, thanks.

I've received one or two PM's from him. But not much content to speak of.

As the Master Archivist, I receive a list of how much EP players have in Archives. This is how many EP players had in Archives: Araris - 21, Joe - 18, Maill - 10, Wonko - 8, STINK - 7, Clanky - 4 and I put my last 2 EP in Archives just before I was elevated to Master.

Post from Wonko that he PM'd me. Changed the wording and stuff to stay within the rules.

-----------

He said that since Muffin is publicly known about, expelled Students can be scanned if they just PM Muffin the "I am not a Skindancer" phrase. He says that the expelled Students are low priority targets though, since they can't target anyone besides those in Imre, and they have to guess who's there for it to work. He said he'd send in his phrase each Month though, just because.

He also says that we should focus on those players who can actually eliminate us. (Lopen speaking: I agree with this. Those who are still sane, University attending players should be our priority for clearing/exposing as Skindancers, because they can do the most damage. Thus why I'm focusing on Haelbarde and Danosaur.)

He said that he was disappointed in his failed attack on Maill, but his roleblocking him for 3 turns was practically killing him. He said to make sure that didn't happen again, he came up with the Bonestorm attack which we just witnessed.

He explains he called you bloodthirsty because he didn't understand why Maill and STINK needed to be killed off that Night like you were insisting. He said he wasn't actually suspicious of you, but was just pushing at an apparent irregularity to see if anything gave. He also voiced displeasure at being lumped in with your(Clanky) suspicion of STINK because of his expulsion.

-----------

Yeah, Clanky, I'm fairly positive that Wonko is a Student. He's been a Namer for a while. He's attacked 2 Skindancers, taking the protection off of one and roleblocking them and killing the other one. He's never attacked anyone else. He suggested the Linguistics Analysis plan. He even risked insanity to kill Burnt. I cannot even think that a Skindancer would risk insanity to kill one of their own members to try and gain trust. So yeah, I firmly believe that both you and Wonko are Students, and this kind of nitpicking isn't gonna help us catch Skindancers.

A final warning: The Month ends in about an hour. Get your lodging orders in if you haven't already!

Term 7: Month 1 - The Death of a Spirit

Touka Kirishima tossed and turned in her dark room. She awoke with a start, trying to scream. But her throat was incapable of a scream now, since... She shuddered at the thought of the concoction she’d swallowed.

Then she noticed that the door was open. Without any other thought but escape, she rushed toward it blindly, longing for a taste of the open sky... And, deep inside her, she longed for another host to regain her sanity.

Then a knife plunged from the darkness beside the door into her heart. She died instantly, before she could even register the blow.

The spirit of the Skindancer rose slowly out of Touka’s cooling corpse, regaining its balance after so long in an insane mind. Then, it coalesced into black smoke and floated towards the assassin.

The assassin who exited the room before Touka could get to the door, and closed it behind him without a glance backward.

The coil of black smoke bumped off of the door. A bit confused, it bumped off again. Finally, it flew at full speed towards the door in a whirling tornado of evil.

And bumped off. Nooo! Why did this cell have to be built for Namers? It could already feel itself starting to dissipate without the presence of a host. Within hours, it would be gone.

I have failed. I- I cannot- The spirit coalesced into a tiny point of blackness, drawing further and further in on itself.

Then, with one last vengeful effort, it exploded, blasting a hole in the side of the Crockery.

Amari was elevated.

Touka Kirishima (DeathClutch19) was assassinated! He was a Skindancer who had studied in Alchemy!

Someone protected someone.

Amari (Araris Valerian) was brought on the Horns and charged with Conduct Unbecoming! He’s been expelled!

Varda Elentari (Elbereth) was brought on the Honrs and charged with Conduct Unbecoming! She's been expelled!

Once again, Elbereth is to thank for the quickness of this writeup.

gre_1459121400.png
Edited by little wilson

Quick Links

> Signups

> Term 1: Month 1

> Term 1: Month 2

> Term 2: Month 1

> Term 2: Month 2

> Term 3: Month 1

> Term 3: Month 2

> Term 4: Month 1

> Term 4: Month 2

> Term 5: Month 1

> Term 5: Month 2

> Term 6: Month 1

> Term 6: Month 2

Player List:

Expelled; Insane; Dead

• Wilem (Mailliw73) Skindancer
  • Kipper (Kipper) Student
  • Touka Kirishima (DeathClutch19) Skindancer
  • Acaelus Starfire (Kynedath) - Bookworm who rarely leaves his room or the Archives
  • Amari (Araris Valerian)
  • Ashad (Mashadar Mistborn) - lazy student drifting through the University on his father's money Student
  • Varda Elentari (Elbereth) - a mediocre student
  • Haelbarde (Haelbarde)
  • Pyra Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti) Skindancer
  • Reader (The Only Joe)
  • Mind of Akasha (Bridge Boy) Student
  • Delta (Paranoid King) Student
  • Marcos Mayweather (Mark IV) - a scholarly student who avoid the arcane Student
  • Corrin (TheMightyLopen) - a young man with large ambitions
  • Klin (Clanky) - a large man who seeks eternal youth
  • Aeaieis (ostrichofevil)
  • [name withheld] (irulelikeSTINK) - a man convinced he's the last of the Amyr
  • Sasuke Uchia (Weaving Webs) Student
  • Sev (Wonko the Sane)
  • Mac n Cheese (Firemuffin42)
  • Danosaur (Danosaur)
  • Neo (Neodymium) Student
  • Dow (Dowanx)
  • Silverblade (Silverblade5) Student

'sup guys. How's things? Edited by Haelbarde