The crying girl pushed past her. Touka let her run for awhile thinking, i was trying to be nice and she pushed me out of the way?! She doesn't deserve my help. But then Touka promptly remembered her fathers words "We rise by lifting others". 

So being the good person she was Touka ran after the girl whose name she didn't even know. The girl curiously had taken a new dress from another gentleman. What was wrong with the dress she was currently wearing?

As Touka got closer to the girl she said "Excuse me miss you seem to be a little upset, if you want i'd be happy to talk about it with you". Touka gently touched her shoulder. She then looked her in the eyes and gave the most non-threatening smile she could. Touka had never been good with feelings, especially other peoples feelings.

Edited by DeathClutch19

BB: Then exchange some coins with an assassin in a dark alley or something! The votes you are leveling now are not attacks against Wilem. They are attacks against Mailliw. If you have nothing against Mailliw, then PLEASE make your attacks in RP. If you want, you can actually RP complaining to the Masters without coloring Maill's name.

Well, at least I know where to put my tuition-reduction vote: Bridge Boy, I find your apparent conviction and subsequent lack of explanation suspicious.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Any reason, Dow? I know there's not much to go on right now, so no pressure; I'm just trying to facilitate some useful conversation.

Neo because he hasn't posted anything. 

Lopen because something just seems off.  

There aren't very good reasons :( but it is better to vote then not to vote.

Wonko, my votes last cycle were placed because I had minor suspicion of the players that I voted on (you and Haelbarde). I built the RP around the votes.

Elbereth, to respond to your comment about PMs, I've actually had 0 this month. -_- Until I try for my Talent Pipes, I can't justify the tuition increase. 

About the thread in general:

I don't have a problem with RP votes. Being as poor as I am, I'm willing to do just about anything to decrease my tuition, and if that includes throwing votes on people without reasoning, so be it. Better you than me.  :angry: Not all of us are Vintish Nobleman with a storming 30 talent termly stipend. At this point in the game, even with the Masters' DP, the chances that anyone will receive consequences over "Make a Formal Apology" are really quite miniscule. Personally, I'm enjoying seeing the RP! It reminds me of some of the beginning games, where the atmosphere was a bit more light-hearted and less stifling. Plus, it's prompting me to do a bit of RP myself, and I know how much you guys have been waiting to see me write.  <_<

And Joe, I'll second that sentiment about not trusting people with statistics. For one thing, I don't get them  :huh: , and for another thing, based on the crazy things GMs have done in the past, I'm not sure how useful they are in determining likelihoods of anything. But one thing is for sure, stats are useful for filler and spawning discussion (like this!).

Varda kept running, away from the girl, away from Wilem, away from it all. But soon she heard footsteps behind her, keeping pace, and then a voice said, "Excuse me, miss. You seem to be a little upset. If you want, I'd be happy to talk about it with you."

Varda turned to see the girl from before, who was reaching out to touch her shoulder. Varda stood there like an idiot, feeling the comforting hand and not knowing whether to trust it. But the girl looked her in the eyes and smiled gently, and Varda dissolved into weeping.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I just don't know what to do and I can't trust anyone, not even you, and I don't have any money or anywhere to stay or any idea how to get anything, and I'm wearing a dress from someone who nearly convinced me he was a good person when he was really evil and I usually catch that kind of thing but maybe I'm losing my touch and I don't know what to do and there's great evil here and I'm the only one who can stop it and and..."

She couldn't continue.

I feel like Varda's overreacting a bit at this point... Maybe she's just a naive, fragile little flowerbud. Well, she'll grow. DC, I'd welcome a recommendation to stay at Anker's, and probably a pat on the shoulder at least.

Touka felt very uncomfortable, i mean this girl she barely knew was sobbing to her. She had no idea what to do but she decided to at least try and be helpful. She said in a soothing voice "You dont have a place to stay!? Well how about staying at Anker's, its pretty cheap and its better than the streets thats for sure!".

Before the girl could even respond Touka made a suggestion "How about you come back to my room, i'll let you have some of my old clothes instead of that dress and then I'll show you to Anker's". This seemed like a viable plan. Maybe this girl would calm down after a litle bit.

"Oh yeah, Im Touka Kirishima, its a pleasure to meet you..." she said. Maybe this girl could be Touka's first real friend at the university. Touka smiled at the thought of having friends. 

Edited by DeathClutch19

I would like to file a complaint against Touka and Bridgeboy (should be red but I'm on mobile right now)

To do colors, type [ color=red] and [ /color] but without the spaces.

Edit: But Wilson's got you covered. :P

Edited by Mailliw73

If I may ask, why Touka, Webs?

EDIT: Why do my notifications, configured to alert me to each post in my followed topics, show Kipper posting in between Weaving Webs and Mailliw73? Is this some kind of error?

Edited by Wonko the Sane

If I may ask, why Touka, Webs?

EDIT: Why do my notifications, configured to alert me to each post in my followed topics, show Kipper posting in between Weaving Webs and Mailliw73? Is this some kind of error?

Kipper has a mod-queue where mods must approve his posts before they'll show up in the thread. I assume that's what's happening now.

Elbereth, to respond to your comment about PMs, I've actually had 0 this month. -_- Until I try for my Talent Pipes, I can't justify the tuition increase. 

And Joe, I'll second that sentiment about not trusting people with statistics. For one thing, I don't get them  :huh: , and for another thing, based on the crazy things GMs have done in the past, I'm not sure how useful they are in determining likelihoods of anything. But one thing is for sure, stats are useful for filler and spawning discussion (like this!).

Huh, okay. I mean, I'm just as poor and I don't have a problem with PMs, but I guess I'm RPing and posting a good deal more.

I mean, Kynedath's statistics in particular were entirely useless. But he did say that, so I'm just putting them down as filler.

The other girl obviously had no idea what to do, and Varda felt slightly embarrassed at her behavior. But after a moment she replied soothingly, "You don't have a place to stay? Well, how about staying at Anker's? It's pretty cheap, and it's better than the streets, that's for sure."

Varda opened her mouth to respond to the girl's kindness, but before the first word was out of her mouth the other girl continued, "How about you come back to my room? I'll let you have some of my old clothes instead of that dress and then I'll show you to Anker's."

Varda nodded, mute with gratitude and hope against hope that this girl would be better.

"Oh yeah," she said, "I'm Touka Kirishima. It's a pleasure to meet you." Touka smiled.

"I'm Varda. Nice to meet you too." They began walking towards what Varda presumed was Touka's room.

I mean, Kynedath's statistics in particular were entirely useless. But he did say that, so I'm just putting them down as filler.

Ya, that was my bad. I was looking for info where there was none.

EDIT: Shoot! sorry! didn't mean to post after roll-over.

Edited by Kynedath

Term 2: Month 1 - Endless Dreaming

[writeup to be edited in]

Aeaieis (ostrichofevil) has gone insane!

Wilem (Mailliw73) was brought On the Horns but the charges were dropped!

Dow (Dowanx) was brought On the Horns but the charges were dropped!

Touka Kirishima was brought On the Horns but the charges were dropped!

Mind of Akasha (Bridge Boy) was brought On the Horns and charged with Undignified Mischief! He needs to RP an apology.

Sasuke Uchia (Weaving Webs) was brought On the Horns and charged with Undignified Mischief! He needs to RP an apology.

These students were elevated: Touka Kirishima, Amari, Haelbarde, Pyra Ghetti, Mind of Akasha, Delta

Warning: As per the rules, every player must PM the GMs once per term to state where they are lodging (or send in an order in perpetua for your current location). If you do not PM the GMs, you will be on The Streets, even if you can afford the location you are in.

Because this is the first term and so many people forgot to send in orders for this, we will give you 12 hours from now to place an order for lodging for Term 2. If you do not let us know in that time frame, you will still be on The Streets.

pur_1457224200.png

Edited by little wilson