The Official Thread of Relationships

Okay, confession time.

So I'm normally a fairly calm person, but I've met someone recently (about a month and change ago, really) who I really like. I've been sort of biding my time to ask her out, just to make sure that I'm not being deceived by first impressions.

Here's where things get good. The more time I spend around her, the more I realize how much we have in common, and how much I really enjoy being around her. I'm not normally the sort of person to get sentimental (I've had bad experiences in the past where that's backfired horribly), so finding someone like her is amazing.

I'm supposed to meet up with her on Sunday to get some studying done, and I'm probably going to ask her out to lunch/dinner then.

But holy carp, am I nervous.

12 minutes ago, PantsForSquares said:

Okay, confession time.

So I'm normally a fairly calm person, but I've met someone recently (about a month and change ago, really) who I really like. I've been sort of biding my time to ask her out, just to make sure that I'm not being deceived by first impressions.

Here's where things get good. The more time I spend around her, the more I realize how much we have in common, and how much I really enjoy being around her. I'm not normally the sort of person to get sentimental (I've had bad experiences in the past where that's backfired horribly), so finding someone like her is amazing.

I'm supposed to meet up with her on Sunday to get some studying done, and I'm probably going to ask her out to lunch/dinner then.

Heeey!! That's great! Glad to see you found someone similar to you. 

Your nervous. That's to be expected.But I do find that eating holy carp can ease your nerves a little bit, nice choice.

13 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

Okay, confession time.

Nerves are totally normal. Deep breaths. Good luck! :D 

19 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

Okay, confession time.

You can do it!  :D  I'm sure it will turn out great. 

As for nervousness, I always ask myself what I'm so afraid of.  What's the worst she can say?  If she says no, then it's her loss. ;)  Either that or I take my mind off things with a comfort book (kind of like comfort food, but better).  Best of luck to you!!  

1 hour ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Hmm. As a hard-earned Procrastinator, something smells fishy.

I agree, it looks like unnecessary delay. Ask her out today for a date that will take place on a week or so if you're going to have more time then. Ask her fast, or the fear of asking will only grow!

6 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I agree, it looks like unnecessary delay. Ask her out today for a date that will take place on a week or so if you're going to have more time then. Ask her fast, or the fear of asking will only grow!

Well, it's not that I'm afraid of asking her, it's just that the next few days, as well as the first part of the upcoming week are going to be pretty stressful for her, so I don't want to put her under any more pressure, nor do I want to distract her from exams and other important matters. I'll probably ask her out on Friday for a date after Wednesday next week.

15 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

Well, it's not that I'm afraid of asking her, it's just that the next few days, as well as the first part of the upcoming week are going to be pretty stressful for her, so I don't want to put her under any more pressure, nor do I want to distract her from exams and other important matters. I'll probably ask her out on Friday for a date after Wednesday next week.

Eh, fair enough. As long as you do ask her out. We'll come around to ask next friday....

1 hour ago, Cognizantastic said:

On a day when I thought like a sappy dork, I described a crush like hot chocolate on a cold day. It fills the heart and mind with warmth, bringing nigh-unmatched depths of euphoria to the lovestruck.

If this crush is hot chocolate, it burnt the tongue of my soul.

That last metaphor didn’t make sense. How annoying.

JUST LIKE THIS SPARKING CRUSH.

Man, you got it rough. Wanna tell more? Maybe venting will help. 

11 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Oh, she's a lovely human being. That's not just something I'm saying because of the dopamine-brew; I've been close friends with her for a while.

The problem is the distraction, and how I feel like it was so much easier and simpler when I only wanted to be her friend. Like today we were talking politics in the library after school, them when we turned to our laptops and started working, I couldn't focus on mock trial because I was distracted. I kept on thinking about how cute her style was -- she was wearing the collar of her shirt over this nice white sweater, and I thought that was adorable. Not staring or anything... just something I noticed, and kept thinking about as I tried to type.

I kind of feel bubbly inside when I hear her laugh or she smiles at something I do or say. 

And I don't like it. On an intellectual level, I just want to be her friend and focus on other things, so this is very vexing to me.

Emotions are weird, man. 

So I finally decided to ask her out. She said she wasn't sure what her schedule was like next week, and that she'd get back to me on it.

And now I just feel like I monumentally screwed up.

Edit: Honestly, I have faith in her actually getting back to me, but I'm still really, really nervous because of it. Advice?

Edited by PantsForSquares

7 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

So I finally decided to ask her out. She said she wasn't sure what her schedule was like next week, and that she'd get back to me on it.

Edit: Honestly, I have faith in her actually getting back to me, but I'm still really, really nervous because of it. Advice?

Give it time, my man. People are fickle. Don't provoke her to tell you. Patience is a virtue, no matter how inconvenient. 

12 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

That was unexpected, but I guess it was smart on her part, to give some time to the thought (Not implying anything on your part). Dw about it, you didn't screw up.

4 hours ago, bleeder said:

Patience is a virtue

Seldom in a woman

Never in a man XD (Besides, that chic who said that was seriously biased)

21 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

Take some deep breaths and give her time to get back to you. You said she was busy, she says she's busy, chances are she's busy. Better she suggests a time that works rather than you guys like rush around because she has to be somewhere in half an hour. 

Plus, she's going out of her way to find time for you. She could have said "I'm busy nope nope" but she said "I'm busy let's find time". 

So, relax as much as you can. It'll be alright. 

Edited by Delightful