Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

5 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Storms that sounds awful, DA.  Sorry, man, and hang in there.  It really does sound like a terrible situation, but you can break free of them. It'll just take time. At least you're very aware of what's going on and that it's wrong, which is a huge step towards escaping and avoiding becoming like that yourself.  You got this, man.

He's right. Knowing that something is wrong, that what your parents are doing isn't right, means it'll be easier for you to break free when you have the chance. 

And keep writing. When I was under my parents' thumb and things got really bad, writing fanfic was incredibly cathartic for me. Even before I knew that how they treated me was unquestionably wrong, even as I made excuses for what they were doing, those stories allowed me to explore my darkest thoughts in a safe environment, without directly confronting anything I wasn't ready to confront. 

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I did a really irresponsible stupid and I don't know what to do and I'm totally panicking.

What happened? 

I'm not having a bad day, just a blah day. My epilepsy medicine makes me drowsy as I adjust to it, plus I had to take a Benadryl for allergies, and that alone will knock me out. On top of that, I woke up at 4:30am to write with a friend, and now it's just after 3pm and I'm going off of five hours of sleep (which is not a lot for someone who consistently gets 8-9). I don't know how these young whippersnappers can do this every day.

Could be that I'm just an 80-year-old grandma trapped in a 26-year-old girl.

22 minutes ago, Tristan said:

Could it be from stress? Hope it's not a migraine :( 

I don't think it was a migraine, though I've had those too.  It's faded back down to my usual level now, finally.  I don't know if it could have been stress, I was just laying in bed watching a video when it kicked in.

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

I don't think it was a migraine, though I've had those too.  It's faded back down to my usual level now, finally.  I don't know if it could have been stress, I was just laying in bed watching a video when it kicked in.

A video you say? Were there flashing lights or bright colors about the time the headache came on?

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

9 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Storms that sounds awful, DA.  Sorry, man, and hang in there.  It really does sound like a terrible situation, but you can break free of them. It'll just take time. At least you're very aware of what's going on and that it's wrong, which is a huge step towards escaping and avoiding becoming like that yourself.  You got this, man.

Thanks man. I used to blame myself heh.

9 hours ago, Delightful said:

I did a really irresponsible stupid and I don't know what to do and I'm totally panicking.

What's up?

9 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

He's right. Knowing that something is wrong, that what your parents are doing isn't right, means it'll be easier for you to break free when you have the chance. 

And keep writing. When I was under my parents' thumb and things got really bad, writing fanfic was incredibly cathartic for me. Even before I knew that how they treated me was unquestionably wrong, even as I made excuses for what they were doing, those stories allowed me to explore my darkest thoughts in a safe environment, without directly confronting anything I wasn't ready to confront.  

Bleh. I've just been working on my magic systems and jotting down ideas and crap. I really want to start writing properly but I need my laptop for that, I just can't work without it. So  much stuff to google and crap.

6 hours ago, Mestiv said:

@Darkness Ascendant how old are you? When is the soonest you can  have a chance for independance?

Bleh, like 2/3 years

5 hours ago, Jondesu said:

I'm in so much pain right now I'm nauseous. Not sure if I had a spike in blood pressure or something, but my headache just went off the charts.

That sucks :/ was there a halo in your vision beforehand? (Blurry top of your vision)

4 hours ago, Tristan said:

I'm not having a bad day, just a blah day. My epilepsy medicine makes me drowsy as I adjust to it, plus I had to take a Benadryl for allergies, and that alone will knock me out. On top of that, I woke up at 4:30am to write with a friend, and now it's just after 3pm and I'm going off of five hours of sleep (which is not a lot for someone who consistently gets 8-9). I don't know how these young whippersnappers can do this every day.

Could be that I'm just an 80-year-old grandma trapped in a 26-year-old girl.

Exposed! Always knew you practiced black magic :P 

get some sleep heh. 

12 hours ago, Delightful said:

Aww, don't worry, we're all here for you. It can be any more stupid than some of the things I've done.

7 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

A video you say? Were there flashing lights or bright colors about the time the headache came on?

Nah, it was pretty chill, and @Darkness Ascendant, no vision issues either when it happened. Hopefully the Mayo Clinic can shed some light on what's been going on, next week.

Edit: I did realize that I'd had my wife cut out most of my meds for a few days because they haven't been doing any good and I hit a really low point and was really frustrated. Scary thing is, despite feeling like Shardpoop every day, apparently at least one of the meds (I think I know which one) was keeping it from being even worse. Hopefully that means I can avoid it being that bad again.

Edited by Jondesu

3 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Nah, it was pretty chill, and @Darkness Ascendant, no vision issues either when it happened. Hopefully the Mayo Clinic can shed some light on what's been going on, next week.

Edit: I did realize that I'd had my wife cut out most of my meds for a few days because they haven't been doing any good and I hit a really low point and was really frustrated. Scary thing is, despite feeling like Shardpoop every day, apparently at least one of the meds (I think I know which one) was keeping it from being even worse. Hopefully that means I can avoid it being that bad again.

Ah that's good then. Get better :) 

I'm tired and hungry and there's nothing to eat and I have to work for another two hours and then I have to five somewhere open late to get medicine and the stupid shift manager keeps giving me lessons I'm not trained to take! Overwhelmed and cranky and angry rn. 

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

I'm tired and hungry and there's nothing to eat and I have to work for another two hours and then I have to five somewhere open late to get medicine and the stupid shift manager keeps giving me lessons I'm not trained to take! Overwhelmed and cranky and angry rn. 

*hug* Hope things are better by the time you read this.

Well, sadly, I did not make it to phase 2 of the drum major tryouts. I didn't expect to actually make drum major, but I wasn't expecting to not even make phase 2. I'm just sad and surprised, because I feel like I did really well, besides some minor mistakes. Guess there's always next year.

3 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Well, sadly, I did not make it to phase 2 of the drum major tryouts. I didn't expect to actually make drum major, but I wasn't expecting to not even make phase 2. I'm just sad and surprised, because I feel like I did really well, besides some minor mistakes. Guess there's always next year.

Sorry to hear that.

6 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Think about it this way: Maybe your competition was freakishly, outstandingly good at drum majoring and mere mortals never stood a chance. Maybe the band director(s) would rather have you in the band playing your instrument for reasons of musical balance. If you feel like you did really well, then you know you performed according to your current ability. Plus, as you said, there is still next year, and just imagine: a year from now, you'll have another 12 months of experience and practice and learning that will make you an even better drum major. :) *hugs*

6 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

*hugs*

I'm sure next year you'll do it.

8 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Think about it this way: Maybe your competition was freakishly, outstandingly good at drum majoring and mere mortals never stood a chance. Maybe the band director(s) would rather have you in the band playing your instrument for reasons of musical balance. If you feel like you did really well, then you know you performed according to your current ability. Plus, as you said, there is still next year, and just imagine: a year from now, you'll have another 12 months of experience and practice and learning that will make you an even better drum major. :) *hugs*

Thank you, that means a lot. 

37 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

There's a chapter in one of the books of the Inheritance Cycle called No Honor, No Glory, Only Blisters in Unfortunate Places.

I'll leave you to fill in the rest.

Yeah, work sucked today. <_< 

That….is actually a really clever chapter title. :mellow: 

Sorry that it accurately described your day, though. :wacko: