Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

6 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Whelp. Cox has failed to apply the meager discount they promised me. I can't get into my account, and I'm trying to decide whether or not contacting their customer service department is even worth it. :angry: 

I have no idea what Cox is, but it sounds like you should switch to their competition ASAP!

Just now, Mestiv said:

I have no idea what Cox is, but it sounds like you should switch to their competition ASAP!

Sadly, sometimes there isn't much competition worth switching to.  I know if I were to switch from Comcast, I'd have exactly one other option (CenturyLink), and I'd take a huge decrease in my speed, probably poorer reliability (if the experience I had when I tried them out a couple years ago is indicative), and not really any savings in the end. I'd put up with a poor customer service experience in that case.  Hopefully not true for you, though, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles!

27 minutes ago, Delightful said:

At the very least you can threaten to go to their competition. 

What competition? The only other company that'll service my area is AT&T, and they offer substantially slower speeds for not a substantial price difference. Cox practically has a monopoly on my area and those smug cremholes know it. 

image.thumb.jpg.c1866b44fe7d4898887ba33b468054f6.jpg

I'm so sick of being constantly stunted and held back. Pressured and abused. I only like sort of "woke" at the start of this year. Realised it wasn't normal to be constantly depressed and spiteful. So I tried changing myself. I started being nicer and I reached out to people online. But like, once I realised just how stormed up my life was and that the people around me were horrible I started to withdraw and isolate myself. I'm cursed to love everyone...but never to be loved myself. No one cares, it's always me. Always always me. I always ask people how they are and what's up and I'm always the one who worries and starts conversation. No one ever approaches me, asks how I am. I always ask in the hope that someone ask in return, I'm always the supporter and the affectionate one, hoping that someone repays my kindness with some of their own. But then the moment they leave, so do their thoughts of me. I always am the one who loves indiscriminately and throws his heart out into the depths of the ocean. People love me only because I love them. If I dissapeared tomorrow they would miss me for but a mere moment and forget me soon afterwards. I always feel so hopeless and empty, giving away everything I have freely. Giving hope and love to there at the expense of hopelessness for me and hate for myself. I wish I had more to give, more to say and do. I find myself jealous of everyone. Jealous that they know love where I have never been loved. Jealous that everyone seems to be better off than me. I am always exploited and taken advantage of. I am a tree, People come to me to be sheltered and protected as I reach out and draw people into my embrace. I am so sick of being a mere shadow in people's lives. I want to mean something and be wanted. But I can't help but feel a burden and that people are only using me. I don't think I can keep going like this.

@Darkness Ascendant *huge hug*
Mate...I've felt similar to some of what you're going through, and have thought some similar things...just remember that you have friends on the shard who care about you, 'kay? I know that when you're feeling bad, it's hard to believe it (and I don't know your personal situation so I can't really judge on this point) but your friends/family do care about you.
And even if people are horrible, there are still so many amazing things in the world. Like birds, and nature, and starry skies. Don't give up on all the beautiful, amazing things in life.
I know I'm not so great at this sort of thing, but...I hope things get better for you.

Also, if you're trying to change things, do you think you should get some help (as in professional help) if you're not already getting some?

3 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I'm so sick of being constantly stunted and held back. Pressured and abused. I only like sort of "woke" at the start of this year. Realised it wasn't normal to be constantly depressed and spiteful. So I tried changing myself. I started being nicer and I reached out to people online. But like, once I realised just how stormed up my life was and that the people around me were horrible I started to withdraw and isolate myself. I'm cursed to love everyone...but never to be loved myself. No one cares, it's always me. Always always me. I always ask people how they are and what's up and I'm always the one who worries and starts conversation. No one ever approaches me, asks how I am. I always ask in the hope that someone ask in return, I'm always the supporter and the affectionate one, hoping that someone repays my kindness with some of their own. But then the moment they leave, so do their thoughts of me. I always am the one who loves indiscriminately and throws his heart out into the depths of the ocean. People love me only because I love them. If I dissapeared tomorrow they would miss me for but a mere moment and forget me soon afterwards. I always feel so hopeless and empty, giving away everything I have freely. Giving hope and love to there at the expense of hopelessness for me and hate for myself. I wish I had more to give, more to say and do. I find myself jealous of everyone. Jealous that they know love where I have never been loved. Jealous that everyone seems to be better off than me. I am always exploited and taken advantage of. I am a tree, People come to me to be sheltered and protected as I reach out and draw people into my embrace. I am so sick of being a mere shadow in people's lives. I want to mean something and be wanted. But I can't help but feel a burden and that people are only using me. I don't think I can keep going like this.

Hey. I'm here for you. I know Elsa Steelheart is. So is everyone else here. When you posted what looked like a suicide note and we all freaked out? ALL of us? We care. We love you. We think about you. 

It could be that you're giving too much without giving to yourself. You know the cookie theory? You can give and give but eventually you'll be out of cookies and you need to retreat and bake yourself some more. Kindness is wonderful, but kindness to others should not come at the expense of kindness to yourself.    

And believe me, the people you're sheltering appreciate it. Healthy relationships are built on give and take. If others are all taking and not giving, think about how much you're giving and how much you have to spare.

*hugs*

*more hugs*

*MOAR HUGS*

*YOU WILL FEEL LOVED IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO DANGNABBIT*

Ok?

2 hours ago, A Budgie said:

@Darkness Ascendant *huge hug*
Mate...I've felt similar to some of what you're going through, and have thought some similar things...just remember that you have friends on the shard who care about you, 'kay? I know that when you're feeling bad, it's hard to believe it (and I don't know your personal situation so I can't really judge on this point) but your friends/family do care about you.
And even if people are horrible, there are still so many amazing things in the world. Like birds, and nature, and starry skies. Don't give up on all the beautiful, amazing things in life.
I know I'm not so great at this sort of thing, but...I hope things get better for you.

Also, if you're trying to change things, do you think you should get some help (as in professional help) if you're not already getting some?

That's part of what hurts...the only people who care aren't anywhere near to help >>

Lol family XD as for friends irl...*sigh. All gone.

Ah the sky, and the trees, always there for me.

You did wonderfully :) 

As for professional help...idk...certainly an option but *shrugs

Just now, Delightfully Smoak said:

Hey. I'm here for you. I know Elsa Steelheart is. So is everyone else here. When you posted what looked like a suicide note and we all freaked out? ALL of us? We care. We love you. We think about you. 

It could be that you're giving too much without giving to yourself. You know the cookie theory? You can give and give but eventually you'll be out of cookies and you need to retreat and bake yourself some more. Kindness is wonderful, but kindness to others should not come at the expense of kindness to yourself.    

And believe me, the people you're sheltering appreciate it. Healthy relationships are built on give and take. If others are all taking and not giving, think about how much you're giving and how much you have to spare.

*hugs*

*more hugs*

*MOAR HUGS*

*YOU WILL FEEL LOVED IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO DANGNABBIT*

Ok?

Oh damnation, it's not a suicide note >> so darn sorry it seemed like that...

When it comes to suicide. I'm not bothered. Straight up, it's too much of an effort.

I just had  to vent a little >>

*hugs back* (More out of shame than anything >>)
You're wonderful.

Heh Cookie theory, here's a story a friend wrote for me :wub:

Spoiler

As we come into this world, each of us carry a jar filled to the brim with glass figurines. These figurines sparkle, and they're beautiful and delicate. And you get a whole jar all to yourself.
They have names. Joy, trust, comfort, happiness, compassion... The list goes on. Each of them beautiful in their own way, and  each of them carrying a part of you.

And as you are a child, playing with other children, you exchange them freely. You laugh, and you trade these gifts with abandon.
But as you grow older, things start changing, don't they?
You start realizing that sometimes, those precious gifts aren't appreciated. Perhaps one day, as you offered one of these figurines, it was turned down. Perhaps it was even taken, but thrown to the ground. Perhaps it was even ground beneath the boot of the receiver.
And you wonder why
Why would they do that??
Why would they take something so precious, so freely given, and do that??
And it hurts so much.
So people... They don't want to be hurt, do they? They. They decide it's safer not to give out a part of themselves to every person they meet. They grow reluctant. They grow protective. And they withdraw from each other, afraid to get hurt. And the world becomes colder because of that.
And for those who keep on giving, those brave souls who soldier on and continue giving out these figurines, they begin to wonder. We keep giving out parts of ourselves, these beautiful figurines. And perhaps people take them. But... We're not getting anything back.
And disquiet sets in. What if we run dry?
And so, perhaps they stop giving as well. They hunch over what they have left, and they sigh and turn away. The fire they carry within them hidden instead of shared.
But there is another type of person. The type you are. The type who has had his figurines shattered before his face, to have the shards ground beneath someone else's boot and felt your heart shatter alongside it. To have continued giving, to have asked the same question. To understand that perhaps, you might run dry someday
And yet.
And yet
You keep on giving anyway
Do you have any idea how beautiful that is?

You keep on giving, my friend, and one day, you will meet someone, someone who takes your last figurine, looks at it, and smiles. Someone who appreciates what you have just given them, and your heart will sing as they put it in their own jar.
Not only that, as a tear runs down their face, they will gift you a handful of their own.
Look at you. One day, you will touch a person who hunches over his or her own protectively, who sees your generosity and your beauty. And who knows? You might inspire them to start giving again.
You bring beauty and love and care into this world, you bring warmth. You reignite warmth.

And if people don't appreciate that... It's their fault. Don't mind them. Continue giving. You're an amazing person.
One day, you will be appreciated, this I promise

But he's gone now too :/ 

I love you all...dam...I really do. :wub:  You've all stuck with me longer than anyone else.

13 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I am here for you. We are here for you. We love you.

Everything is gonna be ok.

10 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

That's part of what hurts...the only people who care aren't anywhere near to help >>

When it comes to suicide. I'm not bothered. Straight up, it's too much of an effort.

You're wonderful.

Reveal hidden contents

As we come into this world, each of us carry a jar filled to the brim with glass figurines. These figurines sparkle, and they're beautiful and delicate. And you get a whole jar all to yourself.
They have names. Joy, trust, comfort, happiness, compassion... The list goes on. Each of them beautiful in their own way, and  each of them carrying a part of you.

And as you are a child, playing with other children, you exchange them freely. You laugh, and you trade these gifts with abandon.
You start realizing that sometimes, those precious gifts aren't appreciated. Perhaps one day, as you offered one of these figurines, it was turned down. Perhaps it was even taken, but thrown to the ground. Perhaps it was even ground beneath the boot of the receiver.
And you wonder why
Why would they do that??
And it hurts so much.
So people... They don't want to be hurt, do they? They. They decide it's safer not to give out a part of themselves to every person they meet. They grow reluctant. They grow protective. And they withdraw from each other, afraid to get hurt. And the world becomes colder because of that.
And for those who keep on giving, those brave souls who soldier on and continue giving out these figurines, they begin to wonder. We keep giving out parts of ourselves, these beautiful figurines. And perhaps people take them. But... We're not getting anything back.
And so, perhaps they stop giving as well. They hunch over what they have left, and they sigh and turn away. The fire they carry within them hidden instead of shared.
But there is another type of person. The type you are. The type who has had his figurines shattered before his face, to have the shards ground beneath someone else's boot and felt your heart shatter alongside it. To have continued giving, to have asked the same question. To understand that perhaps, you might run dry someday
And yet.
And yet

You keep on giving, my friend, and one day, you will meet someone, someone who takes your last figurine, looks at it, and smiles. Someone who appreciates what you have just given them, and your heart will sing as they put it in their own jar.
Not only that, as a tear runs down their face, they will gift you a handful of their own.
Look at you. One day, you will touch a person who hunches over his or her own protectively, who sees your generosity and your beauty. And who knows? You might inspire them to start giving again.
You bring beauty and love and care into this world, you bring warmth. You reignite warmth.

And if people don't appreciate that... It's their fault. Don't mind them. Continue giving. You're an amazing person.

I love you all...dam...I really do. :wub:  You've all stuck with me longer than anyone else.

That's beautiful. At least he left you with that.

And I'm always a fan of getting professional help. We gotta take mental illness as seriously as physical. 

17 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

You're wonderful.

Hide contents

And you wonder why
Why would they do that??
And it hurts so much.
And yet.
And yet

Man, that really was inspirational. I loved that little story so much! That person really was a genius with words. Sorry if this is a sore subject, but is he gone as in no longer friends with you or moved away?

Also, just know that you're appreciated here, and we all love and support you. I'm not that great at motivational stuff, but I'll be here to help you if you ever need it, as I'm sure the rest of the community here will be as well.

I'm feeling really down today. No good reason - ok, lots of little reasons, but no big outstanding reason. It's just - I don't want to feel like this. I don't want to be like this. I need a hug. I really need a hug. That's all for now.

14 minutes ago, Erunion said:

I'm feeling really down today. No good reason - ok, lots of little reasons, but no big outstanding reason. It's just - I don't want to feel like this. I don't want to be like this. I need a hug. I really need a hug. That's all for now.

*hugs*

tumblr_myktl6Y7Zb1tn3nj7o1_500.jpg

2 hours ago, Erunion said:

*all the hugs* (want me to pray for you like you did for me? ;) )

13 hours ago, Tristan said:

@Darkness Ascendant Don't forget to direct some of that love to yourself, friend. I can relate to so much of what you've shared, and it hurts to see YOU hurting. Trees can offer all sorts of things, but they've got to soak up some of the sunlight for themselves, too.

It's really hard yeah. Some days I feel on top of the world, and then that feeling gets crushed by the people around me :/ Trees also get cut down, despite the amount of rings they have grown.

13 hours ago, bleeder said:

I am here for you. We are here for you. We love you.

Everything is gonna be ok.

And I love you all as well. I appreciate you all a great deal.

We'll see.

12 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

That's beautiful. At least he left you with that.

And I'm always a fan of getting professional help. We gotta take mental illness as seriously as physical. 

Yeah, he was amazing (why the hell am I talking about him in past tense >>)

eh. Professional help would open up a whole new mess of problems...problems I don't have time to think about 

5 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Man, that really was inspirational. I loved that little story so much! That person really was a genius with words. Sorry if this is a sore subject, but is he gone as in no longer friends with you or moved away?

Also, just know that you're appreciated here, and we all love and support you. I'm not that great at motivational stuff, but I'll be here to help you if you ever need it, as I'm sure the rest of the community here will be as well.

He really is amazing :1.

Nah. He's off on a mission. I haven't heard from him since and I hope he's ok, he's due to return in 3 months, but...we'll see.

Knowing you all are here for me is motivation enough :wub:

I'm feeling mega sick. Like there are bugs crawling inside of my body and making me warm and cold and I can't see right and everything is twisting and turning. I can't speak or think. I just slept for twelve hours and I'm still storming sick.