Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

39 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Do you ever just feel like life is going far too fast for you to process? Or rather, like it has been all your life but you're just now realizing what life is?

Like, you are... not exactly nostalgic for being a kid, but it's almost like you want to hang on for dear life to what you used to know, even though it's impossible because everything is just moving so fast.

Everyone else seems to have a grip on who they are and what they want to be and what's going on in their life, and even though I know that they don't it only makes me more... concerned? I don't know. 

Life's just a lot right now for me, if you couldn't tell.

Welcome to being a grownup. You'll get used to it after some time. Some might say that everyone is only pretending they know what they're doing, but I think that after 25 a lot of people have it figured out. We have our worries and problems but it's not as scary as it was :) so hold on,  it's gonna be a bumpy ride for a couple of years, but you'll be fine. Enjoy the ride ;)

5 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Why does it only take one small setback to make me feel like a failure?

idk what setback your talking about, but I'm sure one thing going wrong can't make you a failure.  Like you said, its a small setback.

Edit: and now for my bad news, we had to put my old cat down today.  He was 16, and couldn't walk anymore.  He seemed to be fine otherwise, he just couldn't keep his balance, or do much more then stumble.  He wasn't even moving to use the litter box, instead peeing in the blankets we setup for him.

Tomorrow I have to call around to various pet cemetaries, and get them to cremate him for us.  *sigh*

Edited by mattig89ch
Added my bad news

2 hours ago, mattig89ch said:

Edit: and now for my bad news, we had to put my old cat down today.  He was 16, and couldn't walk anymore.  He seemed to be fine otherwise, he just couldn't keep his balance, or do much more then stumble.  He wasn't even moving to use the litter box, instead peeing in the blankets we setup for him.

Tomorrow I have to call around to various pet cemetaries, and get them to cremate him for us.  *sigh*

Oh...I'm sorry to hear that. At least he lived a long and (probably) happy life I suppose.

2 hours ago, mattig89ch said:

:( That sounds like a hard thing to do. I'm not sure if I could have done something like that :/ 

*hugs*

@TwiLyghtSansSparklesditto Mattig. What happened? I know the feeling of small failures and set-backs piling up and crushing one. We're here if you need to talk/rant about it :)

Well, the small setback was an extra $20 added onto my internet bill, which I thought was from the service call. But no. Cox is just jacking up my rates, because THAT is how this company rewards customer loyalty. 

On the upside, I'm not feeling down anymore. I'm just royally pissed off, and if this chat agent doesn't resolve this for me, I am going to call and yell at someone. 

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Well, the small setback was an extra $20 added onto my internet bill, which I thought was from the service call. But no. Cox is just jacking up my rates, because THAT is how this company rewards customer loyalty. 

On the upside, I'm not feeling down anymore. I'm just royally pissed off, and if this chat agent doesn't resolve this for me, I am going to call and yell at someone. 

Sounds like a plan! 

So usually I'm a pretty careful guy. I'm mature and prudent and generally good with potentially harmful substances.

So what happens when I get involved in the cleaning of an industrial-sized kitchen that involves a giant vat of roiling hot water? I stick my hand in it, of course!

That combined with an incompetent (or just apathetic) military infirmary and being forced to play babysitter to somebody who's apparently suicidal, has left me feeling kind of...all over the place.

1 hour ago, Pinnacle-Ferring said:

So usually I'm a pretty careful guy. I'm mature and prudent and generally good with potentially harmful substances.

So what happens when I get involved in the cleaning of an industrial-sized kitchen that involves a giant vat of roiling hot water? I stick my hand in it, of course!

That combined with an incompetent (or just apathetic) military infirmary and being forced to play babysitter to somebody who's apparently suicidal, has left me feeling kind of...all over the place.

You're in a kitchen. Stick your hand under the cold water?

also, owwwwww

Chulldung...we're going to have to hire a lawyer. Our short term disability appeal (just to extend the claim they'd approved before!) was just denied. This is...9 months after they originally denied it, and we've been going through the appeal process for a long time now. Just...argh.

18 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Chulldung...we're going to have to hire a lawyer. Our short term disability appeal (just to extend the claim they'd approved before!) was just denied. This is...9 months after they originally denied it, and we've been going through the appeal process for a long time now. Just...argh.

Ah storms :(  *hugs*

Paperwork urgh, good luck!

asdfghjkl;'

';lkjhgfddsa

Bleh, Dad had a meeting yesterday with my school coordinator and counsellor -_-. storm it I should have contacted them first gah. Now he's going to make me out as some deranged sociopath GAH. storm nOW I"M GOINg yo lIKE HaVE THIS PERPETUAL FEELING OF DREAD T HE ENTIRE HOLIDAYS NO AREN'T I?  stormING HELL. whe n i gte back from holidays dad said there will be, "Alot of meetings". Ain't nobody got time for that rust. Bleh, I'll just not show up or something if I can.

8 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Bleargh the entire game has changed. Thanks @A Budgie

storm me. Pressure's been increased by tenfold. I know I said I wasn't suicidal....but that will probably change now. There is no way for me to hunker down and weather this storm >> 

Don't do it, man.  There's lots of people who care about you and would be hurt by you being gone.  I've been at that point before, and knowing that is what brought me back. It's not just an escape for you, though I completely understand that.  It's crushing for those that care about you.

storm me. Pressure's been increased by tenfold. I know I said I wasn't suicidal....but that will probably change now. There is no way for me to hunker down and weather this storm >> 

8 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Don't do it, man.  There's lots of people who care about you and would be hurt by you being gone.  I've been at that point before, and knowing that is what brought me back. It's not just an escape for you, though I completely understand that.  It's crushing for those that care about you.

Things do get better. Trust me, I was suicidal on and off for years, and now I'm on my own, and things are a thousand times better. It's not always easy, but it is good. If you don't stick around, you'll never know what good things you'll miss out on. You'll never get the thrill of striking out on your own, full of optimism and trepidation. You'll never get the satisfaction of looking at your first paycheck, knowing you earned it and it's yours. You'll never feel the joy of walking out with your first pet, feeling as though your heart will burst as he curls up in your arms, or when he wants to sleep as close to you as possible. You'll never discover another new song that makes you want to spread your arms and sing it to the wind. You'll never discover another new talent that makes you feel as though you've found your place in the world. You might not have to walk through the pain you're going through now, but you'll also never see the joy waiting on the other side. 

Spoiler

I was suicidal several years ago. I had some severe acute depression, and a triggering event that made me terrified of going through anymore pain and really pushed me to the edge. I know that people intervening in your life and mental health is Crazy scary and anxiety causing and every kind of negative emotion, all at full throttle. All of the unkowns are scary, especially because people around us aren't perfect.
But, when my dad took me to some meetings and stuff, it Wasn't actually that bad. The person was very calm and kind and not only did I go back to my previous level of less risky depression, after a year I started getting far healthier. 

Every year I've gotten better and better, and I've found SO much in life to enjoy. 

I know that it's hard man, but just keep going. It gets better. 

9 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Be like Kaladin! Continue fighting, surviving, and weathering the highstorm. Listen to all your Syls: @Left @TwiLyghtSansSparkles @Jondesu

You can do this.

3 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Ended up burning myself on a soldering iron today. The blistering is suggesting a 2nd degree burn. Strange thing is, about 5 seconds after losing contact with the iron, it didn't hurt that much.

Ack, no good. It's actually not usually a good sign to not feel it that quickly, so keep it covered and clean, and consider seeing a doctor. Sorry to hear about that!