Heirs to the Final Empire: Roleplaying Thread

Wyrmhero

Editing my actions:

Canceling the trying for an heir.

Action 2:

Lord Anders Farrsolin transfers temporary ownership of his skaa population as well as mines, smiths, farms, and bakeries to Lord Votir Zerrung while Lord Anders still pays the upkeep and receives the profits until the generation has passed away, at which point, all Farrsolin skaa and properties will be returned to Lord Anders's heir. Lord Anders will compensate Lord Zerrung with 50% of net Wealth he accumulates during the time that Zerrung supervises his skaa. The payment will be made at the beginning of the new generation. A public proclamation is to be issued out to all skaa villages in Seran and its neighboring lands to inform the skaa that House Farrsolin no longer has any direct control nor authority over them.

Edited by Mailliw73

I'll see if I can eventually get some RP in between doing daily write-ups for my Elimination game, but for now:

Action 3:

Naryan Gardre, as head of the House, is accepting a shipment of bread from an NPC House, in order to keep the skaa happy and prevent rebellions and such, because those are bad for business.

I might edit some RP in later, I might not. Sorry.

Public Action:

Who: Lord Cifan Izenry and Lady Helen Tekiel.

What: Trying for an Heir.

Where: Presumably, this should be fairly obvious.

When: This is my third action for this turn.

Names: Alden if male, Reane if female.

Right, that's the end of the Turn. Stay tuned for the writeup, coming up after these messages...

HttFE is brought to you by Heron IndustriesTM: Now with 20% less evil! and 20% more trolling!

Edited by Wyrmhero

Glam Urbain stood at the head of the dark, dank tunnels, staring down the dim corridors, her reserve of metals burning within her as steadily as the torch she had her companions carrying behind her. She didn't want to become fire-blind, not when burning tin. So she let the flickering flames cast long and wild shadows, her twisted silhouette dancing along the dungeon walls and ceiling. She smiled and nodded to her Hazekillers as they formed in rank behind her and followed. Each hazekiller carried a sturdy wooden cudgel. They were still slightly charred at the end from when they had been from the burned-out remains of the House Urbain distillery so many years ago.

Glam Urbain surely hoped that her house's enemies didn't think the passing of years would lessen any retaliation. No, like a fine wine, the more a vendetta aged, the sweeter the taste. And now she had a name.

She slid an obsidian dagger from one of her many hidden straps. It was time to do what House Urbain did best. It was time for an Inquisition.

Turn 4

"So..." The High Prelan of the Canton of Resource leaned over the desk, staring at Thales Heron. He gave a small grin, though Thales wasn't sure whether it was meant to be comforting or not. "Let's hear it then. We have a number of applicants we are considering that may join us, so I would like to hear your reason. Why do you want to join the Canton of Resource, specifically? I hope it's not to help your House out..."

"I am aware that I would have to renounce my House," Thales replied. "It is, in fact, against their wishes that I am here."

"Hm? Interesting. But that doesn't answer my question. Why become an Obligator?" He asked, tapping the tattoos around his eyes. "These markings are for life, recall. For that matter, why with the Canton of Resource, instead of any of the other branches of the Steel Ministry?"

Thales thought for a moment before responding. "If a task is of note, then there is no point in doing it to anything less than an exceptional degree, wouldn't you say?"

"And you believe that you could provide that exceptional level of quality?" The High Prelan seemed amused. "Either you are being honest, or you are being cocky. I think it's the latter. Why should I believe it's the former instead?"

Thales frowned. "You are aware of House Heron's affiliations, and how Tremredare has been governed so far. I believe that shows that House Heron has at least more than a passing acquaintance with the flow of gold."

"From what I've heard, the Heron heir is more interested in making pretty pictures than in the financing of a city. I see no reason to assume differently with you."

This time, Thales scowled, though he disguised it as quickly as he could. "Art is meaningless and frivolous. There is no... truth... to it. The only reality in art is what you want to see in it."

"I presume then that you did not undertake an apprenticeship as your brother did."

"I preferred to study real things, things of worth. Numbers, and their movement. The flow of wealth, from creation to usage. The logistics of feeding the skaa of Tremredare without expensive wastage. These are all tangible quantities which are the same no matter the angle you look at them from, not malleable concepts which may be argued over. Kyrus Heron may return to study under our father after his apprenticeship, but only after several years wasted on the study of glass. I did not wish to spend my time in that manner." He paused briefly. "There is only worth in real things," he repeated, almost a mantra to himself.

The High Prelan nodded slowly and made a few notes on a sheet of paper before him. "I see..." He muttered. "But speaking of waste - Even taking that into account, House Heron does not exactly treat skaa badly, do they?" he asked, dancing the accusation a little. Even for him, it would be fairly serious to accuse a House of being on rather friendly terms with skaa.

"We feed them the amount we have decided would get the most out of them," Thales replied, looking the Obligator in the eyes as to challenge him to say otherwise. "House Heron is not a House of skaa-lovers, like House Penrod. The Herons have never taught them or given them favoured positions in our staff. They merely avoid pointlessly antagonising them."

"Hm," more note-taking. "You already refer to them as if you were not connected."

"There is no point in my doing otherwise, High Prelan, if I wish to disassociate myself with them in this manner."

The High Prelan smiled a bit. "True," he said. He thought a bit, and then his smile widened. "I think you will do rather well here..."

Generation 3, Turn 4 has begun! It will end at 6PM BST on the 29th of August. At this point, I will be calling a hiatus for about a month. I will try and post the writeup and information as soon as I can after that. I would like to aim to restart on the 3rd of October. Regardless of when this starts up again, I will send PMs out a week before we restart to see if you are still able to play.

In the meantime, I would quite like it if you guys could give some feedback on the game so far in the set-up thread. This game is as much playtesting as roleplaying, so I'd like to see what you think works and what doesn't work.

For the sake of explaining it to everyone now: I will be overhauling Stewardships a little at the re-start of the game, or at least the Governor aspect of it. I will give a snapshot of the city each Generation or when a player obtains one, similar to the ones you get for your House. Cities will then compete against each other on various levels to see how relatively prosperous they are, and that will determine their profitability. This may also have an effect on the game on a global level as well.

House Elariel has decided to host a trades event! Players may, without using an action, decide to show off a sample of their wares at the event. You may use Tier 2 Goods which are created this Turn, and they may still be sold or used afterwards - Essentially the sample you provide is too small to make a dent in their usage elsewhere. Similar to the Allomantic Games of last Generation, additional Goods will provide you more chances to win, but the uniqueness of your Good is also a factor in determining your score.

The decreased purchasing cost in Lansing has finished. House Izenry is now providing a 1 Wealth discount to the first four Houses each Turn to build in Urteau.

As a reminder, at the end of this Turn, your Houses and Skaa will automatically consume one Tier 2 Food and one Tier 2 Luxury.

Generation 3 Player List

1. little wilson - Gwynne Wilson
  2. Gamma Fiend - Gerrund Urbain
  3. Unodus - Lucy Uethorn
  4. Adamir - Anders Farrsolin
  5. Blank Fate - Doran Artorius
  6. Venture Mistborn - Rowan Orielle
  7. OrlokTsubodai - Nestor Tekiel
  8. Comatose - Mikhail Elariel
  9. Aonar Faileas - Cifan Izenry
  10. Quiver - Tyren Queade
  11. wblk - Shen Wair
  12. phattemer - Apollonus Erikell
  13. Araris Valerian - Valeri Penrod
  14. Renegade - Naryan Garde
  15. Shallan - Cladent Vinid
  16. Haelbarde - Casper Heatherlocke
  17. Mailiw73 - Votir Zerrung
  18. The Crooked Warden - Octavia Protegat
  19. Kasimir - Aniketos Heron
  20. RadiantRaven7 - Ryna Ravir
  21. CraigJohn - Jessica Sarasvati

PMs will be sent out shortly.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I have a public action:

Action 1:

Who: Valeri Penrod

What: Making a contract with House Zerrung where my daughter Arina marries into that house, I send a shipment of milk to House Zerrung and receive a shipment of IronBows and 3 wealth in exchange. Furthermore, I agree to sell House Zerrung a shipment of Milk every Turn 1 of each Generation in exchange for 6 Wealth

Where: Luthadel

Why: Trading is good

When: First Action

Action 2:

Who: Lord Votir Zerrung

What: Making a contract with House Penrod where their daughter Arina marries into my house, he sends a shipment of milk to House Zerrung and receives a shipment of IronBows and 3 wealth in exchange. Furthermore, Penrod agrees to sell House Zerrung a shipment of Milk every Turn 1 of each Generation in exchange for 6 Wealth

Why: Marriage is good

When: Second Action

Tamsa Wilson paced the hallway outside her mother's study. She knew what she wanted to say, but she wasn't sure how her mother would respond. Tamsa's request would require taking the House in an entirely different direction, and she knew her mother had devoted her entire life to the military angle in some form or another. Tamsa knew that was wise--it made the House strong, and strong Houses were more difficult to attack. House Wilson was protected now, yes, but did they really have much in the way of connections? Sure, they had a few allies, but that wasn't enough. They had a veritable stockpile of wares in their storehouses, and Tamsa wasn't sure if she'd ever be able to sell all of it--not with the ban her mother had taken against the lesser Houses. Gwynne was insistent that they only sell to Great Houses, but Gwynne wasn't going to be the House Lady forever. Tamsa knew her mother was nearing the end of her life. It would soon be her time to lead the House, and she wanted to lead it in the direction she wanted.

Tamsa abruptly stopped pacing. That was it. She needed to put her foot down. No matter what her mother said, these were her  decisions to make. If her mother found her idea frivolous, so be it. She'd still do it, because she'd done the research and she knew otherwise. She burned copper and pewter, not wanting her mother to know that the grace and calm she had was not her own, and knocked on the door.

"Come in, Tamsa," Gwynne called.

Tamsa faltered for a second before continuing into the room. So what if her mother had burned Tin and heard the pacing. Tamsa didn't look nervous anymore, and that was all that mattered. She closed the door behind her before taking a seat in front of the desk.

"What do you need?"

"Mother, I would like to petition the Canton of Hegemony for a stewardship."

Her mother sat back, flustered for a moment. "What kind of a stewardship? The General is no longer an option."

"I know that. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't want it. I'm interested in a different position." She paused, watching her mother's reaction, but Gwynne just waved her to continue. "I know you've been arranging my marriage, trying to find me a suitable match. I know it's been difficult, and this got me wondering if there could possibly be a more efficient way of handling the process. I believe there is. I've looked into the logistics of arranged marriages in general, studying it out, and I've concluded that having a Matchmaker that Houses could come to will ease the burden on everyone involved. I want to be that Matchmaker. I want to petition the Canton of Hegemony to be the Steward of Arranged Marriages."

Her mother stared at her, not saying anything. The silence bore down on her for minutes, and Tamsa had to force herself not to fidget. She flared pewter momentarily before switching back to a slow burn. The warmth in her stomach brought her the calm she needed to not break eye contact with her mother.

Finally, Gwynne looked away, staring off into a dark corner of the room. Tamsa knew she'd won, but she almost regretted it. Her mother looked so old in that moment. Like death could take her any day. "I want you to promise me something."

Tamsa hesitated for a moment. She almost said no--that she wanted to know what the request was before she promised anything. She didn't want to be bound by something she didn't agree with. Yet, she knew her mother was only looking out for her interests and the interests of House Wilson. They were aligned in that cause. Her mother wasn't likely to request something Tamsa disagreed with vehemently. She nodded.

Gwynne looked at her. "Promise me."

"I promise. What is it?"

"Maintain the troops. Keep the military bolstered. Don't let the House lose its strength."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

Gwynne nodded and sighed. She opened a drawer on her desk and drew out a purse. "You have my blessing in your petition." She held the purse out and Tamsa took it, her hand dropping from the weight of the boxings it held. "Give that to the Ministry. It should help."

Tamsa's eyes misted slightly, and she swallowed around the lump in her throat. "Thank you, Mother." Gwynne smiled and waved her out, so Tamsa stood and walked out of the room. She looked at her mother again just before the door closed, but Gwynne was staring at that corner again, lost in thought. Tamsa leaned against the door, shut off the pewter and copper, and exhaled. Well. That was easier than I'd thought. She looked at the purse and tried to guess how many boxings there were, but the weight made it difficult. She put it in a hidden pocket in her dress and hurried to her rooms. She still had to meet with an Obligator at the Canton today, and she needed to look her best for that.

Public Action

Who: Tamsa Wilson, acting as the Heir Apparent for House Wilson, with the blessing of Lady Gwynne Wilson

What: Petitioning the Canton of Hegemony to become the Steward(ess) of Arranged Marriages

Where: Canton of Hegemony

When: Action 2

Why: To make things easier on Houses when arranging marriages, so they come to House Wilson to set up a marriage, after which House Wilson will use an action to arrange the marriage and the other Houses don't have to use any action to accept it. This will ultimately help Houses preserve actions for other types of actions. I'll have more details on this for everyone once it's been approved.

No time or energy to RP of late. May put something up later.

Action One:

•Who? - Aniketos Heron, as Lord Heron and Steward of Tremredare.

•What? - Aniketos is investing into improving the infrastructure of Tremredare, namely its sanitation (e.g. sewage system.)

•Where? - In Tremredare.

•When? - This is my first action for the Turn.

•Why? - 1. Aniketos is fulfilling his duty as the Steward of Tremredare by looking to the state of the city and attempting to improve the welfare of its inhabitants. 2. By improving the sanitation of the city, Aniketos hopes to improve the public health of the city, reducing the incidence of disease, and resulting in a better basic standard of living and a healthier workforce.

Srry, flying back to England tomorrow, don't have time to write RP  (I'll put something in once I get back)

Action 3

Who? Lucy, in her capacity as House Lady

What? Arranging an appropriate marriage for my houses heir (Guadium)

When? Third action

After I'm done with MR 8, I should hopefully have plenty of time to actually write stuff up for this game. :P  But for now:

Action 1: Naryan Gardre is accepting a large shipment of lumber from an NPC House in order to make fine containers to sell and/or contain stuff.

Nothing much, just an action lest I forget:

• Who? - Lord Heatherlocke is performing this action, in his capacity as House Lord.

• What? - Arranging a marriage with a NPC house for his daughter Gracia

• Where? - Luthadel

• When? - This is my 3rd Action for the Turn.

• Why? - To  ensure the Heatherlocke line continues into the next generation.

I was going to write some RP, but I'm going to be out of town most of tomorrow, and can't stay up to finish anything tonight. So, in recompense, here's a few more actions than usual.

Who: Lord Cifan Izenry
What: Starting a ward program for Noble children that are orphaned for any reason.
Where: It is based out of Urteau, but children from anywhere would be accepted.
When: This is my first action.
Why: To gain some consistent Respect from my fellow Nobles, as well as potentially adopting promising orphans.

What: Arranging a contract with House Wilson for Food and Luxuries.
Where: Luthadel.
When: This is my second action.
Why: I'd rather not lose any more reputation than I have to.

What: Arranging a contract for Loial Heatherlocke to marry into House Izenry as Bronwyn's husband. In exchange, I will allow one of my future Heirs to be adopted into Heatherlocke. I will also provide a Shipment of Weapons to House Heatherlocke, in exchange for Wealth.
Where: Luthadel.
When: This is my third action.
Why: Marriage to a relatively allomantically strong House is always good. Wealth is nice, too.

Generation 3, Turn 4

Mikhail Elariel

"Ah, Zareen!  Finally.  I was beginning to think you weren't coming back.  Now, where is my daughter?"  Mikhail, expecting Valerie to step passed the steward and into his office at any moment frowned when his heir did not appear.  "Zareen?  I thought I told you to summon Lady Valerie for me.  What's going on?"

Zareen hesitated for a moment before speaking, obviously choosing his words carefully.  Catching the steward off guard was a rare occurrence, and having it happen now, while discussing Valerie, made Mikhail's blood run cold.  

To his credit, Zareen took note of his lord's expression, and correctly divined what was going on inside his head.  "No need to worry, my Lord.  Lady Valerie is safe and sound in her apartments.  That being said, I do not believe she will be joining you to finish preparations for the ball tonight."

"And why might that be, Zareen?  Valerie may be my heir, but I am still Lord of this house.  Did she give you a reason why she was choosing to stay in her apartments instead of helping her dear old father?"  

Zareen cleared his throat.  "I'm afraid the Lady Valerie seemed a tad indisposed.  If my Lord will forgive a steward's speculation, a little paternal comfort would not be turned away at the moment, I think."  

Not wasting any time, Mikhail grabbed his jacket, put his papers into order, and headed for the door.  In all his years as Lord of House Elariel, neither his wife nor his lover had ever been able to get him to leave his work for another time in the same way his daughter could.  The two of them were two peas in a pod, and Mikhail knew he would give up everything he had and defy the Lord Ruler himself to ensure the happiness and safety of his daughter.  "Zareen, I'll trust you to take care of the seating arrangements?"  Barely waiting for the Terrisman's nod, Mikhail practically jogged down the hallway towards his daughters' residence.  Valerie was no stranger to Mikhail's office, and her apartments were located as close to his office as space would permit, so that she would be easily accessible if he required her help.  

The door opened and Mikhail was greeted by a rush of cold air.  The window was open.  The mists were spilling in, twisting and turning like a mythical beast before evaporating.  Valerie sat, huddled on the window sill, allowing the mists to wrap her in their cold embrace.  Like her father and grandfather, Valerie had the gift of allomancy.  Unlike Mikhail, who rarely used his powers except when absolutely necessary, Valerie had excelled with the Lord Ruler's magic from the beginning.  To this day, Mikhail still could not fathom how the same girl who smiled and laughed while spending hours going over ledgers and accounts could also crave the danger and adventure of a reckless jaunt through the mists.  

"Papa?"  Valerie's voice was weak.  She had been weeping.  

Mikhail stepped forward cautiously.  His first inclination to rush towards her and wrap in her in his arms, promising that he would never let anything harm her.  He still had to remind himself that his little girl was now a woman grown, and that such shows of paternal affection could be insulting if offered at the wrong moment.  There were papers strewn on the floor, each bearing the signature of a different Lord.    The marriage arrangements.  After living through the battle zone that was his own marriage, Mikhail had determined that his only daughter would choose her own partner.  It would seem negotiations were not going as planned.  

"I'm here, Val."  Mikhail carefully eased his way into a sitting position on the floor near the window.  He could already feel that age was catching up with him.  "How about you tell your old man what's the matter."  

Valerie sniffed, banishing the tears from her eyes with a brief fluttering of her lashes.  "Foolishness, that's all it is.  There's no need to be concerned, father.  I just needed a moment to myself, that's all."

"Val..." 

Valerie sighed, and then hopped down from the window so she could sit on the floor across from her father.  The mists seemed to follow her down, clinging to her seemingly fragile frame.  "Surely you can guess."  She gestured to the letters strewn across the floor.  

"Surely, you wouldn't mind explaining."  Valerie's eyes narrowed, revealing a stubborn side that she could have only inherited from her mother.   "Val, I don't mean to poke fun.  I just want to hear what's going on from you, so we can sort things out."  

"There's nothing to figure out.  They've all said 'no'."  Valerie began weaving her fingers through her long blonde hair.  It was a nervous habit, and one she usually tried to avoid by wearing her hair in stylish up-dos.  "No one wants me."  

"That's not true!"  Mikhail surprised himself with the passion in his voice.  

"Oh?  Isn't it?  You don't need to protect me, Papa.  I know what I am.  Men want pretty docile little dolls to hang on their arm while they rule everything.  A smart, sarcastic woman with a title of her own and a large nose is of little worth in comparison."

"That's not true, darling.  Someone will come along eventually; someone who will appreciate you for who you are.  All of those others aren't worth your time.  As for men wanting pretty little dolls to tote around, just look at your mother and me.  I certainly wouldn't call her a doll..."

"And look at what that's brought you."  Mikhail couldn't help but hear the slight twinge of accusation in his daughter's voice.  "You're right, mother isn't one to just sit back and let you rule things on your own, and you resent her for it.  Do you think that's how I want to spend the rest of my life, being the shrill-voiced, cold-hearted wife to a neglectful husband?"  Valerie's eyes drifted back towards the window, no doubt calculating her chances if she just bolted then and there.  "Part of me just wants to say to the Deepness with all of it and remain a spinster the rest of my life.  But then, there's always the family legacy to think of.  If I don't marry, there will be no one to pop out dutiful little heirs and allomancers to lead future generations of House Elariel."  

It broke Mikhail's heart to hear Valerie, who was normally so full of light and life, sound so cold and broken.  Tenderly, he reached out to grasp her hand.  "Val.  Whatever happens, I can't promise your path will be an easy one.  I know mine hasn't been.  But I do know that you can't go through life selling yourself short.  If all of those little lordlings can't see what a treasure you are, then they don't deserve you.  In fact, if that brand of foolishness is so common, I have absolute faith that when I'm gone you will lead our House to a place of supremacy in the face of such stupidity."  The corners of Valerie's lips quirked slightly, leaving behind the barest hint of a smile.  "You are special.  And some day, you will find someone who realizes that.  Along the way, you might find hardships and heartaches, but you will find happiness as well.  After all, if I can find such moments, you can too."

Valerie remained silent for a moment, and then all at once leaned forward, pulling Mikhail into a tight embrace.  Despite himself, Mikhail felt his cheeks grow wet with tears.  The two held each other like that for a while, drawing strength from each other.  

Finally, Valerie pulled away.  "Thank-you, Papa.  You always know just what to say."

"Well, when you've made as many mistakes as I have, you learn how to avoid at least some of them."  

Valerie smiled, but after a moment the grin faded as another thought crossed her mind.  

"What is it Val?"  

"It's just that... well, I've known for as long as I can remember that you and mother were married for political reasons.  I know what your relationship is, and that no matter how much I love you both, you two just weren't made to love each other.  And I guess I always thought... but I never really asked..."

"Asked what?"

"I've never asked you if you ever have been in love.  You speak as if you have, but if not with mother, than who?"

Mikhail laughed awkwardly.  "You know I love you with all my heart."

"And you know that's not the type of love I'm talking about."  

"Fine."  Mikhail let out a sigh.  "Yes, I have been in love.  At least, I think I was. "

"Go on," Valerie said.  The sight of her eyes alive once again with her familiar mischief almost made Mikhail tear up all over again.

"You have to understand dear, these things are complicated.  It could take all night to explain..."

"I'm a smart girl, just tell me the story.  I can stop you if I get confused."  

Realizing he was trapped, Mikhail slowly began to share his story.  It felt strange to speak of things aloud, after so many years of keeping secrets,  but as he overcame his self-consciousness and hesitation, it began to feel more natural to share his thoughts and feelings with the one person he trusted more than anyone in the world.

Actions:

EVENT: House Elariel will be hosting the Showcase, where they will be displaying fine breads from their bakery, and offering tours and accommodations in their fine hotels, at a discount for all Showcase guests.  

Action 3: Purchasing Luxury Items [PUBLIC]:

Who: Lord Mikhail Elariel

What: Purchasing Luxury Items from NPC Houses who have come to the showcase.    

When: Gen 3, Turn 4, Action 3.

Why: To satisfy his House's need for luxury items.  

Sorry! Really rushed right now, which is why this is less thorough than it should be...

Public Action

Who: Tyren Queade

What: Upgrading the Courthouse

When: Action 3

Why: to gain a bit of respect with the Steel Ministry canton who oversees Laws, and to try and earn a little extra money from it.

Apologies for lack of RP this generation.

What: Establishing a marriage contract with House Queade to bring a son into Tekiel, in exchange for wealth

Where: Probably a ministry building?

When: G3T4A2

Who: Lord Tekiel, on behalf of Nienna Tekiel

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

Action 2:

Send a missive to each House inviting them to go to the courthouse to observe an instance of the Lord Ruler's justice. Specifically, it reads:

My Esteemed Lords and Ladies,

Please come to the courthouse for an evening of fun and festivities. it has come to my attention that a certain House has committed a most grevious crime, that must be addressed immediately. I feel that should you be aware of the magnitude of this offense, you would be certain to be present. It is on behalf of the Lord Ruler, who will rule forever, that I have called this gathering. The Final Empire must be united as one, and internal conflicts, while they will always exist, should be kept to the mininum. I believe this verdict, whichever way it is decided, will provide a most excellent example as to the benefits of unity.

Most Sincerely,

Lord Cladent Vinid, General of the Lord Ruler's Boundless Forces

Seems like this week's been tough on a lot of people for time, me included D:

1st Action (Public)

Who: Daresso Artorius, as the successor to the Artorius line
What: Obtaining a bride from an NPC house
When: Generation 3, Turn 4, Action 1
Why: To succeed his parents as the leader of House Artorius

...Also, to whoever attacked my House last turn, while I was declared to be on holiday? Shame on you, I expected better ;)
Edited by Blank Fate