Heirs to the Final Empire: Roleplaying Thread

Wyrmhero

Action 2:

What: Senna Queade is contacting the Ministry and the Inquisition with a proposition: she wants to print a limited series of coins (using the Queade Family Mint) depicting significant milestones in The Final Empires history. She is asking for permission.

Where: Luthadel

When: G4T1A2

Why:They will be collectors items! Plus, I figure it will demonstrate my patriotism to the ministry and TLR, and I can earn a bit if money from selling them...

And, of course, she'll print coins which depict the Queades prominently, raising their status.

Any nobles who would like to be immortalised in this rare, limited edition can feel free to contact Senna with their bribes suggestions.

Elden Gardre, the new Lord of the House, turned to one of his assistants.  "Do you ever wonder, Barius, how our actions will be seen a thousand years from now?"

Barius gave Elden Gardre a quizzical look.  "Erm... Not really, no.  After all, the Lord Ruler could easily erase all information about this era, if he wanted to."

Elden Gardre sighed, looking out the window.  "Yeah, you're right... still, I wonder what their lives will be like..."

I spent my free time this week reading Shadows of Self, so I might be able to do some actual RP after the turn is over.

Action 2: Elden Gardre, as House Lord, is accepting another shipment of lumber to make fine containers to sell off.

Action 3: Elden Gardre is trying for an heir.

Generation 4: Turn 2

"I am afraid that, due to events in the past, The Sliver is of the opinion that the military and defence of the realm should remain under the control of an apolitical party, rather than risk another treasonous event from occurring. The soldiers are only skaa, after all. It's not as if they have the wherewithal to question orders which may involve attacking The Lord Ruler's own properties. He feels it is best that they remain under the control of the Canton of Orthodoxy."

The Lord Prelan of the Canton of Hegemony smiled as he leaned across his desk. "Of course, donations such as yours are always accepted. If you wish to help maintain order in our fair lands, gifts of gold or Allomancers or soldiers are very much appreciated, and will be put to good use by us."

Cleo Venture the 12th-and-a-half stifled a sigh and nodded. "Very well," she replied, trying not to sound too disappointed. "I understand that such a topic may be a sore point for you all, particularly when the subversion happened right under your collective noses."

Gone was the smile now, replaced by a scowl. "You'll want to be careful with your words, Lady Venture. Things can be made very difficult for a House such as yours, newly arrived in Luthadel. Particularly by my Obligators. You'd do well to remember that."

"My House has been present in some form or other in Luthadel before your precious Canton was even conceived of. Just because we have preferred a more quiet role up until now does not make us any less dangerous. It would do you well to remember that. Good day, sir."

As Cleo left the offices of the Canton of Hegemony, she almost walked into Senna Queade, whose face was obscured by a large box, though it seemed to be fairly light. Thankfully Cleo was able to sidestep her, preventing the box that Senna was carrying from falling to the floor. "And where are you going then?" she asked, with a little more vexation than she would have liked. She forced herself to calm down. This new Lord Prelan was very irritating. "And what is that you are carrying?" How could she not ask, when the other House Lady wasn't relying on servants for such a thing?

Senna put the box down, looking a little relieved for the excuse to do so. "The Canton of Finance has graciously allowed my House to mint coins depicting the events The Lord Ruler and his chosen Mistborn faced at the founding of the Empire. I am delivering proofs to obtain their approval."

"And you didn't want a servant to do it instead?"

"You're here in person too, are you not?" Senna pointed out. "Simply put, I feel it would be in bad taste to do so via a proxy. This could be one of the most important deals my House makes this decade. Why should I devote anything less than my full attention to it?"

"Yes, right," Cleo replied, waving it away. "And this wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that there are rumours of a Steel Inquisitor being present in Luthadel?"

"...They are very mysterious, aren't they?" Senna asked, deciding just to drop all pretences. "I have heard only rumours about them, and this is despite my family's connections to the judicial system. I don't think anyone has actually seen one in person outside of this building."

"That's probably a good thing," Cleo pointed out. "Considering that their appearance would indicate treasonous behaviour occurring within our city."

"Ah, yes..." Senna nodded. "Probably not the best idea to go out of my way to draw myself to their attention, then."

"Why?" Cleo smiled a little. "Something to hide from them? Just what have you been doing, Senna...?"

"Nothing at all," Senna replied, disappointing Cleo with a lack of an outburst. "I simply meant that they have better things to do than to investigate us honest Houses. Particularly when they could be looking more at Houses Vinid and Erikell... Why they are still allowed to set foot in Luthadel, I don't know."

Cleo shrugged. "It's been almost a century since that indiscretion. They are, for the most part, forgiven. As much as treason can ever be 'forgiven'. Certainly the individuals within the House are not blamed for the actions of their House as a whole. Besides," she added, changing track, "You are incorrect about them being only whispered rumour. You should ask Lady Urbain, if your curiosity refuses to die down."

"Grace Urbain's seen one of them?" Senna asked. "From what I've heard of them from the Obligators, that must have terrified her. Even the Obligators working for them find them to be frightful. What happened?"

"By all accounts, the Urbains were attempting to deliver a shipment of Obsidian to the Steel Ministry, and an Inquisitor appeared to take it off all their hands. The Obligator from the Canton of Resource was furious, but didn't say anything while the Inquisitor was still here. I suppose that's understandable."

"Yes, indeed..." Senna nodded. "Hmm. It has been a while since I attended an Urbain ball. My thanks, Lady Venture," she said, smiling as she picked the box back up. "Perhaps I shall see you there?"

"I don't think I'll miss you reminding her of that traumatic experience," Cleo said with a smirk. "My suggestion would be to encourage her to drink copiously first for the best effect. It shouldn't be difficult; she's an Urbain after all. But until then, Lady Queade."

Turn 1 is always hardest to write for... I apologise to Winter and Quiver for accidentally making their characters gossipers (it's information gathering! >>).

Generation 4, Turn 2 has begun! It will end on October the 17th, at 6PM BST.

Unfortunately, due to real-life commitments, Blank Fate has had to bow out of the game for now.

The buy/sell price of atium has increased to 6/4 Wealth.

The plague of unnamed children has appeared again. From now on, I am going to drop the chances of children having powers if they do not have a name.

By the way, if anyone can think of something to do with Terrismen servants, please let me know.

Generation 4 Player List

• little wilson - Tamsa Wilson
  • Gamma Fiend - Grace Urbain
  • Unodus - Guadium Uethorn
  • Adamir - Regnus Farrsolin
  • Venture Mistborn - Vin Orielle
  • Orlok - Nienna Tekiel
  • Comatose - Valerie Elariel
  • Aonar Faileas - Bronwyn Izenry
  • Quiver - Senna Queade
  • wblk - Den Wair
  • phattemer - Dis Erikell
  • Araris Valerian - An Penrod
  • Renegade - Elden Garde
  • Shallan - Vinda Vinid
  • Haelbarde - Gracia Heatherlocke
  • Mailiw73 - Rasdon Zerrung
  • The Crooked Warden - Tacitus Protegat
  • Kasimir - Kyrus Heron
  • RadiantRaven7 - Ryna Ravir
  • Winter Cloud - Cleo Venture
  • IrulelikeSTINK - Leyton Domos
  • TheMightyLopen - Owain Nohr

PMs will be sent out shortly.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Cleo wrote out the draft of the flier she had been working on. She had scribes who could probably do the job better than her, but she wanted to get it done. Like Senna had said when they'd had a chance meeting. Or was it more than chance? She flipped open a notebook and scribbled down some ideas for the second draft.

Eventually she gave the posters to her scribes to copy and her skaa to then hang up. 

HAZEKILLER TRAINING PROGRAM

Join us for a month full of exciting training! Don't let your house be unprepared!

Hazekillers: The newest protection against Allomantic attacks. Venture exclusive training is offered to any guard who wishes to come. The training program has two of House Venture's Mistborns and 8 mistings to offer realistic simulations of forces which might come against your house!* Already highly trained squadrons of Hazekillers will train your troops. Your troops exchanging tips with other House's troops will result in better training.

Due to the high quality of the training offered, the cost is 5 Wealth. 4 Wealth is paid to House Venture, 1 Wealth to the Steel Ministry. The beginning 5 Wealth is mandatory if you wish to attend. You may pay higher if you wish for better training. 

*Due to our Allomancer's wishes for anonymity, any attempts to discover the identity of our Allomancers will result in being turned over to Canton of Inquisition. 

Who- Lady Cleo, her Allomancers, and Hazekillers

What- Starting a Hazekiller Training Program

Where- Her Keep in Luthadel and if enough people join (10), then there will be a simulation of a city chase in Fadrex. 

Why- To help other people increase their MP and raise awareness of House Venture.

Regnus watched with grim fascination as the Hazekillers trained.

Six of Lady Venture's servants stood in strict formation with wooden staves and shields. Another six standing directly behind them had wooden javelins and bows with stone-tipped arrows. Hazekillers seemed to cost almost nothing in terms of equipment, and while they would get cut down in moments by a trained soldier, a trained soldier would get cut down in moments by an Allomancer. Stratagems danced through his head as he considered how to best fit this new soldier classification under his military. Crossbows, bolas, blowpipes and wooden tower shields, none with a speck of metal...

Lady Venture's Hazekiller training could prove useful, in the long run. House Farrsolin's Allomantic bloodline was no longer as strong as it had been. It could be useful to have soldiers to counteract Mistborn when, given a few hundred years, his own Mistborn may be unable to do so.

Action 1

Who: Lord Regnus Farrsolin

What: Sending soldiers to Lady Venture's Hazekiller program

Where: Lady Venture's Keep in Luthadel

Why: So as to maintain a trained force meant to deal with Allomancers, and so that graduates from Lady Venture's training program could teach other Farrsolin soldiers how to better defend themselves.

EDIT: Spending 10 Wealth.

EDIT II: Spending the regular 5 Wealth.

Edited by Adamir

Some additional information on the training program:

For the original 5 Wealth cost, you get 5MP. For each extra Wealth you spend, you get an additional MP. 

I can categorically confirm that Winter has no ability to grant you extra MP, unless she's trading it away herself. While I may be willing to give out bonuses, it should be made clear that this is not something that has been agreed upon with me yet.

I will just say that if enough people join, and depending on who joins, extra MP could be granted to those participating. However, as a disadvantage, it is also possible for you to gain less MP than normal too.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Sorry ah, I otang RP again. Add to my tab, add to my tab.

Action One:

•Who? - Kyrus Heron in his capacity as Steward of Tremredare.

•What? - Kyrus Heron is going to upgrade the policing (see: law and order/peacekeeping) forces of Tremredare, through training them to increase their level of professionalism.

•Where? - Within Tremredare.

•When? - This is my first action for the Turn.

•Why? - Kyrus hopes that by upgrading the policing forces within Tremredare, this will improve public order and lawfulness within the city. He believes that this will turn Tremredare into a more stable city, and that people are happier if they can go about their business without being beaten up or robbed.

So apparently you can't just splurge on actions to make them more effective... My house is incapable of spending all of its income with the 4 wealth standard action cost...

Action 1:

Who: An Penrod

What: Promoting the development of culture by offering to pay a potion of new building costs in Fellise for the rest of the generation (1 wealth for regular buildings, 3 for buildings related to history, philosophy or scholarship in any way, if I can specify this)

Why: Fellise has very little production currently and needs to get started, and House Penrod has too much wealth

Where: Fellise

When: First Action

Edited by Araris Valerian

Action 2:

Who: An Penrod and her unnamed husband

What: Trying for an heir (names: female=Arelle, male=Hadrian the 2nd)

Why: Because Kids

Where: Fellise

When: Second Action

Action 3:

Who: An Penrod

What: Building and upgrading a lumber mill

Why: Because Wyrm had to go and change the rusting mechanics of my paper mill :D

Where: On the outskirts of Fellise

When: Action 3

Grace Urbain impatiently tapped her finger on her glass, the sharp sound of her painted nail rapping against the glass repeating rang throughout the room.

"I'm bored." She declared to the empty room, holding her empty glass out to nobody.

She seemed to have forgotten to hire a steward to wait on her. She sighed in irritation. 

She though being a House Lord would be more prestigious. More enticing. More.... something. Instead it was just dull reports and maintaining the 'Dignity of the Upper Echelon'. Whatever that meant. She just didn't think it'd be so.... dull.

She did smile at the one little rumour going around regarding her run in with one of the mysterious Inquisitors. That had certainly not been dull. Her heart had even raced in a way she was sure had nothing to do with being rioted. She had to laugh at the notion that she was ambushed by the Inquisitor, or even nervous or terrified. In fact, it had all gone according to plan. But hey, if other houses wanted to gossip about such affairs, then who was she to discourage them?

That was when she had a marvelous idea. She grabbed her mistcloak and flew off through the night into the mists.

---

In the morning, as the mists departed, like in the fashion of her forefather Gamic, Grace had decided to host an affair that the nobility of Luthadel could not refuse. A marvelous ball, one to usher in the new generation and to showcase the wealth and grace of House Urbain. Or at least the notes embedded into the doors of each of the House Lords' manors said as much. Each note had been pinned onto a large metal spike and steelpushed into the doors with enough force to make sure they couldn't be easily pulled out. Or ignored. Grace had pinned a similar note on every single door of every single piece of property owned be her peers. And she personally knew that only one burning pewter would be strong enough to pull it out.

Yes. She had hoped each and every fellow noble had gotten the message loud and clear.

Action 1:
Grace Urbain is hosting a ball! And you are all invited! Just please make sure to bring your personal invitation, fully in tact and not ripped or torn in any fashion. Such invitations will be declined, and the holder denied entry.

"Bremin, I hate work," Elden sighed from behind a large pile of papers, his head in his hands.

"I believe that many would share that sentiment, cousin," the man said, lounging on an armchair across from Elden.

Elden picked up the top sheet of paper and looked it over.  "Fine, then I despise work.  I loathe work.  I absolutely abhor work."

"You've been reading my new book, I see?" Elden's cousin said, amused.

Elden pulled out a pen.  "I hate that book too.  And why did you call it 'thesaurus'?  It would make far more sense had you called it 'synonymous' or something."

Bremin chuckled.  "But you cannot deny that it is certainly helpful."

"It is most certainly not helpful!  Because of your stupid book, I have to read documents scattered with esoteric words that people think will 'enhance' their writing.  All it does is make my life more difficult."

"I'm afraid you can't stop progress, cousin."

Elden put his pen aside and looked over his mound of papers at his cousin.  "Progress?  You call this progress?  My dear cousin, this is not progress, this is simply novelty.  Detestable novelty, at that."

Bremin shrugged.  "If you say so.  But this thesaurus can bring the power of words to the common man."

"To the skaa?  Would you not have to first teach them how to actually read?"

Bremin nodded.  "As I said, progress."

Elden turned back to his work.  "Bah, enough of your scholarship, cousin.  Such thoughts will only get you killed by the Steel Ministry."

"Perhaps," Bremin said nonchalantly, rising from the armchair.  "But think of this, cousin: do you wish to live in an endless cycle, seeing no progress?  Because I have been reading up on hundreds of old documents, and they all point to the fact that there has been far less progress since the Lord Ruler has taken power.  All that have occurred are wars that have accomplished nothing but the deaths of thousands of innocents.  But if we were to educate the skaa, think about..."

"Enough!" Elden shouted.  "Spread your heretical notions elsewhere!  I, for one, wish to keep my head attached to my spine."

Bremin opened the study's door and left without a further word, leaving Elden with an ashmount of work to do.

Action 1: Elden Gardre is bringing some of their finest ornamental bowls and dishes to the House Urbain ball, in order to maintain friendly relations with House Urbain, and to show off the House wares.