You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

37 minutes ago, Ward said:

You see a thick, worn paperback on a table, and you get irrationally excited thinking it might be a Sanderson book, but no, it's a dictionary

Why do I get the feeling that certain Sanderson books are longer than dictionaries? :ph34r:

20 hours ago, kenod said:

Why do I get the feeling that certain Sanderson books are longer than dictionaries? :ph34r:

Oh, certainly. In fact, I've never seen a dictionary that would be thicker than The Way Of Kings.

You know you're a Sanderfan when the above quote makes you spend five minutes trying to remember all the dictionaries you've ever seen.

3 hours ago, Ward said:

When you're reading someone else, and there's an obvious worldbuilding exploitable loophole, but it never gets explained or used. :(

When you judge every other fantasy author you read by Sanderson's Laws of Magic.

Also when any author who does a shoddy job of foreshadowing is ruined for you because Brandon does it so well and their books just don't compare. 

11 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

Once you read one, you are somehow sucked into the magic land we call "Cosmere + others just as awesome" (yes, that's its actual name)

I am a Cosmere purist, and object you you calling Reckoners just as awesome as Stormlight. 

My friends and I just had a long conversation about Mistborn and the depth of both the worlds and the characters. One of them has read TFE through BoM plus SH, like me, but the other just finished HoA and is getting increasingly annoyed by our wide-eyed, wordless reactions to SH and BoM. However, we did agree to back off a little bit, since it is finals week and she doesn't have time to read.

... well, neither do I, but that never stopped me. :D