You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

You know you're a Sanderfan when you have weirdly prophetic dreams about future books. Found this when I was looking through my old posts: (BoM spoilers)

Spoiler

"[In my dream] someone had made a bomb by alloying lerasium and atium. Clearly my dreams are prophetic and it should now be taken as canon that lerasium and atium together make explosives."

Is this false prophecy because ettmetal isn't actually an atium/lerasium alloy? Or is it simply a misinterpretation, as is common with prophecy? Ettmetal is a subatomic blend of Preservation and Ruin. 

Either way... it's kind of scary.

6 hours ago, Sunbird said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when a non-Sanderson fantasy book starts talking about glass daggers and swords, and you are immediately reminded of Vin and her glass daggers.

I can't even play Elder scrolls games anymore. I get a glass weapon drop and get mad that I'm not an allomancer... 

15 minutes ago, Jonathon said:

You know you're a sanderfan when you get extremely excited that both @Calderisand @Extesian say that they like one of your theories (even if the theory isn't likely)

I remember when I did a theory on the realmatics of Elantris and the AonDor, and no less than Weiryfreakingwriter liked it, and I lost my mind just a little :)

24 minutes ago, Calderis said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you your suddenly referred to in the same ways as you think of the people you look up to. 

Calderis I don’t know how to put this but you are kind of a big deal. People know you. You probably have many leather-bound books and the apartment smells of rich mahogany.

35 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Calderis I don’t know how to put this but you are kind of a big deal. People know you. You probably have many leather-bound books and the apartment smells of rich mahogany.

I'm aware. My monthly rep total is a constant and confusing reminder of that fact. 

I'm sure that the people I look up to and respect on this site felt the same (and possibly still do) when people started treating them like a source of knowledge...

It's just weird. 

Edited by Calderis

5 minutes ago, Calderis said:

You may be a Sanderfan and hate the Storming stick! 

Sorry... I'll go now... 

Do you hate the stick or do you hate the stick? There is a mild wide chasm between the two. 

.....I think. 

I was going to edit and correct my mistake by changing mild to mile, but I laughed when I realized it so I'm keeping it. 

Edited by Kered

2 minutes ago, Kered said:

Do you hate the stick or do you hate the stick? There is a mild wide chasm between the two. 

.....I think. 

Perhaps she doesn't know how awesome Stick is? It is a confirmed member of two secret organizations: b.a.r.k. and b.i.t.e. and is a probable world hopper. It is on the coppermind so it must be true...

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Stick

Just now, Ammanas said:

Perhaps she doesn't know how awesome Stick is? It is a confirmed member of two secret organizations: b.a.r.k. and b.i.t.e. and is a probable world hopper. It is on the coppermind so it must be true...

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Stick

We must spread the word. Shout from the rooftops about the benevolence of the Stick.  

1 minute ago, Ammanas said:

I was going to keep going with the Stick thing, but don't want to derail the original thread any further...we could probably go on for hours though!

You know you're a sanderfan when it's very difficult not to derail a thread while discussing the magnificence of everyone's favorite character: Stick!