You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

1 hour ago, Kered said:

When your riding in the gun mount in a convoy, see a stick in the middle of the road, and screaming "STOP! THE STICK MUST LIVE" and stoping the entire convoy. 

You.....you haven't done this have you?

1 hour ago, Kered said:

Do you hate the stick or do you hate the stick? There is a mild wide chasm between the two. 

.....I think. 

I was going to edit and correct my mistake by changing mild to mile, but I laughed when I realized it so I'm keeping it. 

A mild wide chasm? :lol:

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

When a new book cover is revealed and you immediately over react to insignificant, and most likely stylistic, details. 

If she is indeed holding something in her hand and it turns out to be a dawnshard or something else very significant I owe you a upvote!

Just now, Ammanas said:

If she is indeed holding something in her hand and it turns out to be a dawnshard or something else very significant I owe you a upvote!

Man, if it is something important, I'll be quoting that post in a bump like, "I knew something was weird! See! 'what is that' means I knew!" 

When 

You're sick and a storm comes, and you run outside into it for half an hour to breathe in stormlight. It doesn't work. You're surprised and a little sad.

You stare for a moment at someone you don't like, blink, imagine them being cooler, draw them and give them the picture. It doesn't work. You're surprised and a little sad.

You get drunk on whisky with gold flakes while focusing on storing health. It feels like it's working. The next morning you tap the health. It doesn't work. You're surprised and a little sad. But mostly you wonder if you were wrong about a feruchemist being able to tap and store using metal they've swallowed. 

You see two twin kittens. You measure one. Nothing changes. You're surprised and a little sad.

You run a fractal generator on your computer and at no point does it jump out of the screen, buzz at you and accuse you of probably killing it in the future. You're surprised and a little sad. Though much more interested in psychedelic art.

You walk up to a closed door, say "Mellon!". It doesn't work. You're surprised and a little sad. Then you chuckle to yourself, remembering that was from Lord of the Rings, which OBVIOUSLY isn't real, and just burn steel instead. 

You delay helping your partner with her job application to finish a "You know you're a Sanderfan when...Part 2" post.

3 hours ago, A Budgie said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you come up with theories for other books by thinking in terms of shards and Sanderson's plot twists.

When I tried to come up with questions to ask Brian McClellan it was significantly easier when I started thinking Realmatically.

So, yeah, that's a thing. And it works.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:56 AM, Jonathon said:

You know you're a sanderfan when your friends are afraid of silly things like the dark or spiders, while your greatest fear is that Brandon will die before finishing the cosmere, but ask someone else to continue it, only they can't find his notes so they don't know what to do...

Clearly, we need to compile all the WoBs and theorycraft enough that we can reconstitute his notes.

2 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

You know you're a sanderfan when...

Your friend takes you to an oriental restaurant and eats honeyed rice and candied fruit, and you are offended because he is eating women's food.

Hey, he may just think he's still a kid. 

On 7/13/2017 at 10:27 PM, Kered said:

When your riding in the gun mount in a convoy, see a stick in the middle of the road, and screaming "STOP! THE STICK MUST LIVE" and stoping the entire convoy. 

I feel like I must be stupid for asking... but did that actually happen?

And if it did... what happened afterward? Because I'm having a hard time imagining that you wouldn't have been punished in some way

TMW you actually do turn out to be stupid because another 3 minutes of reading would've gotten me my answer lol.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you're at a Father's and Son's camp and one of the adults mentions Steelheart and you jump up from your chair and scream "YUS I LOVE YOU."

Also when you go to a BYU author's camp and are disappointed you never saw Sanderson (why'd you have to go to Austrailia? WHY?!)

Edited by The Technovore