Old Bortington-Smythe watched the fool, Faliu, as he pranced about growling and moaning at people. Sorry, Roaring, that's what it was supposed to be. "So, you want to be a dinosaur then?" That was today's artwork decided. "Stand still," he told Faliu, and started sketching on the wall.

Room A1 now has a caricature of Faliu (Feligon) as a dinosaur on the wall .

The biggest problem with this system is how long it takes to get PMs out to everyone, IMO. I think a lot of us spend time waiting during the day, just to find out what happened to us during the night and it cuts into our discussion time. 

Considering how many things need to be taken into account, I don't blame our GMs at all for it, but it still makes for a stuttered start. 

Yeah, the wait is unavoidable.  But you can always request an extension if you think there hasn't been enough discussion time.  I'm surprised nobody has done that in this game already.  

I'm actually not sure... I started in B2 though and stayed there for the first action, then moved somewhere else but I don't know where I ended up.

Going by the write up, it looks like you were attacked in A2 the mushroom farm.  That's the only place I think a giant mushroom would be.

I'm placing a vote on Sart.  He's online reading this as I'm typing this up but as far as I can tell he hasn't posted anything.

Neo, after a cycle is finished and its thread is locked, they attach that thread onto the end of the original game thread. The entire game thus far is archived there.

I'm going to lay a vote on Mailliw73, for being suspiciously quiet, even after he's returned from his trip. It's not like he's just been idling; he's been remarkably active on QF7, especially compared to his radio silence over here. Maill, what do you have to say for yourself?

Sorry for not being too active. Part of it is forgetting to check this thread since it's so quiet here. I still haven't gotten really back into the swing of things. Missing the cycles I did cut me out of a lot of communication. Karlin, because some things you've said haven't added up. You seem to be avoiding lying, but not telling the truth. This is more of a gut feeling than anything though, so this vote is fluid.

Alvron, I love the RPing you have going there. However you don't seem to be putting that much into actual strategizing or giving your opinions on things.  Also I don't think you have voted yet. Have you had no suspicions for anyone all game?

EDIT: I didn't notice your vote this cycle. Although it only seems to be a poke vote so my questions still stand.

Edited by Clanky

Going by the write up, it looks like you were attacked in A2 the mushroom farm.  That's the only place I think a giant mushroom would be.

I'm placing a vote on Sart.  He's online reading this as I'm typing this up but as far as I can tell he hasn't posted anything.

I'm going to be honest with you. I've been keeping tabs on the thread for a while, but I haven't written up my thoughts. I was inactive for the first few days with Easter, and so I'm not in a bunch of PMs. I tend to just check this thread before going to class. When I actually have time to participate, college life gets in the way. These last few weeks have been really busy. I don't really have any suspicions at the moment, as it looks like the majority of planning is going on in PMs. Frankly, I just don't have enough time for a game of this scope. I'm sorry I'm not being very active, but I'll try to help the village in any way I can.

Considering that it doesn't look like we have any solid suspicions just yet, I think it's more important than ever to get everyone to start adding to the discussion. As such, I'd like to put forth a similar idea as I did in LG10, where those villagers that have killing roles are allowed a bit of carte blanche when it comes to killing inactives. This way, we'll at least learn who is just not talking and who is truly inactive. I think more people would be willing to speak up if they knew that there was a chance that if they don't, they could be targeted during the night. 

My reasons are the same as they were last game: it takes away a place for the Spiked to hide and it makes it so that the Spiked can't hide behind not saying anything. From there, we can start figuring out if those that are just barely active are trying to hide something nefarious (maybe they're far more active in PMs and just aren't talking in thread) or if they're just incredibly busy, like what Sart claims. 

To be fair, I'm not saying that if someone hasn't spoken up by the end of the day that they should be fair game. But, if someone hasn't been a part of the discussion for the last few cycles (especially after we found Winter), then they're not being all that helpful. I'd say that there should be a two cycle period in which they haven't spoken up for them to be considered fair game. 

Take Ella for example. She was active in the beginning, but has anyone heard from her in awhile? I suggested a similar idea to her in PM as well and while she didn't say yay or nay about it either way, she also, at the time, pointed out that Tulir was still away from the game and could've been targeted by my plan. Then, the next day, Tulir shows up and posts in thread. So, not only has she gone fairly inactive from what I can tell, it also looks like she was possibly trying to save Tulir from death. 

That's the best suspicion I have so far and it could just be her trying to keep Tulir alive so that they could play when they got back, so perfectly innocent, but I'd like to hear an explanation either way and also see what you guys thought of my idea. 

Karlin, because some things you've said haven't added up. You seem to be avoiding lying, but not telling the truth. This is more of a gut feeling than anything though, so this vote is fluid.

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean, could you tell me what hasn't added up in what I've been saying. 

Edited by Surgebound Rainspren

Yeah, the wait is unavoidable.  But you can always request an extension if you think there hasn't been enough discussion time.  I'm surprised nobody has done that in this game already.  

Well, I call for it now (though we didn't really know this was an option before now). ;) Considering I didn't get my PM until after half of the day was already gone (seriously though, that's a crazy difference in time, GMs), I suspect that most people have had the same. 

Thus, I'd like to give everyone, including those that are only kind of paying attention, a chance to weigh in. That way, if people agree with my plan for inactives, everyone has had plenty of time to come forward with objections, comments, or just to let us know they're alive before the next night! 

Edited by Metacognition

Considering that it doesn't look like we have any solid suspicions just yet, I think it's more important than ever to get everyone to start adding to the discussion. As such, I'd like to put forth a similar idea as I did in LG10, where those villagers that have killing roles are allowed a bit of carte blanche when it comes to killing inactives. This way, we'll at least learn who is just not talking and who is truly inactive. I think more people would be willing to speak up if they knew that there was a chance that if they don't, they could be targeted during the night. 

There's a disadvantage to this strategy that wasn't present in LG10 - namely, an opportunity cost. An action period spent attacking inactives is one that would otherwise be used for moving/sleeping/searching the room/other power use. It's still generally worthwhile IMO, since pressure on lurkers is always helpful. But for the Village to hold the line against the Spiked, our kill roles will need to put some thought into if they're happy to lose that period. There's also the possible risk of giving away the kill role's position.

It's not likely to have any effect, but I'll throw a vote on Nicroburst, since they've been online today.

Maill, did you manage to pull anything constructive out of your PM with Winter?

In theory, I'm generally in favor of the pruning of inactives.  In practice, though, I'm going to be rather sparsely involved myself over the next couple of cycles due to a medical situation (my wife having surgery), so I might not post in the main thread, but I'll still be talking as I can to the PM groups of which I'm a part.  So I'd appreciate people not killing me if I don't post over a cycle or two.  :)

Current Votes:

Nicroburst(1): twelwthrootoftwo

Luckat(1): Metacognition

Alvron(1): Clanky

Karlin(1): Mailliw

Sart(1): Alvron

Mailliw(1): Wonko the sane

So at the moment we have a 6-way tie with no one actually in line to be lynched. If it stays like this all it takes is one spiked to move a vote and they can kill any person on this list. Or if they can move two votes then they can kill anyone they want. So far none of these votes have really good suspicion for them so I can understand peoples hesitance for voting. However it is better to have control and get an innocent killed than to leave it fully up to vote manipulation and risk the spiked getting a free kill.

Well, I call for it now (though we didn't really know this was an option before now). ;) Considering I didn't get my PM until after half of the day was already gone (seriously though, that's a crazy difference in time, GMs), I suspect that most people have had the same. 

Thus, I'd like to give everyone, including those that are only kind of paying attention, a chance to weigh in. That way, if people agree with my plan for inactives, everyone has had plenty of time to come forward with objections, comments, or just to let us know they're alive before the next night! 

I know that, Meta.  I'm not going to complain about the workload that I gave to myself, but you should understand that I'm not dawdling when I do the calculations and the result PMs.  It takes a really long time, and I also need to sleep.  To send out all the PMs before going to bed would have meant staying up at least until 4 am.  

Extension noted.  The day will end at 8:00 pm PDT on Sunday unless it is pushed back again.  

Sorry about being less active. I'm pretty busy with school right now. I'll have more time in about a week.

About Tulir, I pointed that out because I had voted for him earlier, and Wonko reminded me Tulir had said he would be away, so that was on my mind.

Clanky, you missed Jain's vote for Jaelre. So it's a seven way tie.

Alvron, I love the RPing you have going there. However you don't seem to be putting that much into actual strategizing or giving your opinions on things.  Also I don't think you have voted yet. Have you had no suspicions for anyone all game?

EDIT: I didn't notice your vote this cycle. Although it only seems to be a poke vote so my questions still stand.

I'm glad someone likes the Gravestones.  I tend not to give my opinions until I have something firm to base them on.  In LG10 I think I only voted once and that was at the end of the game.  I have several suspicions and have shared them with a couple of others via PM.

My main suspicion was and still is Sart as they didn't post at all until they were called out.  Now I understand being busy, I myself am fairly busy but I still manage to post once in a while.  Sart however didn't post anything for over two weeks and given the apparent reveal of powers by at least two of the spiked I'm thinking that at least one of the more experienced spiked is/was absent.  Of those Sart has been the quietest.

Well, I totally agree with what Clanky said. We need to have the pressure of a potential lynch or people aren't going to feel as required to participate in discussion. To that end, I'm gonna look through the last cycle or two and vote for somebody that already has a vote. BEWARE!

I... I don't... What theory do you subscribe to in which that possibly seems useful?

Alvron makes a good point about Sart. I'm not committing there for now, because I want to hold my vote to use somewhere it will help, instead of just putting us in a different seven-way tie. I think that that's a valid direction of inquiry, though, and if one or two of you decide to vote for him, you'll probably have my vote.

I will, however, pull off Mailliw73, though, because I'm not helping anyone there.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

@Rainspren: I think that metaphor works better if you bring a marlin. Otherwise I don't think it is quite worthy of David :D

Also, we need to lynch somebody, and its not going to be because of my second vote on somebody. But that is a marginal possibility if nobody contributes. I'll take you up on that. I vote for Sart. I actually couldn't really find a good reason to vote for anybody that currently has been voted for. Those are all just poke votes, and while I doubt very many people would suspect what I do after last cycle, I don't want to do something blatantly counterproductive, either.