LG99 Finale: A Final Failure

The deadrunners didn't need to do too much to finish off the ship. Barron had apparently drunk himself to death, and had fallen off the ship at some point. Rob Hertz, having grown mad from paranoia, struck out at the man who was not named Aman. The man was drenched in despair, and didn't fight the blows. He gave a salute, as he croaked, "For ever, that is all." His hands bloodied from the beatings, Rob looked up to see Brandon playing a tune, unconcerned with the violence unfolding. Bee quickly grabbed the madman, and put him out of his misery. As for JNV, no one knew where he ended up. He had been carried off by the four winds, and although Aeternum kept a lookout, there was no sign of him. The deadrunners had taken the ship. It was time for plundering.

Hairy Barron has died from inactivity. He was a member of the Loyal Crew
Amanuensis has died. He was a member of the Loyal Crew

The Deadrunners outnumber the members of the Loyal Crew. The Deadrunners have won the game!

Vote Count:
Amanuensis (3): Amanuensis, Drake Marshall, RoyalBeeMage

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. |TJ| : Grant Loyal Crew
  2. Faerie Braids : Morrigan Loyal Crew
  3. Aeoryi Loyal Crew
  4. @Aeternum Deadrunner
  5. @RoyalBeeMage Deadrunner
  6. TheRavenHasLanded: Revir Loyal Crew
  7. Amanuensis Loyal Crew
  8. @JNV Loyal Crew
  9. @The Bald Brandon Deadrunner
  10. Kasimir : Kelwin Loyal Crew
  11. Hairybarron Loyal Crew
  12. @DrakeMarshall : Rob Hertz Loyal Crew

Docs:

Anyways, takeaways from this game:

1. Stop d1ing me for literally no reason because you haven't seen me in 3-5 weeks and because I'm changed.

2. Don't dismiss weird behavior for any reason, otherwise you end up overcomplicating yourself. I kinda found it funny that faerie died d2 when everyone was saying Aeternum and RBM were acting weirdly, but yk Elims had a good handle on the game and good for them.

3. Stop self voting at lylo because that's basically gamethrowing. In fact, don't self vote in general.

Good game elims and well fought town.

Also, ruleset was cool, and thanks Sart for running this game!

Edited by Aeoryi

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Anyways, takeaways from this game:

1. Stop d1ing me for literally no reason because you haven't seen me in 3-5 weeks and because I'm changed.

2. Don't dismiss weird behavior for any reason, otherwise you end up overcomplicating yourself. I kinda found it funny that faerie died d2 when everyone was saying Aeternum and RBM were acting weirdly, but yk Elims had a good handle on the game and good for them.

3. Stop self voting at lylo because that's basically gamethrowing. In fact, don't self vote in general.

Good game elims and well fought town.

didnt you self-vote?

Yar, we did it.

Thank you @Sart for an amazing game, I really did love this ruleset. The explosive reactions were just the right touch. Thank you @Araris Valerian for stopping the fires we elims never saw.

And thank you my lovely teammates, you have inherited a glorious tradition of victory, let's hope you don't stop playing like the last set.

And thank you all the rest of you, for underestimating me once again. To the dead doc I go.

Edit: Hah, you thought we couldn't pull it through d2, well think again me lovelies.

Man, I forgot how much fun SE can be.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

8 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Don't dismiss weird behavior for any reason, otherwise you end up overcomplicating yourself. I kinda found it funny that faerie died d2 when everyone was saying Aeternum and RBM were acting weirdly, but yk Elims had a good handle on the game and good for them

Yeah, I was surprised I made it without any votes when everyone kept saying I was likely an elim. The amount of times my name got brought up and then nothing happened on it was a bit shocking.

6 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

And thank you my lovely teammates, you have inherited a glorious tradition of victory, let's hope you don't stop playing like the last set.

Thank you for being a great teammate :) and RBM too! I will probably be there for the next game, whenever that is.

Also thank you to Kas for explaining all the terms I got confused with (and Drake too :)). I will admit I followed the game better than I was letting on, except for when acronyms were involved. GGs.

Thanks Sart for running the game & thanks Araris.

2 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

Yeah, I was surprised I made it without any votes when everyone kept saying I was likely an elim. The amount of times my name got brought up and then nothing happened on it was a bit shocking.

Thank you for being a great teammate :) and RBM too! I will probably be there for the next game, whenever that is.

Also thank you to Kas for explaining all the terms I got confused with (and Drake too :)). I will admit I followed the game better than I was letting on, except for when acronyms were involved. GGs.

Thanks Sart for running the game & thanks Araris.

Good job! I checked the Elim doc and I saw you played really well there. RBM, you too! (And of course, TKN, who somehow manages to fool me every single time when Elim).

Although just a tip: if you think that I've seen you on your Elim doc irl (which I didn't) you should contact the IM (Araris in this case) privately. They'll resolve the issue.

Good game everyone 

3 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Good job! I checked the Elim doc and I saw you played really well there. RBM, you too! (And of course, TKN, who somehow manages to fool me every single time when Elim).

Although just a tip: if you think that I've seen you on your Elim doc irl (which I didn't) you should contact the IM (Araris in this case) privately. They'll resolve the issue.

Good game everyone 

2 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

That was a wild final day to watch! Very well played, elim team, especially the two newer players. Also, thanks to Sart for running the game! I learned quite a bit from this game, and had a lot of fun. :D

thank you for the complements about how i played. hopefully i can maintain this standard though I'm fairly sure that TBB was carried me and aeternum

Well, sorry for going after you hard Aman 😔 I did my best 😔 I uh, tend to swing pretty hard during LyLo.

I do think you got pretty unlucky there. My options were that you were evil (a priori a 25% chance that anyone in particular is evil, although actually more realistically sitting at 50% at the time due to existing village flips plus knowing my own alignment -- personal credences can bend this probability up or down absolutely, but it's a good ballpark estimate of the rough neighborhood those credences should typically live around) or that multiple totally independent and pretty weird things happened (only 1 death N1, Kas dying, a priori either one of those two on its own seems significantly less than 25% likely, and when you multiply the two together, this v!Aman world looks even less likely). In fact, the second one was the correct explanation: skimming the elim doc, it seems the elims hit TJ and redirected JNV without particularly intending the consequences of making it seem like there was no N1 elim kill or making Kas vulnerable that night. That happens sometimes. The "most probable answer" isn't always the right one 😔 merely the most probable :P Alas, I don't have voodoo magic and space faeries to divine people's alignments only the more grisly post-mortem kind of divination, so when it begins to look rather overwhelmingly likely that e!Aman, I vote Aman with rather overwhelming prejudice 😔

Am I saying the elims didn't deserve the win? Nah, not at all :P Winning is half creating promising opportunities for lucky breaks to happen and half capitalizing on those lucky breaks when they do happen :P It's a fair and deserved win if ever there was one. And I'm pleased to see some strong plays from the newer players.

GG folks.

The stockpile mechanic was fun. The lack of spore explosions was somewhat surprising, but in retrospect, not actually very surprising. It's fundamentally not that different from how breaching Shards worked in LG95, and if we could never seem to manage to all grab the same charges when we were literally trying to in that game, it'd be truly depraved if we started doing it when this game where we were supposed to avoid it :P Thus we have come full circle and successfully repurposed a deficiency into a skill 🙂

1. If you deliberately "use AtM" as a tactic and have a long-known tendency to self-destruct, I consider you to have thoroughly poisoned the well - I'm not invested in keeping you alive or caring because there is equal probability of it being crocodile tears as well as it being genuine. Hell, I'll be more invested in letting new players live beyond a "oh this is not their literal first game so I can D1 them without guilt." This is absolutely a MU tactic I have zero patience for. Just because it's their second game does not immediately make D1ing them okay.

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Alas, I don't have voodoo magic and space faeries to divine people's alignments

Space faeries did not lie 😔

I am the Quokka Whisperer.

Congrats to the Elim team and thanks to Sart for running and letting me be Village! I was super out of this game/apathetic and I think I spent most of my time rejoicing to Araris that I dgaf and bemoaning that it took RL busy stress stuff to keep me dgaf.

Great job elim team at causing just the right chaos to throw us off the scent excellent work Sart thanks for running a nice game Kas sorry for not avenging your brutal murder the evil team was just too slick

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I am the Quokka Whisperer.

Yep congrats gold star for you

4 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

i realized i should've been suspicious the moment i got a pm from Bee asking how to play the game. why in the name of god would he ask me-

I gave a real question and excuse. You are the only person on this game that I have interacted with is you

14 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

I gave a real question and excuse. You are the only person on this game that I have interacted with is you

which makes it even more suspicious, at least to me. like... why... god this is only your second game and you got me good.

11 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

which makes it even more suspicious, at least to me. like... why... god this is only your second game and you got me good.

did it really make it more suspicious? i thought it would have been less