Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

On 1/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, Gak said:

granted, you lose your blanket and get a new blanket that is incredibly soft and covered in complements, but it has a curse that makes it so that you can't sleep using it

i wish for someone else to make a wish.

Granted, your bane is that their wish is the same thing and their bane is the same as well going on into infinity. 

My wish is for the sun set later.

15 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

My wish is for the sun set later.

Granted, you get a full set of suns from some stellar system, needless to say, you're atomized.

I wish for the ability to turn wine into water (yes, you read that in the correct order the first time.)

On 1/17/2021 at 6:45 AM, Honorless said:

I wish for the ability to turn wine into water (yes, you read that in the correct order the first time.)

Granted! 

This ability, long dreamt of by the abstemious and the tea-totaling, is now yours; you can turn wines of any vintage into clear, cool, refreshingly tasteless water. The Nightwatcher has thrown in a couple of extra freebies with your asked for boon. You can turn many loaves of bread into a single loaf, you can turn vast multitudes of fish into a single fish, and you can walk under water. 

Your bane is that you believe that you are the new messiah and you are compelled by this delusion to walk the earth and tell strangers anachronistic parables involving oxen, scythes, wheat threshing and oddly enough e-cigarettes. 

I wish I could draw/paint in my dreams and then take that artwork out of the dream into the waking world.

52 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I wish to be a fullborn.

Granted. You are now a fullborn. You are reborn every week in a room full of explosives.

46 minutes ago, Voidspawn said:

I ask for no curses to befall me.

Okay. You have asked. You shall not receive. Your bane is that you get three thousand puppies that you must care for.

I wish for awesome yoyo skills.

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I wish for awesome yoyo skills.

Granted. You are amazing at yo-yos. Your bane is that you are terrified of string.

I wish to become a bond smith of night watcher.

Due to you failing to wish voidspawn, I’m gonna bypass this.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

6 minutes ago, Gak said:

granted, but they are really creepy and are always watching you.

So... a normal spren bond? :D

1 minute ago, Lecky Twig said:

I wish for a nice shrubbery. 

Granted, this shrubbery is also a dog and you must feed it constantly.

I wish for 1,000,000,000 breaths, as in the investiture of endowment, not oxygen being forced into my lungs.

16 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Granted, this shrubbery is also a dog and you must feed it constantly.

I wish for 1,000,000,000 breaths, as in the investiture of endowment, not oxygen being forced into my lungs.

granted, @Hoiditthroughthegrapevine picks your bane, because his banes are incredible, and i can't think of a good one

i wish for us to legitimately establish some rules, starting with punishment for not making a wish when you grant one, because that just gets so confusing.

On 1/20/2021 at 4:20 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

As per @Shob the Voidbringer's request:

Granted! 

The Nightwatcher seems to speak directly into your mind and says, "The breaths you are receiving are a large portion of the Cosmere Endowment for the Arts, Edgli expects you to put them to good use". 

With the billion breath endowment that you have been granted, and the consciousness expansion that comes with becoming a sliver of a god, you realize precisely what must be done. 

You begin staging performances of Shakespeare's plays (mostly his tragedies and historical plays) using Awakened Lego mini figures. Don't worry, you're really just the director, with your voiceless awakening you can awaken Lego mini figure set designers that construct all of the backdrops and sets. 

Here's a scene from your wildly successful staging of Hamlet:

20210121_212534.jpg.e0dfe5074277f084fa37a2704cf88526.jpg

12 hours ago, Gak said:

i wish to know what a ganderflaffle looks like

Here's what "a" Ghanderflaffle looks like:

20210121_213158.thumb.jpg.ad2967edcc512107c4e0e1c0b89e4b9c.jpg

Your bane is that instead of saline tears you now cry ketchup. 

I wish that when I pointed with my index finger I could use it as a laser pointer. I don't want any laser embedded in my finger, I want it to be just a volitional ability to emit laser light from my finger when pointing at something. 

52 minutes ago, Hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish that when I pointed with my index finger I could use it as a laser pointer. I don't want any laser embedded in my finger, I want it to be just a volitional ability to emit laser light from my finger when pointing at something

Granted; Your index finger is magnetized towards you.

I wish for Brandon Sanderson to release (pun intended) some Releaser content (like a novella) before Stormlight 5.

12 hours ago, Voidspawn said:

I wish for Brandon Sanderson to release (pun intended) some Releaser content (like a novella) before Stormlight 5.

Granted, your bane is that the content is a Mraize redemption ark.

I wish for Mraize to never get a redemption ark, and die a horrible, slow, painful, death in the next Stormlight book.

8 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Granted, your bane is that the content is a Mraize redemption ark.

I wish for Mraize to never get a redemption ark, and die a horrible, slow, painful, death in the next Stormlight book.

Granted, with some qualifications. 

First, sadly, Mraize was already given a redemption ark in the Stormlight 4.5 novella for @Voidspawn's boon/bane, so that can't be undone by your wish. Mraize will though, per your wish, die a slow, painful death in the next Stormlight book, but sadly the exact manner of his death is a RAFO.

Your bane is that you have to look at a depiction of what Mraize's redemption ark looks like (note the bane concerns his ark, not his character arc). The Title of the Stormlight Novella is "Hey Stormfather, would it kill you to make a Rainbow?" 

Polish_20210122_185016893.thumb.jpg.5ac744bb02b7a63772323c1d8140dcc1.jpg

I wish that there was an animated film of Mraize's Redemption Ark. 

Edited by Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

27 minutes ago, Hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Granted, with some qualifications. 

First, sadly, Mraize was already given a redemption ark in the Stormlight 4.5 novella for @Voidspawn's boon/bane, so that can't be undone by your wish. Mraize will though, per your wish, die a slow, painful death in the next Stormlight book, but sadly the exact manner of his death is a RAFO.

Your bane is that you have to look at a depiction of what Mraize's redemption ark looks like (note the bane concerns his ark, not his character arc). The Title of the Stormlight Novella is "Hey Stormfather, would it kill you to make a Rainbow?" 

Polish_20210122_185016893.thumb.jpg.5ac744bb02b7a63772323c1d8140dcc1.jpg

I wish that there was an animated film of Mraize's Redemption Ark. 

Granted, but it's banned in your country for excessive song and dance sequences.

I wish for a delicious chicken caesar salad that i can eat right now!

28 minutes ago, Daycrow said:

Granted, but it's banned in your country for excessive song and dance sequences.

I wish for a delicious chicken caesar salad that i can eat right now!

Granted, but you are banned from using cutlery to eat it.

I wish for the clock on my wall to not tick so loudly, but still be functional.