Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

2 hours ago, The Technovore said:

Granted. Since canonically the nightwatcher is supposed to give a boon and a bane, rather than try to give a boon with a catch like a pedestrian genie, I grant you exactly what you wish, though all natural consequences are your own.

On a completely unrelated note, your neck joint is now a hinge, instead of a socket. Have fun with that.

They say it's sometimes related, sometimes not. I'll do a wish for you.

I wish to be two people ar once, with the same personality and no other problems related to that. 

23 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

I wish to be two people ar once, with the same personality and no other problems related to that. 

Granted. 

The Nightwatcher says to you, in a nasaly monotone, "You realize that identity cannot be divided, do you not? You cannot possibly be two people at once, except through a technicality. So be it."

You find that you are a now a Siamese twin, joined at the neck. You have one head, one brain (and hence one identity and one personality) but two complete and separate bodies sharing that head, with distinct, intact and functioning alimentary canals. The upside of this is that you can now pull your own finger, and hilarity ensues. 

Your bane is that one of your bodies is severely allergic to all fabrics other than polyester. 

10 hours ago, Gak said:

i wish for G's instead of spaces.

Granted!GYouGnowGseeGcapitalGG'sGbetweenGallGwrittenGwords.GItGneverGgetsGold.GUnfortunatelyGyouGhaveGtoGpronounceGtheGG'sGwhenGyouGreadGoutGloud.GHereGisGanGexample:

GAnneGshotGaGgun,GandGwithGanGunfortunateGrichochetGsheGwentGoutGwithGaGbang! 

RenderedGPhoneticallyGitGreads:

GAnne-Guh-shot-Ga-Guh-gun,Gand-Gwith-Gan-Gunfortunate-Grichochet-Guh-she-Gwent-Gout-Gwith-Ga-Guh-bang! 

(HenceforthGspacesGwillGrevertGtoGtheirGnonG"G"Gform) 

I wish for the power to force any tossed coin to land on the side of my choosing, and for the capacity to use this rather mundane power to take over the world. 

Just now, The One Ring said:

It has a terrible smell and looks disgusting.

I wish for school to not start 

School does not start because you have stopped time, unfortunately, when you stopped time you also stopped time for yourself, your bane is that when school starts (if it ever does) it will continue forever.

I wish for the ability to use magic powers I create.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:09 PM, Shard of Reading said:

Granted. You get now have a chicken on your head permanently. 

I wish to be able to relive days as many times as I want, similar to Groundhog's day, but I can decide to stop repeating a day when I want.

Granted. You lose the ability to sleep, but do not lose the need for it.

I wish for a grilled club from Chick-fil-A.

Granted. You're so motivated you only keep writing all the time without worrying about writing something that's actually good. Also, you're so focused on it that trying to publish your work never crosses your mind, and you spend the rest of your life filling your hard drive with these ideas no one will ever see. 

I wish to be able to go to the movies safely. 

5 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

I wish to be able to go to the movies safely.

Granted. I’ve bought an acre of sand in the Sahara I’ve nicknamed ‘the movies’; I’ll ship you there cost-free and you’ll be perfectly secure.

I wish to win the Yahtzee game I’m about to play.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

I wish for a pet rock. My last one died.

The nightwatcher looks at you, confused and concerned. She bends down slowly, picks up a rock, and hands it to you. “Uh...here. Erm...no bane necessary.” She continues looking concerned as you walk away with your rock.

I wish for the next person to not have a bane.