Long Game 97: Midnight Whimsy

Szeth_Pancakes

4 minutes ago, Experience said:

Wait so are complaints only...if like...someone is rude or something? 

????

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

No, everything was prewritten. So complaints are some sort of collective moderation thing written as if they were mechanics? Like you PM the player you have a problem with and you can't resolve it. The IM gets involved but it's intractable. So you get two of your friends to just kill them and hope they don't do the same to you?

Correct *:3

Honestly the worldbuilding here is top notch considering its running off of a single name pretty cool stuff almost makes me wish Id written anything up for this instead of kinda forgetting about it 

So hm complaints I know theres a big ominous GM warning about not using them but you know theres nothing in the rules saying we shouldnt use them for mass murder get it cause theres like ntohing in the rules and besides mass murders not an in game thing thats a personal satisfaction thing good for development and moral  character and double besides there was a smiling emoticon guy in the same post cant be that bad 

So we do get told stuff about this game but its blackout so I wouldnt put it past the GM to have like I dont know a whole third faction or something mean like that at the very least theres probably more roles than Mage and nonMage cause like the Mage powers take so much wind up well I guess there more than one turn a cycle wait hang on the threads named Cycle One @Szeth_Pancakes is this a day turn for legal purposes 

I was going to say that I was actually actually finally village but the wording of my PM makes me think this is a faction game so idk

Maybe I’m reading too much into things

Edit: Szeth the entire point of blackout is that we don’t know how to play the game :|

Edited by Matrim's Dice

32 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I imagine the complaints system has something to do with the "real life" part of the game. Which I don't really understand.

Also, if anyone has any sport-related items, please send me a PM. Might as well try and figure the rest of this game.

*smiles wide*

Too wide

*a Cheshire Cat with a name tag reading "Aman" leers*

I'm the Goalkeeper. Or the Striker, or the Captain. I'm not picky.

You?

:P

2 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I'll clarify that complaints do not stack. You have one complaint, and it renews every two cycles.

What’s the point of the renewal if they don’t stack?

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I’m actually a neutral Kandra.

I'm going to be a stab voter and Lynchbait combo if we're going with the lg92 gambits and roles. Devo

(Also idk how to rp in se help me pls)

EDIT: Probably will be PM spidering, since it worked so well last game. Can't wait to be called performative again :P

Although no PM spidering for a good while

Edited by Aeoryi

So, I actually have a bit of time now to get some early thoughts in.

So based on stuff in my role PM and some of the things discussed here, it seems the game might be split into a 'in game' section and a 'real life' section, with the in-game stuff being stuff like the mage and non-mage stuff, and the 'real life' section being stuff related to the complaints and the real life part of our GM PM's, which seems to include stuff related to sports (but also stuff not really related to sports).

Only way to find out would be to test it, but the complaints might not also actually remove someone from the game, just form the 'in game' section? And given the warning about them, complaints that are not grounded in reasons from the 'real life' section might not work or even backfire.

8 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I imagine the complaints system has something to do with the "real life" part of the game. Which I don't really understand.

Also, if anyone has any sport-related items, please send me a PM. Might as well try and figure the rest of this game.

I had a similar thought and the answer is no. The community moderation complaints system is not a gimmick meant to be used in a 'real life' that is actually in game, per the GM. 

I'm tempted to test it by placing a complaint on myself near the end of the game just in case it does something fun, but I'm 99% sure it's just a poorly explained OOG tool playtest 

7 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

EDIT: Probably will be PM spidering, since it worked so well last game. Can't wait to be called performative again :P

Although no PM spidering for a good while

Gasp! Why no pm spidering for a while, too busy using your elim doc? :P. 

I'm assuming role madness here. My item is related to cooking. PM me if you're similar. 

Experience detess

Sad news everyone for this next like 24 hours or so idk how long really but turns out the flu and covid booster 1-2 is kinda just tearing through my system so yeah extremely tired 

Probably not gonna do anything for around next 24 hours but after a good days rest hopefully able to come back all prim and proper with a working brain (for any given definition of working)

9 hours ago, DeTess said:

So, I actually have a bit of time now to get some early thoughts in.

So based on stuff in my role PM and some of the things discussed here, it seems the game might be split into a 'in game' section and a 'real life' section, with the in-game stuff being stuff like the mage and non-mage stuff, and the 'real life' section being stuff related to the complaints and the real life part of our GM PM's, which seems to include stuff related to sports (but also stuff not really related to sports).

Only way to find out would be to test it, but the complaints might not also actually remove someone from the game, just form the 'in game' section? And given the warning about them, complaints that are not grounded in reasons from the 'real life' section might not work or even backfire.

Remove me from the game :eyes:

59 minutes ago, STINK said:

Sad news everyone for this next like 24 hours or so idk how long really but turns out the flu and covid booster 1-2 is kinda just tearing through my system so yeah extremely tired 

Probably not gonna do anything for around next 24 hours but after a good days rest hopefully able to come back all prim and proper with a working brain (for any given definition of working)

Similar, but I have to work more. So less activity.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Gasp! Why no pm spidering for a while, too busy using your elim doc? :P. 

Experience detess

I have already mentioned I can't really spend a lot of time on this game today. Hence why "not for a while"

Question: since people have been talking about neutral SKing kandras, do those factions get a doc?

21 minutes ago, Experience said:

I...actually don't think it's role madness, unless you are counting items as roles then maybe ig.

Just madness; no roles needed

12 minutes ago, Experience said:

Usually kandras are on their own, right?

Yes but there is no evidence of a kandra existing beyond Araris’ clear joke :P 

Btw I take back my statement that I thought this was a faction game, I misunderstood the rules (aka I hadn’t read them in awhile)

Aeoryi

15 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I was going to say that I was actually actually finally village but the wording of my PM makes me think this is a faction game so idk

How many factions does it make you think there are? We know from the basic rules that there's Affected and Non-Affected, the latter of which just needs to kill the former while the Affected may need to do other things. [Oh well. Not going to delete this just because you posted.]

45 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Question: since people have been talking about neutral SKing kandras, do those factions get a doc?

Pretty sure Araris was lying about this. It's inconsistent whether or not single-player factions get docs, it mostly depends on whether the GM wants people to read it after the game. Usually those players can ask for a doc though.

Removing vote from TKN since complaints are only for moderation.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Do we know this, or is it still speculation?

Szeth said that these two

17 hours ago, Experience said:

Wait so are complaints only...if like...someone is rude or something? 

????

17 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

No, everything was prewritten. So complaints are some sort of collective moderation thing written as if they were mechanics? Like you PM the player you have a problem with and you can't resolve it. The IM gets involved but it's intractable. So you get two of your friends to just kill them and hope they don't do the same to you?

were correct, and I don't see why he'd lie about that.

15 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

6 hours ago, Archer said:

I'm assuming role madness here. My item is related to cooking. PM me if you're similar. 

10 hours ago, DeTess said:

Yuo guys seem to be getting such spicy GM PMs. Idk man, seems like mine's the only one that makes it seem like this game's not got anything hiding behind the curtains (though I don't doubt it most certainly does). Maybe I just don't have a life outside the game. :')

15 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yeah, no, I think you'd know if you were village. Just sayin' :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Archer said:

I had a similar thought and the answer is no. The community moderation complaints system is not a gimmick meant to be used in a 'real life' that is actually in game, per the GM. 

I'm tempted to test it by placing a complaint on myself near the end of the game just in case it does something fun, but I'm 99% sure it's just a poorly explained OOG tool playtest 

Doesn't make too much sense to me to have complaints renew every 2 cycles  if they're supposed to be a moderation tool. I mean, maybe I missed something, but have there been any recent incidents that were not able to be solved by the GM or IM? Makes me suspect Szeth's just being mysterious/tongue-in-cheek with the clarifications, where real-life (and other synonyms) really is an in-LG term for some specific mechanism. Plus all the emojis are kinda ... amusing :)

15 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

*serious face*

ay there’s been a lot of questioning of my ruleset lately, and I just want to say. Stop that. Play the game how it’s supposed to be played. End of story ⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝♡

And how is it supposed to be played? :)

41 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Remove me from the game :eyes:

EYES

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Szeth said that these two

were correct, and I don't see why he'd lie about that.

I guess. That just seems so weird though. Like a completely pointless mechanic. With the addition of the “real-life” items I have a hard time believing that’s the only use for them.

2 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

Yeah, no, I think you'd know if you were village. Just sayin' :ph34r:

Yeah, but being the green faction doesn’t mean much if there are blue and orange and purple ones as well, yknow?

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I guess. That just seems so weird though. Like a completely pointless mechanic. With the addition of the “real-life” items I have a hard time believing that’s the only use for them.

Inb4 that turns out to literally be a game ending mechanism or the only way for your team to win in the last cycle :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Mark IV said:

Doesn't make too much sense to me to have complaints renew every 2 cycles  if they're supposed to be a moderation tool. I mean, maybe I missed something, but have there been any recent incidents that were not able to be solved by the GM or IM? Makes me suspect Szeth's just being mysterious/tongue-in-cheek with the clarifications, where real-life (and other synonyms) really is an in-LG term for some specific mechanism. Plus all the emojis are kinda ... amusing :)

You're welcome to pepper the GM with direct questions in your GM PM. I got a fairly straightforward response when I asked.

My working theory is that while the traditional result of being exed or NKed is death (boo), 'dead' players instead go to 'the Real World' and have an impact on the game from there (yay). 

Also, vanilla exist! It's right there in the rules that I hadn't bothered to reread. My bad. Looks like they're just there to gather and pass magic.