5 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I’m kinda confused why anyone thinks Hoid would have converted me after I advertised that I’d be very inactive for the first portion of the game.

Unless Drake decides to murder everyone though it seems like the game is functionally over, so I suppose I won’t mind too terribly much if I get exed.

They also converted Fadran who wasn’t super active though :P 

I’ll vote Araris for now, and a tie would be best i think. @Araris Valerian can I convince you to move your vote off TJ? You can switch to voting me if you want :P I don’t want TJ involved in the tie at all, if possible. 

edit: 

mobile VC with bad line spacing: 

TJ (1): Araris 

Araris (2): Szeth, Stick

JNV (1): TBB

Ill check in before rollover to see if i need to switch votes to ensure a tie

Edited by _Stick_

39 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I don’t want TJ involved in the tie at all, if possible.

Is there a reason for that? 

Just to throw a wrench into things I’ll mention that I have 2 charges of Cultivation (you actually already knew that if you read my PM with Kas).

3 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Is there a reason for that? 

Just to throw a wrench into things I’ll mention that I have 2 charges of Cultivation (you actually already knew that if you read my PM with Kas).

I think he’s probably the villagerest villager left and currently more useful than me 

Yeah aaaand you won’t use that today right :ph34r: 

Current VC:

• (2) Araris ValerianStickSzeth_Pancakes,
  • (1) JNVThe Bald Brandon,
  • (1) |TJ|: Araris Valerian

Approximately 45 minutes remain in the turn to submit your votes and actions!

Edited by Amanuensis

Oof I’m sliding in under the bell, sorry everyone

I’ll add on the train on Araris to counter any Avatars, but I’m really surprised no one’s been going for them the last couple cycles. Hoid needed to get all 16 Shards and wasn’t even close. If we lose one more villager after this we may lose to Autonomy.

———

Trukal got rollover’ed and did not do anything interesting.

LG95 Night Eight: Proven

The Broker had proved effective, and lived another day. Sitting down with the other six, one of which still had to be Frost, a deal was perhaps made. 

The Broker lived another day. Instead, another life was taken.

Perhaps they thought that life would not be innocent. But Araris Valerian certainly allied with the 17th Shard. That was proven.

Araris Valerian was executed! They were a 17th Shard Researcher!

Vote Count:

• Araris Valerian (2): Szeth_Pancakes, Walin
  • |TJ| (1): Araris Valerian, SAXOPHONE
  • JNV (1): The Bald Brandon
  • The Bald Brandon (1): DRUMS

Night Eight has begun!

This turn will end on 10:00 PM PDT / 5:00 AM GMT (+1 Day) on June 30th, in ~24 hours.

Just a note with this rollover - I've got work again so, might be busy. Also, SP3 is right around the corner! Please remember to not spoil things.

Shard Status:

Spoiler
  • Ambition:       CONTAINED :( 
  • Autonomy:     BREACHED :) 
  • Cultivation:    CONTAINED :( 
  • Devotion:       CONTAINED :( 
  • Dominion:      CONTAINED :( 
  • Endowment:  CONTAINED :( 
  • Honor:            CONTAINED :( 
  • Invention:       CONTAINED :( 
  • Mercy:            CONTAINED :( 
  • Odium:           BREACHED :) 
  • Preservation: CONTAINED :( 
  • Prudence:      CONTAINED :( 
  • Ruin:               BREACHED :) 
  • Survival:         CONTAINED :( 
  • Whimsy:         CONTAINED :ph34r:
  • Valor:              CONTAINED :( 

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Ivam the Mad - 
  2. Kasimir @_Stick_ - Evgeny Karamazov - 
  3. The Wandering Wizard - The Poet - Hoid
  4. Fifth Scholar - Dr. Mattithias Gunther - Standard of Unity Researcher
  5. @Szeth_Pancakes - Liene - 
  6. @|TJ| - Al - 
  7. DeTess - Tessa DeLoren - 17th Shard Researcher
  8. Archer - Olivier Cosmos - Adonalsium's Chosen Researcher
  9. @JNV - Jai - 
  10. xinoeph512 - Xorial - 17th Shard Researcher
  11. The Last Fae - 17th Shard Researcher
  12. @DrakeMarshall - Adjunct Professor Uther - 
  13. Matrim's Dice - Sir Arren Brockett - Khrissala
  14. Sart - 17th Shard Researcher
  15. STINK - Standard of Unity Researcher
  16. Elandera - Telan - Standard of Unity Researcher
  17. Araris Valerian -  17th Shard Researcher
  18. @Walin -  
  19. TheAlpha929 - Felt Jr. - 17th Shard Researcher
  20. Channelknight Fadran - Adonalsium's Chosen Researcher
  21. Turtle - Letta Turson - 17th Shard Researcher
  22. VOCALS
  23. PIANO
  24. SAXOPHONE
  25. TROMBONE
  26. DRUMS

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • >INSERT FUNNY AND/OR CLEVER CALLBACK TO EASTER EGG HERE<
  • Lorn Haemtes has been doing just fine, thank you very much.
  • Anyone actually looking in here or am I pasting this over and over again for nothing?
  • You may only pass one Charge of Investiture or one Shard in a Passing action.
  • Charges of Investiture (whether Autonomy Charges or other Charges) held by Autonomous Players do not count towards the Autonomous Sudden Death Win Condition.
  • Multiple factions can win at the same time if they complete their (Normal or SD) win conditions at the same time. I don't think there's a way to get all 4 main factions to win at the same time, but if you all find one... congratulations?
  • Invention's Investment Ability can be used on Avatars, which will grant Invention an Autonomy Charge.
  • All actions are limited to once per cycle, unless otherwise noted (Autonomy's Shardic, Whimsy's Shardic, and Researcher returning Shards to Containment).
  • Vessel Action and Vessel Shield do not stack. Vessels can "gain" them from other sources, but that only matters if they pass their Shard while they would still have Vessel Action/Vessel Shield from another source.
  • Avatars can exist on the same Shardworld as each other.
  • Shardworlds get a new Doc each time the player list on that Shardworld changes.
  • Avatars and players will be put in the player list for each Shardworld Doc (i.e. you can't pretend you're not there).
  • Shardworld presences are not publicized in thread.
  • Hoid and Khriss's Conversions take place before Shardic Inheritance from Breaching (or other reasons).
  • Consuming Investiture does take actions.
  • Charges of Investiture that are used then Roleblocked (or otherwise fail) are lost, as are Charges of Investiture used on a Roleblocked Shardworld action.
  • Hoid and Khriss do not lose Conversion Charges on Roleblocked or failed conversions.
  • In the event that Hoid and Khriss target the same player for conversion, both conversions fail.
  • The only abilities that contribute to Shardic Breaching are Researcher Siphons, Khriss's double-Siphon, and Hoid's Sabotage.
  • Returned keep the alignment and win condition they died with when they Return.
  • Valor Charges cannot be used on yourself.
  • Worldhopping is only a Day action.
  • Two players using actions to create 1-on-1 PMs with each other will consume both Charges/actions/etc and only create 1 PM.
  • Avatars only count as players for the Autonomous win condition, not for other factions' win conditions.
  • Avatars in Shardworlds and Ambition in the Cognitive Realm should speak in bold - other players should not (a bit for emphasis is okay, just don't write entire sentences).
  • You cannot create PMs with Avatars.
  • You cannot cut players in half.
  • Whimsy has Breached.
  • Ignore previous statement, Whimsy has not Breached.
  • Ignore previous two statements, Whimsy will breach when it wants to.
  • Ignore previous statement, Whimsy has not not not Breached.
  • It's late.
  • I'm tired.
  • Lament you spared Lament you spared Lament you spared Lament you spared Lament you spared

Weeeellllppp. Trying to go for the train is a tried technique of mine but in this case not a true one. I can’t remember the last time it did work, anyway.

Also TJ, I’m not a Hoidite, if you’re basing that conclusion off my last post. Looking at the roles I don’t really know what the Hoidites can do right now, and removing the Avatar almost-majority seems like a much higher priority. I’m going for a charge tonight (I have 2 with me), worldhopping to Braize, and killing an Avatar, if uninterrupted. I haven’t been following the game closely but that seems pretty cut and dry to me. As far as I can tell it will be easy to get a Researcher win once the Avatars are taken care of. I haven’t looked at either Odium’s or Ruin’s win conditions but Drake seems to want to give up his shard, so that just leaves Ruin that I need to brush up on, and Autonomy appears (to me) to be a clear population-threat.

I’m going to go read over the relevant rules sections tomorrow and get back to you. I’ve got time tomorrow to go over the threads as well but I can’t guarantee that I’ll do that.

————————

Trukal awoke sleeping in a cot. This was a guest room in Silverlight, it seemed; had he wandered so far from his sleeping quarters that he just fell asleep in a random abandoned room?

No, as he awoke he realized this was deliberate. Continuing to avoid any way he could be tracked or betrayed, discussing with other researchers over the Coppernet or in groups. Yet another researcher had been killed because of a disagreement on guilt.

Well, now that he was up, it was time to do some research.

Wait, Braize went kablooey? Alright, I’ll read the other cycles.

Also, joining a hammer is both e!me and v!me behavior. Especially considering that in that first hammer, I voted out TWW who was Hoid. I’m playing by the seat of my pants right now, everyone. Or, was. I’m going to read the rest of the rules and cycles and maybe get caught up enough to contribute. Just to repeat my reasoning that’s I’ve checked the rules for—if there’s 7 alive players and 5 Avatars plus Bavadin right now, then a death of two non-Avatars means Autonomy wins. I don’t see how erasing the last Hoidite is a higher priority than reducing the number of Avatars. Now that I know Braize is gone I don’t have any plans and likely may not be very helpful from here on out, but me dying seems less productive than going after an Avatar.

Me being Bavadin is a much scarier alternative, and I’d understand if you go after me for that, but I don’t get going after me for being a Hoidite.

—————

Trukal had some oatmeal.*
—————

*Trukal is not an exact representation of me and my actions during the game. I did not have oatmeal.

1 hour ago, Walin said:

Also, joining a hammer is both e!me and v!me behavior.

:thonking:

1 hour ago, Walin said:

Especially considering that in that first hammer, I voted out TWW who was Hoid.

Pretty good deal I'd say! Hoid in exchange for Odium.

LG95 Day Nine: Not Over Yet

Several things happened last night, but Lorn wasn't around to see most of them. He was beginning to schedule other things in his life. Vacations, books, jobs - can't put of everything for the end of the world.

Yes, this is self-reflective.

Walin was killed! They were an Adonalsium's Chosen Researcher!

TROMBONE was killed! They were an Avatar!

Scadrial has been Destroyed!

Whimsy has Breac- oh, no, no it hasn't. Who put this on my desk?

Day Nine has begun!

This turn will end on 10:00 PM PDT / 5:00 AM GMT (+1 Day) on July 2nd, in ~48 hours. Not sure how busy I'll be. Also, please remember to avoid SP3 spoilers! I may not have much time to read it.

Shard Status:

Spoiler
  • Ambition:       CONTAINED :( 
  • Autonomy:     BREACHED :) 
  • Cultivation:    CONTAINED :( 
  • Devotion:       CONTAINED :( 
  • Dominion:      CONTAINED :( 
  • Endowment:  CONTAINED :( 
  • Honor:            CONTAINED :( 
  • Invention:       CONTAINED :( 
  • Mercy:            CONTAINED :( 
  • Odium:           BREACHED :) 
  • Preservation: CONTAINED :( 
  • Prudence:      CONTAINED :( 
  • Ruin:               BREACHED :) 
  • Survival:         CONTAINED :( 
  • Whimsy:         CONTAINED :ph34r:
  • Valor:              CONTAINED :( 

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Ivam the Mad - 
  2. Kasimir @_Stick_ - Evgeny Karamazov - 
  3. The Wandering Wizard - The Poet - Hoid
  4. Fifth Scholar - Dr. Mattithias Gunther - Standard of Unity Researcher
  5. @Szeth_Pancakes - Liene - 
  6. @|TJ| - Al - 
  7. DeTess - Tessa DeLoren - 17th Shard Researcher
  8. Archer - Olivier Cosmos - Adonalsium's Chosen Researcher
  9. @JNV - Jai - 
  10. xinoeph512 - Xorial - 17th Shard Researcher
  11. The Last Fae - 17th Shard Researcher
  12. @DrakeMarshall - Adjunct Professor Uther - 
  13. Matrim's Dice - Sir Arren Brockett - Khrissala
  14. Sart - 17th Shard Researcher
  15. STINK - Standard of Unity Researcher
  16. Elandera - Telan - Standard of Unity Researcher
  17. Araris Valerian -  17th Shard Researcher
  18. Walin -  Adonalsium's Chosen Researcher
  19. TheAlpha929 - Felt Jr. - 17th Shard Researcher
  20. Channelknight Fadran - Adonalsium's Chosen Researcher
  21. Turtle - Letta Turson - 17th Shard Researcher
  22. VOCALS
  23. PIANO
  24. SAXOPHONE
  25. TROMBONE - Avatar
  26. DRUMS

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • >INSERT FUNNY AND/OR CLEVER CALLBACK TO EASTER EGG HERE<
  • Lorn Haemtes has been doing just fine, thank you very much.
  • Anyone actually looking in here or am I pasting this over and over again for nothing?
  • You may only pass one Charge of Investiture or one Shard in a Passing action.
  • Charges of Investiture (whether Autonomy Charges or other Charges) held by Autonomous Players do not count towards the Autonomous Sudden Death Win Condition.
  • Multiple factions can win at the same time if they complete their (Normal or SD) win conditions at the same time. I don't think there's a way to get all 4 main factions to win at the same time, but if you all find one... congratulations?
  • Invention's Investment Ability can be used on Avatars, which will grant Invention an Autonomy Charge.
  • All actions are limited to once per cycle, unless otherwise noted (Autonomy's Shardic, Whimsy's Shardic, and Researcher returning Shards to Containment).
  • Vessel Action and Vessel Shield do not stack. Vessels can "gain" them from other sources, but that only matters if they pass their Shard while they would still have Vessel Action/Vessel Shield from another source.
  • Avatars can exist on the same Shardworld as each other.
  • Shardworlds get a new Doc each time the player list on that Shardworld changes.
  • Avatars and players will be put in the player list for each Shardworld Doc (i.e. you can't pretend you're not there).
  • Shardworld presences are not publicized in thread.
  • Hoid and Khriss's Conversions take place before Shardic Inheritance from Breaching (or other reasons).
  • Consuming Investiture does take actions.
  • Charges of Investiture that are used then Roleblocked (or otherwise fail) are lost, as are Charges of Investiture used on a Roleblocked Shardworld action.
  • Hoid and Khriss do not lose Conversion Charges on Roleblocked or failed conversions.
  • In the event that Hoid and Khriss target the same player for conversion, both conversions fail.
  • The only abilities that contribute to Shardic Breaching are Researcher Siphons, Khriss's double-Siphon, and Hoid's Sabotage.
  • Returned keep the alignment and win condition they died with when they Return.
  • Valor Charges cannot be used on yourself.
  • Worldhopping is only a Day action.
  • Two players using actions to create 1-on-1 PMs with each other will consume both Charges/actions/etc and only create 1 PM.
  • Avatars only count as players for the Autonomous win condition, not for other factions' win conditions.
  • Avatars in Shardworlds and Ambition in the Cognitive Realm should speak in bold - other players should not (a bit for emphasis is okay, just don't write entire sentences).
  • You cannot create PMs with Avatars.
  • You cannot cut players in half.
  • Whimsy has Breached.
  • Ignore previous statement, Whimsy has not Breached.
  • Ignore previous two statements, Whimsy will breach when it wants to.
  • Ignore previous statement, Whimsy has not not not Breached.
  • Autonomous win when the number of Autonomous Players + the number of Avatars is greater than (not merely equal to) the number of non-Autonomous Players.
  • It's late.
  • I'm tired.
  • Lament you spared Lament you spared Lament you spared Lament you spared Lament you spared

Hmm JNV used their vessel action + ruinous kill on Walin while Walin killed the Avatar RIP

I’m guessing TBB has Autonomy now, or should have it this cycle 

JNV has now achieved their win con right? ;eyes;

4 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Hmm JNV used their vessel action + ruinous kill on Walin while Walin killed the Avatar RIP

Physically impossible planet destroying takes my Shardic and I cnat use that more than once per cycle so yeah Im assuming Odium shot Walin

7 hours ago, |TJ| said:

it's 5-5 currently. if we kill drake now, i don't think drake wins with us. so its going to be another no kill cycle? 

New Autonomy uses Investment to make a new vessel and a third Shardic to convert makes it 5 6 oh and I didnt get told my location but Ive asked and Ill edit it in when I get told

Edit Im on Silverlight but I guess putting the Shards back is a secondary issue cause the village could just get regular win by voting Drake

Edited by JNV

5 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

But we want a mutual win, no?

In all worlds where the village wins Drake needs to die and we can all win this turn cause I got my wincon and new Autonomy can use Investment action to make new Shard and Shardic action to convert then everyone votes Drake so it ends up well I guess it ends up 4 6 cause of the conversion forgot to subtract in the first post and village gets wincon of killing everyone Autonomous gets wincon of outnumbering do you see any holes here I dont want to screw things up cause I misread the rules

3 minutes ago, JNV said:

In all worlds where the village wins Drake needs to die and we can all win this turn cause I got my wincon and new Autonomy can use Investment action to make new Shard and Shardic action to convert then everyone votes Drake so it ends up well I guess it ends up 4 6 cause of the conversion forgot to subtract in the first post and village gets wincon of killing everyone Autonomous gets wincon of outnumbering do you see any holes here I dont want to screw things up cause I misread the rules

TKN needs to use the shardic powers thrice for it to turn into a conversion, and intent conversion is after the exe in the OoA so I dont think the conversion will go through before the game ends?