3 hours ago, Archer said:

Doesn't feel natural to be 'accountability' focussed at this stage in the game. I can see it being something brought up C1 by either alignment, but it feels more scummy to want control of an unknown quantity right now. 

I'm starting to think Autonomy is a really cool dude because once people talk to them, they seem to forget they're the enemy. They're a non village power player. If you've made a bargain with them, identify them and use it as leverage for a better deal. If you haven't, your job as a villager is to figure out who is and isn't on your team. I'm confused why you'd hold back here

Are you saying we should hold people accountable less later on? All I'm saying is to tell us if anyone else is on your world. I'm worried about an elim rush to Taldain or Threnody in the near future.

As I said, I probably will, but Auto is technically the smallest faction right now. 9/4/4/1(2) I believe. Autonomy is a threat, just not a particularly urgent one. According to Kas, who I believe, Autonomy hasn't passed any Investiture either, so we don't have to worry about the sudden death any time soon.

2 hours ago, Elandera said:

I have a similar reaction to this as Archer, but for different reasons. While I am not on Roshar and cannot see what has been discussed there, it seems very odd to just put a bunch of people like that with seemingly no consent.

You started by asking the question as if to offer it as an option, then pulled your entire world into it without getting a public response.

Worldhopping has benefits, namely making it more difficult for the elims to target you without them staying in Silverlight and making big targets of themselves. Suddenly announcing and tracking where everyone is and where they're going gives all of the elim factions a narrowed field of which worlds to visit to find targets without opening themselves up to being targeted by everyone.

Well, it was an offer for everyone else to do so, but I was going to do it. Besides, just about everyone on Roshar has made their location public.

Information is almost always better for the Village. As I said, I am very worried that the elims will go to Taldain or Threnody after they game whichever Shard they desire. Then we will be completely out voted. 

About 1 hour and 15 minutes until rollover! Get your actions in!

Rollover might take a bit longer than normal - I’m not working but Aman is busy and I do have an event at ~10 that shouldn’t take long, but I’m not sure how long.

LG95 Day Four: Wrath

(Writeup to come, unless I find another song to use instead)

Fifth Scholar was killed! They were a Standard of Unity Researcher!

Braize has been Destroyed!

No Shards have Breached Containment!

Well, that took longer than I wanted.

Day Four has begun! There will be an execution this cycle.

The following players are being warned for inactivity: @The Last Fæ, @Walin. Please post during this turn or I will find pinch hitters. (Speaking of which, I could use pinch hitters.) A few more players haven't posted during the last Night Turn / have only posted once or twice during the last cycle.

This turn will end on 10:00 PM PDT / 5:00 AM GMT (+1 Day) on June 17th, in ~46 hours. And I'll be working that night so rollover will be extended again! Yay.

Shard Status:

Spoiler
  • Ambition:       CONTAINED
  • Autonomy:     BREACHED
  • Cultivation:    CONTAINED
  • Devotion:       CONTAINED
  • Dominion:      CONTAINED
  • Endowment:  CONTAINED
  • Honor:            CONTAINED
  • Invention:       CONTAINED
  • Mercy:            CONTAINED
  • Odium:           BREACHED
  • Preservation: CONTAINED
  • Prudence:      CONTAINED
  • Ruin:               BREACHED
  • Survival:         CONTAINED
  • Whimsy:         CONTAINED
  • Valor:              CONTAINED

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Bald Brandon - Ivam the Mad (aka The Known Novel)
  2. @Kasimir - Evgeny Karamazov 
  3. @The Wandering Wizard - The Poet
  4. Fifth Scholar - Dr. Mattithias GuntherStandard of Unity Researcher
  5. @Szeth_Pancakes - Liene
  6. @|TJ| - Al
  7. @DeTess - Tessa DeLoren
  8. @Archer - Oliver Cosmos
  9. @JNV - Jai
  10. xinoeph512 - Xorial 17th Shard Researcher
  11. @The Last Fæ -
  12. @DrakeMarshall - Adjunct Professor Uther
  13. @Matrim's Dice - Sir Arren Brockett
  14. Sart - 17th Shard Researcher
  15. @STINK - 
  16. @Elandera - Telan
  17. @Araris Valerian - 
  18. @Walin -  
  19. TheAlpha929 - Felt Jr. 17th Shard Researcher
  20. @Channelknight Fadran -
  21. @Turtle - Letta Turson
  22. VOCALS
  23. PIANO

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Anyone actually looking in here or am I pasting this over and over again for nothing?
  • Is it pasting or pasteing? Both look bad.
  • You may only pass one Charge of Investiture or one Shard in a Passing action.
  • Charges of Investiture (whether Autonomy Charges or other Charges) held by Autonomous Players do not count towards the Autonomous Sudden Death Win Condition.
  • Multiple factions can win at the same time if they complete their (Normal or SD) win conditions at the same time. I don't think there's a way to get all 4 main factions to win at the same time, but if you all find one... congratulations?
  • Invention's Investment Ability can be used on Avatars, which will grant Invention an Autonomy Charge.
  • All actions are limited to once per cycle, unless otherwise noted (Autonomy's Shardic, Whimsy's Shardic, and Researcher returning Shards to Containment).
  • Vessel Action and Vessel Shield do not stack. Vessels can "gain" them from other sources, but that only matters if they pass their Shard while they would still have Vessel Action/Vessel Shield from another source.
  • Avatars can exist on the same Shardworld as each other.
  • Shardworlds get a new Doc each time the player list on that Shardworld changes.
  • Avatars and players will be put in the player list for each Shardworld Doc (i.e. you can't pretend you're not there).
  • Shardworld presences are not publicized in thread.
  • Hoid and Khriss's Conversions take place before Shardic Inheritance from Breaching (or other reasons).
  • Consuming Investiture does take actions.
  • Charges of Investiture that are used then Roleblocked are lost, as are Charges of Investiture used on a Roleblocked Shardworld action.
  • Hoid and Khriss do not lose Conversion Charges on Roleblocked or failed conversions.
  • In the event that Hoid and Khriss target the same player for conversion, both conversions fail.
  • The only abilities that contribute to Shardic Breaching are Researcher Siphons, Khriss's double-Siphon, and Hoid's Sabotage.
  • Returned keep the alignment and win condition they died with when they Return.
  • Valor Charges cannot be used on yourself.
  • Worldhopping is only a Day action.
  • Two players using actions to create 1-on-1 PMs with each other will consume both Charges/actions/etc and only create 1 PM.
  • Avatars only count as players for the Autonomous win condition, not for other factions' win conditions.
  • Avatars in Shardworlds and Ambition in the Cognitive Realm should speak in bold - other players should not (a bit for emphasis is okay, just don't write entire sentences).
  • You cannot create PMs with Avatars.
  • You cannot cut players in half.

Edited by Ashbringer

@DrakeMarshallwas that kill on fifth yours? It can't have neen ruins.

Also, really odd that no shards breached containment. I fully expected the elims to at least hit mercy last night and did the same to try and steal it away from them, but nothing.

I'll do some analysis on fifth later to see who looks like a potential team-mate. I'll also see if I can figure out who Ruin is, as they are probably pretty close to going rogue at this point.

Feeling a bit more validated in V!Szeth btw - indicative that at least one Elim didn't care. Will catch up on everything else later. Been one hell of a day.

Edited to add: I'll note that this means it's at least clear Ruin's identity is known by Khriss's faction.

@DeTess: Archer thoughts at this point?

Edited to add 2: I should probably point out as I did to the Roshar doc that Ruin planned to destroy Braize to prevent more kill monopolisation and communicated to me that they didn't intend to play anti-Village where possible. I've tried not to state this publicly because I believe this opens them to blackmail and extortion attempts from both Elim factions.

Edited to add 3: To explain the first edit - I knew there was a Braize Shooter because Ruin was on Braize that day and saw a shooter. This also entails that Ruin's identity is now known to one Elim team because the shooter saw Ruin and Ruin confirmed that the shooter IDed them as Ruin.

Edited to add 4: @Turtle - What did you do on D2?

Edited by Kasimir

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Edited to add 3: To explain the first edit - I knew there was a Braize Shooter because Ruin was on Braize that day and saw a shooter. This also entails that Ruin's identity is now known to one Elim team because the shooter saw Ruin and Ruin confirmed that the shooter IDed them as Ruin.

What was the reasoning given by the shooter for shooting Drake? 

And any indication (like in-thread) that Ruin has been converted?

3 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Shards are intent converted after using their ability 3 times. Ruin must have used it at least twice to blow up Braize, and there was a kill early on that could very well have been theirs. If that kill is theirs Ruin is now Neutral with their own win-con.

Regarding fifth, this being a conversion game actually makes it more difficult to get use out of their read. There was an interaction early on with Archer and Fadran that would suggest they where not on the same team then, but that was D1, so Fifth could still have been village then as well. Chances are better that when Fifth voted Turtle they had already been converted, and they were converted when they voted Araris. I'd say Araris is not on Khriss' faction, and turtle probably isn't either.

@Kasimir, regarding Archer, I'm a bit of two minds on them still. I think it's unlikely they are autonomy at this point given some of their comments, but being anti-autonomy doesn't make it impossible for them to be on either of the other two elim factions. I know it ahs been speculated that those could ally with Autonomy, but just because they can doesn't mean they will, and with both kill shards out in the wild early they could actually be more worried than the village about Autonomy's instant win-con as they have fewer options for doing anything about it.

Reading back a bit further there are some interactions with Fifth during the second and third cycle that might suggest they were aligned, with how they both went after Turtle and Archer village-reading fifth, but fifth later walked their vote back so it's far from solid evidence.

Something that I did not like while reading back over stuff was Archer's call for a no-lynch until all conversions had happened. I can kinda see the logic behind that, but it's also a really good way to absolutely murder village engagement, and would put the village in a pretty bad spot given the relative sizes of the two elim teams. Sure, those would also fight eachother, but you'd still be looking at having to get 8 executions right.

Overall, I'd still be up for executing Archer, but I'm also weary of tunneling on them, so I'll try to look over other options as well.

28 minutes ago, DeTess said:

Shards are intent converted after using their ability 3 times. Ruin must have used it at least twice to blow up Braize, and there was a kill early on that could very well have been theirs. If that kill is theirs Ruin is now Neutral with their own win-con.

They almost certainly were village then, since the elim teams can't afford to lose a player to neutrality. 

If I was seriously advocating for no exe, I'd have framed it as less of a hypothetical. 

Voting TBB purely for using the trigger word 'accountability'. At this stage, I don't believe it's a thought that a villager solidly sizes upon. Source: e!me cares a lot more about that stuff than V!me

48 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

What was the reasoning given by the shooter for shooting Drake? 

You'll have to get Ambition and ask the shooter, as he's currently very dead.

Ruin saw Fifth on Braize that Night, which is why I knew there was a shooter. Ruin told me they'd planned to destroy Braize to finish Intent Converting. Since Ruin seemed Village and I felt they were statistically more likely to be Village, I partly emphasised the rave to draw attention to worlds other than where Ruin was.

I'll admit there was some consternation on Roshar and suggestion to contact Frost and ask Frost to conversion block Ruin. But that's ethically questionable and also risks antagonising Ruin, especially since Ruin had indicated they were willing to play with the Village as far as their new wincon allowed and they seemed on the level to me.

To be clear, Ruin has definitely Intent Converted.

I'll address the rest later. Commuting 

40 minutes ago, DeTess said:

No, I meant like, in case that the shooter is evil, and they converted Ruin to their faction. 

Just now, |TJ| said:

No, I meant like, in case that the shooter is evil, and they converted Ruin to their faction. 

Shards cannot be converted that way

Only window on N0 for Ruin

Unlikely 

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

To be clear, Ruin has definitely Intent Converted.

They could lie, but are they willing to reveal their new wincon? I assume it's going to be on the lines of 'destroy X planets'. 

Also, I'll join deTess on Archer.

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

They could lie, but are they willing to reveal their new wincon? I assume it's going to be on the lines of 'destroy X planets'. 

Also, I'll join deTess on Archer.

Yes to both. Scadrial must also be destroyed. Continue to believe R on level. Likely can negotiate with R what worlds to sacrifice.

Thoughts on Archer?

Edited to add:

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

Chances are better that when Fifth voted Turtle they had already been converted, and they were converted when they voted Araris.

Unsure. Felt the pressure on Drake was very classic V!Fifth but could be wrong - V!Fifth radiates smugness when he thinks he has someone down to rights. Came through in the very heavyhanded "not interested in the kill but in the survival." Could be that Khriss faction felt that way because they thought they had found a V!Shard, but unsure.

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

@Kasimir, regarding Archer, I'm a bit of two minds on them still. I think it's unlikely they are autonomy at this point given some of their comments, but being anti-autonomy doesn't make it impossible for them to be on either of the other two elim factions. I know it ahs been speculated that those could ally with Autonomy, but just because they can doesn't mean they will, and with both kill shards out in the wild early they could actually be more worried than the village about Autonomy's instant win-con as they have fewer options for doing anything about it.

Based off my profile, he could be Autonomy, but I don't feel his in-thread attitude fits.

I actually felt rather uncomfortable with N3 Archer, hence my asking again, and feel that today's TBB push more or less flagrantly runs in the face of exactly what Archer ostensibly agreed with last Night - that peripheral shots waste time. You could make a potayto/potahto argument that TBB isn't really definable as peripheral, but you yourself noted D3 that TBB hasn't said all that much despite thread presence, so it feels just as peripheral, especially when the basis of the vote is the term 'accountability.'

It's more reflexive of the formalist reasoning E!Archer likes to use, by seizing on tells that players use in previous games and using them in an entirely different context as though they translate wholesale.

I think Archer's in-thread hostility to Autonomy is wholly compatible as well with an Elim carrot-and-stick approach to Autonomy: harden Village attitudes to Autonomy by shifting the discourse window, and then approach Autonomy tacitly from the perspective of "well, look, the Village wants to eradicate you/milk every bit of advantage they can from you and you can win with us, so why not win with us?"

(This bit isn't a direct response, more of a comment to the concerns raised by @DeTess and @|TJ|

My approach to Dormamu - sorry I mean Autonomy - so far has been...well, the Roshar doc knows. I'd request them not to say too much, as in the event Roshar is uncompromised (doubtful, but who knows?) this should get the Elims in a bit of a tizzy :) But as a general rule it's not too much different from my approach to Ruin. I do regret we don't share the same alignment and in Autonomy's case, can't win together, but I believe the numbers demonstrate we have short-term shared interests. (Longer in the term of Ruin.) I don't think anyone on Roshar, Autonomy included, is of the opinion we are anything other than gadara. The view is merely that treating Independents (Ruin) or Autonomy with reflexive hostility/wariness, especially if they've shown some preliminary willingness to negotiate, is fundamentally damaging to any form of decent cooperation. Or, I suppose, if you try to winmax another player, expect them to winmax you. If you approach them in good faith, hopefully you'll see that returned to some extent.

What I suppose I'm saying is that I believe Ruin can be negotiated with, and I don't really think the formality of having changed wincon makes that much of a difference. We can't do much against Elim blackmail/extortion of Ruin, but control of that issue left my hands anyway after Ruin was spotted on Braize, and I generally would argue (hi Ruin!) that I've at least argued/maneuevred for some protection of Ruin's own interests in balance, so that's something we have to offer that the Elims might not necessarily give.

Bracketing all that talk about negotiating with Autonomy, I still maintain that by way of numbers, Autonomy is not the major worry at this point. It is true this might be a more cursed issue in long term, but if the Village doesn't improve our short-term position, I don't see a point in talking about the long term.

FWIW, my read on TBB improved somewhat upon learning that TBB roleblocked VOCALS on D2. I knew VOCALS was roleblocked, as VOCALS hadn't shown on up Scadrial. (I had thought this was done by Turtle.) I do feel this is similar to DeTess claiming the Odium Charge shot - it feels like an unnecessary antagonisation of Autonomy. Elims don't have to work with Autonomy - as you point out, I grant this. But choosing to spend Charges early on doing so does feel like an unnecessary move for an Elim where resources probably matter just that tad more than against the Village.

Tbf, TBB absolutely could have been converted post D2. But this is my current thought anyway. Need to catch up properly.

I have a final set of thoughts:

Suppose we keep working with Ruin. Braize is now destroyed. Odium hasn't Intent Converted at this point. This does seem to entail that control of the kills isn't in Elim hands, which means vote superiority/the thread is going to be where a lot of the scrapping occurs. 

Can someone ID if there's some sort of mistake with this line of thought?

Edited by Kasimir

5 hours ago, DeTess said:

I fully expected the elims to at least hit mercy last night and did the same to try and steal it away from them, but nothing.

I also tried to siphon Mercy last night to steal it from elims, but got RB'd. Makes me wonder if the elims have had more trouble converting than assumed. Otherwise there's no way they shouldn't have broken out a shard last night.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

They almost certainly were village then, since the elim teams can't afford to lose a player to neutrality. 

Noting that this is wrong. Elim Team 1 + Elim Team 2 + Autonomous (non-Bavadin) all choose who to win with:

• The third time an Adonalsium’s Chosen, Standard of Unity, or Autonomous-aligned Vessel uses one Shard’s Shardic ability, they gain the unique Win Condition based on that Shard, but retain their faction and can win either with that faction or via the Shardic Win Condition.

In other words, Villagers Intent Converting affects us more than their team Intent Converting affects them. Our players actually become Independents when they Intent Convert. Any other set of players don't. Which is probably why we have Frost and they don't.

I'll note that this doesn't prevent us from making alliances with an Independent: it does mean that such arrangements are only as robust as shared perceived interest. 

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Suppose we keep working with Ruin. Braize is now destroyed. Odium hasn't Intent Converted at this point. This does seem to entail that control of the kills isn't in Elim hands, which means vote superiority/the thread is going to be where a lot of the scrapping occurs. 

Can someone ID if there's some sort of mistake with this line of thought?

I don't know who Ruin is and what the communication with them has been so it's hard for me to judge how likely they are to remain village aligned (also, did we get any confirmation on whether shardic win-cons can be instant death?), but if they do remain roughly village aligned, things will indeed start to be thread focused. That having been said, there are ways for the elims to claw back some indirect killing power through whimsy (edit: or invention) by converting other charges to Odium. 

Edited by DeTess

11 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I don't know who Ruin is and what the communication with them has been so it's hard for me to judge how likely they are to remain village aligned (also, did we get any confirmation on whether shardic win-cons can be instant death?), but if they do remain roughly village aligned, things will indeed start to be thread focused. That having been said, there are ways for the elims to claw back some indirect killing power through whimsy by converting other charges to Odium. 

• These Win Conditions will not end the game, save for Autonomy. 

Their wincon is not SD. I admit it's only my judgement call, with regard to how Village-aligned they are, but have asked whether they are willing to be revealed since Khriss's team will know who they are anyway. Ruin has also ended up on a planet with one other player, so if that player is Evil (Hoid, Autonomy), they'll also know who Ruin is. My assessment at least is that they are not lying about being willing to work with the Village.

The Elims can do that, but this would tell us they'd have to be on Sel, which is where monitoring world traffic can indeed be useful.

I do think one way or another, it's worth opening a conversation with Ruin on which worlds we'd like to see gone. Scadrial is a non-negotiable for Ruin for obvious reasons, but I think we would, in general, like some capacity to shape which worlds are blown up - off the top of my head, losing Braize and Sel and Scadrial is a non-starter for us, which means we're likely to name Sel untouchable. If Sel is blown up, we lose a decent amount of capacity to switch Charges, and this might really matter in a landscape without Scadrial due to Autonomy's SD. Us losing Scadrial is likely to be good for Autonomy in general due to the double burn issue.

I'm of the view Roshar is also a non-starter, which means we'd ideally be asking for one world within <Taldain, Threnody, Nalthis.>

I think Autonomy (ironically) wouldn't mind Taldain being blown up, as that makes Autonomy's Charges more valuable and then gives players some reason to potentially keep those around or bargain with Dormamu for them. But this is me guessing in the absence of an Avatar reply. I hesitate about Threnody/Nalthis - Threnody is definitely possible as the anon vote may not necessarily be very Village, but having lots of double votes floating could potentially help us claw back a lynch if we're outgunned by the Elims (see once again: the problem of having 7 inert players who aren't doing anything.)

Simply put, bracketing the trust issue, failure to be clear about what worlds we do not want to see blown up leaves the issue open for Ruin or an Elim team to decide. We can either clearly stake out our interests now, or fail to on grounds of suspicion. If we fail to stake out our interests, then we have only ourselves to blame if worlds we don't want to see gone end up being gone.

Edited to add: @DeTess Thoughts on Mat? I think I've made my misgivings clear largely to the Roshar crowd, though might have said a bit in thread as well.

Edited to add 2: I'll also note that Elims choosing to convert Odium charges is a risky strategy that enables Autonomy's SD. They're welcome to play with fire if they wish to. This also gives them a clear footprint to track since to guarantee a kill, they'd pretty much have to concentrate Odium shots on a single player. Any tracking should ID them. (Hi Autonomy, does it feel good to be so loved? :P )

Edited by Kasimir
grammar

18 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Edited to add: @DeTess Thoughts on Mat? I think I've made my misgivings clear largely to the Roshar crowd, though might have said a bit in thread as well.

I'm not super suspicious of them. If anything I'm leaning a little village, maybe? Opening felt different from the e!mat I've seen before and Mat seems involved with trying to solve the game which is a good look in my opinion. Maybe how hard they village-read Szeth feels a bit off? I do village-read Szeth but not quite that hard and I'm not sure fi there is concrete reason to. Don't think that that's an E/E pair though (at least they won't be on the same team), but might be e!mat trying to gain village cred for trusting another villager. Overall Mat is nowhere near the top of my list of people I'd execute today though.

2 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I'm not super suspicious of them. If anything I'm leaning a little village, maybe? Opening felt different from the e!mat I've seen before and Mat seems involved with trying to solve the game which is a good look in my opinion. Maybe how hard they village-read Szeth feels a bit off? I do village-read Szeth but not quite that hard and I'm not sure fi there is concrete reason to. Don't think that that's an E/E pair though (at least they won't be on the same team), but might be e!mat trying to gain village cred for trusting another villager. Overall Mat is nowhere near the top of my list of people I'd execute today though.

Haven't felt he's driving trains much, + the hypocrisy defense had a touch of paggro that I tend to associate with a line that E!Mat has a bigger tendency to whip out more. Wouldn't be against applying pressure today, believe it's too early to talk about final trains, but dislike instinctively any shooting within the Flatline Seven. Either they resurrect or don't - if there's an Elim in there, that's endgame shooting, not at the start. Frost having recently established comms to pass on Containment Watch results should help with this.

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Haven't felt he's driving trains much, + the hypocrisy defense had a touch of paggro that I tend to associate with a line that E!Mat has a bigger tendency to whip out more. Wouldn't be against applying pressure today, believe it's too early to talk about final trains, but dislike instinctively any shooting within the Flatline Seven. Either they resurrect or don't - if there's an Elim in there, that's endgame shooting, not at the start. Frost having recently established comms to pass on Containment Watch results should help with this.

I guess, I can see what you're saying here? I just haven't played enough with Mat recently to know whether they usually driving the trains as a villager and the like so it's difficult for me to form a read based on that.

3 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I guess, I can see what you're saying here? I just haven't played enough with Mat recently to know whether they usually driving the trains as a villager and the like so it's difficult for me to form a read based on that.

Felt it's a bigger tendency for V!him (there's an LG91 exception I think, but he died fairly early), and E!him generally prefers to let the Village drivers call the shots for the lynch discussion and then stack on.

Edited to add: I suppose if you're bored and would like a comparison that isn't LG94 - compare QF62 with MR62. Won't tell you which is which. I think you didn't want to know his alignment already, and I've sort of given it away where LG91 is concerned.

Edited by Kasimir

I actually feel I drove the Alpha and xino trains over to some extent, for what it’s worth, though it could just be a difference in perspective.

Traveling today and limited to mobile only.

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Braize has been Destroyed!

Spoiler

DV3l2mWXUAAmIaK.jpg

No Shards have Breached Containment!

Spoiler

tpm-part-iii-0087.png

Fifth Scholar was killed! They were a Standard of Unity Researcher!

Spoiler

0xwm78ixiaoz.jpg