On 2/4/2023 at 10:31 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

Don’t even start on that looool

Wanna know what the first thing I said to Kas was? ‘You gave me that on purpose didn’t you’ :P 

I had a similar reaction, inside my head, to the PM Spider role :P

I do like my PMs

On 2/5/2023 at 0:18 AM, Ashbringer said:

Striker Lynchbait and Dannex TieGuy are also somewhat thematic. Don’t know how much Thread Master is for me, which is why I was trying to figure out if Mat was one too… but I think E!Kas fears me so :ph34r:

My reaction was more why does this exist and why did you give it to me

I might be partially to blame for it. I did explain the concept of a role that I had for a gold compounder scadrian game who could only be removed by the lynch. So I guess the opposite of your role but still similar :P

On 2/5/2023 at 7:47 AM, |TJ| said:

Double-posting as this might be a large post - 

Player Day/Passive Action Night Action N1 N2 N3
Ashbringer Thread Master ? ??? ??? ???
Wizard - PM Spider ??? Scan Araris
Araris targeted TKN
???
Steeldancer   Pinch-Hitter Snatch Striker ??? Snatch Dannex
Fadran Confirmed Villager Troll Troll Walin Troll RandBy Troll Aman
Striker Lynchbait/Stab Voter -                                                                                              
Xino   Multiquoter Scan Aman
Action Failed
Scan Bookwyrm
Book targeted Orlok

JNV ? ? ? ? ?
Matrim Tunnel Constrictor ? ? ? ?
Biplet ? ? ? ? ?
Araris   Troll Watcher Scan TKN
Troll Negative
Watch Bookwyrm
Troll Negative
?
Devotary   Pinch-Hitter ?                                                                     
Aman Goalkeeper Troll Saved Xino Save/Troll Bookwyrm
Action Failed
Save Bookwyrm
Action Failed
TUN   Goalkeeper Save Aman ?                            
Bookwyrm   Vote Analyst Scan Striker (V) Scan Orlok (V) Scan Araris (V)
Tani   Roleplayer ?                                                                     
Archer   PM Spider ??? Scan TJ
TJ targeted Mat
???
Walin   Troll Troll Aman -                            
TJ   Wall-Poster Blocked Shining Blocked Mat Blocked Archer
Action Failed
Danex Tie Guy                                                                         
Stick/Drake   Terminal Seeker Kill Tani Kill Xino ???
Orlok   Pinch-Hitter   Copy Danex D3 - Use Tie Guy
N3 - ?
Random   Roleplayer Copy a Troll? Troll Xino (failed)
TTaTT (Fadran -> RBy)
?
Sart     ? ? ?
Shining Discussion Leader   ? ? ?
Fae PM Buddy PM Spider ? ? ?

first questions - 

@Kasimir or any of the pmers, does it take an action for you to send pms in the alternate odd cycle?

we still have 2 more unidentified pmers - one who is a pm (presumed) analyst in comms with ada who scanned mat v, the other is pm troll in comms with drake/stick, the whole i kill myself you troll me thing at the end of n2. @Amanuensis, any more scan results from your pm contact? just a single result seems odd. 

@Ashbringer, @Matrim's Dice, @Shining Silhouette, please confirm if you have a night action if you can.

@Sart, @Biplet, @JNV, inviting yall to claim your role if you want to. 

@Steeldancer, what did you do n2?

@Araris Valerian, whom did you troll watch n3?

@DrakeMarshall, still not sure by what you mean when you said "pacifist". do you not actually have a kill role? if you do, what happened last night? also, if you did not take any action, how do you know if you were roleblocked or not?

@Orlok Tsubodai and @Random Bystander, which role did you guys copy last night, if its safe to reveal it considering village opsec? [if not just confirm if you have sucessfully copied a role last night]

@The last Fae in the Woods, you scan results from n2?

pardon if you have already mentioned this info before, i did try to search as much as possible, sorry if ive missed it. 

inviting everyone else to know the unknowns in the table to help me out. 

unaccountable n3 actions - ash, wiz, jnv, mat, biplet, (araris?), archer, drake, (orlok?),  (random?), sart, shining, fae - 

removing players who could have actions not yet revealed and village reads - ash, jnv, mat, biplet, archer, shining

im hoping at least one roleblocker and one elim kill is among these. ash, archer, mat, shining is the overlap between this and the tieguy result. 

Yes it does take an action and I have sent a PM N1 and N3. As I like my PMs :P

19 hours ago, |TJ| said:

assuming 5-6 elims in a 25 member-game, weve already got 1, leaving 4-5 - 

from orloks eight, 2 from - ash, silho, archer, mat, steel

from the rest, 2-3 from - jnv, biplet, sart [assuming loads of villagers - wizard, fadran, araris, aman, drake, orlok, rby, fae]

huh, the rest is more narrow than orloks eight lmao. granted loads of village assumptions, but all reasonable to make no? anyone think anyone in the village pile is not village? biplet archer

Yeah, except I could maybe take Mat out of the PoE and stick you in there instead :P

18 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Notably, my public action was to protect Bookwyrm, though I changed more order to Troll Book during the last thirty minutes without announcing it. They knew I was Untrollable that night too, so they weren’t worried about me killing (unless they thought I was lying and secured a troll for N2, which would be a stretch) the fact they roleblocked me is also interesting. Could be as Striker says and they worried I would protect elsewhere and they didn’t want a save, but then what were the chances of me protecting Xino, their N2 NK? They didn’t even Troll Book either, according to Araris, to interfere with the Orlok scan. Perhaps hoping the possibility of interference would be enough not to clear Orlok? I don’t know. This whole situation is weird, but could be explained by the elims thinking their best course of action was to shut my roles down specifically.

Occam’s razor still points to Bip tho.

Does this also suggest v!Silho? Assuming the elims blocked my kill over Drake’s potential shot on him, as I had requested in thread?

I’m not opposed to proving Ash’s role however. I just want a productive day

ED1T:

@StrikerEZ tell me why you v!read Bip?

Does it though, I think people have brought up good points about her being a LHF which I know I've done a similar tactic on Silho in MR61

17 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

In before I'm the UPS :ph34r:

Other than Kas, very few people consistently make memes, honestly, I might be the closest thing.

You certain about that :P

Spoiler

63e10a74c029a_images(1).jpg.d1e7cefec7de21199911b209a87f8423.jpg

16 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Even with her lack of vote engagement? I can’t remember the last time she took part in an execution and I’m of the opinion that you, Bookwyrm, Danex, Walin, and Steel are all village, which explains a lack of necessity for participation.

Lack of vote engagement can very easily come from lack of engagement in the game. I know this pretty well from the AG :P

11 hours ago, Biplet said:

I had opera

Okay, but there is. From an elim POV, you hard signaling that you're going to shoot me is a perfect opportunity. If you shoot me and they roleblock, it puts me in hot water and makes me an easy misexe target. If you don't shoot me, they still roleblock the NK that could've come for them, and because you signaled that you were aiming for me, it once again puts me in hot water for the exe. Win-win for the elims. It looks like you've been roleblocked twice now, right? So they've been roleblocking you consistently? Why does this become a special RB now that you're targeting me??

Honest truth? I haven't voted for irl reasons. I've had the opera every night and it runs from 6-10 every night, which is right through rollover for me, and you can argue that I should've put a vote earlier and all the things and yeah I know that, but the real honest-to-God truth is that I am just so tired. For D3, I didn't vote so I didn't mess up the tie thing, which I even stated in thread and asked if you wanted me to vote for the clear thingy. No one answered so I thought it better to not break the tie and ruin everything?

I'm gonna be real! This game is really hard to engage with! There's a lot of mechanical solving that's going right over my head, and I'm trying, I'm really trying to stay with it, but it's just hard. If you vote me out, okay, so be it, I know I'm a thorn in the metaphorical side of this game (lol :P). My role isn't the most useful and, as you said, better to vote out a villager that isn't participating than one that is, right? But I ask that you please don't vote me based entirely on my lack of activity. I'm trying to be here. It's the best I can offer.

On a more serious note, I had a huge allergic reaction to the dust in the orchestra pit and am very sick, so my head isn't on quite right. I just ask for a little understanding, thanks guys <3

Edit: I forgot to vote so I will when someone posts lol

I understand you, given that I was an inactive villager in the AG, who had IRL reasons and just dgaf about the game. I get your position and is there anything that I can do to help you get re-engaged in the game?

And I hope that your reaction calms down soon!

Been paranoiding on Archer for information that I've been recieving. Could be persuaded to switch to TJ or Silho. But my eyes are on Archer for now.

Hello checking in briefly. Orlok was not lying. Might drop in and get a vote in later if I have time after the myriad of things I need to deal with today (including getting myself to a counselor for some much needed help)
Oh, and I did nothing N2. I couldn't do anything because my role only works every other night. 

Edited by Steeldancer

9 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Hello checking in briefly. Orlok was not lying. Might drop in and get a vote in later if I have time after the myriad of things I need to deal with today (including getting myself to a counselor for some much needed help)

Thank you Steel. That helps me feel a lot better about Danex, Orlok, and you.

Hope you get the help you need. You got this ^_^

ED1T:

This also means we might want to arrange another tie. This time I should be in the group to be scanned since I’m village, and maybe we can make sure @Archer and @|TJ| don’t vote in the tie as a control. It will either clear them or damn them.

@Ashbringer @Matrim's Dice @The Wandering Wizard @Devotary of Spontaneity @DrakeMarshall

ED2T:

@Shining Silhouette maybe you should just move a vote that doesn’t affect the wagons. We need to make sure this goes through

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Ashbringer would be the safest bet. I’m mobile so can’t do a VC at the moment. Any halpers?

Vote Tally
Biplet (3): Araris Valerian, Archer, DrakeMarshall
TJ (2): Ashbringer, Biplet
Ashbringer (3): |TJ|, Matrim's Dice, Amanuensis
Archer (1): Shining Silhouette

So it's currently tied.

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Vote Tally
Biplet (3): Araris Valerian, Archer, DrakeMarshall
TJ (2): Ashbringer, Biplet
Ashbringer (3): |TJ|, Matrim's Dice, Amanuensis

So it's currently tied.

Then we need @Araris Valerian and @Archer on one vote side trains, @Ashbringer on Bip, @Steeldancer on Bip, and @The Wandering Wizard on Ash.

If we still have two elims in the group, we know TJ and Archer are village. If there are zero, we know they’re paired.

@Shining Silhouette can move a random one vote to himself.

Edited by Amanuensis

18 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Thank you Steel. That helps me feel a lot better about Danex, Orlok, and you.

Hope you get the help you need. You got this ^_^

ED1T:

This also means we might want to arrange another tie. This time I should be in the group to be scanned since I’m village, and maybe we can make sure @Archer and @|TJ| don’t vote in the tie as a control. It will either clear them or damn them.

@Ashbringer @Matrim's Dice @The Wandering Wizard @Devotary of Spontaneity @Shining Silhouette @DrakeMarshall

Works for me. And I'd like to be in the tie since I'm also clear. Curious how vote manip shows up in it, if we are going to use it to confirm Silho.

Archer

I'll go Ash because I can't make myself go onto Biplet.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Works for me. And I'd like to be in the tie since I'm also clear. Curious how vote manip shows up in it, if we are going to use it to confirm Silho.

Archer

I'll go Ash because I can't make myself go onto Biplet.

Excellent timing :ph34r:

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Then we need @Araris Valerian and @Archer on one vote side trains, @Ashbringer on Bip, @Steeldancer on Bip, and @The Wandering Wizard on Ash.

If we still have two elims in the group, we know TJ and Archer are village. If there are zero, we know they’re paired.

That doesn't check for worlds where one is village and one is elim though, right? Is there more benefit to keeping one in the tie or does that get too weird?

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

That doesn't check for worlds where one is village and one is elim though, right? Is there more benefit to keeping one in the tie or does that get too weird?

Too risky imo. They’re more likely paired than not, but if it is 1 and 7, then it’ll be easier to work under the assumption that one of Archer and TJ are village, since it’ll force them to thunderdome @Matrim's Dice

Edited by Amanuensis
Mobile hates me

8 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

The plan is 
Biplet (4): Ash, Steel, Drake, Araris
Ash (4): TJ, Mat, Aman, Wiz

is that it? im confused. 

Araris and you shouldn’t vote. He wasn’t in the original tie and if we separate you and there are still elims, you’ll be confirmed. 

ed1t:

Steeldancer (4): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall, The Known Novel
Walin(4): Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, Steeldancer, TJ

Becomes

Ashbringer (3): The Wandering Wizard, Aman, Matrim’s Dice, 
Biplet(4): DrakeMarshall, Shining Silhouette, Steeldancer, Ashbringer

—Oh I see forgot to factor in TKN. Maybe I shouldn’t vote and Ash can vote himself to make it:

Ashbringer (3): The Wandering Wizard, Ashbringer, Matrim’s Dice, 
Biplet(3): DrakeMarshall, Shining Silhouette, Steeldancer,

@|TJ| @Shining Silhouette

silho, you don’t lose your vote when you move another, right?

Edited by Amanuensis

I HAVE ESCAPED THE OPERA

For the rest of the game I will be making obscure references to Gilbert and Sullivan's Patience that only Striker will understand. Call me Biplet, the all-right ;)

Anyway, what's going on? Someone has the tie thing again? Who? I feel like I missed something.

Edited by Biplet

6 minutes ago, Biplet said:

I HAVE ESCAPED THE OPERA

For the rest of the game I will be making obscure references to Gilbert and Sullivan's Patience that only Striker will understand. Call me Biplet, the all-right ;)

Anyway, what's going on? Someone has the tie thing again? Who? I feel like I missed something.

Steeldancer Pinchhit Danex to confirm Orlok Pinchhitting Danex. So yup! We got it again!

Also congrats on being done with the opera! @Biplet (sorry mobile problems)

Edited by Amanuensis

One thing to add - my other role removes a vote from me at the end of the turn. I can’t turn that off. And I don’t know if the tie needs to be before or after that happens.

But I’m willing to stay a vote ahead so TJ Ashbringer.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

One thing to add - my other role removes a vote from me at the end of the turn. I can’t turn that off. And I don’t know if the tie needs to be before or after that happens.

But I’m willing to stay a vote ahead so TJ Ashbringer.

:ph34r:

Ashbringer Channelknight Fadran

Current Vote Tally:

Ashbringer (3): Matrim's Dice, The Wandering Wizard, Ashbringer
Biplet (2): Archer, DrakeMarshall
Sart (1): |TJ|

TJ (1): Biplet
Channelknight Fadran (1): Amanuensis

Okay. So @Archer needs to vote for someone like RandBy and @Shining Silhouette needs to vote Biplet.

That should result in Ashbringer 2 to Biplet 2, and Matrim, Wizard, Ash, Shining, and Drake will all be scanned again. This leaves out TJ and Archer.

@Shining Silhouette I also think you should move my vote off of Fadran onto you to prove your role. This way it doesn't interfere with the tie.

Everyone agree this is the best course of action? Could get 5 confirmed villagers and 2 confirmed elims.

Edited by Amanuensis

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

That should result in Ashbringer 2 to Biplet 2, and Matrim, Wizard, Ash, Shining, and Drake will all be scanned again. This leaves out TJ and Archer.

we dont wanna check steel as well? tie can be achieved with 3-2 for ash with this role so we can test steel too.