Araris (2): Orlok, JNV
Szeth (1): Illwei
Stick (1): Araris
Illwei (1): Stick
Devotary (1): Thaidakar

I can take shots at inactives to clear those out so voting on them is wanting to take all of them out. All of them did post C4 at the earliest so none of them will be filtered this cycle. If elims were interested in voting Araris I don't think Orlok is evil but there's no reason JNV can't be that I'm remembering. They claimed regular reckoner after Aman and TUA did but before that was confirmed. I do like some of their posts though. One message ever the cycle after death seems weak for an Epic ability but maybe there's more going on. @Illwei how strongly did you think Archer was village when you were defending him C3? Araris is voting for Stick now after previous history of defending her which is interesting.

Matrim's Dice (5): Experience, Ashbringer, Karnatheon, Archer, _Stick_, JNV, Thaidakar the Ghostblood
Karnatheon (2): Kasimir, Araris Valerian, Tani, Amanuensis
_Stick_ (5): Illwei, Matrim's Dice, StrikerEZ, Devotary of Spontaneity

Karn and Stick definitely aren't e/e with the vote manip here. Not enough red to be sure if the elims were trying to protect any of these players, but Archer voted when it was 6-5 Mat-Stick while disparaging the Stick votes, so I'm thinking Mat is village. Could be v/v or v/e though; if it was e/e we there shouldn't so much green on Karn since there's no credit in bussing someone who doesn't flip.

40 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Araris (2): Orlok, JNV
Stick (1): Araris

This is kinda weird. I feel like something’s off…

@Dannnex @STINK @Szeth_Pancakes @The Unknown Aon Would appreciate your votes

edit: ninjad, ignore the tag Dannex sorry 

Edited by _Stick_

16 hours ago, Illwei said:

/shrug i never said it was a good idea, it was just me being selfish and wanting to be able to use my role :p. 

@Orlok Tsubodai i dont know if youre just busy or whatnot, but i apologize if my attitude towards you was upsetting enough that you wanted to leave thread.

what is Araris' power again? Does he also have a claimed passive life?

I thought rollover was this morning for some reason. 

@Araris Valerian I won't be voting TUA, a claimed/proven regular unless we kill devo first. Anything else you propose?

If Araris is an Elim, who are their teammates? Do we assume that the existence of devo + karn (vote manip) probably being an elim means that 3 elims was the whole team?

@Illwei, I appreciate the apology. For my part, I was frustrated beforehand anyway, both due to life and the game, and so probably took it worse than I ought to have.

Full disclosure: I used my role last cycle - Like I've said before, it was single-use and could basically target one person and if this player wasn't a corrupted epic, my action would go Haywire and the target would die, also killing one random player from my faction. Essentially this was a way for me to potentially uncover an elim or accidentally kill two players I didn't want dead. I used it on Exp last cycle because 1. I'd kinda been sideeyeing them from d1 so this was a good chance to potentially out e!exp , in which case my action would have been successful and 2. they had a protect role, which meant that if they were v!exp, the writeup would tell me that theyve been attacked but survived, which would have given us a conf village with someone else as collateral damage. But seeing as they died...I guess I was banking on them self protecting since they kinda implied that last cycle - idk who the collateral damage here was, could be any one of those villagers.

This is from Stick the cycle we had the string of deaths.

That cycle, we had Amanuensis, Kashmir, Experience, and StrikerEZ die.

Thaidakar claims the kill of StrikerEZ, and Stick claims to have attacked Experience, with their “Haywire” therefore hitting Amanuensis or Kasimir.

I have a few issues with this.

1) Amanuensis and Kasimir were key village players. It strikes me as materially more likely that they were targeted than that they were conveniently hit by a random kill.

2) If Stick’s role works as they claim, why didn’t they explicitly ask Experience to protect themselves, relying on the collateral to clear Experience, as opposed to risking two village deaths, including that of a lurcher.

3) I’m afraid I don’t buy a role that mechanically clears people. I’ll acknowledge it’s possible, but is another factor reducing the likelihood of Stick’s claim.

4) The timing of this - just as Archer was killed, and so deaths became acceptable to the eliminators again.

I think there’s enough that’s too convenient here to justify a vote at this stage of the game - to believe Stick, we need to accept a role of a very unusual nature, that they happened to use the cycle eliminators could kill again, that happened to take out a village lurcher and a key village analyser.

That they keep emphasising the role hit a player of their own faction feels like an eliminator trying to claim proven village from their role - it also strikes me as very off.

@Devotary of Spontaneity, I think if your win condition is as you claim then you’re going to need to help us take out a few eliminators to get to your preferred endgame. 

@Illwei, fancy moving back to Stick?

37 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

1) Amanuensis and Kasimir were key village players. It strikes me as materially more likely that they were targeted than that they were conveniently hit by a random kill.

One of those two definitely was the elim kill though, so it checks out.

38 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

2) If Stick’s role works as they claim, why didn’t they explicitly ask Experience to protect themselves, relying on the collateral to clear Experience, as opposed to risking two village deaths, including that of a lurcher

I would've! If PMs existed. 

I was afraid that if v!Exp, the elims would just send their NK on them in the same cycle then, because that plus my kill would mean that Exp was being double tapped and so the elims would effectively get rid of a lurcher that they otherwise would've had trouble getting rid of.

41 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

3) I’m afraid I don’t buy a role that mechanically clears people. I’ll acknowledge it’s possible, but is another factor reducing the likelihood of Stick’s claim.

To be fair it didn't even do it's job right so idk, it was kind of a let down :P 

42 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

4) The timing of this - just as Archer was killed, and so deaths became acceptable to the eliminators again

This assumes I knew what Archer was gonna flip as - which I didn't, so... :P 

tbh feeling unsure about orlok at the moment

15 minutes ago, STINK said:

Alright peeps what's up. Migraine kinda gone for now and we pray for its continued disappearance. 

Votes don't really seem locked in on any one person?

Well yes, but actually no. xD Here's the VC:

Araris (1): JNV
Stick (2): Araris, Orlok

What if all of us got RNG'ed in a 5-way tie ( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°) 

53 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

One of those two definitely was the elim kill though, so it checks out.

One of them almost certainly was. My argument is that the other makes much more sense as a targeted kill than a random kill.

54 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I would've! If PMs existed. 

I was afraid that if v!Exp, the elims would just send their NK on them in the same cycle then, because that plus my kill would mean that Exp was being double tapped and so the elims would effectively get rid of a lurcher that they otherwise would've had trouble getting rid of.

If worry about the eliminators taking out a lurcher was such a factor in your decision making, why take the shot at the lurcher yourself? If you hit their self-protect, you guaranteed the eliminators could kill them the following cycle themselves. Either you wanted them dead, which was your original argument based on D1 suspicion, or you worried about the eliminators hitting them. You can't both want them dead and worry about the eliminators killing them. This feels like an excuse, not reasoning for your actions.

58 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

This assumes I knew what Archer was gonna flip as - which I didn't, so... :P 

It very much does assume that you knew Archer was going to flip - I'm arguing that you knew that because the two of you are teammates. Why pick that cycle to hit Experience as a villager? Again, it feels too convenient that you happened to decide to kill a village lurcher the very same cycle the eliminators' strategy of avoiding alignment flips fell apart.

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

tbh feeling unsure about orlok at the moment

Why would I have gone so hard after the contradictions in Archer's claimed answers from Matrim if I were evil? I'd be grateful if you'd explain why you feel unsure.

Three votes for Stick now, and four after this. Since it looks like Dannnex is dying, if it's 7-3-1 then four village deaths from a mix, filter kill, elim kill, and my kill means game over. I'm willing to take a chance on _Stick_ though since I was suspicious of her in the early game and Archer being evil when they're tied together by Stick arguing for Archer's innocence and Archer putting a key vote on Mat over Stick C1 makes me think this is a good chance. I don't think Stink would be e/e with Stick since the votes were close enough they could have kept trying for another target out of Araris, Szeth, Illwei, or even me.

Sorry for not getting on yesterday!

I've reached the point where I kind of wish evreyone except me could just vanish because I have very few good vibes towards anyone and I don't really know anything. @Devotary of Spontaneity would you be willin gto not kill this cycle so we don't automatically lose if the Stick voters are wrong?

I'll just stay where I am because I don't see the Stick train moving in the next few minutes but honestly I don't feel good about it because it just sort of sprung up and there isn't much fighting against it

Bye!

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention why I trust Stick. My bad. The thing is, if Stick hadn't claimed the double kill, with Thaidakar's claim the numbers wold have lined up with arson and they could have just slid under the radar so I'm kind of inclined to trust them. Could be a gambit but I don't think it would be a sound one

Edited by JNV

2 minutes ago, JNV said:

would you be willin gto not kill this cycle so we don't automatically lose if the Stick voters are wrong?

I guess I could do that. From 7-3-1 to 5-2-1 if Stick is evil and 4-3-1 if she's not are both better than losing. If it's 6-4-1 now that's game over if Stick's village but I can risk that.

Cycle Six - Annie Without An E

Blasting those pesky Reckoners away was smartly done, but she wasn't clear. She'd thought she was, but no, she had underestimated just how annoyingly persistent they were, even without the ones she'd killed. She needed more time for her plan to work, she needed - 

The doors burst open and Vexcave came running in. "Anni, they're here. They're - "

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO USE THAT NAME"

Vexcave cowered, but continued. "Alexis. He's here and he's coming for you!"

"Have we figured out what he can do? HOW IS THERE NO ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT HIS EPIC POWERS ARE??"

"No. Temperate is trying his best, but even then, he can only do so much."

"Fine, I'll deal with him. Charge is nowhere near enough, but I'll try, take cov-"

And just like that, without a hint, Annihilation fell to the ground just as Alexis stormed in, with rage and tear-filled eyes and he gave everything he had to avenge the death of his loved ones at her hands. 

_Stick_ was eliminated. She was the Corrupted Epic - Annihilation!
Illwei was killed! She was a Regular!
Dannnex was removed from the game [he was attacked as well!]. He was the Reckoner Ally Epic Big Bully BroncoBuster!

Vote Count:

_Stick_ (4): Araris Valerian, Devotary of Spontaneity, STINK, Orlok Tsubodai
Illwei (1): _Stick_
Araris Valerian (1): JNV
Devotary of Spontaneity (1): Thaidakar the Ghostblood
Szeth_Pancakes (1): Illwei

Annihilation: Long lost sibling of Obliteration, you possess the same skill set, being able to charge your body using sunlight and unleashing the massive wave of energy killing everyone in the vicinity. 

• You get one kill per cycle, but they accumulate till the cycle you decide to use them. You do not need to tag players each cycle, you can select them all at once in the cycle you decide to kill them.
  • You can use this power only once in a game. After the use of this power, the Corrupted Epics have factional kills as usual. 
  • You are immune to vigilante kills. 
  • Annihilation kills are the highest priority in the Order of Actions, and hence role-blocks or redirects do not affect them.

You are Reckoner Ally Epic called Big Bully BroncoBuster! Built like a mean machine, you’re able to role-block a player of your choice per cycle.

Cycle 6 has begun and will end on February 22, at 22:30 IST [GMT + 05:30]. Please try to bold your votes, and give retractions in green. @Szeth_Pancakes and @The Unknown Aon receive inactivity warnings. 

Player List: 

Spoiler
  1. Illwei Regular
  2. Matrim's Dice - Orion Knighthawk Scientist
  3. Experience - Emfatic Reckoner Ally Epic D-Coy
  4. Kasimir - Mordred Kasjek Reckoner Ally Epic - Cobb
  5. StrikerEZ - Nathaniel Walker Reckoner Ally Epic Prestige
  6. @The Unknown Aon - Apocalypse
  7. @Araris Valerian - Spark O'toole
  8. Ashbringer Reckoner Ally Epic Santa Klaus
  9. Tani - Ricochet Reckoner Ally Epic Robbin' Hood
  10. Karnatheon - Pendulum
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Sonia Biven
  12. Archer - Skmurph Corrupted Epic - Incinerator
  13. @STINK
  14. _Stick_ Corrupted Epic - Annihilation
  15. @Szeth_Pancakes
  16. MintSilverTea - Zehpyr Regular Reckoner Ally
  17. @JNV - Eiro
  18. Amanuensis - Blink Regular Reckoner Ally
  19. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood - Endrik
  20. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke
  21. Dannnex - Joe Reckoner Ally Epic Big Bully BroncoBuster
Edited by Elandera
Dannnex was attacked as well

So it was weird that people shut down discussion of Stick and nobody else went after her past C1. I'm willing to assign Mat and Karn as village because the elims would have wanted Mat to flip if he was evil and e!Karn wouldn't have rioted a vote to Stick and almost get her killed. Illwei dying to the elim kill is a strong indication of her being village.

Matrim's Dice (5): Experience, Ashbringer, Karnatheon, Archer, _Stick_, JNV, Thaidakar the Ghostblood

The votes on Karn were mostly deviations from the Mat train which put Stick at more risk, even though the best way to save Mat would have been voting on Stick. Thaidakar and JNV stick out as plausible evils from this.

7 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

With absolutely no outside information, this seems to clear Araris and Devotary pretty much completely. That leaves JNV, Thaidakar, STINK, Orlok, and TUA. From today’s VC, JNV and Thaidakar seem suspicious at first glance. This seems like a prime bussing scenario, though… I’ll have to go back and read through that cycle to be sure.

Sorry about my absence for most of the game. I’ve been going through a rough spot, and the 60 pages of discussion were overwhelming, and that’s not what I needed in that moment. I’ll try to be more present from now on though.

8 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

This seems like a prime bussing scenario, though… I’ll have to go back and read through that cycle to be sure.

I strongly disagree, at least on a strategic level. If there were 3 living elims last cycle, not only could they have voted out one of many different people, but doing so would put the game at 5-3 this cycle, meaning it would be LyLo, and the village having no significant leads post-Archer.

On the flip side, if there were only 2 living elims last cycle, bussing means that the game goes to 7-1, which is pretty much a loss.

I think in either scenario, we should also consider that so far the blackout nature of this game has favored the elims more than the village, so being protective has better-than-normal benefits for their team.

It's also a little weird that Illwei didn't flip. I'm going to assume that Devotary killed Dannex, which means that the elims have another information denial role. Assuming, @|TJ|, that the writeup is not supposed to contain Illwei's alignment.

I'm going to go take a look back at the various role claims (and specifically, the ones that have been pseudo-confirmed).

49 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

It's also a little weird that Illwei didn't flip. I'm going to assume that Devotary killed Dannex, which means that the elims have another information denial role. Assuming, @|TJ|, that the writeup is not supposed to contain Illwei's alignment.

Illwei claimed something about sending a message one turn after his death which could necessitate a null flip, but it's weird that she then flipped regular so maybe their role hides alignment and role on death. I wouldn't expect the elims to have another information denial role since they didn't use it for any other NK.

I did attack Dannnex since I had kills to burn, but I think I will be killing someone who wouldn't have died anyway today even though the logic that if it's 5-2-1 the elims win if the exe, my kill, and the NK all hit villagers still applies. It could be 4-3-1 since I'm thinking only two elims have died so far, but if there were four elims alive last cycle they could have hammered and won so that means they had fewer than five to start.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I strongly disagree, at least on a strategic level. If there were 3 living elims last cycle, not only could they have voted out one of many different people, but doing so would put the game at 5-3 this cycle, meaning it would be LyLo, and the village having no significant leads post-Archer.

On the flip side, if there were only 2 living elims last cycle, bussing means that the game goes to 7-1, which is pretty much a loss.

But it doesn’t matter if the elims are going for a protective strategy or not — if an elim is definitely going to be exed, then it’s usually pretty safe for their team to start piling votes on them. It depends on whether that was the case when Stink and Orlok voted Stick, though. Again, I probably need to read yesterday’s thread :P

10 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

But it doesn’t matter if the elims are going for a protective strategy or not — if an elim is definitely going to be exed, then it’s usually pretty safe for their team to start piling votes on them. It depends on whether that was the case when Stink and Orlok voted Stick, though. Again, I probably need to read yesterday’s thread :P

That’s my point. If there were 3 elims last cycle, then it was certainly not the case that an elim was definitely going to be exed.

Edited by Araris Valerian