Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P

• A Joe in the Forest
    • A Joe in the Court

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I thought the current mediums stayed as mediums until enough of us voted against them?

You're right, yeah, techincally I can be evil. Though in a hypothetical situation in which my original alignment is gunnerkrigg, I'm not sure if I'd remain evil during the time doc is medium, but I'd resume my original win con if/when the muddies changes. But yeah, should probably ask the GMs.

They do, yes - the reason they're being voted on again is because if we don't, it's entirely possible to change the medium at :59 before the cycle ends, by adding one vote to a new one (since you don't have to unvote an old one, just put in a new one). We'd really rather avoid that, so... voting again. :P 

I'm certain that you remain evil. Mediums do, so why not protector/dragonslayers? I'm just not certain whether the protect-the-medium win con actually gets added or not. @Aonar Faileas, do protector/dragonslayer eliminators get the win con of protecting the Medium?

4 hours ago, randuir said:

Honestly, I'm of two minds about the Zeta, I disagree that it is a greater threat to the village than to the elims though, at least as I understand it. Villagers and elims have equal chances of dying to his powers, and the conversion that it does is explicitly stated to be of the blue and orange variety. On the other hand, it can cause significant (potentially bad, potentially good) shake-ups, especially if it ends up triggering often. As for their alignment, you do make a good point regarding that, as the Zeta could be cryptid, or something else unrelated. Overall, I would not be in favor of lynching a confirmed Zeta if he's not of a problematic alignment.

Yeah, that's something I've been considering as well. Putting what seems like a confirmed forest down (and we do have one of those by role-claim, though he has 2 lives) might seem like a good idea, but it's definitely not going to help with information sharing in future meetings, and will invite similar retribution. It's a question of whether it's worth it.

I'll talk a bit about my suspicions later, once I'm home again.

@randuir, having thought on it further, there is the potential for it to remove an eliminator's incentive not to reveal their team, which could clearly prove disastrous for the eliminators, to the point that I'd discourage it vehemently in the spirit of fun. I'm here to solve the game, and have fun doing so, not to have it revealed. That aside, if it removes villagers and elimaintors in the original proportions of the game, it will have no net effect other than reducing the time available to the village to solve the game, which I think is of significant detriment to the village. 

On the second point, it both turns meetings into a confrontation, which I don't think is helpful to either faction, and in this case significantly reduces our information for the D3 lynch in the court, which is the salient point. At the moment, I don't have material suspicions of anyone other than Drake, and I haven't seen many suspicions advanced by other court players so far.

4 hours ago, Eternum said:

Well, the writeup shows that elims killed you, Flash. So yeah.

Also, Stick, "attaching"? Attaching to what? :P

Also I just realized that the Gunnerkrigg villagers will want to kill me. Ohh, crap. Well, uh, plz don't?

Gillitie, quick, find a target worth lynching!

(Yes, I just realized how dangerous meetings can be for me. I didn't think this through when I roleclaimed...)

@Eternum, I would be lying if I said that I thought your claiming was a remotely good idea for you. That said, I don't think it would be beneficial for us to spend this turn lynching you, when our eliminators in your thread can do a very good job pinning you down or killing you themselves. My view is that without a productive lynch this cycle, the court will be neutered until potentially N4, which is far too late to be useful.

3 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

I'm a little confused how this lynch is supposed to work. B/c by my understanding, the forest wants to lynch a human and the humans want to lynch a forest (so to speak). Now, let's say we identify an elim, if the court thinks that we have successfully identified an elim, they would vote on someone else in order to prevent their ally from getting lynched. If they think the elim is a regular resident, they would be fine with it. Unfortunately, the court has more people, what stops them from just lynching the one of us that is least likely to be an elim? Unless as Randuir points out, we have a reason to work together. Any vote to try and find an elim within our ranks would likely be fractured, and unlikely to get the requisite votes necessary in order to avoid a counter-lynch by our compatriots across the...divide? (haven't read the work this is based on).

Thoughts people? Am I missing something?

So uhhhh, whats the plan?

@Dalinar Kholin, if you wouldn't mind, I'd be much obliged if you'd let us get on with a lynch of a suspicious member of the court without intervening? The odds of us finding a cryptid (sp?) at this stage, if they exist, is unbelievably low, when neither thread has yet found even an eliminator. I think it in both our interests to have productive lynch discussions, which we can carry out if both sides have the potential to lynch. We can do this entirely independently of each other, so long as neither side targets a member from the other thread.

2 hours ago, Megasif said:

Hmm. So I was expecting a lot more activity in the meeting since we have all the players in one place now.

And ouch, three foresters dead.

Not much from the mediums. Still on the role hunt, I guess. But PMs in the night only so maybe not. 

Yh so we have the elims of both sides now. It's actually really fun when you think about it. Each side will want to lynch the other side's strongest village read. I think maybe that's why Orlok? Mentioned it in a previous post. It's going to get hectic with votes. Almost like 4 factions. Each is allied with another but we don't know who they are and want to avoid lynching them.

Another option is that there is no lynch today but seems like it will be waste of a meeting.

What else can we try to achieve here? There has to be a purpose for the meeting.

What if the mediums are the ultimate baddies? I'm not too familiar with neutral roles in SE (since I'm new) but the elims won't really have a reason to lynch them since the mediums are neutral. So why a protector?

And what if the secret roles they are looking for are their hidden teammates that only the mediums are aware of (about being the medium's teammates) and the players do not know yet and the mediums have to get in touch and let them know. Or they could be trying to find the secret role/alignment and get rid of them (their wincon). And the two mediums could be in a race with the other?

@Megasif, I have no idea what you're asking me. My views on this have been clear since the beginning of the cycle. COuld you rephrase your question?

Your thoughts about the mediums seems to be nothing more than speculation, unless you have information on this that you'd care to share? I certainly think that it would be a terrible idea to lynch a medium on this basis.

Just now, Elbereth said:

They do, yes - the reason they're being voted on again is because if we don't, it's entirely possible to change the medium at :59 before the cycle ends, by adding one vote to a new one (since you don't have to unvote an old one, just put in a new one). We'd really rather avoid that, so... voting again. :P 

I'm certain that you remain evil. Mediums do, so why not protector/dragonslayers? I'm just not certain whether the protect-the-medium win con actually gets added or not. @Aonar Faileas, do protector/dragonslayer eliminators get the win con of protecting the Medium?

Note: Removing a Medium requires a majority vote. The minimum number of votes the new Medium would need is 9 in the Court, or 8 in the Forest.

Eliminator wincons take precedence over Medium and Guardian wincons.

5 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@TheMightyLopen, in case you’re still under the impression set out in the first paragraph, I think we win if the Forest’s eliminators win, so don’t need to catch the Gillitie infiltrators in the Court before that happens (although relying on that is clearly not a sound option :P ).
On meetings, I think it varies by stage in the game. This early, we’re hardly going to end the game in the Woods’ eliminators’ favour. Equally, lynching their most confirmed villager (not that I think someone of that nature exists at this stage (although I do have yet to analyse the Woods thread)), both sets a precedent that such a thing is good form, meaning we’re at risk of the same happening if our numbers fall beyond those in their thread, and dramatically reduces the information we have available for the D3 lynch in the Court thread. Given we didn’t have a D1 lynch, I’d be minded to support a lynch of a Court player, so that we can build momentum and connections, and so catch our own eliminators. 

@TheMightyLopen, I'm somewhat surprised by this sentiment. You know full well the value of lynch discussion, and LG35 stands as testimony to the amount of lynch discussion that can be generated in even the last fraction of a cycle.

Thanks, but randuir cleared that up for me, so I'm good. :P

I agree with us Court players just focusing on other Court players for the lynch. Much simpler and nicer. xD

Yeah, in most other situations, I'd have tried to push for a lynch, but almost the entire Cycle, no one had discussed the lynch, and multiple players had said nothing(or close to it :P), and tied lynches result in a coin flip, so once a lynch got started, there would be small chance of players removing their votes to make sure nobody was actually lynched. And because it was so late, unless we were gonna lynch someone who wasn't around, we had a small pool of players to lynch from(this isn't LG35, because we started with 17 players), and no real suspects. So I would have felt bad lynching someone at that point.

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Hah! Take THAT you killers! 

You may have killed me but I CAME BACK! 

In the other thread.

I'm also apparently not allowed to take the test again so no mediumship for me :( I don't want to compete with Stink anyway. 

So I came out as a gunnkerigg (sorry about spelling. I can't ever spell it right). So now, kill the forest! GRR. 

So, secret alignments. Cool. If you're a psychopomp, don't kill me. Again. 

Also, whoever decided to kill me? Not cool. Not cool at all. 

Welcome to the Court! We'll be keeping a close eye on you. ;)

4 hours ago, Eternum said:

Well, the writeup shows that elims killed you, Flash. So yeah.

Also, Stick, "attaching"? Attaching to what? :P

Also I just realized that the Gunnerkrigg villagers will want to kill me. Ohh, crap. Well, uh, plz don't?

Gillitie, quick, find a target worth lynching!

(Yes, I just realized how dangerous meetings can be for me. I didn't think this through when I roleclaimed...)

Haha, well, like I said above, I do agree with just lynching players within your respective thread, so you should be safe(plus, maybe you're a Gunnerkrigg and we don't want to lynch you! :P).

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Yeah. The court peeps will get their way if we all try to lynch elims from our own threads, as they're larger in quantity. I think there's a neutral role with an objective against the mediums because I've been wondering all game why the mediums need guardians in the first place. It's probably because a role such as this exists?

We do have more players, but I seriously doubt every one of us in going to vote on a single player, or even that all of us will vote. So I'm not sure that's a problem.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, actually, because if they're neutral(or elim), who's going to want to kill them enough that they need special protection?

@Orlok Tsubodai It wasn't a good idea. I'm not exactly known for those.

What it is is reckless, probably dumb and just the type of thing that can make a game interesting.

I'm not really playing to win, though I can't exactly say I don't want to. I'm playing for fun, and trust me this is fun.

Plus, I did not do it for no reason. I am not telling you that reason, because you're still probably Gunnerkrigg *Glare*

But I have a plan that will probably not work because the elims in the Woods thread don't seem to be as efficient as I need them to be.

Oh well.

2 hours ago, Eternum said:

Kintas because you're mean ;-;

But no really, why vote for me?

Because I thought your plan was bad and I had nothing else to go on. I forgot about your roleclaim, though, so Eternum.

Not really sure of a lynch target. We know you attacked Flash, but not who attacked Straw. Straw is a good player who’s been around longer than I have, so I know I’m always keeping him in mind, but I don’t see him as someone I’d plan to kill off quickly in most games. Someone disagrees, or else picked randomly or for some as-yet unknown criteria.

I got nothing, though. Sorry. Maybe tonight when I get home I’ll try sifting through the threads. I’ve been getting village reads on most of the players in the Forest thread, though, which isn’t helpful.

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

Eternum killed Straw, jon. Lol.

My bad…

Obviously this is common for me to mix stuff up. :wacko:

So it's Flash who was targeted by the Elims, and while he's somewhat new still, he's been very active and eager (bad idea to attack him early, Elims), but could have maybe been onto something the first day?  Probably not, I know I wouldn't target someone for that since it would give people clues, but I'll see if I can spot anything.  More likely, they just picked someone who doesn't yet have a history of dying early, but isn't brand new either, and who they felt would end up being a threat at some stage in the game.  That makes me think it's someone who's been around a while, though perhaps not one of the really long-time players. I could see that logic being used by HH, cloud, Doc, Araris, Arinian, DA, or Stick, more likely than the other players in the Forest.  Myself too, I suppose, for the sake of honesty.  I'll look through the posts by those players more carefully when I can. 

18 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

My bad…

So it's Flash who was targeted by the Elims, and while he's somewhat new still, he's been very active and eager (bad idea to attack him early, Elims), but could have maybe been onto something the first day?  Probably not, I know I wouldn't target someone for that since it would give people clues, but I'll see if I can spot anything.  More likely, they just picked someone who doesn't yet have a history of dying early, but isn't brand new either, and who they felt would end up being a threat at some stage in the game.  That makes me think it's someone who's been around a while, though perhaps not one of the really long-time players. I could see that logic being used by HH, cloud, Doc, Araris, Arinian, DA, or Stick, more likely than the other players in the Forest.  Myself too, I suppose, for the sake of honesty.  I'll look through the posts by those players more carefully when I can. 

I don't think I was getting on anybody's case. I did have some gut reads I stated but if they killed me for that... 

I more thought it would be because I was actively trying to become medium. 

Okay, I promised I would talk about my own suspicions, and though I'd prefer to get some sleep first, I should get these out as there's been very little in the way of discussion in the court side (with the exception of Orlok, that is).

So, my 2 main suspicions right now are @Ecthelion III and @TheMightyLopen.

What struck me as potentially suspicious about Ecthelion where his insistence on a non-Stink medium choice and his push for a lynch based on little discussion. For the fiirst point, it isn't his quick vote for Brightness, but rather his insistence that it shouldn't be STINK. Most notably, this post:

I'd like to just make my opinion known that voting STINK as a medium is a bad idea. We've stated and restated that it's not good to have an eliminator in that position, so I think it should logically follow that we vote on someone who didn't nominate themselves. Plus I don't particularly trust STINK in a position of responsibility.

At this point, Brightness was the only person that hadn't pushed herself forward, and she had only made one post up till now, and didn't in any way indicate (afaik) that she wanted to be the medium. Essentially, he's throwing suspicions on all others but his own suggestion, while his own suggestion does not seem particularity interesting either, as the person in question hadn't shown any indication to wan ting to be the medium, or for that matter, had shown any sign that she was less likely to be an elim than the other candidates.

The second point was Ecth's attempts to get a lynch on Shqueeves going. Wanting to get a lynch going isn't a bad idea in and of itself, but targeting someone in the name of the crusade was fairly unlikely to get us any information, nor was it very likely to result in the death of an elim. It seems slightly more likely to me that Ecth might have been an elim trying to ensure a villager got lynched D1.

Regarding Lopen, it's one post in particular that stood out to me:

Wouldn't the only player who would do a last minute vote be an eliminator? So if they did that and then took the test, they'd have a 60% chance to be an eliminator in the new thread, and would probably be lynched immediately. I'm not sure if that should be a really worry.

I don't mind the vote on @Shqueeves though. He's been online since the game started(he signed up for the new MR I think), but he hasn't posted yet. So his quietness it a little strange.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but does there need to be at least 2 votes for a lynch?

I'm sure I say this at least once per game, but someone stating support for a lynch while not actively voting themselves always makes me wonder wether they are an elim trying to get a villager lynched while staying outside of the spotlight themselves when people later look at that lynch.

I'm going to vote Ecth for now. I'll try to do a full pass on everyone from the court thread before this cycle is doone, but I can't promise anything.

Lynch Vote tally

Drake(1): Orlok

Dalinar(1): Majestic(technically not yet retracted)

Majestic(0): Dalinar

Eternum(0): Jondesu

Jondesu(1): eternum

Ecth(1): Randuir

7 minutes ago, randuir said:

Okay, I promised I would talk about my own suspicions, and though I'd prefer to get some sleep first, I should get these out as there's been very little in the way of discussion in the court side (with the exception of Orlok, that is).

So, my 2 main suspicions right now are @Ecthelion III and @TheMightyLopen.

Regarding Lopen, it's one post in particular that stood out to me:

I'm sure I say this at least once per game, but someone stating support for a lynch while not actively voting themselves always makes me wonder wether they are an elim trying to get a villager lynched while staying outside of the spotlight themselves when people later look at that lynch.

I didn't support Shqueeves' lynch(I'd already said I was in favor of a no lynch), I just supported drawing attention to Shqueeves because he hadn't posted even though he'd been around.

Just now, TheMightyLopen said:

I didn't support Shqueeves' lynch(I'd already said I was in favor of a no lynch), I just supported drawing attention to Shqueeves because he hadn't posted even though he'd been around.

As I see it, from what you said there, it seemed like you where actively supporting the shqueeves lynch. It could quite well be that you only wanted to draw attention to him, but that's not my takeaway from "I don't mind the vote on Shqueeves though". I'm not super suspicious of you, but I don't have too much to go on right now, so small things like that do stand out.

Thanks mate :) @Majestic Also, I'm seeing almost nothing right now in terms of lynch discussion, and I've got little to contribute. I'd guess that at least two or three of the elim's are laying a very low profile (or possibly inactive). I'm trying to develop more suspicions on the more active people, but it's hard without more analysis posts. With that in mind, I propose a crusade. Arinian! "Show yourself, or I claim you life in forfeit"-Reginald shouted. @Arinian At the very least let's make it impossible for the elim's to hide among the inactives and get peoples activity up. I'm glad to discuss alternatives, but *shrug*.

48 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

My bad…

We should consider that they're just trying to drain the discussion. Flash was one of our more active players. Stick and Doc have extra lives/are protected. It's also worth considering that he was our only other choice for medium. 

Hmmmm, tell me if you find anything interesting. I don't have enough experience with peoples playstyle or experience to match that up.

Edited by Dalinar Kholin

Well, since they wanted to kill discussion, a good guess would be that they probably wanted to be camouflaged among all the idle people.

So that makes me slightly suspicious of the 3 who haven't really appeared yet; polkinghornbd, Arinian and cloudjumper.

I'll mention that I saw polkinghorn and Arinian looking at the thread before, but they did not post.

Edited by Eternum

53 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

My bad…

Iirc, most of were reading Flash village, so that may be why they killed him.

Anyone with a PM with me last night would know that I was mildly suspicious of you last cycle, Jon. Mostly gut, though you voted eternum last cycle as well, removed it, and then voted on him today, then removed it. And then there's the confusion about the NK and the ysengrin kill. I don't know what to make of this, but you're probably a villager?

Oh and I'm still feeling weird about araris and will vote tomorrow morning. Also HH.

11 minutes ago, Eternum said:

I'll mention that I saw pollinghorn and Arinian looking at the thread before, but they did not post.

I did too. @Arinian @polkinghornbd Hi

Okay, I was getting ready to start an art project, but I need to take some time to write out my thoughts thus far :P

1. I'm for lynching someone from the Court since we've not had a lynch yet.

2. It pains me to say it, but Ecthelion gave me a weird vibe when I read through that first day cycle. :/ Why would you want a contribution crusade lynch on Day 1 when it would literally provide zero info? Shqueeves hadn't even posted yet iirc. And I didn't see anything wrong with a Stink for Medium vote.....even if I was very flattered by the nomination. :P Tbh I'd make a terrible Medium cuz I'm still trying to figure out what's going on and keep up with one thread. I don't think I could handle 2. 

3. I was also suspicious of Drake and Clanky for saying we should all take the test day 1... sounds like a nice way to get a bunch of people to hop threads while you stay behind and rule the court :P (I'm aware that it was Stink's suggestion, but I'm pretty positive he was joking lol)

4. I do think we should get a good vote going now since last cycle we had little to no discussion and we need this.

@Ecthelion III I'm willing to move my vote dear, if you explain your actions day 1 :P (please don't hold it against me...I still need a date for the dance haha xD)

Vote BrightnessRadiant for Homecoming Queen please! ;)

Oh and also @TheMightyLopen I'm watching you :ph34r:

Welcome Flash! And welcome all of our forest frienemies to the meeting! :D

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

This was meant to post last night, I have to go soon to school so I'll post thoughts later. Let's break discussion and have some RP instead.

There comes a time when one must break ties and leave others behind. To take a side, hold your chin up and glare defiantly in the face of the enemy.

This was not one of those times, Centaurus cared not for petty feuds and the machinations of the world. He was one to value truth, friendship and a good tale.

It had been a few months since a Meeting such as this had occurred, young Koru had grown so much in the past years. Shame, Cent was all for staying aloof and wild. He loved Coyote dearly, if only for his nature (and ability to party). The old dog had treated him well all things considered, and kept Cent entertained, what more could he want to it?

He remembered a time Koru had been as such, young...free, daring, bold...there had been a fire in his heart. Alas, something had happened in the Court, something he had never told anyone...the reason he had come to the Woods not 3 years ago, hollow save for a smoldering hate, his fire laid low. A burning passion for life and adventure beaten down to a small fire...one which Coyote shamelessly took advantage of, kindling it into the powerful creature that stood today. Thick fur, in a variety of shades of blue covered the tall, powerfully built body. Strange bony growths protruded down his neck and spine, some covered his arms, sporadically placed, growing larger as they come closer to the core. Markings in a dark shade of blue covered the body, each denoting a skill or mastery over one of Coyote’s lessons. But of course, the most striking feature would have to be Koru’s head. Why? It just happened to be akin to Ysengrin, Reynardine and Coyote’s. Coyote had bestowed upon him the body of another demon dog. A wolf, a snarling….wolfish wolf. Another striking feature is the absence of an eye. Word around the wood was that he had sacrificed it to speak with a star. No light had been shed on this rumor as so far.

Centaurus looked to the sky, it wasn’t night yet, but his own constellation was out there somewhere...and the price for that one...he still had regrets. He shook his head, no point to dwell on it, it was old news anyway. Light Years old. The effects of the rising tension between the Wood and the Court was strikingly evident. The Court Medium was large man, but not too large, kind of small. He seemed to be taking the stress in stride, turning it into a strange humour which only made sense to him and left everyone bemused.

Centaurus already knew he’d love him.

The others seemed to play along with the man, some of the more frazzled sort tried in vain to divert everyone’s attention to...he wasn’t sure what it was, but the word “Zeta” was mentioned a few times. Centaurus frowned at this...it sounded familiar…

Troubled, he walked around, studying the people thoroughly, new faces, some old, some shifty, few bold. Then with a start he realised who was missing, and why he had decided to come to the Meeting in the first place, if not for the Court Medium’s bad jokes. He seemed to be short on good ones.

He hummed as he slipt past the crowd that had gathered outside the hall where the Meeting was taking place, a large throng of confused students wondering why they couldn’t get in and a few more...knowledgeable ones, hoping to catch a glimpse or snatch a word of the Meeting. Of course, noone noticed him, all he had to do was change his form to fool them into thinking he wasn’t there.

He missed exploring this place, but even more so, he missed his young, old friend Coroner Brown. She had to be around here somewhere….

( @Doc12 @Burnt Spaghetti)

1 hour ago, randuir said:

As I see it, from what you said there, it seemed like you where actively supporting the shqueeves lynch. It could quite well be that you only wanted to draw attention to him, but that's not my takeaway from "I don't mind the vote on Shqueeves though". I'm not super suspicious of you, but I don't have too much to go on right now, so small things like that do stand out.

Well I don't like contribution crusade lynching someone D1, and I think I've mentioned that in previous games, so you can trust me when I say I would not have been happy if Shqueeves had been lynched.

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

2. It pains me to say it, but Ecthelion gave me a weird vibe when I read through that first day cycle. :/ Why would you want a contribution crusade lynch on Day 1 when it would literally provide zero info? Shqueeves hadn't even posted yet iirc. And I didn't see anything wrong with a Stink for Medium vote.....even if I was very flattered by the nomination. :P Tbh I'd make a terrible Medium cuz I'm still trying to figure out what's going on and keep up with one thread. I don't think I could handle 2. 

Oh and also @TheMightyLopen I'm watching you :ph34r:

Contribution Crusade lynches aren't really for information, they're for getting rid of inactives(and if someone's inactive, lynching them isn't going to give us information since they haven't really posted... :P).

Okay. Don't tunnel though. :P

4 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@Megasif, I have no idea what you're asking me. My views on this have been clear since the beginning of the cycle. COuld you rephrase your question?

Your thoughts about the mediums seems to be nothing more than speculation, unless you have information on this that you'd care to share? I certainly think that it would be a terrible idea to lynch a medium on this basis.

I was just mentioning the point about lynching the strongest village read. I am on phone so couldn't go and check exactly who it was but thought it was you so put your name with question mark.

Yes it is actually all speculation. I was just wondering as to what is the purpose of the protectors and why anyone would want the mediums dead. Stick also mentioned about neutral roles in their post. Also, what purpose would a meeting serve in regards to the mediums. I'm sure it would be to further their win con.