19 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

In the spirit of abundant clearness, my previous message was a very near copy of

Reveal hidden contents

the snarky dialogue HK-47 gives you after failing the check to make repairs on them in KOTOR

in the hypothetical scenario where you played the game, tried to do repairs on HK-47, and didn't happen to spec into the relevant skills, you would potentially get that particular dialogue message a lot

Commentary: Ahh, I shall blame that on my faulty memory core. That interaction appears not have been one I'm currently able to access. Perhaps once I've ki... gzzt exterminated more... Gizka, I will be able to once again access those memories.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Hello, ‘tis I: Fadran. Mat tells me this one’s still in signups?

Therapist: Fadran in SE isn’t real, he can't hurt you

Fadran in SE:

And yes, yes it is.

Roleplay entrance:

Krisbaan gripped the stun cane he always kept with him. It, the net cannon slung over his shoulder, and the blaster at his hip were his only weapons. He had never used the blaster. He saw it as only one step away from breaking his vow not to kill. 

He had had the cane since before he switched careers as a self defense weapon, and the stun net had been his first professional acquisition. The gun was standard issue, technically stolen from the crew that he had served under before going bounty hunter. 

Krisbaan used to just be an ordinary hunter that had just specialized in taken alive cases, but in the recent months he had been being privately hired to go after certain targets. The pay increase was nice, even if he disliked the personal responsibility that working specifically for someone caused.

His latest target was one of those jobs, the highest paying one yet. Apparently some old enemy of this Jev [Last name] wanted to get their revenge themselves. And Krisbaan was happy to oblige them.

Edited by The Unknown Novel

There were far too many bounty-hunting types about nowadays.

Tantyck sat alone at the end of the bar, sipping a mug of hot chav quietly to himself. Thoughts and glances made occupation enough for him, and on days like these it was often more prudent to keep to just that. The types around here who made ruckus and spat out unthought words never lasted long. That was just how things went on Korriban

Still... old Sajhe seemed a bit more shaken today, and if there was anyone worth talking to around here it would be him. Not a gizka lost its tail for a hundred miles without him finding out sometime or another. Tantyck supposed some bounty hunter or local gang brat had come on in and roughed up what they could. Honestly, how under the Wils those kinds of folks made it out here... it seemed that either you made by with a million words or none at all nowadays.

"I don't suppose it's a womp rat nest that's got you all frazzled up today, hm?" Tantyck asked, eyes on his drink. The words had been decently calculated and delivered, he thought. Just enough to keep his hide out of trouble for now at least.

Everyone knows that K.D. Tantyck's a defected imperial officer - or everyone knows that's what he claims, anyways. Presumably he'd been in the ISB since about a year before the Battle of Yavin, then defected (again, presumably) just a couple weeks before the Battle of Endor. He now lives on Korridan - it's the last place anyone would think to look, after all. The men at the bar will tell you he's just a sorry sod looking to save his own skin, but even they mutter to themselves about just how good he is at it. This man jumped to the rank of Lieutenant and oversaw five whole sectors in the middle rim after just a year in his position, raked in credits for nearly fifteen years, then jumped ship just weeks before the Empire was effectively toppled. Either he's incredibly prescient or just about the luckiest person ever to live - both, perhaps. It's like some kind of force guides him to take only the most prudent actions.

i am,,,

debating,,,

i think i’ll in for now

oh no actually i’ll sub

i think three games isn’t an insane amount of multitabling, i just had a game wrap up which means it’s not gonna be four games at once bc that would have been too much

edit: actually /in let’s make this a 17er

checked the start time and it should be good for me

edit #2: oh hey fadran is playing hi

im still the spaceport mechanic btw

Edited by ookla the POKE VOTE

On 11/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, Kasimir said:

Did you go into Demolitions instead :eyes:

Spoiler

maybe

2 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

My character will be Nodice the Unlucky Spacer who absolutely does not have a gambling addiction in the slightest and also never cheats ever, shame on you for suggesting such a thing. ;)

Now this sounds like somebody I can get behind :D

*stares intensely in everyone's eyes and wiggles claws mystically*

"Join the game, you want.  Comp all of Moff's drinks, you will. Forgive all of Moff's extensive unpaid Jedi academy student loans and podracing gambling debt, you will.  The Force compels you.  Hmmmmmm."

Edited by Madagascar

14 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I was going to sign up as Chewbroccoli for this game, but I feel kinda crummy and school is going to be hectic the next while. I'm sad I'm missing a Kas game, but I'm not as young as I used to be :P.

It's fine, old man :P

RL first, this comes for us all eventually :eyes:

Sign-ups are closed. Please give me about half an hour to sort PMs and get the cycle up - it turns out that if this is your first time GMing right as everyone Ooklaifies...

Hoo boy.

K I'm gonna need a while but this will happen. Be patient, and may the Force be with all of you.

Cycle One: Communications Breakdown

The fallen Jedi had left a trail of destruction in his wake.

The bisected halves of the counter were still smoking. Barles was staring at it, his eyes haunted. Fought in the wars, Barles had. Sajhe remembered, he’d said it a couple of times. Time was, the Jedi’d fought, too. Maybe that was what Barles remembered, even now, even after the Empire had tried to cast down the Order, the Temple on Coruscant, to grind the memories of the Jedi into the dust.

Sajhe remembered too, for all they said he was too young. Too young to have fought in the wars. Too young to spend his life in the quiet contemplation of the dust in Dreshdae.

Sajhe poured drinks, cracked a cold Corellian ale for some of the regulars who looked like their nerves needed steadying. The Drunk Side swirled with tension, fear, and anxiety. You didn’t live in Dreshdae, in the shadow of the Valley of the Dark Lords, in the shadow of the Sith long dead without learning to fear those who sought mastery.

Moff at least had rolled under the table, and Sajhe supposed he was drunk, as usual. Nothing seemed to faze Moff. Or if anything did, it would take more than an incursion of fallen Jedi, pretenders to the legacy of the Sith, to do it.

He frowned to himself. Pretenders were, perhaps, the most dangerous of all, apt to wander too far into the shadows, awakening things best forgotten.

“Sithspit,” muttered Jev, nervously. There was something about Jev, something in the way they seemed to start at every shadow, but Sajhe didn’t know what it was. Hiding from something, perhaps. Or running away.

Sajhe knew a lot about running away.

“A karking Sith,” agreed Ullen Kos, his eyes just a little wild. He clenched the mug of Corellian ale in his white-knuckled hands, as though it was his source of strength, and cursed in spacer’s Huttese.

“Well, someone’s got to do something about it,” Barles said. “Can’t have one of those going through Dreshdae.”

“Someone’s got to go to the comms array,” said Loren Vash. “Put out the call to the New Republic, maybe get them to call for Jedi assistance. Ain’t anything good, when there’s a fallen Jedi here, of all places.” She thumped the table with her scarred knuckles, grimly.

“Could try the Valiant,” offered a Rodian in a worn flight suit, sitting all by himself. “I serve on the Valiant, and this is a hell of a time to take shore leave, let me tell you. But if you can comm the Valiant, she can send a distress signal to practically anywhere, maybe even Coruscant and Yavin 4. You’ll get your Jedi in no time.”

“Smarts!” Sajhe called out, as he noticed the droid technician sitting by himself at a table, working on a disassembled probe droid. He had to call again to get the technician’s attention. Too lost in his work, as it turned out.

“Listen, think you can head over to the spaceport and make that call?”

“What call?” Smarts asked.

Sajhe sighed. Technicians.

“There’s trouble here. Trouble with some of those fallen Jedi. We think it can’t mean anything good. Word needs to go to the Valiant, probably pass it on to Coruscant. They’ll let the Jedi know, or anyone else as needs to.”

Smarts nodded, confidently. “Shouldn’t take long,” he said.

Because the Force had a sense of irony, Smarts was just out the door when he ran back into the cantina, with Turtle on his heels.

“Smarts?” Sajhe asked, uncertain.

Turtle was the one who spoke. “The comms relay was sabotaged. Someone planted a comms spike in it.”

“Is there a back-up?”

Turtle shook his head. “Dreshdae’s too small. There’s the comms relay at the spaceport, and the nearest relay from there is in the next sector. We’re cut off.”

“A communications disruption can only mean one thing.”

Sajhe looked over at Tantyck, who met his eyes. Tantyck was always careful with his words, measuring them out as though they would one day be used against him. Rumours abounded in his wake: that Tantyck was a defector, that he was ISB, that he’d a knack for survival…

Sajhe could see that last one.

“Yeah?”

Tantyck nursed his drink. “This settlement is under attack,” he said, simply.

2q4K292IJ1YqqKJsX-_t-XtNsJBnkOR3MTvJqoDWFJjZzSvwriBO5PXWj61B6yccPVEscCo_FQ-mxv5o270VtfF8P6fd8JlIbBV7bGwlSVLtnH76qiLeYE107wA28Ka1rgPsJyvt3yFWCBWfasetIh1upjIgYJBseMBZpqRJYW0zGk_71i3HPEMRYHpY

The cycle has begun and will end on Tuesday, 29th November 2022 at 0100hrs SGT (GMT+8)! All role PMs should be sent by now. Please alert me if you have not received your role PMs. Please be reminded that PMs are closed

P.S. For players who haven't been GMed by me before, please don't post until I've reserved the second post in this thread for the player list and rule clarifications. Thank you!

Please be reminded that if you have changed your name to an Ookla name, I will require that you either keep the same profile picture, or change your member title to your former username. I will also require that you place votes using either the player's regular name or their RP name, for my sanity. Thank you.

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Multiple vote manips and multiple redirects on the same target both have the same net effect: they cancel out.
  • Anything redirected to an illegal target (the obvious case has to do with protects) will fail. 
  • Roleblocked players will be informed they were roleblocked.
  • Redirected players will be informed they were redirected, e.g. "You successfully protected Gamma!" when Kas had sent in orders to protect Wyrm.
  • In the case of multiple unanswered redirects, e.g. Kas redirects Wyrm who was redirecting Ren who was redirecting Gamma, I will RNG for their order, and then apply them in the following order.
  • If you are redirected to yourself, and you are using a redirect, you will be told your action failed.
  • Jedi Knights are not included in the Apprentice Doc.
  • PMs are closed. Players cannot open PMs with other players for the duration of this game.
  • The Apprentice Doc will be pseudonymous: players will be encouraged to stick with an identifier and colour, but not required to use a real player name or RP name.
  • Duel challenges are refunded if the player is dead at the point the challenge is issued (challenges are last on OoA.)
  • There are no restrictions on Force powers beyond what is written in the rules for that particular Force power, and the action limit. Thus, both Jedi can use Force powers if they do not recruit. The same is true of the Reborn.
  • Force Dominate does not require the target to have voted.
  • A Desann Reborn using Force Drain can indeed be redirected onto themselves, effectively draining themselves to death. You can thank the Stack for this.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @JNV - Jev, a low end smuggler with multiple secret identities
2. @Ashbringer - Kalabel, a young droid technician who found an absolutely innocent red triangle thingy
3. @The Unknown Novel - Krisbaan, a bounty hunter with a capital P Past
4. @Matrim's Dice - Smarts the droid technician, who is protecting you from his real name
5. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Tania! the Terentatek, awoken from dormancy and ready to feast on Force-sensitives
6. @xinoehp512 - Nodice the unlucky spacer, who absolutely never cheats and has no gambling problem, you are the problem

7. @DrakeMarshall - Dr. Dacken Humtumb, the gizka preservationist
8. @Haelbarde - HK-47, your friendly neighbourhood non-organic gizka exterminator
9. @The Wandering Wizard - Lib Wubum, Gungan bounty hunter, trailing Jede Ratrit
10. @The Bookwyrm - Myhar Impay, ecologist who would like to leave to study a more exotic planet, but feels indebted
11. @Fifth Scholar - 
Martano Hamartano, an aspiring marksman and swoop ganger
12. @Ventyl - Ibonek Naw-ibo, a dude in the wrong place, who totally does not have a Shardblade
13. @Shining Silhouette
14. @Szeth_Pancakes
15. @Madagascar - Moff, deadbeat Jedi dropout
16. @Channelknight Fadran - 
K.D. Tantyck, defected Imperial officer
17. @ookla the POKE VOTE - Turtle the spaceport mechanic
18. @Alvron - Nees Bac, Jawa scavenger stranded on Korriban by Imperial forces

Edited by Kasimir