Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

Well, if it were allowed by the rules, there would be an argument to be made for no vote today. But it isn't. No vote minimum and ties are random. Somebody is getting killed, so we best do something with it instead of wasting the opportunity.

2 minutes ago, STINK said:

you know people say this every game right

^

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

Yes, but it's different this game, I'm against it because we can analyse who takes items and who doesn't and what they take tonight? This night? In the night cycle? I don't know.

I just wanna

I struggle with this game

I just wanna treat it like a normal game

but

it's not

I think we should absolutely shrek someone today. Yes, we increase the chalklings power in the night. But we’ve got items to handle that. To work against that. Plus, we do need to figure out who the Forgotten are. We need to get rid of them, as well as survive. We can’t focus on avoiding the chalklings to the point where we don’t try to get information to get rid of the Forgotten. Because the faster we get them, the easier it will be to hold off the chalklings.

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think we should absolutely shrek someone today. Yes, we increase the chalklings power in the night. But we’ve got items to handle that. To work against that. Plus, we do need to figure out who the Forgotten are. We need to get rid of them, as well as survive. We can’t focus on avoiding the chalklings to the point where we don’t try to get information to get rid of the Forgotten. Because the faster we get them, the easier it will be to hold off the chalklings.

Right... I guess... 

Hmmm also something I've been wondering: can the elims use the Line of Warding to increase the power of the Chalkling Hoard? I assume not, since the rules didn't say anything about it and it's not exactly thematic, but it also means that the elims have no use for that line or any books with that Specialization, which feels a bit odd to me? Then again, they don't have a use for the Ornate Clock either.

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

The use the elims have for those items is twofold. First, they can look good by taking them. Second, actual villagers will lose access to those items.

I don't mean the use in taking them--I realize that. But they have no reason to use the Line since there's almost no chance than anyone will scan them and see them do it, and then taking the Clock is totally NAI for precisely the reason that the elims benefit from it too. 

On one hand, it's a bad idea, because the Forgotten will just murder someone and we'll end up trading a valuable member of our team for a few items.

On the other hand, more time for the Shadowblaze to enter play and to gather items for chaos.

On the third hand, mis-exeing here does have a severe detriment.

On the fourth hand, Araris isn't letting randomness play in, and I probably will not be either.

On the fifth hand, I'm out of hands.

I do think we need to choose someone to execute here. Which means we should probably start talking about suspicions.

Yes, I can have those! What do you mean I'm supposed to be chaotic the whole time? Chaos doesn't mean uselessness!

I'll look through the thread. If this is the reversals game, I'm obligated to vote today.

Um... guys.

• Non-Rithmatist: You snuck onto the front lines to study the art of Rithmatics, and to hopefully gain that power. You win if all Forgotten are dead. Unlike other roles, you cannot use Rithmatics. If you get a Shadowblaze, you become a Forgotten, and your win condition changes accordingly. Once per cycle, as an action, you may teach a player a random Specialization.

This is the only role that mentions a Shadowblaze. And they become a Forgotten. I'm sort of thinking the Shadowblaze isn't the lifesaver you all are thinking it is.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Um... guys.

This is the only role that mentions a Shadowblaze. And they become a Forgotten. I'm sort of thinking the Shadowblaze isn't the lifesaver you all are thinking it is.

• Shadowblaze (Passive, Night, Valuable x2): If held by a Rithmatist, gives the camp one additional Defense each night. If held by a Forgotten, lowers the camp's Defense by one. If the player holding the Shadowblaze dies, it is removed from the game.

[OOC: As I've been reminded, I'm Keeper of King's Laws. Sart may not be King, but here you go :P ]

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Um... guys.

In the hands of a normal Rithmatist, it automatically adds two (edit: one : P) to the Defense each cycle. In the hands of a Forgotten, it adds two (edit: one : P) to the Strength of the Chalkling Hoard each cycle. And the Thief wants it because it counts as two Valuable Items.

Edited by Quinn0928