Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

On 2/3/2021 at 5:00 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier snorts. “Come on, Marsh. You can do better than that! Admit it - I did a good job with them.”

"You did, I especially liked the way they talk to allomancers."

This is hard I barely even know Marsh's personality, I'm just having him poke at Kel.

39 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

@Hentient @Nathrangking @Toaster Retribution @Shard of Reading @Hoiditthroughthegrapevine @Matrim's Dice @BreezeCauthon @Brightness Warrior 

I have lots of spots left. I have 2 for Roshar and 2 for Scadrial. (RoW spoilers included in this one)

I totally would! I've read RoW and everything, but I haven't reread misborn for a long while and I still have to read the last two books of era 2 so I think I'll be an observer for this round :P

40 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

@Hentient @Nathrangking @Toaster Retribution @Shard of Reading @Hoiditthroughthegrapevine @Matrim's Dice @BreezeCauthon @Brightness Warrior 

I have lots of spots left. I have 2 for Roshar and 2 for Scadrial. (RoW spoilers included in this one)

It would be so kind if you let me be Wayne.

55 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Which planet is ‘Thaidakar’ playing for?

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

It would be so kind if you let me be Wayne.

You got it!

49 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Which planet is ‘Thaidakar’ playing for?

Right now, Scadrial. As is, it could switch back. You’re kinda my easily movable player to even out teams.

Scadrial 3, Roshar 2

On 2/12/2021 at 6:24 AM, Ghanderflaffle said:

Just when I think I'm out, Cosmere Character Roasts Battles draws me back in... 

Just so you have some more flexibility for balancing sides, sign me up as Felt @Ghanderflaffle

8 hours ago, Hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Just when I think I'm out, Cosmere Character Roasts Battles draws me back in... 

Just so you have some more flexibility for balancing sides, sign me up as Felt @Ghanderflaffle

Got it! I’ll stick you in Scadrial for now, but I’ll probably move you depending on what the teams look like. Roshar 3, Scadrial 4

Feel free to recruit people!

• 2 weeks later...

I was giving it a little longer, but looks like we aren’t getting it. (I’ve also had some extreme clashing between speech not quite being over, tennis starting, and going back to work, so I haven’t been on a ton.)

Welcome to the second iteration of Roshar vs Scadrial! (That I know of) Full RoW spoilers are allowed, so please read competitors roasts with caution. The teams are:

Roshar:

@Random Bystander as Nightblood

@yeshevishman as Adolin

@BreezeCauthon as Wit

@Matrim's Dice as Nikli 

Scadrial:

@Kingsdaughter613 as Thaidakar

@The Unknown Order as Marsh

@Shard of Reading as Wayne

@Hoiditthroughthegrapevine as Felt

This tournament will be all duels. No voting for yourself, please vote even if you are eliminated. The first pair up will be @Random Bystander against @The Unknown Order You have 3 days to complete your roasts, so March 4th at 9 PM (CST). Good luck!

12 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I was giving it a little longer, but looks like we aren’t getting it. (I’ve also had some extreme clashing between speech not quite being over, tennis starting, and going back to work, so I haven’t been on a ton.)

Welcome to the second iteration of Roshar vs Scadrial! (That I know of) Full RoW spoilers are allowed, so please read competitors roasts with caution. The teams are:

Roshar:

@Random Bystander as Nightblood

@yeshevishman as Adolin

@BreezeCauthon as Wit

@Matrim's Dice as Nikli 

Scadrial:

@Kingsdaughter613 as Thaidakar

@The Unknown Order as Marsh

@Shard of Reading as Wayne

@Hoiditthroughthegrapevine as Felt

This tournament will be all duels. No voting for yourself, please vote even if you are eliminated. The first pair up will be @Random Bystander against @The Unknown Order You have 3 days to complete your roasts, so March 4th at 9 PM (CST). Good luck!

Just a reminder that Orthodox Jewish members should not be given tournament dates that include Friday and Saturday. Also that Pesach is in three weeks.

Put it in a spoiler for size.

Spoiler

*A long pause happens where no contestant appears then Marsh falls through the ceiling*

"Wait, you're seriously going to make me roast a sword? It can't even talk. Oh well."

"Well, let's have a look at your history. 

"It isn't much of a mistery.

"You were made by... two zombies? 

"Then you killed one of them? Jeez.

"How many lives have you claimed? 

"Doubt it can beat my count, there's been too many to be named.

"You see, I'm the god of Death, I have my own religion, what have you got to your name?

"The fear of nations, the fear of a sword none can tame?

"I have power you can't believe: I'm a fullborn*.

"You weren't even born. 

"Of course, you have some qualities. 

"You can change ones emotions, you can kill will a touch, but I can match those abilities. 

"I can Sooth, I can Riot, I can Push a coin, I can Pull a building.

"So, in the end, I trump everything you put forward, and you fall at every point, some ending.

"So let's go on, on your own, you're useless, with me, I can do anything, anywhere.

"And your holder is... where?

"You may have Endowment on your side, but I have two in one.

"I have Harmony, who's always won**.

"So, when you put it to the test, I'm the best. 

"Now it's time for you to fill in the rest."

*Couldn't figure out whether he was actually a fullborn or not. 

**I don't think Harmony's ever had a chance to lose, but it still holds true.

Edited by The Unknown Order

46 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Put it in a spoiler for size.

Hide contents

*A long pause happens where no contestant appears then Marsh falls through the ceiling*

"Wait, you're seriously going to make me roast a sword? It can't even talk. Oh well."

"Well, let's have a look at your history. 

"It isn't much of a mistery.

"You were made by... two zombies? 

"Then you killed one of them? Jeez.

"How many lives have you claimed? 

"Doubt it can beat my count, there's been too many to be named.

"You see, I'm the god of Death, I have my own religion, what have you got to your name?

"The fear of nations, the fear of a sword none can tame?

"I have power you can't believe: I'm a fullborn*.

"You weren't even born. 

"Of course, you have some qualities. 

"You can change ones emotions, you can kill will a touch, but I can match those abilities. 

"I can Sooth, I can Riot, I can Push a coin, I can Pull a building.

"So, in the end, I trump everything you put forward, and you fall at every point, some ending.

"So let's go on, on your own, you're useless, with me, I can do anything, anywhere.

"And your holder is... where?

"You may have Endowment on your side, but I have two in one.

"I have Harmony, who's always won**.

"So, when you put it to the test, I'm the best. 

"Now it's time for you to fill in the rest."

*Couldn't figure out whether he was actually a fullborn or not. 

**I don't think Harmony's ever had a chance to lose, but it still holds true.

‘Thaidakar’ chuckled. “Pretty sure I’m the only Fullborn here, big brother. Probably, anyway, seeing as our creator hasn’t seen fit to canonize it.”

Marsh is not actually Fullborn. He does have a lot of spikes though.