Day Five: What You Need

Furtive whispers drifted through the air, still humid from yesterday's storm. "Is everything in place?"

"To my knowledge, yes."

"Remember, this has to succeed. This target is the primary obstacle to a Diagram's fulfillment. If he doesn't die tonight, things will get very difficult."

"We have employed contingencies, you know."

"The're not enough. We need this to end, before things get out of hand."

The two figures quieted, watching their target fade into view. They looked somewhat disoriented, confused and trying to figure out where exactly they were.

The figures shared a quick glance, before walking off in opposite directions, each knowing what needed to be done. As one was quickly lost from view, the other circled behind their prey, stalking them back to their tent.

The shardbearer waited just outside the tent, waiting for all noise to cease. When enough time had passed that their target could be assumed to be sleeping, they raised the Blade, preparing to cleave the structure in two, and hopefully it's occupant with it. 

As the Shardblade fell, the fabric of the tent suddenly flared with light, and the Blade, sharp enough to cut stone without resistance, skidded off with a metallic clang. 

Throughout the camp, silence was replaced by the stirrings of wakefulness. Storms. Blade dissolving into mist, the sharbearer fled, melting into the night.

Elsewhere in the camp, a sentry jumped to attention at the sound of crashing metal. They sighed. All I wanted was one peaceful night. One.

Sprinting for the source of the sound, they found themselves oddly invigorated, even as glowing wisps of stormlight escaped with their breath. 

Someone was attacked, but survived!

Squires were created!

You've got roughly 45 hours to decide on a lynch.

A couple things:

1. The write-up for Day Four is now finished, so that can be locked and merged. Night Four not so much.

2. I am most likely going to have to be away for five-six days starting Friday afternoon, so there's two options. Either A: You guys can have a week-long Day Turn, or B: I can provide the Dead with the Spreadsheet and PM access, so they can keep things going while I'm away, as they have graciously offered to do. Either is fine by me, but due to the uncertain nature of me being away, I'm finding myself without a lot of time to let you guys come to a decision. So I'll probably have to go with the majority of responses received by about 10:00 in the morning. 

I'm fine with whatever you choose to do Aonar.

Okay, let's get this started. Sani, how come you've been so inactive on here, but not other parts of the forums?

I'll second this question.

Edit: forget to actually vote for Joe.

Edited by Emerald101

Hmmm... I do think that it's odd that Joe isn't responding, because he has been quite active in all other SE games I've seen him participate in. I do think that it's more likely that something came up and he's not able to participate, rather than him just choosing not to participate to avoid suspicion.

Also, if you guys are ever at a loss for a lynch, I do have a campout next week, for 5-6 days, so I'll be inactive that whole time. I'm frankly surprised I lasted this long with so many kill abilities floating around. So if anyone suspects me, I'm not horribly averse to dying before next week.

I do want to place a vote, because I accidentally didn't vote last day phase, and I want to pull my weight. I'm going to place a vote on Mailliw. I've seen more posts of RP, (which I'm not averse to by any extent.) than all your helpful posts together, and I'd like for there to be more discussion. If viewed from a certain light, you could be seen as a potential diagramist. If I get a good reason why you're not, that I find valid, I will retract this vote, but I do want to vote for someone this cycle.

I wanted to do this ages ago. Sorry it's taken so long.

All of Hero and Ren's posts:

Day One

Hero: RP

Hero: clarification

Ren: Hold back with squiring; some surges are dangerous

Hero: Don't give explicit reasons for votes

Ren: Pro-first day lynch. Suspects Idolevy, mildly suspects Macen, Hero. Opposed to posts w/o content.

Hero: Dislikes first day lynch (but this is unpopular)

Hero: Suspicious of Feligon-Eowyn-Phatt vote overlap.

Night One

Hero: Roles list

Orlok/Hero/Orlok: Orlok asks about Idolevy's post, referenced by Hero and Maill. Hero responds he didn't reference Idolevy. Orlok apologises - got Hero and Ren mixed up.

Ren: Asks about Idolevy again. Disappointed nobody lynched

Day Two

Hero: Opposed to mass reveal of refugees

Ren: is present

Hero: Advises holding Gravitation charges for protections later in the game. Diag WR more likely than SB.

Ren: Probably Diag WR. Votes Macen. Pushes Idolevy again.

Hero: Argues holding Gravitation again; no suspicions.

Night Two

Ren/Ren: Suspicion of Macen. Suggests killing the many inactives.

Hero: Diag are lurking/pretending to be inactive.

Day Three

Hero: Losing TW is bad

Hero: Suspicious of Bort's contacts but thinks killing him would be a mistake

Ren: Killing Bort would bring too much attention. Suspects Phatt.

Hero: boardgame

Ren: Proposes Phatt/Clanky working together. No preference from PK/Leif.

Hero: Suspects PK.  Village KR more likely to be posting.

Ren: PK not suspicious; unsure about Leif. Interested in Idolevy/Kipper.

Hero: Asks PK about PM.

Issues they both agreed on:

Diagram Windrunner - day two, after use of Gravity on Meta was revealed. Other advocates: none

Killing inactives - both of them were calling attention to lurkers (night two) and this is reflected somewhat in their votes (Ren=>Idolevy, Hero=>PK) Other advocates, Phatt, me, Bort, probably lots more

Bort's death not due to Diagram contact - for obvious reasons. Other advocates: Eramit (indirectly), Orlok, Araris (indirectly), Alv, Maill (eventually), meBB

Dissenters: Macen, Clanky, PK, Feligon

Both of them were in favour of targeting inactives, which is a point against doing so. I'm more interested in the debate over Bort's death, though. With their Windrunner at risk, they would have good reason to push the thread away from lynching the four contacts. Of those people, Orlok's additional mix-up of Ren and Hero back on Night One has attracted my attention.

Also, tent animator, good job!

(I would personally prefer a long day cycle, though either way works.)

Okay everyone, we've got this mostly figured out for the time that Aonar is gone. The Dead Doc is already hard at work, trying to make sure that everything stays on track. I've talked to both Wilson and Gamma and they are on board with this idea.

Between us Mods, we figure this will give players a chance to see some of the work that goes on into being a GM and as such, give future GMs a sampling of what they can expect. It won't be a perfect representation, but it will start to give everyone at least an idea of all the things that GMs have to deal with. 

So, going forward, I've already been added to almost all of the PMs that are going on. If there's one that is missed, please add me to them, as I will be the person in charge of PMs for this section of the game. If I haven't been added to a PM and you try to send in an order from one, then it will not be counted; so double check. That said, if I have been added, then please use the PMs already in place, as I will see those and be able to record those actions/discussions accordingly. 

Hero will be our Write Up Chief. He's already done an amazing job with Ronzo's write up (which you really should read since it's already been merged. It's beautiful and if you liked it, feel free to let Hero know so! :) Plus, that means that we're all caught up in write ups! :D ), but he's the one that we will rely on to do the write ups while Aonar is away. If you have a song or something that you would like to see happen in the event of your death, he's the guy you should contact. 

Finally, while we are doing all of this, please include Aonar in any correspondences while during this time. This is still, very much, his game; we're just trying to take care of things due to these unforeseen circumstances. It will be far easier for him to catch up if he has everything available to him once he gets back. 

I think that covers everything, but if I left anything out, feel free to contact one of us and we'll do our best to clarify the situation. Best of Luck to all of you! :)

Edited by Metacognition

The writeup that Meta linked to is actually the second draft that I did. For anyone interested, here is the first one:

The members of the warcamp huddled together nervously. All around the camp the winds howled and raged, hurling boulders and lashing out with blasts of orange lightning. The highstorm- for what else could it be?- didn’t act as any other highstorm, sweeping across the land. Instead it swirled around the camp in a might vortex of destruction and thunder.

And out of that thunder a voice was heard, emanating from the storm all around them.

Insolent fools! the voice boomed. It was familiar to many of them. It sounded like the voice of Wannan, amplified a thousand times. How many times have I told you, I cannot be killed! And by trying to do so, you have only succeeded in freeing me from my prison of flesh and bone.

A face appeared in the clouds, so huge that its features could barely be distinguished. Wannan’s face, with stormclouds for a nose and mouth and eyes outlined by crackling lightning.

Now, I shall return the favor!!!

Orange spears of lightning flicked out in rapid succession, each one seeking out and striking down one of the refugees. Some of them tried to fight back, sucking in stormlight and summoning shardblades, but their attempts were pathetic compared to the full power of the storm, and they too were struck down. Finally, only a few survivors remained- those who had chosen to follow the diagram.

Come with me, my friends, the Storm-Wannan boomed, as glowing shardblades descended slowly from the sky into the diagramists’ outstretched hands. No, not shardblades, Honorblades. The diagramists burst alight with orange stormlight, and rose into the tempest. As one, they rode the storm across the sky.

Meta didn't like it because he felt like there was a little bit of personal bias creeping in, but I don't see it. :P

Edit: formatting

Edited by Herowannabe

For whatever reason, I always get the "brash and forceful idiot" role in the writeups...:P...totally not me...

Edit: And does this game have the record as the LG with the most absences and the least discussion?

Edited by Kipper

Hmmm... I do think that it's odd that Joe isn't responding, because he has been quite active in all other SE games I've seen him participate in. I do think that it's more likely that something came up and he's not able to participate, rather than him just choosing not to participate to avoid suspicion.

Also, if you guys are ever at a loss for a lynch, I do have a campout next week, for 5-6 days, so I'll be inactive that whole time. I'm frankly surprised I lasted this long with so many kill abilities floating around. So if anyone suspects me, I'm not horribly averse to dying before next week.

I do want to place a vote, because I accidentally didn't vote last day phase, and I want to pull my weight. I'm going to place a vote on Mailliw. I've seen more posts of RP, (which I'm not averse to by any extent.) than all your helpful posts together, and I'd like for there to be more discussion. If viewed from a certain light, you could be seen as a potential diagramist. If I get a good reason why you're not, that I find valid, I will retract this vote, but I do want to vote for someone this cycle.

That's very understandable. I figured some people would come after me for that. The reason I RPd more last cycle was because I found myself with some extra time on my hands, but it was a night turn and no one was discussing, and then it got extended twice. 

Well.. This is... Interesting to come back to.

As some of you may have seen in the HttFE thread, I haven't been terribly active this week at all, due to some issues with my dog, who isn't well.

Excuses for my absence aside, I am somewhat perplexed by the motion to lynch me.

When Kipper in his post above says he is voting for me for 'previously mentioned reasons', as I recall, he previously voted for me on a hunch - apparently something seemed 'off' in my posts - I would welcome elaboration on this, as I cannot really provide any explanation when I'm not sure what needs to be explained!

Twelfth's reasons are laid out though - although I am of the view that they are not particularly watertight (although of course I hold this view ;) )

He talks of me attempting to direct the lynch target away from the 4 involved in Bort's PM. Indeed, I did moot the possibility that it was not one of those 4, as a number of others did, as without the information from Macen, we had no way of knowing that it was one of the four, and Bort had been, as I stated in my post, quite active in game. As such, I felt it necessary to consider the possibility that it wasn't one of the 4 contacted, not because I didn't think that it could become of them, but because I felt the discussion needed not to be tunnelled on a small fragment of the suspects. As it happens, Macen's scan proved me wrong - yet I stand by my argument as having been sound given the information available to me.

With regard to confusing Ren and Hero - there is a very simple explanation - I frequently get confused between them, having been a 'spectre' for most of the last long game, I didn't interact with either, other than Hero for one cycle of orders, and then read a games worth of Elantris discussion involving posts from the both of them.

Not only this, but they had posted sequentially, on at least a page back from the current one when I was writing my post - as I recall, I simply read the name underneath the post I had meant to refer to, and misattributed the quote.

Also, there is the slightly minor fact that I'm absolutely awful at remembering names!

Given I don't particularly want to be lynched on flawed premises, I shall vote for Eramit . I haven't been following the game as much as I normally do, for the personal reasons touched upon above, and so have few suspicions from the past cycles. However, Eramit's post earlier appears to be an attempt to start a bandwagon on me, based on two previous votes, one of which was merely on a hunch, and thus seems to me to be an attempt to stifle discussion of other potential lynch targets.

Kipper, this is when everyone goes on their summer vacation. It makes a little sense people are inactive. I am going to put a tentative vote on eramit, because based on the activity from today's thread alone he seems to be the most suspect. I also agree with the suspicion of Joe, but I will need to go back and find all of his contributions. There is a list of my current suspect pool, but I can't access it right now, so later tonight I might update my vote depending on if eramit is on that list.

Except that he's been active in other parts of the forum.

Additional Comment:

i will vote for Orlok.

While I'll keep my vote on Joe for now, I feel myself wondering about the motives behind this vote. If you're voting for him because you agree with twei's arguments against him, then say so. I understand that sometimes someone ninja's your suspicion before you post it, but a vote without at least some reasoning behind it doesn't hold enough weight to elicit a response from most eliminators.

Edit: fixed awkward phrasing.

Additional Comment 2:

He squired me, though I don't have any charges yet.

I just realized the mind games this is gonna cause (assuming you're correct and he's not a diagramist.) Do the diagramists go for him or  Macen? which one do we protect? Both? How could we possibly coordinate that correctly?

Edited by Emerald101

I'm not sure whether this cycle ends in 4 and a half hours or in 28 and a half hours - but will change my vote from Eramit to Joe on the off chance that it does end in just over 4 hours - whilst I'm more suspicious of Eramit than Joe, I am still far far more suspicious of Joe than I am of myself!