Really? It seems to me that they still have influence, votes, and possible KR abilities. I'd rather take out sometime who is still a threat then end up killing an innocent.

... Wait. Are you talking about scanning, or killing. I was thinking the latter. Oops. Then yes, what you said.

Really? It seems to me that they still have influence, votes, and possible KR abilities. I'd rather take out sometime who is still a threat then end up killing an innocent.

... Wait. Are you talking about scanning, or killing. I was thinking the latter. Oops. Then yes, what you said.

I was more just talking about trying to analyze and discuss who we think the others are. Not to kill - sorry! :)

Well, since we have a few people have have basically said outright that they are vanilla, I'll jump on that too.  I don't have any special abilities, other than being semi-okay at the penny whistle and having an electric cane (I don't even need a cane, but it does look fancy).

sorry Leift, I didn't see many of the last minute-hour posts until the day had been over for hours.

Well - commendations to our Lightweaver - that was either some incredible luck or excellent guesswork!

Can we infer from the fact that Hero and Ren are both Diagrammatists(?) that no other really experienced players will be?

I don't know how Aonar has balanced this - pot luck or had influence in selecting the roles and factions?

Aonar, I don't suppose you can tell us this? ;)

Orlok, I wouldn't assume that, unless Aonar does jump in and say something.

Paranoid King, I wouldn't assume that. Bussing is an equally valid strategy, though a bit more risky. Of all the things the Eliminators do, they will likely place high priority on who they vote for, as their votes will definitely be analyzed. Also, your opinion may be affected by you being on the list, yes?

Well, I would agree that shooting for a member of discovery would be a good strategy if they have no/few other votes on them. But if there's almost a tie and your vote may be the difference between whether or not your team member dies, you'd take your vote off.

And Hero responded to clarify that he was keeping his vote on me, when the votes were close.

(Exact response: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/33389-lg13-traitors-on-the-plains/?p=297795)

I'd say that's as close as you can get to solid proof that I'm not a discovery member. That being said, as I have no powers, I would really like to be a squire.

I understand what you're saying, and of course it makes sense from your claimed point of view as a Refugee, but an Eliminator could say the same thing. And Hero may have done that to throw suspicion off of you when he was discovered.

Now, one of my weaknesses is I Know You Knows...that rabbit hole is near and dear to my heart...so how about I leave it at this:

In no way do Hero's actions confirm you. I've done that before. Others have done that to me. So I see you as about 50/50 villager/eliminator right now. I'm definitely not convinced.

Also, I love how everyone is jumping on my Refugee bandwagon, after it was explicitly said that we SHOULD NOT all reveal. I did not expect that everyone would claim as well, so sorry, Radiants. :P My mistake...

I understand what you're saying, and of course it makes sense from your claimed point of view as a Refugee, but an Eliminator could say the same thing. And Hero may have done that to throw suspicion off of you when he was discovered.

Now, one of my weaknesses is I Know You Knows...that rabbit hole is near and dear to my heart...so how about I leave it at this:

In no way do Hero's actions confirm you. I've done that before. Others have done that to me. So I see you as about 50/50 villager/eliminator right now. I'm definitely not convinced.

Also, I love how everyone is jumping on my Refugee bandwagon, after it was explicitly said that we SHOULD NOT all reveal. I did not expect that everyone would claim as well, so sorry, Radiants. :P My mistake...

I'm going to give him a 30% chance of being bad. Based on all that damned probability I wasted my time doing.

So all this speculating about whether or not I'm a diagramist will get me scanned, right? If that's so, I'll do all I can to make it even more confusing so that I'll get scanned more quickly.

Yeah, I'd say that I have about a 25% chance of being a diagramist, assuming that 1/4 of the people on this game are eliminators.

Okay. Once again, I'm on mobile, so splotches for no colored copies, but I'm going to but my lunch vote on hero. I don't know much about either one from past games, so I'm pretty much choosing blindly. Also, unsure about PK right now. Acting confusing to get scanned wastes a scan action, if he is actually a villager, and being confusing is just confusing.

Hey guys I have to apologize for missing the basically all of the cycles so far.  Work went crazy and this is the first time I actually had a chance to sit down and play.  

Macen I have to say great job finding two Diagramists.  Your logic was sound and if I wasn't inactive I could of helped you last cycle so I feel like I owe you specifically an apology.  My work schedule, while still going to be hectic, should allow me some time to keep caught up and participate.

I have to second the plan of having our kill ability on Hero.  Even if he got the protection power from our Edgedancer he can't protect himself so I think he is the perfect target for our kill.  

As how to keep Macen alive I am not sure.  Our protection abilities should most definitely be focused on him, but if the eliminators still have a surge for gravitation then we are in a bad spot.  

As for my suspicions other then the already confirmed Diagramists I don't have any solid ones.  From reading the thread though I got the gut feeling Orlok is not a Diagramist based on his interactions with some of the confirmed Diagramists, but that is about it for my first time reading through it.

I probably won't be on for tomorrow due to a 12 hour work day, but Sunday I should have some time to read the thread closer and I might be able to come up with some suspicions then.

i think that PK might be a diagramist because when he came back arais and him changed their votes to leift in almost the same time and supported each other and kipper might be too a diagramist this conversation might be a premade conversation to remove suspects from kipper and PK and so might arais be a diagramist as i said before.

for who to vote i think we should vote on hero because he got squired (if i understand it right) and renegade didnt.

Sorry for my inactivity the last few days - I've been on mobile data, and this game just about slipped my mind while I was juggling MR8, HttFE and two exams that I just put behind me. On another note, does the Ring provide Investiture Compatability? Is Sauron's power End-Positive or End-Negative? How would Shardic Investiture differ from Maiar Investiture?

Okay, done overthinking. No targets at the moment.

Probably the biggest problem with finding out those questions is that we don't know how the ring was made. How was power invested into the ring? Were sacrifices involved? Was the power of a volcano used? Or was it just the mysterious "wizard power" that Gandalf uses?

Anyway, back on topic, I'm going to place my vote on Hero.

EDIT: ooh, just remembered that someone asked Brandon what would happen if someone tried to burn the one ring. Yes, the ring is investiture compatible, it appears. (link: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/2383-qa-with-brandon-sanderson/?p=42471)

Edited by Paranoid King

Poor Smeagol doesn't even get a write up when he dies. :(

It's coming. Sorry. (On that note, could this turn be left unlocked for a little while, so I can put the finishing touches on that and edit it in? Assuming I don't start puking again, that is. :/)

The Night is over, and I'll get the results up momentarily. However, I've been very sick for the last hour or so, and still don't feel amazing, so the write up might take it's time in coming.

Day Four: Patterns in the Storm

Wannan set about preparing for sleep. He’d briefly considered running, but there was no real point. Even he couldn’t outrun a Highstorm, and it’s not as if any of the refugees could actually kill him.

A sudden crash sounded outside his tent. That doesn’t mean they won’t try, though.

He leapt outside immediately, hoping to avoid any pre-emptive attempts at ending his life by just destroying the tent. This, apparently, had been just what his attacker was expecting. He was knocked to the ground mere feet from the tent’s door, by a figure wreathed in wisps of stormlight.

The figure raised a hand, stormlight gathering there until it was almost too bright to look at. “Do you have anything to say in your defence, Wannan, as a Diagramist, and an accomplice in the murders of Etam and Botholomew?”

“Yes, in fact I do: You’re forgetting something.”

The figure tilted their head slightly in confusion. “Explain yourself. The process of law must be followed, but I will not abide any trickery.”

“I’m immortal, remember?” Wannan inhaled deeply, and exploded with light. A bare instant later, he had removed the friction from his body, and was sliding away across the plateau. Wannan had found that the Surge of Abrasion had made a nice counterpart to his immortality. That Smeagol fellow was more than a little strange, but he did have his uses.

His escape, however, was short-lived. The figure from before surged into view, keeping pace a few feet above him. “I am sorry, Wannan. But justice must be served.”

Storms. The figure reached down, stormlight dripping from their hand, where the fabric of Wannan’s began to crack and char. Hah. Like he thinks that’ll stop me? The figure dropped a little lower and touched Wannan’s chest.

His body flared with stormlight, which seemed to trace a pattern of white-hot fractures across his skin.

A mere moment later, Wannan was nothing but a faintly smoking patch of rock on the plateau.

On the other side of the plateau, someone sat alone, their feet dangling over the chasms. A small cat sat in their lap, purring softly. Footsteps crunched in the distance, and the purr turned to a low growl, completely unsuited to the feline’s size. “Shh.” The robed figure gently rubbed the cat’s ears, and the growl faded away, although it didn’t resume purring.

The footsteps had stopped. Alvonoha spoke, without bothering to turn. “Don’t be shy. Come have a seat.” Silence. “Just so you know, you should probably work on your concealment skills. It’s hard to assassinate anyone when everyone within a hundred yards can hear you.”

Slowly, the footsteps started up again, and a cloaked and hooded figure sat beside him, warped shardblade at their side, still wet with condensation. “I don’t really want to do this, you know.”

“I’d imagine you don’t.” Alvonoha seemed perfectly at ease, despite his situation.

“They say it’s necessary. Taking some lives to preserve all the rest.”

“And who choses which lives are to be taken?”

“Not who. What.”

Alvonoha nodded, seeming to understand. “Ah. I see. And you would trust this thing? Even to decide life and death?”

“It has been right so far.”

“I would imagine it has,” he sighed. “You choose perhaps one of the only times to kill me when I might be vulnerable. I don’t believe that can be mere coincidence. Are you certain, however, that it is right? My spren has told me some of the terrible things to come. And from the sound of it, I am to help combat them. And yet you have been told that I, and those like me, must die.”

“I cannot claim to understand everything.”

“Nor can I. I would ask, however, that after my death you seriously consider the implications of your line of work.”

Confusion touched the shardbearer’s voice. “You’re not going to try to avoid your fate?”

“Why should I? Damnation and I have several mutual acquaintances. It’s about time we met personally.”  Alvonoha carefully picked up the cat, and set it aside, before shifting himself a little further over the edge. “I wouldn’t mind if you could find someone to take care of the cat, though.”

The Blade rose, and Alvonoha closed his eyes, darkness greeting him like an old friend.

The Blade fell, curls of dark smoke rising through the air. Alvonoha’s body tipped slowly over, into the chasms. A quiet sound could be heard, indistinct against the rising winds, of a small black cat, mewling inconsolably.

For Kazaaak, any night with a Highstorm was a good one. If you were careful enough, and quick enough, you could steal a lord’s ransom of spheres, in the short minutes before the Stormwall struck. If you weren’t… well, that didn’t bear thinking about. Kazaaak was the best. He was never too slow, and never careless.

One basket stood out to him in particular. It was filled to the top with dun spheres, and was the perfect distance from his tent. Far enough away to make it seem improbably that he did it, while close enough that he should just be able to make it before the storm came.

He crept quietly towards his target, on the lookout for any refugees either brave or stupid enough to still be out and about.

“Just what do you think you’re doing, thief?” A voice growled from somewhere in the dark.

Kazaaak froze, turning slowly. “Who’s there?”

“I knew you would choose tonight, thief. You always follow the same pattern. Stealing more stormlight for your traitorous friends, I presume?”

“Look, buddy, I have no clue what you’re talking about.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Cloth rustled behind Kazaaak, as his antagonist revealed themselves. “I know what you have done, and for it, you will burn.”

Kazaaak turned, only to see a large figure reaching towards him, glowing with stormlight. Oh Stormfather-

An instant of pain was followed by the stormwall’s roar, as Kazaaak was left naught but ash in the stormwinds.

As dawn came, and the refugees stumbled outside their tents, a few woke to a strange sight: Their spheres, left just outside their tents, were still dun.

Wannan (Herowannabe) was killed! He was a Diagramist Edgedancer Squire (Abrasion).

Alvonoha (Alvron) was killed! He was a Refugee Stoneward.

Kazaaak (Paranoid King) was killed! He was a Refugee.

Squires were created!

As there was a Highstorm, all Radiants have an additional two charges of Stormlight, and Squires have one.

You have roughly 48 hours to decide on a lynch. Good luck.

Edited by Aonar Faileas