Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

20 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So does anybody know whether TJ was in fact the person who told Dannex that Drake was evil? We can't necessarily trust that anymore but it might be nice to get a claim.

Last night, a postman put me in a PM with Drake, which he used to claim Zelda. I was pretty sure Drake was lying since he clearly wasn't the person in contact with Dannex. Drake did not mention being Link, but did seem confident that Link wouldn't kill him.

Well you were right about me lying, because I'm not Zelda. But I did need to gauge your reaction.

There isn't much more to it than that. As you say, there was absolutely no need to ask my postman to get me in contact with Link last turn, because I am Link.

8 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So does anybody know whether TJ was in fact the person who told Dannex that Drake was evil? We can't necessarily trust that anymore but it might be nice to get a claim.

Last night, a postman put me in a PM with Drake, which he used to claim Zelda. I was pretty sure Drake was lying since he clearly wasn't the person in contact with Dannex. Drake did not mention being Link, but did seem confident that Link wouldn't kill him.

You were on the Drake CW D2, right Devo. Same one that clears me? I think that's why I'm trusting you.

Based on the post where TJ picked Drake over TUO, it looks like TJ scanned Drake N2. 

Dannex knew who Kas saw request a Frog, so as long as TJ went through with the plan, Dannex would have known TJ was legit. And vice versa because Dannex outed Illwei. So they would have been honest with each other. 

Maybe it's just me being in the Drake tunnel mindset, but it feel like that's an e!Postman move, to help Drake get some village allies. We know that last Night, Dannex and TJ were also put in a PM. Unless they delayed announcing the success to confuse the Postman, which is possible, I'd say we're probably looking at an evil and good Postman.

And as a reminder, we likely have left in the game two Postmen, Link, a Daruk Thug, a Revali see who someone targets scanner, an Urbosa roleblocker, a Knight action redirect protector, a Sheikah role learner, and nine vanilla. There may be some more repeats in there, given how few vanillas have flipped so far. Here's hoping the village has more scanners. 

About a year ago... I was walking along the road here at night, when suddenly I saw a blinding light in the sky.

When my eyes finally adjusted, I found myself looking at a shimmering object floating overhead. I couldn't look away.

The next thing I knew, I was bathed in light. When I came to, I woke up in bed covered in sweat.

What... do you think about that?

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

About a year ago... I was walking along the road here at night, when suddenly I saw a blinding light in the sky.

When my eyes finally adjusted, I found myself looking at a shimmering object floating overhead. I couldn't look away.

The next thing I knew, I was bathed in light. When I came to, I woke up in bed covered in sweat.

Was it your sweat or someone elses?

I want to post some more today, but I don’t really have anything to say. My reads list is depressingly short and hasn’t changed much over the past couple of cycles, we have a conf elim to vote out, and I’m not feeling energized enough to post any RP right now.

Well every elim who looks like they're going to be exed will claim Link from here on out and there's not much we can do about it. I really think an elim knight should have protected Illwei N1, or at least that the calculation of 'it's not worth it to randomly redirect the attack and potentially hit another elim just to save someone who'll die the next turn anyway' should apply equally to elim Drake. However, it would make sense for TJ!Zelda having scanned Drake as evil N2 to try to exe him D3 since it seems like Dannex wasn't in PM contact with 'Zelda' until N3. If Drake is Link we'll lose N4 anyway as was pointed out, so it's worth exing him. Also, I doubt Link, having no proof as to my alignment, would have claimed Zelda to me, even knowing I would be unlikely to believe him.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Interesting story.

What does it have to do with SE?

At first I thought it was just a bad dream. But the bed I woke up in... wasn't my bed.

It was a bed full of liquid in an empty room. And when I looked in the corner... there was a weird glowing device.

And when I touched the device...

I was overwhelmed with a feeling of... familiarity. When I came to, I was here...

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

At first I thought it was just a bad dream. But the bed I woke up in... wasn't my bed.

It was a bed full of liquid in an empty room. And when I looked in the corner... there was a weird glowing device.

And when I touched the device...

I was overwhelmed with a feeling of... familiarity. When I came to, I was here...

Now I don't believe you.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

What does it have to do with SE?

This deals with a disguised Yiga encounter in the Breath of the Wild game when Link strikes up a conversation with him. The nightmare and waking up part he's referencing are basically how Link started his adventure in the game. He woke up in a weird chamber and had no idea where he was. 

5 hours ago, Jondesu said:

I’m honestly not that hopeful we have another Sheikah in the first place, though it’d be nice.

If we had another Sheikah I feel as if they would've come out to us by now, especially considering Dannex came out with good information earlier in the game. 

14 hours ago, Archer said:

And as a reminder, we likely have left in the game two Postmen, Link, a Daruk Thug, a Revali see who someone targets scanner, an Urbosa roleblocker, a Knight action redirect protector, a Sheikah role learner, and nine vanilla.

I'm honestly beginning to doubt the fact that there's a Sheikah role learner on the village side anymore. Dannex was basically 100% confirmed and at that point the only person I think most of the village, if not all of the village out there, trusted.

I don't know what else to do so I think my vote will belong to Drake tonight. 

@Ashbringer @Azmine_king @Archer @Szeth_Pancakes @Steeldancer@kaylakrue @Devotary of Spontaneity @Jondesu @Alvron @DrakeMarshall@Random Bystander @WhiffleWaffles @attic_gremlin @YeetAroundABush @purplewhiteandgold @Tani @quillinthestars Here is your ~11 hour reminder to get any actions and votes in before the turn closes!

Also, here's a VC:

DrakeMarshall (10): Ashbringer, Azmine_king, Archer, Szeth_Pancakes, Steeldancer, Devotary of Spontaneity, Jondesu, WhiffleWaffles, attic_gremlin, YeetAroundABush
Szeth_Pancakes (1): DrakeMarshall

On 7/1/2021 at 0:39 PM, attic_gremlin said:

Either way, it's definitely worth reviewing who TJ voted on for days 2 and 3.

So far TJ had voted for TUO, Drake, and Drake. 

Dannex had voted for TUO. 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:50 PM, quillinthestars said:

Well isn’t this just an absolute mess.

Fear. :(

On 7/1/2021 at 7:11 PM, Alvron said:

Given there is a roleblock and double life role still out there a second knight is very likely.

I'm hopeful that there's more than one village knight, but I'm beginning to doubt it after we've seen the past cycles.

So far... 

TUO - Hyrulean 

Dannex - Sheikah goodie 

Matrim's Dice - Hyrulean Mipha 

Araris - Yiga King Rhoam 

Kas - Hyrulean Beedle 

Illwei - Master Kohga

Pyro - Hyrulean Knight

Stick - Hyrulean

Edited by WhiffleWaffles

26 minutes ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

I'm hopeful that there's more than one village knight, but I'm beginning to doubt it after we've seen the past cycles.

Sadly I agree.  The more I think about it the more it seems that the only Knight left is evil and they protected Drake redirecting Links kill to TJ.  It's the only thing that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

Sadly I agree.  The more I think about it the more it seems that the only Knight left is evil and they protected Drake redirecting Links kill to TJ.  It's the only thing that makes sense.

It also sucks because a Hyrulean Knight was voted off the first cycle and if they had still been here... >:( there could've been a chance for survival, most likely. 

I'm going to retract my vote from Drake, btw...which probably won't do anything honestly since 9 have voted for them. My reasoning is because so many have voted for them and if Drake is *somehow* not an elim...idk :(

Edited by WhiffleWaffles

2 hours ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

This deals with a disguised Yiga encounter in the Breath of the Wild game when Link strikes up a conversation with him. The nightmare and waking up part he's referencing are basically how Link started his adventure in the game. He woke up in a weird chamber and had no idea where he was. 

You. You get an upvote.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

DrakeMarshall (10): Ashbringer, Azmine_king, Archer, Szeth_Pancakes, Steeldancer, Devotary of Spontaneity, Jondesu, WhiffleWaffles, attic_gremlin, YeetAroundABush

Now that's the kind of quality voting I like to see B)

It's a shame I'm not secretly Daruk tbh everyone's reactions when I'm somehow still around by D5 would be quite something :D

EDIT: So when I'm about to get executed I usually do a final analysis post, do you guys want me to do a final analysis post???

Edited by DrakeMarshall

40 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

EDIT: So when I'm about to get executed I usually do a final analysis post, do you guys want me to do a final analysis post???

Maybe wait for after-game? :thonk: 

40 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

You. You get an upvote.

Thank you! It's honestly one of my favorite Yiga encounters. 

1 minute ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

Maybe wait for after-game? :thonk: 

You mean you don't want me to make a fake analysis post filled with trolling and fake leads? :(

Darn I was really hoping to get some people misexed that way. There go all of my plans... everyone who said I might not be Yiga is evil tbh

2 minutes ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

Thank you! It's honestly one of my favorite Yiga encounters. 

I know right? I haven't played that much breath of the wild tbh but the dialogue for that encounter felt rather applicable :)

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

You mean you don't want me to make a fake analysis post filled with trolling and fake leads? :(

Darn I was really hoping to get some people misexed that way. There go all of my plans... everyone who said I might not be Yiga is evil tbh

in that case go for it if you want lmao xD

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

everyone who said I might not be Yiga is evil tbh

We'll find out N4 I guess. >:P 

2 minutes ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

in that case go for it if you want lmao xD

We'll find out N4 I guess. >:P 

The village will not find out anything of the sort because Link can't make a kill N4 and my eliminator compatriots shall strive to eliminate an innocent Hyrulean >:P

Anyways without further ado, here is my analysis! :D

I would expect the Yiga to have one or two more roles remaining. Probably Revali and Urbosa. Whoever said that Daruk is a Yiga is probably mistaken.

I would be suspicious of everyone who has not followed my D1 advice about avoiding all forms of role-related discussion. A major difference between this game and most games is that the Yiga have much less of a vested interest in hiding role-related information than the Hyruleans do. Archer was quite correct that when I revealed we had a PM with each other, it was alignment indicative. Come to think of it, the fact that Devotary revealed we have a PM between each other is much the same.

My top suspicion is still Szeth. Their vote this cycle was pretty bandwagony tbh. Of all of the votes on me, theirs was the most suspicious. On the other hand, everyone who voted for me D2 is clearly cleared. Especially TJ. Speaking of TJ, Jondesu helped me vote for TJ that one time and it is rare for eliminator teammates to vote in sync, so Jondesu is probably a villager, right?

Alvron is most likely a villager due to their helpful analysis that I agree with, because people I agree with must be villagers. In particular, they are in principle correct that there could be a Knight of either alignment left in the game.

However, there is not, in fact, another Knight.

And it is for this reason that while it may look like I am about to die an ignominious death at the hands of a bloodthirsty mob of villagers, the truth is that everything is going exactly according to my plan, which I have planned from the start, down to the systematic removal of every possible protective power in the game. I am, in fact, currently in the process of delivering to the village a staggering defeat of titanic proportions. That's right. The village has in fact already lost, and they just don't know it yet. But I know. I know who Link is. It's Tani. I am revealing I know this which should be indelible proof of how confident I am that nothing can stop the Yiga. And while Tani may think to keep the murderers at bay with a concealed Hearty Durian (yuck) that I also know they have, this puny measure will only forestall the inevitable. In a tactical masterstroke of unparalleled genius, we the Yiga shall simply attack a second time!! It is inconceivable that the village will be able to execute all of us before Tani, who is Link, is slain. And therefore, nothing can stop my evil plan thank you for coming to my ted talk

Also Devotary just asked me to kill Archer smh the plan was to kill Tani but I don't want to not do what Devotary says guys help what do I do

Zoel, who was totally not Ezlo, the other magic green hat, was sneaking his way through the castle treasury. He was stuffing every jewel he could find into his hat. Or, well, I guess into himself, since he is the hat. But there was a purpose to this plan. 

Once all the jewels were stolen, he spit one back out and left it there. It was a rupoor. Which now meant that not only was Hyrule Castle completely out of money, they had -10 rupees! That's sad.

But not for Zoel, who was now rich beyond his wildest dreams. He just had to make it out of the treasury and to his own room. Maybe even just go straight back to-

There was a loud banging noise as someone opened the treasury door right in front of Zoel. 

"By the name of Hylia, you are under arrest!" The guards yelled. There was a crowd of people watching in the halls beyond, and their eyes seemed hungry for something to happen.

"Wait!" Zoel yelled. "I can explain! I'm actually Link in disguise! You've got the wrong hat!" 

The guards didn't listen. They just grabbed him out of the arm, and stomped on him. There was a loud popping noise, and Zoel turned back into a limp Yiga body. At the same time, thousands of rupees exploded out of nowhere, throwing the guards back and covering the floor in rupees. 

That's gonna be a pain to clean up.

char(72)char(65)char(84)

DrakeMarshall has been removed! They were a Yiga Postman!

DrakeMarshall (10): Ashbringer, Azmine_king, Archer, Szeth_Pancakes, Steeldancer, Devotary of Spontaneity, Jondesu, attic_gremlin, YeetAroundABush, purplewhiteandgold

This turn will end at 8:30 am CDT on Sunday, July 4th.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Matrim's Dice Hyrulean Mipha
  2. Kasimir Hyrulean Beedle
  3. The Unknown Order - Hyrulean
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast and AraRaash, who will certainly find a way to keep each other busy while stuck in a strange dimension.
  5. @Azmine_king
  6. @Archer - Linkov, an elf with a sword who shouts "I'M LINKOV"
  7. Dannex - Hyrulean Sheikah
  8. @Szeth_Pancakes - Earl, a knight(?)
  9. @Steeldancer - Linebeck, swindler, salesman, local hero
  10. Araris Valerian Yiga King Rhoam
  11. @kaylakrue
  12. |TJ| - Princess Zelda
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Kele, ex-Yiga, a bit confused but has the spirit
  14. _Stick_ - Hyrulean
  15. Illwei Master Kohga
  16. @Jondesu - Cimu
  17. @Alvron - Jamut Whitemane, no idea what's going on
  18. DrakeMarshall Yiga Postman
  19. The Young Pyromancer - Hyrulean Knight
  20. @Random Bystander - KorVaal the Kandra, currently impersonating a Hylian woman named Eshe
  21. @WhiffleWaffles - Sagessa, she's pretty cool
  22. @attic_gremlin - Horatio Archibald Stibbons, Hyrule Castle's elusive, mustachioed butler
  23. @YeetAroundABush - Nott Yigah, from the esteemed and most noble house of Yigah
  24. @purplewhiteandgold - Vee, a maid at the castle and a bit new to all this
  25. @Tani - Reva
  26. @quillinthestars - Conepine, he's... he's just a pinecone cat

PMs will be sent out shortly, if they haven't been already.

Edited by StrikerEZ

Sorry everyone, had a huge brain fart and messed up when rollover is gonna be. It’s going to be Sunday July 4th, at 8:30 am CDT. I’m gonna edit the writeup to reflect this. Sorry about any confusion.