The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Nathrangking is low on energy, I believe, but not harmed. 

Flame on!

"Great! Anything else you can do, Truth?

Kindness, have you seen anything? 

Queen, would you help lookout as well, while practicing invisibility? 

Enter, do you have anything that could help?

Fadran, does your plan still work?

Any ideas, anyone? 

And does anyone know what that random voice was? Do you want to introduce yourself?"

You know what, let's try this. "Person named Grace? Are you there? Are portals open yet?"

Edited by Mist

13 minutes ago, Mist said:

Queen, would you help lookout as well, while practicing invisibility? 

Queen nods, turning just herself invisible. She has figured out how to isolate targets, and can change her target at a moment's notice. "Let me know if you need anyone else invisible." she says from her spot near the doorway. Leaning up against the doorframe, she begins fiddling with her mind switches, unsure of what, specifically, they are meant to do. She yelps when she begins to float, though no one can see what she's yelping about. Quickly turning visible, she shows off her newly found ability. "It appears that I can also float a few inches above the ground, though no more than that. Odd, why would that be useful?" She shrugs. "I'll figure it out later." She then proceeds to land, then disappear again.

45 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Truth rushed to Nathrangking, "Hold still", he says, summoning his glowing Shardblade. He holds the Shardblade in front of him, it's glow increasing to become nearly blinding. He suddenly gasps and lowers the Blade, "You are a magical construct!", he closes his eyes, "That too made out of Light!" His eyes snap open, "I will be able to heal you. Just don't move." He starts to glow and make various intricate gestures with his fingers, leaving glowing lines behind. His eyes glow a pale green.

@Nathrangking

I sense a rush of power attempt to restore me. It rushes aver me, but it gains no traction. I sigh. "Alas mine is the sort of power that must either return on its own or be restored by the hand of an eldritch god. Normal magics cannot help. Me. I thank you for trying. Since we don't currently have an eldritch handy. We must be cautious. If I overtax my powers I fear that I shall be taken out of play completely."

6 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I sense a rush of power attempt to restore me. It rushes aver me, but it gains no traction. I sigh. "Alas mine is the sort of power that must either return on its own or be restored by the hand of an eldritch god. Normal magics cannot help. Me. I thank you for trying. Since we don't currently have an eldritch handy. We must be cautious. If I overtax my powers I fear that I shall be taken out of play completely."

"Hmmm, what divides normal gods from eldritch ones? Can a normal god restore your power? Can a very powerful normal god restore your power? What about a Shard?", wonders Truth.

Truth: Random prisoner who was in the dungeon. T and Vapor freed him. Teleported to main room with Nathrangking 

Kindness: in main room. Nathrangking teleported to her.

Queen: discovering new powers. Flight, invisibility. In main room.

Enter: worked on plan to get out, sleeping? In main room.

Fadran: worked on plan to find way out (requires everyone), absent from Shard for a little. Portals aren't working. 

Spock: random voice came from walls/random person in hallways 

Ene: in main room?

Jek: holding orange gemstone from holed. In main room.

Vapor: helped free Truth and Nathrangking, being arrested by oranges. 

Nathrangking: was imprisoned. T and Vapor freed him. He teleported to main room. Turned T to light, destroyed orange enthralling T and Eric.

T: helped free Nathrangking and Truth, searched for Baalhan, found by orange, offered deal by blue, Nathrangking turned T to light, enthralled by orange, Nathrangking saved her. Eric ran her to lab.

Ember: in main area

Eric: appeared while T was looking for Baalhan. Ran to main room with orange following, briefly enthralled, with Vapor.

Baalhan: imprisoned somewhere

Null: in main room

General: Portals blocked, Truth and Nathrangking freed and teleport to main group, Fadran and Enter plan how to get out, T and Eric discovered and enthralled, Nathrangking destroys the orange enthralling them, Vapor and Eric are getting arrested, T is talking to Vapor's dad.

Kindness, does this help? Am I missing anything? Feel free to ask me questions. I'll do my best to answer them or find an answer. 

Edited by Mist

59 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Part of that is because this is getting a little bit confusing.  I don't really know what's happening anymore.

Me, too, Kindness.

Edit: I said that before I read your explanation, @Mist. That makes sense, thanks!

Edited by DramaQueen

6 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

"Hmmm, what divides normal gods from eldritch ones? Can a normal god restore your power? Can a very powerful normal god restore your power? What about a Shard?", wonders Truth.

Internally I sigh. A scholarly inquiry is hardly appropriate at this time. "Eldritch or elder gods are the sources of of divine power, other gods derive power from them. I was birthed of an Eldritch god as a result only one such god has the power to restore me. Even a very powerful normal god would not be sufficient. As for a shard I know not what that is."

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You did what?" said Dr. Larue, aghast.

"Oh, there's no question about it," said the blue in a mild tone. "You, Eric, are also under arrest- for assaulting a holed."

"He assaulted me! I was trying to stop Tara from freeing Baalhan when the holed attacked," Eric says. 

Vapor stepped back again. "Don't we get a trial or something first?"

14 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You did what?" said Dr. Larue, aghast.

14 hours ago, Mist said:

"Freed our friend? Defended ourselves? Yes. Are you willing to help us?" I'm guessing that's a no.

2 hours ago, Vapor said:

"He assaulted me! I was trying to stop Tara from freeing Baalhan when the holed attacked," Eric says. 

Is Eric a traitor?! Likely an excuse. 

Ember speaks. "Sorry. I realized I haven't been very clear with my intentions. Our friends were imprisoned. We freed one, and got in trouble for that. T and Eric were enthralled, and Nathrangking destroyed a holed to free them. I'm concerned that they will want most of us to stay, either as prisoners or to use, as the king implied Baalhan would be. I'm planning that we'll be attacked, and I want to hold them off."

Nope and nope. Eric was suggesting that Tara not try to break Baalhan out yet. He knows he can't really lie to the blue holed.

Jek hits the stone against a table. "Does someone else want to try this?" he asks.

20 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

This particular character is a magical construct literally made of light. Unless the mind control can take hold of a mind which is made of light particles held together by magic and which is malleable then I don't think that it will be effective.

Well, holed aren't usually very particular about physiology. How is the cognitive aspect connected to the construct?

20 hours ago, Mist said:

"Freed our friend? Defended ourselves? Yes. Are you willing to help us?" I'm guessing that's a no.

"I have no love for the holed," says Dr. Larue, shaking his head, "but your mission has already failed." Suddenly his expression darkens. "You didn't drag my daughter into this, did you?"

8 hours ago, Vapor said:

"Of course," said the blue drily. "Generally speaking, trials come after the arrest."

Cognitively speaking the mind is separate from the construct. The connection is a tenuous one. The best way to think about it might be the connection of a satellite to computers on Earth. Signals travel back and forth however this back and forth goes on in another plane of existence entirely. There is no actual physical connection The body exists basically on the other plane though at will the character can become on a scale more attached to the physical plane.

@xinoehp512

4 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor blushed. "Right." She stepped forward. "Where am I to be taken?" 

Eric stepped next to Vapor. "Let's go."

"Follow me," said the blue.

5 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Cognitively speaking the mind is separate from the construct. The connection is a tenuous one. The best way to think about it might be the connection of a satellite to computers on Earth. Signals travel back and forth however this back and forth goes on in another plane of existence entirely. There is no actual physical connection The body exists basically on the other plane though at will the character can become on a scale more attached to the physical plane.

Hmm. Information flow from Universe Hexagon (outwards, at least) is blocked, so wherever the mind is has to be in the Universe somewhere.

23 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I have no love for the holed," says Dr. Larue, shaking his head, "but your mission has already failed." Suddenly his expression darkens. "You didn't drag my daughter into this, did you?"

Don't we love when the Shard is being glitchy? :P

You can hide your own posts. It's in the Options tab.

"Your daughter was involved, although it was her choice."

2 hours ago, Mist said:

"Your daughter was involved, although it was her choice."

The scientist exhales a curse through his teeth. "That's unfortunate."

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Going out perhaps. Coming in perhaps not. Besides is all transfers of everything blocked. Are photons being constrained?

Coming in is less regulated, true- but if the mind is outside, that would still make it blind and deaf to what was going on inside.

Yes, photons are being constrained. The person the mimes are trying to constrain got out of the former quarantine through manipulation of obscure information transfer, and photons are anything but obscure.