The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Mist may operate Jek and Spin. :) Vapor and Eric will stay untouched.

"Oh, that's fine! Ignore the responsible spren who is telling you not to do it. Stop making escape and rescue plans!" Spin flies over to the corner and disappears.

Sorry for the deus in machina that ended up happening. I started out suggesting it, but now it bugs me.

"Spin, we're probably all going to get arrested. If we do nothing, we're probably getting arrested. If we do something, we may survive or escape."

Now I set my angle in motion. Enough time has passed.

Baalhan's eyes stare straight ahead at the thick stone enchanted walls as he feels the magic of the 4 green holid. Hold him fast. He does not even attempt to break free. How could I have been so foolish as to underestimate my enemy? I have acted foolishly. Nathrangking is not free and this mortal seeks my power for his own. This time I must set in motion a true plan. It is time. Baalhan's eyes dull just a bit as he retreats into the vastness of his own mind. He reaches out to the threads of power that hang in the air of that throne room chamber that he manifests. His mind taps into a thick rope of power and suddenly he is divided between two mindscapes. "Santonio your old shackles are broken. New ones have been forged from the links of the old. Come to me. You will remember nothing of why. At any inquiry you will say that you are coming to make a bargain. If Aridith himself confronts you you will act as though you anted to coerce me to obey." He exits his mindscape and waits.

@xinoehp512

18 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"So, what's the plan? I'm sorry, miss, but I need to get off world or else the rebellion will proceed and fail without me."

“The plan is... complicated. However, we are headed out for the Cosmere, so if you want to hitch a ride and offer your services, that would be nice.”

17 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I have no intention of playing with capitalization, nor making a debate of it. If you desire all of the characters to be controllable I'll allow Nath to be harder, but controllable. I however do believe that Nath's mind is not so easily swayed.

I mean, holed don't usually try to do much swaying. They just break in. :P But I can say that they'd have trouble taking control of a construct.

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

Baalhan's eyes stare straight ahead at the thick stone enchanted walls as he feels the magic of the 4 green holid. Hold him fast. He does not even attempt to break free. How could I have been so foolish as to underestimate my enemy? I have acted foolishly. Nathrangking is not free and this mortal seeks my power for his own. This time I must set in motion a true plan. It is time. Baalhan's eyes dull just a bit as he retreats into the vastness of his own mind. He reaches out to the threads of power that hang in the air of that throne room chamber that he manifests. His mind taps into a thick rope of power and suddenly he is divided between two mindscapes. "Santonio your old shackles are broken. New ones have been forged from the links of the old. Come to me. You will remember nothing of why. At any inquiry you will say that you are coming to make a bargain. If Aridith himself confronts you you will act as though you anted to coerce me to obey." He exits his mindscape and waits.

@xinoehp512

Hmm. What are the mechanics of this?

The mechanics are as follows. Those Holid that I killed as Baalhan earlier were brought back to life by Baalhan. At the point where he did so I figure that if they were acting under the control of Aridith then death should have broken them of such control. If it did not break them of the control or there was none Baalhan used his resurrection powers to create a line of control. Now he made an extremely subtle backdoor and control spell that were powered by the powers of the effected. Once set in place unless one knew what to look for it would not be noticed. It did not require his power to access or maintain. The hosts would be unaware of it even while it was in use. It connects to Baalhan's mind and all he has to do is issue a mental command over this mental connection which the Holid maintain.

@xinoehp512

5 hours ago, Condensation said:

"I am Herate. I would love to help as long as it gets me off world quickly. Yes, I am a ReForger and my mind is impenetrable. You can check my eyes, although I am not sure why you would want to." 

Ember checks Herate's eyes for thrall rings, finding none.

Condensation should be able to reply today.

"Wait, so are we using a spaceship or a plan with a portal?" Ember asks. 

"Mr. Larue, could I get a response? I know you claim our plan is already doomed to failure, but I don't think it is, at least with help."

"Also, travel to and from at least this universe is blocked. We're hoping to circumvent that by exploiting physics. My current plan involves an Einstein-Rosen Bridge, which is basically a black hole, so we need to get away from the planet." Enter a username realizes that if he builds the spaceship inside, it won't be able to get away from the planet without destroying half the building. He starts work on the device that will create the wormhole instead.

We're still inside, right?

3 hours ago, Mist said:

"Mr. Larue, could I get a response? I know you claim our plan is already doomed to failure, but I don't think it is, at least with help."

The scientist just shook his head and retreated into his lab. "I'd advise giving up," he called back over his shoulder. "That's the best chance you have of getting out of this."

"Ah!" calls a familiar voice from behind her. The blue. "There you are, Miss Tara. Have you given my offer any consideration?"

On 7/24/2020 at 3:35 PM, Condensation said:

Yes, I am a ReForger and my mind is impenetrable

Impenetrable how?

20 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“So, Herate... what are you best at ReForging? Where do your talents lie, and where do they stop?”

1 hour ago, Mist said:

"Okay. Thanks. Herate, how long would it take you to create a soulstamp? 

56 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Impenetrable how?

For/from @Condensation, she misspoke, she's a Forger (soulstamps, etc.); 2-3 months;.strong-willed.

56 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Ah!" calls a familiar voice from behind her. The blue. "There you are, Miss Tara. Have you given my offer any consideration?"

"Yes, but only to strengthen my resolve. My answer is still no."

Edited by Mist

I'm assuming we're at the "Holding cell"

Vapor and Eric walk in to the room/cell thing and sit down on the most comfortable thing available. "Are you going to arrest the others, too?"

Would you mind describing it?

Spin flies off to scout while Jek examines the stone some more. "Well, I can't figure this out."  He drops it on a table and frowns.

"Forgive me, but, I'm a Forger, not a Re-Forger. I mis-spoke. I have dedicated my studies to soul stamps(changing people), so I only know the basics for stamping objects. It depends, but if I can work with the person(given that you want it to take for 24 hours), maybe 2 months. I don't know how my mind is impenetrable, but I have noticed that the--what did you call them? Holid?-- are incapable of controlling my mind."

Hey guys! I'm back! Thanks for not progressing much while I was gone. Props to you!

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“I need everyone here.” Fadran starts pacing. “Kindness, could you go find them? Or Nath, could you, like, send out a telepathic call to them? The sooner everyone knows the plan and their part in it, the better.”

"Of course!"  Kindness zips off, weaving through the halls quickly.

I'm looking for Mist, Vapor, Enter and who else?