The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

"I fear we are all doomed. The holed know we are here, at least the blue ones, can enthrall most of us, and we cannot use portals. Eric, I'll need your help. Vapor's dad has at least one gemstone that can resist enthralling. Run me there. I'll defend your mind. If you go fast enough, we'll be in and out of the range of any holed we pass before they break through my defenses. Even if it's not finished, defense against most holed will be enough. Ember, you and I should block all of the halls within enthralling range. If we can keep them from getting close enough, that's our best defense. Eric, can you do that?"

Edited by Mist
Flame on!

3 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor backed away from the holed. "Will you let me pass?"

"He can't do that, I'm afraid," said the voice of a blue holed. "He's here to put you under arrest, you see."

37 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

My eyes narrow. "We'll see who will prevail. Oresus Naales Rutz Lirexus." The orange holed explodes in a wave of light as his every cell is turned into light and scattered to the winds. My invisibility fails and I fall to my knees. The glow in T's and Eric's eyes vanish.

An orange gemstone falls to the ground, glow fading.

5 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"For what?" Vapor asks.

"Several things," says the blue. "Trespassing on government property. Conspiracy to release prisoners. And, of course, being an accessory to murder."

8 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Jek picks up the orange gemstone and looks at it.

The gemstone does nothing in his hand, but he can feel the power within- power to give the user unimaginable strength. 

"I think she was heading to where I was. I saw her on the way back. Right now, either she's not in danger or she's been found, likely by a holed. In the first case, we could get her now or later. In the second, we could get caught and enthralled, unless we have that purple gemstone.

So, will you run me to the lab?

Jek, does that do anything? Try moving around or punching something."

Ember begins to put fire in the hallways to defend their room. 

5 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"Murder? Who was murdered? And I was just walking around!"

"An orange holed," said the blue. "Called by a name you wouldn't know. Murdered by someone you do. Nathrangking."

@xinoehp512, does it do anything?

It would not, not to him.

Edited by xinoehp512

T walks into the lab. "Jeffrey, we're in trouble. Our friends were imprisoned by the king. We freed them, and now one of the holed has enthralled us. Our friend destroyed that one, but I'm guessing this will mean war. Can you help us? May we use Vapor's purple gemstone? Is there anything else we can use? I have a certain amount of mental strength, enough to hold off enthrallment slightly. Do you have any other purple gemstones?"

Thank you for providing so much of the setting. 

@xinoehp512

"Doesn't look like it does anything," says Ember.

"Kindness, will you keep an eye out. If anyone's coming, we want to stop them quickly, and I'm guessing you can't get enthralled. But be careful about the greens.

Truth, do you have any powers that could help?

Random voice that showed up (Spock), same question.

Queen, keep exploring your powers. If you want, you could also keep a lookout, although blue holed may know you're there. 

Ene, any powers that could help? Want to ask Grace about portals?

Fadran, I know you had a plan. I'm guessing this wasn't what you were thinking, so modify it, perhaps. 

Jek, see if there's anything you can do with that stone. 

Enter, have anything that will help? Especially against mind control? 

Negative Null, do you have a name? Any passageways we should block off?"

Edited by Mist

"I go by Null, mi'lady, for now. If we are trying to defend against the Holed, there are some key junctures we can block off. But I don't know where the other memebers of your party still could be."

Now that I really have the idea of how this works I'll probably ditch this character once we leave

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

"I go by Null, mi'lady, for now. If we are trying to defend against the Holed, there are some key junctures we can block off. But I don't know where the other memebers of your party still could be."

This is Ember at the moment, by the way. T's in the lab. 

"Perfect. Will you show me, so I can block them with fire? Those of us without something to do, let's drag the furnishings to block those points."

I know Fadran may not see this for a while. 

Would anyone mind if I did something weird? Speak now or hold your peace.

"Nathrangking, are you able to be enthralled? You should rest on the pillows Enter used." Ember is bustling around, dragging furniture to block the key points. As he puts furniture there, he places a wall of fire beyond it, far enough to not burn the furniture, of course.

"Fadran, you could try Forging a Spirit Bond to that orange gemstone and see if that does anything."

"We found an orange gemstone from an orange holed Nathrangking killed." T remembers and mentions it to Jeffrey. "You could come with us. Fadran has a plan."

Jek examines the gemstone. "Could someone help me?"

Eric runs through the hallways, listening for any fighting or dangers. After a while, he runs into Vapor. "Sorry. Vapor?" He stops when he sees the holed. "Are you in trouble?" 

Vapor jumps. "I may or may not be under arrest." 

Eric stops. "What?"

Just now, Mist said:

"Nathrangking, are you able to be enthralled? You should rest on the pillows Enter used." Ember is bustling around, dragging furniture to block the key points. As he puts furniture there, he places a wall of fire beyond it, far enough to not burn the furniture, of course.

"Fadran, you could try Forging a Spirit Bond to that orange gemstone and see if that does anything."

"We found an orange gemstone from an orange holed Nathrangking killed." T remembers and mentions it to Jeffrey. "You could come with us. Fadran has a plan."

"I'd imagine not. My mind is not quite the same as most."

47 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

What do you mean by weird?

Talking to another character, maybe that character passes us supplies.

Sorry for the double post. Oops.

When I'm "in" a bad situation, I get either depressed or determined. Often switching between both. This is determined!Ember and T.

45 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Good. One less member of our party to worry about in that respect."

Edited by Mist

4 hours ago, Mist said:

T walks into the lab. "Jeffrey, we're in trouble. Our friends were imprisoned by the king. We freed them, and now one of the holed has enthralled us. Our friend destroyed that one, but I'm guessing this will mean war. Can you help us? May we use Vapor's purple gemstone? Is there anything else we can use? I have a certain amount of mental strength, enough to hold off enthrallment slightly. Do you have any other purple gemstones?"

"You did what?" said Dr. Larue, aghast.

2 hours ago, Mist said:

Would anyone mind if I did something weird? Speak now or hold your peace.

Depends on the specifics.

2 hours ago, Vapor said:

Jek examines the gemstone. "Could someone help me?"

Eric runs through the hallways, listening for any fighting or dangers. After a while, he runs into Vapor. "Sorry. Vapor?" He stops when he sees the holed. "Are you in trouble?" 

Vapor jumps. "I may or may not be under arrest." 

Eric stops. "What?"

"Oh, there's no question about it," said the blue in a mild tone. "You, Eric, are also under arrest- for assaulting a holed."

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

In what way do you think yourself immune?

This particular character is a magical construct literally made of light. Unless the mind control can take hold of a mind which is made of light particles held together by magic and which is malleable then I don't think that it will be effective.

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You did what?" said Dr. Larue, aghast.

"Freed our friend? Defended ourselves? Yes. Are you willing to help us?" I'm guessing that's a no.

Edited by Mist

5 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

My head spins if that's even possible. I have not been so drained for eons. I remain to weak to stand. "I will recover in time. There is nothing to be done about it. I don't have enough in me to pull off another trick like that . You will have to be careful."

Truth rushed to Nathrangking, "Hold still", he says, summoning his glowing Shardblade. He holds the Shardblade in front of him, it's glow increasing to become nearly blinding. He suddenly gasps and lowers the Blade, "You are a magical construct!", he closes his eyes, "That too made out of Light!" His eyes snap open, "I will be able to heal you. Just don't move." He starts to glow and make various intricate gestures with his fingers, leaving glowing lines behind. His eyes glow a pale green.

@Nathrangking

Edited by The_Truthwatcher