The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

32 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Andante closed her eyes tightly and visualised it. "Defend," she said quietly. A fizzle of blue sparks popped in front of her, and she cracked an eye open. "Did it work?"

"Well, it was better than my first try. It usually doesn't work if you're hesitant about it. Try it again."

Also, it's visualized, not visualised :P Gotcha

Edited by 00kla

Rien is xino's character. Don't you remember him?

Hilarious, Null. :D Visualised is the way my Pi thinks it's spelled.

12 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"Well, it was better than my first try. It usually doesn't work if you're hesitant about it. Try it again."

Andante tried it again, but this time she spoke louder. This will work.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Hilarious, Null. :D Visualised is the way my Pi thinks it's spelled.

18 minutes ago, 00kla said:

Can't blame me, I want to get on your exclusive list :P 

The rune floats in front of her for a moment before losing its color and falling to the ground. 

"Yeah, you did it! All you really need to make that work is practice. For now, I want you to carry some dust with you all the time, ok? Even just a momentary shield like that can save your life."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Connie, I don't have your thousand-IQ character memory!

No, I'm actually really bad with names until I'm reminded, at which point I remember until the end of time. :) Rien is xino's high-ranking soldier character who interrupted Herate and Daolan's kiss.

I've actually gotten better since I made that list. But there'll be a day when I'm having a hard time and the list will grow by many names.

Just now, 00kla said:

Can't blame me, I want to get on your exclusive list :P 

"Sounds good. I'll... just put it in my other pocket, shall I?"

3 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"They aren't... but I think they can be."

4 hours ago, 00kla said:

"That brings up another point. What are we doing about Wyrn? I know Herate promised she'd work with him. But we surely can't let that situation stand for too long."

"We may be able to train them to fight, but to properly turn this ragtag group into a war machine will take more time than we have. If we can teach them to fight smart then we'll be able to get find a way to get Herate back."

Edited by Nathrangking

Just now, Nathrangking said:

"We may be able to train them to fight, but to properly turn this ragtag group into a war machine will take more time than we have. If we can teach them to fight smart then we'll be able to get find a way to get Herate back."

"We're split on two metaphorical fronts," Fadran replied. "On the one hand, we have to lead a militia to victory against a well-trained army. On the other, we have to save Herate and Daolan. So..." He shrugged. "How do we do that?"

Vale sighs. "You keep focusing on the army. The army isn't the important part when some members of this group could hold their own against a better trained and better armed one. When you have this level of magical prowess that we're dealing with, an army is more important as a distraction, as a means to hold someone down, or channel support. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"We're split on two metaphorical fronts," Fadran replied. "On the one hand, we have to lead a militia to victory against a well-trained army. On the other, we have to save Herate and Daolan. So..." He shrugged. "How do we do that?"

"On either side, the problem is that we don't know what abilities they have on their side. If it was just a question of an army and a castle in our way, this would be pretty easy, I think. What we need is to somehow take out Wyrn and his mages."

1 minute ago, 00kla said:

Vale sighs. "You keep focusing on the army. The army isn't the important part when some members of this group could hold their own against a better trained and better armed one. When you have this level of magical prowess that we're dealing with, an army is more important as a distraction, as a means to hold someone down, or channel support. 

"On either side, the problem is that we don't know what abilities they have on their side. If it was just a question of an army and a castle in our way, this would be pretty easy, I think. What we need is to somehow take out Wyrn and his mages."

"Individuals could hold their own, but this... group?" Fadran gestured at the tent flap. "We've got some powerful people, yes, but an army is still an army. There's only so much we can do about that with just ourselves. As for the castle... we have two options." He held up two fingers. "Option one, we flank and siege the thing. Option two, we charge it right off. Either way would be costly to both sides."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Individuals could hold their own, but this... group?" Fadran gestured at the tent flap. "We've got some powerful people, yes, but an army is still an army. There's only so much we can do about that with just ourselves. As for the castle... we have two options." He held up two fingers. "Option one, we flank and siege the thing. Option two, we charge it right off. Either way would be costly to both sides."

Vale has a tendency to overestimate himself, but he also sees some serious potential in Fadran and Queen. Before Nath got nerfed he definitely was at that power level. While he's not being completely truthful, he does believe that our biggest asset is the Fellowship, and the army just kind of is getting in the way. Also, he's never really worked as a leader of an army like this before, he's used to working in a squad of superhumans, like the Justice League or something, which doesn't usually have to deal with an army the same way we do here. We actually have to defend something, not just take things out. Just explaining out of character so you get where he's coming from :) 

"The siege idea could work, if they held the outside and then we sent some people in to bring them out... but that doesn't solve the army problem or the creatures, I suppose." He taps his fingers against his temple. "I still think that getting some otherworldly help might be a good idea, even though you don't think so."

12 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"The siege idea could work, if they held the outside and then we sent some people in to bring them out... but that doesn't solve the army problem or the creatures, I suppose." He taps his fingers against his temple. "I still think that getting some otherworldly help might be a good idea, even though you don't think so."

Gotcha.

"I'm not saying otherworldly help should be avoided; I'm saying that bringing in technology from other realms could lead to screwing up this planet's... well, everything. These people need an army; I'm sure we could find one."

I did the math. :) If 1/5 of the army stayed behind(which is what I'm thinking) then they have 1,800 men. That means 3 battalions, 12 companies, 60 platoons, and 180 squads. My gosh, that's a lot of leaders.

Vapor won't be posting for at least 24 hours, she accidentally posted a RoW spoiler and got suspended. I totally get why, you can't really give mercy to one unless you give mercy to all, and some people post those on purpose. :)

2 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Sounds good. I'll... just put it in my other pocket, shall I?"

"Go for it. I'll make sure to give you more if you run out. If the dust gets contaminated or used too much it starts to lose a charge, and while it's hard to make more, it isn't too hard to recharge it. I think I'll teach you one more, and then you should probably go practice and make sure you have them down."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"I'm not saying otherworldly help should be avoided; I'm saying that bringing in technology from other realms could lead to screwing up this planet's... well, everything. These people need an army; I'm sure we could find one."

"I'm sure I could handle that if we need to. But regardless, we still need to deal with the monsters, and get Daolan and Herate out. You said they had some kind of hold on Daolan?"

1 hour ago, 00kla said:

1 hour ago, 00kla said:

The exhaustion returns to my eyes as I listen to Vale and Fadran. "We are powerful, but we have limits. We cannot prosecute a war alone. What happens to these people once we leave this place? They must be allowed to stand on their own. If we alone fight for them and even if we summon supernatural aid then they are far worse off for it. I have seen what happens when immortals take interest in worlds and agree to fight for them. Mortals must not lose the ability to wage war for themselves."

2 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"Go for it. I'll make sure to give you more if you run out. If the dust gets contaminated or used too much it starts to lose a charge, and while it's hard to make more, it isn't too hard to recharge it. I think I'll teach you one more, and then you should probably go practice and make sure you have them down."

"I'm sure I could handle that if we need to. But regardless, we still need to deal with the monsters, and get Daolan and Herate out. You said they had some kind of hold on Daolan?"

"We have to be cleverer than they. We will have to hold a weapon over them. If we want to force Wyrn's hand we will need to gain the help of the fox."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

"We have to be cleverer than they. We will have to hold a weapon over them. If we want to force Wyrn's hand we will need to gain the help of the fox."

"That's a possibility I hadn't thought of. Can these things be reasoned with, then?"

3 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"That's a possibility I hadn't thought of. Can these things be reasoned with, then?"

The faintest look of amusement appears in my eyes. "Reasoning with it will not end well. It can however be bargained with I suppose. We can make a deal and use this to our advantage if and only if we can get to it first."

The faintest look of amusement appears in my eyes. "Reasoning with it will not end well. It can however be bargained with I suppose. We can make a deal and use this to our advantage if and only if we can get to it first."

"Let me rephrase. It has some amount of sentience then? What would a being like this bargain with?"

Just now, 00kla said:

"Let me rephrase. It has some amount of sentience then? What would a being like this bargain with?"

"It is sentient. It is a primal being, but there is enough intelligence to be most dangerous and bargained with. We could potentially offer it what it wants."

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"It is sentient. It is a primal being, but there is enough intelligence to be most dangerous and bargained with. We could potentially offer it what it wants."

"Which would be? I'm assuming I wouldn't like what it eats..."

Edited by 00kla